• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Hopeless Please help me get clean off heroin

Well I did some research about Philip Seymour Hoffman and found out that in his 20's he had become an alcoholic, but had 'experimented' with heroin. This was according to his long time girlfriend and who was also the mother of the late actors 3 children.
She said after 2 decades of sobriety he began drinking a little, and then got a hold of a bottle of perscription opiods.
He had, had a successful run in a Broadway play, and after that began using heroin and as many of us know he died from an overdose.
He had gone to AA after successfully getting sober after 1 or more stays at rehab.
So, it seems that alcoholism led him to the path of drug use and his eventual death.
So it appears that his main problem was with alcohol but he had messed with heroin some before getting sober and going on to a very successful acting career. He fell off the wagon, got some pain killers and then while he had some free time began using heroin and from the amount found in his apartment, it appears he had become a full blown drug addict before his death.
It would appear that, despite what all those school scare films say, that alcohol is the real gateway drug in his case and so many others.
whatever drug is available is a gateway drug

pokemon was my gateway videogame

ukulele was my gateway instrument

What I meant was they always blame Marijuana for being the gateway drug. Obviously apeman and I are from different generations. Pokémon, seriously?

Pokémon, seriously?
Ideas_Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

He was drunk and tried to shoot an apple off her head. Or something off her head

Care to back it up?
Sure, go and read the plethora of medical literature on addiction and how it is a chronic, lifelong brain disease. Just google addiction and brain disease and you'll see how you carry addiction with you for the rest of your life, and no, being clean for a bunch of years doesn't mean you're healed. I mentioned people who managed to stay clean for decades and they still relapsed. You're not out of the woods.

My other data is experiential knowledge. I don't gain anything by lying to you. I have been in the scene for nearly 15 years and met lots of people in several countries along the way , some of them are seniors now and they're all still hooked (the old folks are in maintenance of course as they can't handle all that running around anymore), even though that one guy I mentioned managed to stay off dope for 15 years or so.

Look, I understand why what I said doesn't get a lot of support, because it is perhaps one of the most demoralizing realizations, and humans are simply creatures of hope, even if that makes them delusional, but that actually helped me make peace with my addiction instead of repeatedly trying to fight an uphill battle which ULTIMATELY you can't win and just causes an enormous amount of stress and also damages your feelings of self-worth every time you relapse. You may win the battle, but not the war. Some drugs make alterations in your brain that you simply cannot get rid off and if there is something I have learned it is that fighting and winning against your biology is an impossibility. But hey, you do you.

7 years without opioids here and now I don't even crave or think about them. I vape weed and drink oolong tea. I rewired my brain.
Yeah sure, let's meet up in 5, 10 or 20 years. I have learned early on to not trust anything people say online. Plenty of people claim shit online and when you see them in real life none of what they said actually matches up with how they look and behave.

I think I need another time-out from bluelight. Was awesome not arguing with people online or just writing simple one-liners. So if you wanna keep arguing you can go ahead and do that but don't expect me to reply or anything...

Last edited by a moderator:
to avoid a complete relapse leading to death
Relapse doesn't cause death per se. You have either phrased that sentence badly or you are arguing very dishonestly. I hope it's the former. If you've been clean and come back to brown, don't test the waters and mix with other depressants like benzos and then end up dying, it's very clearly NOT the fault of opioids that you're dead. I have relapsed a million times before changing my entire addiction "philosophy" and I'm still alive because I either started using pharma pills to get back to the level I previously was (which happens after just a couple days once you've catched a solid habit) and if I couldn't afford that or if it was unavailable I took a test shot, never mixed with benzos or drank alcohol which I detest anyway and the "worst" that ever happened was me puking through the entire night. Same with anyone else I know who followed that "protocol". You know it's actually pretty hard to die on opioids if you don't do fentdope (which is an impossibility in america unfortunately) or mix with other drugs. What all those opioid death statistics do NOT tell you is that those who ended up dying often had in 99% of cases other drugs in their system (or intentionally ODed in which case it should have been ruled a suicide). I'm not talking about fent infested america btw. That's a different issue entirely. I'm talking about people doing stupid shit and then others blaming a substance for it...

Last edited:
The dude who started the thread hasn't been here but once yesterday and today, I keep checking back to see if he is ok. Also what I forgot to mention was the rumor, that she wanted to die. Assisted suicide, and William S Burroughs is a major figure in the world of opiod addiction. It was her, and her death that really inspired Burroughs to be a writer. He wrote and published his first novel ,Junky, after Joan Vollmer 's death. She was his common law wife and there are all sorts of conflicting reports about her death. Her tragic death, is a mystery and many stories about it. Including a gin glass on her head, a dropped pistol, she wanted to die. She was a hugh part of bringing the beat writers, Kerouac, Ginsburg and Burroughs together by opening up her apartment to creative types in post WW2 and was even roommates with Jack Kerouac's wife Edie Parker( it didn't last, but they had a daughter together.) This was brought up and there are many theories, rumors and conflicting reports.
The part about him being gay was not a slur. She was his was his second wife but he was gay and even had a son.
Burroughs was a hugh part of the drug culture through his writings which were inspired by and started after her death which haunted and inspired him. No attacks on his sex life were made or intended.