• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Hopeless Please help me get clean off heroin

Can u explain why I had a 15+ year crack and heroin addiction and am currently 12ish years clean?
Guess what, I know someone who managed to stay clean for 15 years and relapsed. And as I already said, look at people like Seymour Hoffmann. These people also stayed clean for long periods and they all relapsed. 12 years is nothing lol. We're talking about staying clean PERMANENTLY.

If u feel so weak that u believe u will never be drug free then that’s ur problem.
Oh I see, the old "addiction is a weakness of character and will" bullshit. I knew that society believes in that nonsense but I'm surprised that even drug users here have fallen for this utter craptale that has been long debunked scientifically. What I said has got nothing to do with "weakness", it's just my realistic judgement of the situation after seeing addict after addict relapse even after multiple decades of being clean. It's hubris to think that you will be on the safe side just because you're clean NOW...

Can u explain why I had a 15+ year crack and heroin addiction and am currently 12ish years clean?
If u feel so weak that u believe u will never be drug free then that’s ur problem.
Funny thing I don't even like heroin. The addiction stuck with me from our times of doing crack daily and smoking brown to not have a heart attack lol

Guys, I ll go to a smarttshop in nethertlanfs(they have kratom)

what should my supply be to kick.heroin withdrawals?

Guess what, I know someone who managed to stay clean for 15 years and relapsed. And as I already said, look at people like Seymour Hoffmann. These people also stayed clean for long periods and they all relapsed. 12 years is nothing lol. We're talking about staying clean PERMANENTLY.

Oh I see, the old "addiction is a weakness of character and will" bullshit. I knew that society believes in that nonsense but I'm surprised that even drug users here have fallen for this utter craptale that has been long debunked scientifically. What I said has got nothing to do with "weakness", it's just my realistic judgement of the situation after seeing addict after addict relapse even after multiple decades of being clean. It's hubris to think that you will be on the safe side just because you're clean NOW...
"Guess what, I know someone who managed to stay clean for 15 years and relapsed. And as I already said, look at people like Seymour Hoffmann. These people also stayed clean for long periods and they all relapsed. 12 years is nothing lol. We're talking about staying clean PERMANENTLY."

If we are to go into phylosophycal discussions, then one can argue that by mearly completeltly shutting the addiction off, it is still in the same cage. In that case, victory shall came from managing to integrate the addiction into your life without affecting it. E.g. not stopping drinking alcoholl alltogether becayse tge bear thought of abstinance keeps you prison, but indulging from time to time in alcohol use but saying stop when you should stop" This was just to give an example. I dont promote alcohol use, my father was and is a drunk and it made my life and my mother;s life a nightmare. i was just talking purely for the sake of debating ideas

Oh you idealists...🙄

Opioid addiction has a point of no return. Once you start to like this stuff it's already too late. Look, I'm not trying to be a doomsayer here, I'm just being realistic. Nobody who ever became addicted to opioids, no matter how "tiny" his habit initially was, managed to stay off of it for the rest of his life. It's just the way this stuff rewires your brain. Some people like Philip Seymour Hoffmann may be able to stay clean for decades but they will eventually relapse. It's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when".

Don't blame the substance, blame legislation which has created all those negative consequences for you. If drug laws wouldn't exist like in the late 19th century you could simply walk into a pharmacy and buy a bottle of laudanum for cheaper than a bottle of beer and be able to live a normal life. Opioids are not the problem, politicians are...

I thought Philip Seymour Hoffman was an alcoholic and that was his main problem. I can honestly say, I got rid of my morphine script when my pain lessened. If all my pain would go away, and if I quit with no physical withdrawal from oxycodone I would.
Same with Valium

Good job staying clean for so long.
Oh you idealists...🙄

Opioid addiction has a point of no return. Once you start to like this stuff it's already too late. Look, I'm not trying to be a doomsayer here, I'm just being realistic. Nobody who ever became addicted to opioids, no matter how "tiny" his habit initially was, managed to stay off of it for the rest of his life. It's just the way this stuff rewires your brain. Some people like Philip Seymour Hoffmann may be able to stay clean for decades but they will eventually relapse. It's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when".

Don't blame the substance, blame legislation which has created all those negative consequences for you. If drug laws wouldn't exist like in the late 19th century you could simply walk into a pharmacy and buy a bottle of laudanum for cheaper than a bottle of beer and be able to live a normal life. Opioids are not the problem,
You, are the only person who has ever called me an idealist. Lol

Last edited:
Lol, what in particular do you mean?
Anyways how are you doing and did you get through the day ok?

Oh you idealists...🙄

That is quite a claim. Care to back it up?

7 years without opioids here and now I don't even crave or think about them. I vape weed and drink oolong tea. I rewired my brain.

Hey, I have trouble sleeping and passed out and just woke up. I guess I will talk to you later, it is morning where you are

Last edited:
I thought Philip Seymour Hoffman was an alcoholic and that was his main problem. I can honestly say, I got rid of my morphine script when my pain lessened. If all my pain would go away, and if I quit with no physical withdrawal from oxycodone I would.
Same with Valium
Nah he was a full blown heroin addict man but I loved the dudes acting. And think he was probably a good dude. Just suffering…I always wonder how alone he must have felt in his darkest hour…

Multiple times, I can't go even 12 hours. Then I kinda become suicidal(!between us) because I am a piece of shit that can't even endure that pain....

With lyrica thou(and some xanax) I managed to almost hit 20 hours with 0 dope. ( I reset the timer if I smoke and I smoked a couple of times but each time was after like 15+ hours of 0 heroin and it was like 0.03g of pretty bad quality heroin. Again I smoke it off of thinfoil)
This is as far as I've read so if I'm repeating someone else, sorry.
The cheapest and easiest to obtain helps are loperamide and vitamin C
Both at high doses
If you can afford nothing else, get those two and maybe blackseed oil, that I had in the past.
I'm currently quitting opium, it's been a few years and I'm fed up with waking up in wds every day, so I quit last Tuesday, first time in like a year I managed to stop.
I've got buprenorphine and gabapentin too (like weak pregablin) but the loperamide was the real help, I stopped losing fluids so I've not even lost weight this time.
I have clonidine and been taking around 0.7mg a day of that, I'm tapering it down now.
With both loperamide and clonidine I had no headfuck at all. I endured two days before sticking on my first buprenorphine patch, I've four on now. The conversion is 40mg of patches is like 2mg sublingual bupe.
I've been taking about 15 loperamide 2mg each day. I'm in Europe too, they cost 65 cents a box here if you buy from bargain shops.
Yesterday I was still weak and not able to work, today I could work, I was really ill four days and now because I've buprenorphine patches I'm ok.
It took me a while to get the meds together without my doctor knowing, but they worked for me.
I feel so relieved to be out the other side now, on this medication still, but the long planning paid off in the end because I've the meds I need.
I think the medication is key to quitting, if you can get on top of the headfuck then you can get to the finish.
I also take prozac and vape weed, it all helps
I'm rooting for you, message me if you like, I'm feeling like I might get more reliable now to help

Nah he was a full blown heroin addict man but I loved the dudes acting. And think he was probably a good dude. Just suffering…I always wonder how alone he must have felt in his darkest hour…
No, I mean when he went to rehab in his early 20's, I thought I read it was for mainly alcoholism. I thought he became a latter in life junkie. He stayed sober for a long time and then....

Last edited:
That is quite a claim. Care to back it up?

7 years without opioids here and now I don't even crave or think about them. I vape weed and drink oolong tea. I rewired my brain.
Yeah, didn't writer William S Burroughs give up junk and lived to be 80 something?

I think what people who are disagreeing with you are trying to say is that you don't *have* to be on permanent maintenance drugs to avoid a complete relapse leading to death. Plenty of people have quit for good without them or merely had small missteps back into the pool. Lots of people want to quit using a drug due to dependency alone not imminent risk of death or financial ruin.

You may be rught about that. I only know abiut his recent years.
Well I did some research about Philip Seymour Hoffman and found out that in his 20's he had become an alcoholic, but had 'experimented' with heroin. This was according to his long time girlfriend and who was also the mother of the late actors 3 children.
She said after 2 decades of sobriety he began drinking a little, and then got a hold of a bottle of perscription opiods.
He had, had a successful run in a Broadway play, and after that began using heroin and as many of us know he died from an overdose.
He had gone to AA after successfully getting sober after 1 or more stays at rehab.
So, it seems that alcoholism led him to the path of drug use and his eventual death.
So it appears that his main problem was with alcohol but he had messed with heroin some before getting sober and going on to a very successful acting career. He fell off the wagon, got some pain killers and then while he had some free time began using heroin and from the amount found in his apartment, it appears he had become a full blown drug addict before his death.
It would appear that, despite what all those school scare films say, that alcohol is the real gateway drug in his case and so many others.