• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Pills to take for painless death

I don't think the right thing to do is delete this thread. I suffer from maniac depression and constantly struggle with thoughts of suicide, even attempting it a few times. I hope for the OP's sake that this thread is not deleted and that he/she can find some solace within this forum. I don't think at this point the public opinion matters, as someone's life is truly at stake. This person I believe needs to understand that they are loved no matter who they are, even if they feel tremendously alone.

Basically, there is no 'harm reduction' angle that can be applied to any response to the OP. 'Praying to god' is not a viable option either.

I agree that the thread and the shocking first hand personal experience posts should stay. The horrific nature of those events and the regret uttered when it was too late to undo the act hit home with shocking force. That is true HR in action imo.

This thread may not only hopefully help the OP, but also other people out there who may also be at such a low point but are not publically posting could also potentially be helped. It's not as if the thread has been packed with advice and encouragement on how to kill yourself quickly and painlessly like it might have been on other websites of a far sicker nature.

Basically, there is no 'harm reduction' angle that can be applied to any response to the OP. 'Praying to god' is not a viable option either.

I disagree. Don't you think that Shambles' and others posts may have reduced the chances of the OP or anyone else reading going through with it?

I disagree. Don't you think that Shambles' and others posts may have reduced the chances of the OP or anyone else reading going through with it?

Ah, I don't think I explained myself properly. What I meant was that if anyone answered the OPs question directly, then it could not be excused as 'Harm reduction'. Therefore, no-one is going to be prepared to give that information (even though some of us might know the answer).

I agree that the thread and the shocking first hand personal experience posts should stay. The horrific nature of those events and the regret uttered when it was too late to undo the act hit home with shocking force. That is true HR in action imo.

This thread may not only hopefully help the OP, but also other people out there who may also be at such a low point but are not publically posting could also potentially be helped. It's not as if the thread has been packed with advice and encouragement on how to kill yourself quickly and painlessly like it might have been on other websites of a far sicker nature.

Mods removed posts

Evey

Guffaw :D

Complaining that "this thread will make us look terrible to outsiders" is pretty fucking low, if I may say so. If you'd put yourself in the threadstarter's shoes then what would seem more helpful? Having your thread deleted and it vanishing without a trace? Or seeing multiple people complain about you ruining the mood and making them look bad? Or would it be more helpful reading Shambles' (stern) posts and perhaps even taking some of his advice to heart? How much would you care about the impression that such a thread makes on "outsiders" when you're actively suicidal?
Look man I suffer from severe mental illness just like the op and the thought of suicide is constantly with me 24hrs a day so I think I understand where op is coming from, but something I would never do is put my decision to off myself on someone else's conscience which is kinda what op is doing by asking such a ridiculous question.

This community is very important to me and I would hate to see it closed down because we become known as a place that enables suicidal people with the knowledge to perform such an act. U think that can't happen? We have rules against sourcing I believe so we are not known as a place for people to come to score as well as the legal implications. Now imagine the implications if someone gave the op the means and/ or motivation to kill himself? Everyone isn't nice and everyone doesn't want to help like we do so what then when bluelight is facing a wrongful death lawsuit? Belittling our opinions isn't going to get u anywhere bro. U catch more flies with honey. We are not "low", we have opinions and we are entitled to them as are u and yours

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary situation.

Exactly, just wait 24hrs and see how you feel like. It's not only you that it is permanent decision for.
I don't know what is making you feel like this, I know it's a cliche but talk to someone about it, I found it easier to talk to strangers (helplines, GP's I didn't know that well some of my friends.)
I still get into very dark moods from time to time but just waiting 24hrs and talking. Once you have talked to someone about how you feel it gets easier to talk about it again. One of the best thing I find is to listen to music that makes you feel happy.

Although not anywhere near the same i get bouts of low moods and i find that something as 'trivial' as watching or reading powerful stories of endurance and survival always lifts my mood and makes me feel mentally stronger at least for a while; I have watched 'The Pianist' about 5 times for that reason and it always helps, Papillion is also a good one. Im sure that there are countless others.

I can only give my experience after ODing on paracetamol to try end my life. It's agonising n that's only an hour or so later. You feel like your insides are going to be ripped out. You puke like ell which is agonising, feel weak get put on a drip of some long name beginning with A n potassium. And end up on drip for four days because my blod clotting n liver was abnormal.

The paramedics were lovely with me but it's not a nice experience when you've two drips on day on n having to ask nurses to take you toilet as you have to carry drip with you. When they took me in all i kept saying was "please don't let me go back I don't want to go back" meaning back to all the mental torture that's been inside me for years.

DONT TAKE PARACETOMAL IT'S FUCKING HORRENDOUS. Ask Raas hpw I sounded on phone if it's scares someone else from doing so.

Also think of the ones you leave behind. It wasn't nice knowing I'd upset my Dad who was supportive of me.

Suicide won't help (even though part of me welcomed the safety n peace of being in hospital).

Evey

Look man I suffer from severe mental illness just like the op and the thought of suicide is constantly with me 24hrs a day so I think I understand where op is coming from, but something I would never do is put my decision to off myself on someone else's conscience which is kinda what op is doing by asking such a ridiculous question.

This community is very important to me and I would hate to see it closed down because we become known as a place that enables suicidal people with the knowledge to perform such an act. U think that can't happen? We have rules against sourcing I believe so we are not known as a place for people to come to score as well as the legal implications. Now imagine the implications if someone gave the op the means and/ or motivation to kill himself? Everyone isn't nice and everyone doesn't want to help like we do so what then when bluelight is facing a wrongful death lawsuit? Belittling our opinions isn't going to get u anywhere bro. U catch more flies with honey. We are not "low", we have opinions and we are entitled to them as are u and yours

I did say "low", but did you see me complaining that your post should be removed because it makes the forum look bad?

Kinda hypocritical to say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion while also saying that this thread should go away. Isn't the OP entitled to an opinion as well then?

Of course you have a valid concern, but I don't see anyone enabling a suicidal act here in any way (I agree that that would be very problematic).

I did say "low", but did you see me complaining that your post should be removed because it makes the forum look bad?

Kinda hypocritical to say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion while also saying that this thread should go away. Isn't the OP entitled to an opinion as well then?

Of course you have a valid concern, but I don't see anyone enabling a suicidal act here in any way (I agree that that would be very problematic).
All it takes is 1 "off color" poster to cause a major problem. U seem to agree with this and this is the point of my post. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't. U can go to almost any thread and see people being cruel or making jokes so IMO bluelight needs to be careful when it comes to something as serious as someone ending thier life and coming to bluelight for the information to make this happen.
The op didn't voice any opinion so what are u on about?
Your post makes no sense in relation to my post.
Arguement won, have a nice day.

The OPs first (and by the way last) post... "what pills can I take to painlessly die in my sleep" just opens up a can of worms that non of us here are qualified to deal with. Regardless of whether anyone tries to dissuade him or stupidly tells him to take xyz is either way an avenue that it is dangerous to go down.

Can I also just point out that the OP logged on at 21:38 posted his original thread question and immediately logged off and hasn't been back since so any arguement that by the keeping the thread going is helping him seems somewhat moot.

Yes, really. You are jumping to conclusions when you assume that the OP is "severely mentally ill just like you".

Your main issue with this thread, aside from that it apparently makes us look terrible, seems to be the risk of lawsuits against BL and the forum being shutdown on the grounds of, well, "because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't" -- so, on the grounds of things that haven't happened yet, ever the great reason for preventative censoring..

Yes, really. You are jumping to conclusions when you assume that the OP is "severely mentally ill just like you".

Your main issue with this thread, aside from that it apparently makes us look terrible, seems to be the risk of lawsuits against BL and the forum being shutdown on the grounds of, well, "because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't" -- so, on the grounds of things that haven't happened yet, ever the great reason for preventative censoring..
if u wanna kill urself then IMO u suffer from some kinda serious mental illness.
Bluelight censors things much less serious. Dude I really don't want to argue man, that's not what I come here for. You want the last word then u got it. Just post after me and I won't respond. It's pointless going back and forth. I said what I had to say and u said what u had to say now let's be adults and move on.

if u wanna kill urself then IMO u suffer from some kinda serious mental illness.

That IS an interesting point (debatable in the context of, say, euthanasia in pain patients, or with "mentally healty" persons who act out when they feel crushed as their life takes an unexpected turn)

Can't believe a thread with the title "pills to take for a painless death" has been allowed to continue this long considering some of the stuff that gets deleted.

Maybe it's just me but on a harm reduction site it looks faintly ridiculous.

Absolute rubbish.

Other people (not mentioning names as wouldn't be fair) have posted similar threads in the past and when it's all blown over, they've been so thankful for the words of support. When you're at your lowest ebb, something as simple as a few supportive comments can literally make the difference between life and death.

Absolute rubbish.

Other people (not mentioning names as wouldn't be fair) have posted similar threads in the past and when it's all blown over, they've been so thankful for the words of support. When you're at your lowest ebb, something as simple as a few supportive comments can literally make the difference between life and death.

I can only speak for myself n when you're in that mindset you just do it because it's actually a relief knowing that the pain will soon be over. You kind of talk yourself into it, cut yourself from anyone who you think will stop. I was on Facebook pm with someone trying to talk me out of it but at that moment nothing could.

I actually used to be very judgemental to people who tried suicide until I started having those thoughts which werevon n off for years before I actually attempted it.

There's actually only so much people online can do when someone has made that decision unless you are able to contact them / get someone to force them to AnE.

That's my persion opinion based on experience it may not necessarily be right in this instance. Humans are complex n situations are complex n no one can really know what's going on in someone's head.

Evey