• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Pills to take for painless death

The off-colour and piss-taking posts, which made light of the situation were just as bad as the bickering in this thread. I don't think this thread should be deleted, because the OP can see how much people advise against suicide. Ignoring the dicks, the main message that comes across is 'suicide probably isn't the best way out'. That has to be classed as harm reduction.

This is bluelight, if someone wants to know which pills will help them expire peacefully, that sort of info is exactly the kind of information we should furnish... Its not our job to decide if someone has the right to die without pain.... its not our job to withhold knowledge which may provide a kindness in the face of a tradgedy and uncertainty....

in my opinion the OP has the right to an answer.... harm reduction , as in how can I reduce the harm of a suicide hatched from an ignorant or naiive mind. What if they messed it up and ended up being horribly retarded and crippled and even more miserable because some uppidity moderator takes their censorship duties so serious

I will answer the OP's question because I think it's legitimate and this topic shouldn't be taboo. When I was really sick this past spring and I had no options, I researched suicide methods extensively. I gave myself a cut off date for when I should be better by, and if things weren't better I would be offing myself. I was in absolute horrible pain that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. No one should have to suffer, if they've exhausted all options and the problem is long-term. It's a person's sovereign right to end it.

Killing yourself with pills is a poor choice. The success rate is very low (less than 20 percent), despite what popular media would have us believe. What ends up happening is that the person survives but has severe damage to various organs, usually the liver, which ends up entailing a much slower and painful death down the road. The brain is usually in tact, unless you use RX anti-depressants, in which case you'll survive but with brain damage. To me the most horrible suicide methods are the ones that you are more likely to survive, but with incapacitating disabilities that prevent you from making another attempt.

I've known several people who attempted suicide with pills, one of them was an opiate user. Their description of the experience sounded horrible. You don't just go to sleep and die, you are aware of what's happening on some level and you struggle. The ones who survived said it felt like their entire body was oppressed and it was like a hallucination from hell. Thinking about the various psychedelic trips I've been on, I wouldn't want to experience a stereoscopic death of any kind, especially if the dose isn't high enough and you linger for a long time. Ugh.

The only drug that is guaranteed to kill you peacefully is pentobarbitol, which is what they use for human euthanasia. You need a doctor's RX to get it, and to get an RX you need to be terminally ill. Though, if I recall correctly, there was a high profile media case recently where a person with horrible depression got the OK to be euthanized. Was it in the UK? *can't remember*

My spiritual beliefs prevent me from committing suicide unless there is clearly, absolutely no way to continue on my soul's path in this life. In general, suicide leads to lingering spirits who can't cross over. From all the spiritual work I've done over the years, it's an unfortunate reality that when people die unresolved, they take their shit with them. You don't just go to the light and it's all happy happy. You just become a messed up spirit with all the same problems as when you were alive, except you have no means to fix it.

as someone who has effectively died of an accidental OD (20 mins cpr//naloxone saved me), i could actually give the perfect coctail as i didnt feel a thing. i'm sure a lot of people here could.

and fuck am glad they got me going again. i still wanted to die during the cold turkey 80ml meth rattle tho.

8 months later and im ecstatic to still be here.

i think the OP might just be flaming or whatever, but if not, as Wenlock said its a permanent solution to a temp problem. i had the best day ever yesterday. shit can change, but its cant if you top yourself.

you only get one, mate :)

get some help. no shame in it.

It isn't as easy dying on pills as you think - most of the time people just vomit it back up. You need to make certain otherwise you'll just end up a cabbage or in a wheelchair and a thousand times worse off than you were before you tried. Try and think about carrying on for the time being - things always look different in hindsight. Give it a few months.

When I almost died, it was just blackness. Just nothing. Pure oblivion. For whatever reason my body persisted, and I awoke. Nearly dead.

Suicide is a temporary solution to a permanent problem..

Carbon monoxide poisoning would be a fairly pleasant way to go. Either that, or a heroin overdose, in combination with booze and benzos. Alternatively, a bottle of vodka, and then as much GBL as you can stomach will have you unconscious within minutes. If you survive, just try again. There's no risk of brain damage from a G-induced coma, and whoever finds your body, if you do succeed, isn't going to be mentally scarred by how you look. Paracetamol is the absolute worst way of killing yourself.

as someone who has effectively died of an accidental OD (20 mins cpr//naloxone saved me), i could actually give the perfect coctail as i didnt feel a thing. i'm sure a lot of people here could.

Same thing happened to me 10 years ago mate. Was between habits, had been dropping clonazepam like sweeties for about fortnight, then decided to bang a 1/4 of a bag on top. All I remember is the most intense body rush then waking up in hospital just as the doctor was removing the syringe from my naloxone shot. My heart had stopped twice in the ambulance, requiring defibrillation. It's very sobering to think that your life was literally in someone else's hands for a while. But yeh, a perfect way to go with no suffering. However, not reliable enough to be certain of success. As Treacle said, the old hose pipe from the car exhaust method would seem to be the easiest and most reliable way to pop yer cork. But for anyone contemplating suicide, DONT DO IT! Although a brush with death can make you appreciate life like never before, its not worth the risk of succeeding...

Last edited:
Although a brush with death can make you appreciate life like never before, its not worth the risk of succeeding...

This scenario is often used for dramatic effect in films, books, and TV series. Either the person with suicidal 'ideation' makes an attempt on their own life, and at the last moment cannot go through with it, or they very nearly die through circumstances not under their own control. In almost every case the person is transformed by the experience, and becomes glad, even grateful to be alive. Obviously im not trying to make light of the OPs situation, but for these fictional accounts to ring so true they probably must be based on real life accounts of similar events.

@Englandz the OP may just have logged off after posting, if he hasnt logged in again since we can but hope that he is still around as an anonoumus lurker.

A greenlighter, with one post, probably shouldn't be taken seriously. They could have at least thanked us for the advice, before acting on it! ;)

A greenlighter, with one post, probably shouldn't be taken seriously. They could have at least thanked us for the advice, before acting on it! ;)

OUTRAGEOUS!!!! :D My advice is £60 a post n I've lost my wages now =D

Seriously I hope it is a troll. I would hate to think of someone in that much pain n at least it's generated some discussion around a serious topic that is important to get out there. Interesting to read people's thoughts n experiences xxxxx

Evey

I think painless death via drugs is a myth. Even the sodium thiapental, pancurium bromide and potassium chloride lethal injection is meant to be a particularly nasty way to go...... Unfortunately the recipients aren't in a position to tell about it.

At the risk of sounding like a prick I've seen too much death. Life is precious....... Hang on to it. Do not go gently into that good night ... Rage, Rage against the dying of the light...... Dylan Thomas.

Very well said and quoted 74.

I never understood why people would end it due to a temporary problem. The only time I've fully been able to understand it is when it's been a very degenerative painful terminal illness. You're going to die anyway, why drag it out with so much pain?

I think painless death via drugs is a myth. Even the sodium thiapental, pancurium bromide and potassium chloride lethal injection is meant to be a particularly nasty way to go...... Unfortunately the recipients aren't in a position to tell about it.

I read that this is the case and wondered if it is just the US justice system being cunts, since it's surely possible to painlessly kill someone using medical means? Couldn't you just anaesthetise them first?

Ofcourse that would be a nasty way to go lol. There's only one type of drug it would be "painless" and another that you "can't remember". I'd imagine if you mixed the two, it would be that painless, that nobody would remember :\ this thread should be removed in my opinion it really isn't adding much to the morbid feel this place often has these days.

I read that this is the case and wondered if it is just the US justice system being cunts, since it's surely possible to painlessly kill someone using medical means? Couldn't you just anaesthetise them first?

They do anaesthetise them first.thats what the sodium thiental does at 500times the medical dose. The problem is that it is very short acting and is diluted through a long tube of saline so it is conjectured that it will have worn off before the nasty drugs go in. The pancurium bromide paralyses the nervous system and stops breathing and the potassium chloride stops the heart but if you inject someone with potassium chloride while conscious they die a terrible death but since they are paralysed can't struggle. The thing is noone will sell the USA sodium sodium thiopental to be used in the death penalty and in isn't produced domestically. Last year they tried to execute someone with midazolam and hydromorphone and it went badly wrong.

Needless to say I'm against the death penalty.