• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Phenibut

Yeah. I kinda suspect my phenibut/GBL thingy would not work for all. Did the trick for me though so... :D

And I agree that phenibut is a bit of a beast. Those w/d really took me by surprise and really were kinda scary 8o

Never imagined I'd have so much trouble so quickly from summat. Especially summat so seemingly meh as phenibut :\

Glad to have shaken that particular monkey though. Good luck with your efforts. I know exactly what you mean about sliding straight from one thing into another :!

I take phenibut for chronic social anxiety 3 days a week at 2 to 3 grams per day, 2grams is about my threshold limit before it starts doing anything for me, and then the days after there is rapid tolerance build up. I've been doing this for a few months now. I take it with 300 to 450mg Armodafinil. 600mg Armodafinil +3-4g Phenibut causes nauesa and vomiting for me.

I was wondering how frequently and how much you have to take before you get addicted, so that I can avoid that happening, can anyone say from self experience?

Last edited:
As I just said in another thread, around the 3 gramme mark seems to be the limit, before you start downregulating GABA-b receptors, at an alarming rate. Stay around the 2 gramme mark, and you're unlikely to end up in too much trouble, if any. One day of stupid dosing (5-10 grammes) will likely leave you in nasty withdrawal, if you've been taking it regularly, at any dosage. Everyone is different, so you just have to see what works for you. Once you go through withdrawals a few times, it happens much more easily, as is true with opiates, benzos, etc. It's like your brain saying 'fuck this shit, I remember the last time'. Just remember, you can only feel so good from phenibut, before you just feel dizzy and sick. It can be recreational, but not like GBL/GHB can...

It was considerably sooner that I was horribly addicted and at considerably lower doses for the most part. However, ymmv is king as ever. Also, I did go flat out (for my bodychemistry anyway) those first few days - doses were in the 1-2g range which got me plenty fukked but I was redosing 3-4 times daily and not sleeping. It was when I slept "properly" the third night/fourth day that it hit me I was in deep shit. I know I could've nipped it in the bud at that stage with hindsight but honestly didn't feel that way at the time.

My daily doses wobbled up and down over the next few months but never more than 2.5g per dose (usually quite a bit less), usually two (occasionally three) doses per day. Down to ~650mg once every 72h at the point I was closest to being able to taper it down but even then the w/d effects were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too intense for me when it hit the 72h mark and I just couldn't take it so had to cave. Just couldn't wrap my head around the stuff at all and have no intention of working it out now. Stuff just ain't good enough to be worth the risk for me to use "medicinally" again. Recreationally yes - it ain't bad, just ain't great - but medicinally not. Not unless I knew I could stick to lowish doses maybe once or twice a week at most anyway.

But yeah. ymmv is the answer really. Seems to be especially variable stuff in many ways going by the thread. I seemed to be unusually sensitive to it suspect I got hit unusually hard with w/d early on. All the same, there's good reason there are plenty horror stories and precious few positive ones around da webz as far as I can see :|

Oh, that's another thing, I meant total daily use. Meaning one dose, per day. Multiple doses will definitely leave you in shit, very quickly. The stuff lasts so long (initially, at least), that one dose a day is absolutely enough. You get the bit of wobbly euphoria, then you sleep. Multiple doses will hammer your receptors, because you're taking loads, and having no time to even start to recover from each one. My rule is one dose, on waking, then no more. I've been through proper withdrawals, as you know, and no amount of tapering worked for me. It was 4-5 days of hell, where I was completely unable to sleep, towards the end. Once that first sleep comes, though, it's a very comforting feeling. I hate not being able to sleep, if it's not a stimulant keeping me awake. It feels wrong.

I don't think I've had withdrawal from it so far, and I've been addicted to benzos twice in the past. I guess I should be ok at 2grams a day for 2 or 3 days a week then and no more. I remember the very first time I took it, I took 1.5g and then I had mania for about 12 hours, which was fun, but since then it's never been close to that good.

I really didn't have any concept of quite how nasty this stuff can be. Addiction hits hard and fast. Cheap and easy to get.

Very bad. Looking here at the bottom of my jar of 125 grammes that I ate through incredibly quickly. Never would have happened if I had proper drugs.

Must get better drugs!

I must say that, after some prolonged time of not taking it, today i'm really enjoying 2,5gs. Seems like 2,5gs of Phenibut, mixed with ~0,8gs of Sodium bicarbonate, seems to be my personal sweet spot.

Come-up was nice, smooth and, i think because of the Sodium bicarbonate, really fast! Added one Beer just at the Minute (New Year's Eve, here i come!) and i feel simply phantastic and euphoric as hell.

Btw, i'm not taking Phenibut on a regular Basis, so there are at least 2 weeks in between consumption, mostly even much more than that. On a sidenote i should add that i, stupid me, had some withdrawals as i first stumbled into Phenibut, so i know now how to handle it without risking Trouble ;)

It´s been about a month since I last touched Phenibut so I´m taking 2.5-3 grams this weekend, which seems to be the sweetspot for me. The first time I took 3 grams I had a smile on my face which I couldn't take off :D

I ended up flushing most of the last 50g I had - not cos I was overusing it but if I ever were to buy some more I'd be steering well clear of large quantities. I did (re-)discover that I do rather like it used with a lil caution 'n' care. One-off doses were really nice - totally killed all traces of anxiety without getting all giddy and hyper. Am working on willpower and the like at the moment so am kinda hoping I can make more judicious use of this stuff if at all cos it really could come in handy for me in certain situations. Almost a bit like I'd use me benzo script for only without the drowsiness and instead a lil spring in the step. Just no more than once in a while... which I will get the hang of. Oh yes I will. But also won't be tempting fate by letting a bargain price win out over an overly optimistic strength of will.

I've been using this stuff on its own for a while now and it is lovely stuff. Tonight I thought I'd try a combo, I had 3g of phenibut and then 4 hours later injected .2 of decent heroin mixed with .2 of very good coke.

All I can say is wow, it complimented the speedball incredibly well. The rush was a little muted but the proceeding buzz was incredible.

Worth a try if that's your thing.

On the general topic of phenibut combos, I'd generally recommend against combining with ketamine (or any other dissociatives I've combo'd with) on the grounds of massive potentiation. Which could be fun but mostly results in lots of falling over, rolling around the floor drooling, gibbering and wailing, and general messiness. Which could also be great fun but there's also a near-complete memory blackout so kinda pointless. The dosages could perhaps be titrated very carefully but I never got that far and mostly just got bruises and confuzzlement (of the not especially enjoyable kind).

Don't know if it has been already mentioned here, but when mixed with Sodium bicarbonate and a sufficient amount of water (for example: ~100mg Sodium bicarbonate, ~250mg Phenibut and ~10ml Hot Water), you can turn your Phenibut HcL into Phenibut freebase, which can be used for rectal administration.

That's interesting cos a certain somebody mentioned trying to plug phenibut with very poor results. I didn't realise it wasn't freely absorbed that way (never tried it myself) but would explain a lot cos it did seem like an awful lot of phenibut to put up there for an awful lack of result. Is there any difference in potency with the freebase or is it simply a matter of absorption? Like for example, would you use the same dose as you would orally? Or what if you took the freebase form orally?

I get effects using this method and ROA from just 250mgs, whereas i need at least about 2,0 - 2,5gs to get any effects, so yes, the Bioavailability is higher and the onset way faster.

I honestly found it not very pleasing plugging the HcL. I mean that stuff burns a lot, hence making it nearly impossible to use this ROA often neither me being brave enough to try it more than once, simply because of the reasonable fear of annihilating the inside of my rectum. After doing the conversion (you can use a pH-strip or simple do a test having a try how it tastes, i.e. if it's still too bitter) it's possible to plug and i think you'd be very satisfied of the outcome.

Yikes. Glad I asked about differing potency and/or BA cos that's quite the difference 8o

I seem to be especially sensitive to the stuff as it is (less than a gramme orally is plenty for me with no tolerance) but is interesting to know about the conversion all the same.

I'd be happy if less than a gram would be 'sufficient' for me. May i ask how's your tolerance to alcohol?

Mine is, even though i don't drink regularly, trough the roof, which means that i can drink up to the point where i just pass out. It's strange because i get a buzz off a single beer, but am capable of drinking like a Viking =D

I assume that this could have something to do with how much Phenibut one can tolerate...

My tolerance to booze is insanely high. Benzo tolerance is currently very low as I hardly ever use 'em these days, used to be very high though. GHB/GBL tolerance remains steady, tending to drop over time oddly enough, but very rarely use either at the moment. I just seem to be incredibly sensitive to phenibut.