European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Phenibut

Treacle

Bluelighter
Has anyone had any experience with this stuff? I'm looking for an alternative to benzos, as they are a bit of a pain to get, and I'd prefer something not quite as addictive. Any information about withdrawals from Phenibut (if they even exist) would be a good help.

I found phenibut to be a bit dissapointing, but then i think i was expecting something stronger and more 'drug like' that what i got.

Phenibut seemed like very mild GBL to me. As in you got a similar (but much milder) sense or relaxationa and sociability without feeling as fucked.

However, because i was expecting more than this mild effect i tried larger doses, but these just made me feel nauseus and ill.

Phenibut can be addictive, especially if you take it every day.

I can't tell you much more than that i'm afraid.

Edit - except to say don't necessarily let my experience put you off. If you are looking for a very mild benzo alternative that wont fuck you up then it is possible you'll find phenibut more agreeable than i did, and it's not exactly expensive stuff.

Last edited:
My experiences with phenibut are pretty much exactly like MrM said. It comes on really slowly so you don't get much of a "hit" of any kind from it, but you'll probably have a fairly chilled out day.

I don't want a 'hit'. I just want a benzo alternative. Sounds like the best legal alternative.

In what way could you use it? For anxiety? Sleep? Curing hangovers?

Anxiety and sleep.

Dunno bout hangovers.. that's natures way of saying NARGH TOXICITY. Although a GABAergic substance may lessen the headache and just make it more bearable.

Its just with it being likened to Benzos which are the best hangover cure known to man in my eyes.

TheSpade said:
In what way could you use it? For anxiety? Sleep? Curing hangovers?
All. Also, I agree with your statement about benzos being the best hangover remedy. A hangover doesn't mean that you have any brain damage, either, Sgt. Stadanko. It is simply a GABA rebound, just like GBL/GHB, which is why benzos get you feeling better.

Having a hangover does feel like being poisoned. Today has been horrible.

If you do try it tell me how it is Treacle, be interested.

I'll order some, when I have the money. Benzos are getting hard to stop, and contacts are poor.

I didn't find phenibut similar to benzos, much more like mild GBL. Didn't feel any extra confidence, just sleepier (but not in a nice relaxing way) much later on. Even got the weird muscle tremours like with G.

Phenibut has some posative and very nagative effects and its well worth it as an alternative to Benzo's but please please be careful.

Firstly Phenibut is a potant sleep aid and an excellent anxiolitic.I have used Phenibut for a whole host of things.It realy takes the edge off of comedowns after Cocaine and MDxx.

But because of Phenibut nature on Gaba-B receptors it is addictive and if taken too often WILL cause a withdrawal syndrome.
After being addicted to GBL on and off over the past few years and having no access to Benzo's for the withdrawal i got some Phenibut.Well let me tell you no benzo will come close to what Phenibut did for me during GBL withdrawal,i took two large doses of Pheni during the first 8 hours of withdrawal but all those nastly symptoms never appeared and i even got 9 hours sleep my first night off the G.
This leads me to believe that Phenibut effects Dopamine in a simular way to GBL.
Anyway i carried on with the Phenibut for a week or two after my latest G withdrawal not expecting a withdrawal from the Pheni.I stopped and for the first nigh i was ok the withdrawal seems to take about 24-36 hours to appear and it was much the same as GBL WD's only much longer and drawn out and the anxieity was much more severe and i was unable to sleep for over a week.

Anyway just a warning if your gonna use Phenibut then try to keep doses as low as possible,1.5-2 grams seems to be the ideal dose.And try not to use more than 2-3 times a week tolerance can build pretty fast.Even three times might be pushing it.Also space the doses out by a few days becuse using everyday will lead you into addiction.If your someone who has ever been addicted to GBL then its probably not for you.

All in all Phenibut is a longer acting as less euphoric version of GBL but when used occasionally can be a very useful substance.

Last edited:
The Shaker said:
This leads me to believe that Phenibut effects Dopamine in a simular way to GBL.

My experience of both GBL and Phenibut would also lead me to guess this. I would be extremely carefuly (as in not do it) about mixing phenibut with gbl or alcohol or any combination of all 3.

Also in terms of dose, i found 1.5 to 2 grams to be a slight overdose, but then i don't take much gbl either.

I was under the impression that hangovers were caused due to the elevated presence of Acetyldehyde in the blood stream.

You can take can n-acetyl-cysteine, from H&B, for that. It never worked for me, though.

Acetyldehyde is the intermediate metabolite between Alcohol and acetic acid, there is no avoiding it, I believe some of it gets around your body due to something called entero hepatic circulation. As far as hangovers are concerned I just stick to spirits as they seem to not give me one and mix them with something like orange juice, get to bed earlier and drink plenty of water. If you do get one take Vit C, Milk Thistle and ginseng. A herbal tea would probably ease the headache.

I shall be getting my phenibut later today, or tomorrow morning. It is waiting at the sorting office, with a fucking customs charge. The amount of reports that it feels pretty much like GHB/GBL, but longer lasting are quite amazing. I just hope it's less addictive. Await a report.