• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut Megathread

I've found that even having a moderate alcohol habit makes phenibut next to useless. None of the euphoric effects anymore only sedation.

Acutally I haven't had a sip of alcohol since Oct. of 2015, so it can't be that.

Been using phenibut for the past week. Tried 1 gram on the morning I got it, it was pretty good. I was bumping my head to music by lunch time, laughing hysterically at the way my kitten seems to roll his R's when he says "mrow" (very Spanish, very suave) and generally had this warm glow about me into the evening.

I've had the same dose each morning for one week and the effects seem more subtle now but still noticable. It seems to have quite a wakeful, wide-eyed kind of feel to it. I'm not sure if I am getting a paradoxical effect or if that is just the nature of this stuff.

I take benzos daily (usually 5-10 milligrams diazepam or something similar), I've missed a few days through the week though and didn't even notice. Will now take a break from the phenibut for a while, probably save it for nights out as I don't really enjoy drinking much any more. Seems like an okay substitute.

Did anyone here get anhedonia after withdrawing or quitting phenibut? If so how long did it last.

I think that's to be expected, especially after long-term, regular use. Personally, my anxiety was so hellish when quitting phenibut that would have been the least of my worries.

Phenibut, for me, induced severe depression as time went on, so I had no pleasure in doing anything even before quitting it. Next to no anxiety, but finding enjoyment in my daily life was quite literally impossible.

I have an endoscopy scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. They haven't told me exactly what they are going to give for an anaesthetic. I'd really like to take my phenibut tonight in order to get some sleep but amy a but unsure of the possible interactions. Help?

I have an endoscopy scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. They haven't told me exactly what they are going to give for an anaesthetic. I'd really like to take my phenibut tonight in order to get some sleep but amy a but unsure of the possible interactions. Help?

Are you currently addicted to phenibut? Meaning: do you need to take it every day in order to avoid physical withdrawal symptoms or do you just take it occasionally?

How much phenibut would you take tonight and how many hours will pass between when you'll dose and when you will be given the anaesthetic?

Endoscopy is usually without anaesthesia or with something like midazolam so there might be a interaction, i.e. increased CNS depression
If you don't have to take it imo just don't and if you're addicted and have to take some to prevent withdrawal take the least amount possible

I drank 6 hours after 1.2 g phenibut yesterday....it was some really good bliss I was very impressed body euphoria like a mud

Aaah, 1-3 beers on 0.5-1g Phenibut. Quite a nice high. Everything above that was hangover territory, though. :sus:

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me, possibly give a similar experience or answer to my question. I just ordered 25 grams of Phenibut from a reputable source after much research... I have a lot of experiences with other GABAergics: I am prescribed a pretty heavy dose of Gabapentin (Neurontin): 800 mg tablets 3x a day, as well as 10 mg Valium 2x a day. Also, having narcolepsy, I was prescribed (for maybe a year) (Na)GHB up to 8 grams a night (split in two 4 gram doses). Although I ONLY take the Gabapentin and Valium PRN, i end up having to take them every other day or so, to prevent any withdrawal symptoms. So that's just a little background on my GABAergic uses, and possibly tolerance. Back to the Phenibut, I received my 25 gram container in the mail today. I immediately took 1 gram on a completely empty stomach, carefully measured out with a digital scale (that weighs down to the tenth of a gram). From all the experience reports I read, I knew not to expect any noticeable effects for up to 4 hours or so. I took it about noon, and when 6:00 pm rolled around, I noticed there was NOTHING to be felt.... Not even a little bit. So I went and weighed out another 1.5 grams and took it (still on empty stomach-I refrained from eating until I was going to feel something, which was easily done since I take Adderall daily), and waited for any results... After about 2 hours I began to feel something that I haven't felt in a long time... Unfortunately it wasn't anything positive, but I got horrible cramps all throughout my legs. It was really bad cramping, and a very familiar feeling (although I hadn't felt it in some time). I recognized this cramping in my legs as the SAME EXACT horrible leg cramps I got from the GHB when I would fight the GHB-induced sleep, in order to ENJOY the ABSOLUTE MAGNIFICENT effects I would feel from taking it. I acknowledged that Phenibut is "supposedly" more similar to GHB being that both are mainly GABA-B agonist. So, although in pain, I didn't freak out or anything, instead I knew for sure, at least, that I hadn't received bunk supply. Well, now it is 9:30 pm, and despite the cramps in my legs not subsiding, I STILL feel no more relaxed or any kind of head-change to speak of at all... The only conclusion I can come up with is that my tolerance to Benzodiazepines, and Gabapentin, is preventing me from having any kind of feeling from the Phenibut. I have been taking Gabapentin and Benzo's (one kind or another) for many years, and cannot get really any recreational effects off even Xanax. What is confusing me though, is that when I would take the GHB (and stay up) I would feel like i was on MDMA, but even MUCH better! And I heard Phenibut was close to, or at least similar to GHB (being that people would substitute it, selling on the street under "GHB" and getting away with it). Can anyone explain why I not only have felt no effects from Phenibut, but don't even seem to get a therapeutic effect either? I do see that people have taken much higher doses (for recreational purposes), but if I have leg cramps like this with only taking 2.5 grams throughout the day, I don't see how I could go much higher in dosage. Also I have seen many reviews saying that "the user" never used more than 2 grams at once EVER, yet still thoroughly enjoyed their experience. With being my first time taking Phenibut, should I not have felt SOMETHING (other than the severe leg cramps)? Been researching and couldn't even find anyone having the leg cramps I experienced (which I only experienced from LARGE doses of pharmaceutical grade GHB). I hope someone has had a similar experience or explanation? Please get back to me!

I forgot to provide my daily prescriptions and supplements:
AM:
*200 mg Zoloft (sertraline)
*200 mg Wellbutrin SR (buproprion)
*20-40 mg Adderall (racemic amphetamine)
*300 mg Phenylpiracetam

Noon:
*100 mg (more)Wellbutrin
*20 mg (more)Adderall

Night:
* 50 mg Trazadone

PRN: (as needed)
*800 mg Gabapentin (Neurontin)
*10 mg Valium (diazepam)

THANKS!

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me, possibly give a similar experience or answer to my question. I just ordered 25 grams of Phenibut from a reputable source after much research... I have a lot of experiences with other GABAergics: I am prescribed a pretty heavy dose of Gabapentin (Neurontin): 800 mg tablets 3x a day, as well as 10 mg Valium 2x a day. Also, having narcolepsy, I was prescribed (for maybe a year) (Na)GHB up to 8 grams a night (split in two 4 gram doses). Although I ONLY take the Gabapentin and Valium PRN, i end up having to take them every other day or so, to prevent any withdrawal symptoms. So that's just a little background on my GABAergic uses, and possibly tolerance.

Back to the Phenibut, I received my 25 gram container in the mail today. I immediately took 1 gram on a completely empty stomach, carefully measured out with a digital scale (that weighs down to the tenth of a gram). From all the experience reports I read, I knew not to expect any noticeable effects for up to 4 hours or so. I took it about noon, and when 6:00 pm rolled around, I noticed there was NOTHING to be felt.... Not even a little bit. So I went and weighed out another 1.5 grams and took it (still on empty stomach-I refrained from eating until I was going to feel something, which was easily done since I take Adderall daily), and waited for any results...
After about 2 hours I began to feel something that I haven't felt in a long time... Unfortunately it wasn't anything positive, but I got horrible cramps all throughout my legs. It was really bad cramping, and a very familiar feeling (although I hadn't felt it in some time). I recognized this cramping in my legs as the SAME EXACT horrible leg cramps I got from the GHB when I would fight the GHB-induced sleep, in order to ENJOY the ABSOLUTE MAGNIFICENT effects I would feel from taking it.
I acknowledged that Phenibut is "supposedly" more similar to GHB being that both are mainly GABA-B agonist. So, although in pain, I didn't freak out or anything, instead I knew for sure, at least, that I hadn't received bunk supply. Well, now it is 9:30 pm, and despite the cramps in my legs not subsiding, I STILL feel no more relaxed or any kind of head-change to speak of at all...

The only conclusion I can come up with is that my tolerance to Benzodiazepines, and Gabapentin, is preventing me from having any kind of feeling from the Phenibut. I have been taking Gabapentin and Benzo's (one kind or another) for many years, and cannot get really any recreational effects off even Xanax. What is confusing me though, is that when I would take the GHB (and stay up) I would feel like i was on MDMA, but even MUCH better! And I heard Phenibut was close to, or at least similar to GHB (being that people would substitute it, selling on the street under "GHB" and getting away with it).
Can anyone explain why I not only have felt no effects from Phenibut, but don't even seem to get a therapeutic effect either? I do see that people have taken much higher doses (for recreational purposes), but if I have leg cramps like this with only taking 2.5 grams throughout the day, I don't see how I could go much higher in dosage. Also I have seen many reviews saying that "the user" never used more than 2 grams at once EVER, yet still thoroughly enjoyed their experience. With being my first time taking Phenibut, should I not have felt SOMETHING (other than the severe leg cramps)? Been researching and couldn't even find anyone having the leg cramps I experienced (which I only experienced from LARGE doses of pharmaceutical grade GHB). I hope someone has had a similar experience or explanation? Please get back to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone help me I'm withdrawing from phenibut and I'm on day four or five and yesterday I actually felt better then today and I wasn't expecting that. How much longer is this going to last ?? I have one more 10mg ambien for tonight but strangely they only knock me out for a few hours at a time.

Can someone help me I'm withdrawing from phenibut and I'm on day four or five and yesterday I actually felt better then today and I wasn't expecting that. How much longer is this going to last ?? I have one more 10mg ambien for tonight but strangely they only knock me out for a few hours at a time.

If you're feeling better physically, then it's only going to get better. That being said, when I kicked phenibut, my anxiety level was extremely high for several weeks, as well as my inability to sleep normally. Benzos, gabapentin and clonidine are all somewhat helpful for phenibut withdrawal, if you can acquire any of them.

Good luck.

This post is meant for people who have used phenibut daily for about a month and are worried about withdrawals.

I’ll introduce myself. I’m Vazkor from the Netherlands. I’m 45 years old and weigh about 75 kilos. I’m healthy.

I did use other drugs in the past but since the beginning of 2016 I only used weed, benzos, GHB and Phenibut. My last use of GHB is about 9 months ago. I have a prescription for benzos and use about 100mg oxazepam a month. I have smoked weed for the last 30 years. The last years this went from daily to weekly. I don’t drink a lot of alcohol: a few beers per week.

I have been physically addicted to GHB and Phenibut a few times in the past. I was never physically depended for more than a few weeks. All of those times I quit cold turkey, which wasn’t fun.

My last ‘experiment’ was taking phenibut daily for 45 days, using 60 grams total.

Two weeks ago I tapered from random doses, multiple times a day, to 1.5 grams once a day. The last two weeks I used 1.5 grams for 6 days, then 1 gram for 4 days, then 0.5 grams for 2 days, then 0.25 grams for 2 days, then 0.125 grams for 2 days, then stopped using.

This scheme was rather painless. Slight headaches from time to time and a feeling a bit wired. No anxiety, depression or loss of libido, what did happen when I went cold turkey.

Everyone is different, but for me at least it worked like this. Maybe for you as well…

Hope this helps someone.

Vazkor

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me, possibly give a similar experience or answer to my question. I just ordered 25 grams of Phenibut from a reputable source after much research... I have a lot of experiences with other GABAergics: I am prescribed a pretty heavy dose of Gabapentin (Neurontin): 800 mg tablets 3x a day, as well as 10 mg Valium 2x a day. Also, having narcolepsy, I was prescribed (for maybe a year) (Na)GHB up to 8 grams a night (split in two 4 gram doses). Although I ONLY take the Gabapentin and Valium PRN, i end up having to take them every other day or so, to prevent any withdrawal symptoms. So that's just a little background on my GABAergic uses, and possibly tolerance.

Back to the Phenibut, I received my 25 gram container in the mail today. I immediately took 1 gram on a completely empty stomach, carefully measured out with a digital scale (that weighs down to the tenth of a gram). From all the experience reports I read, I knew not to expect any noticeable effects for up to 4 hours or so. I took it about noon, and when 6:00 pm rolled around, I noticed there was NOTHING to be felt.... Not even a little bit. So I went and weighed out another 1.5 grams and took it (still on empty stomach-I refrained from eating until I was going to feel something, which was easily done since I take Adderall daily), and waited for any results...
After about 2 hours I began to feel something that I haven't felt in a long time... Unfortunately it wasn't anything positive, but I got horrible cramps all throughout my legs. It was really bad cramping, and a very familiar feeling (although I hadn't felt it in some time). I recognized this cramping in my legs as the SAME EXACT horrible leg cramps I got from the GHB when I would fight the GHB-induced sleep, in order to ENJOY the ABSOLUTE MAGNIFICENT effects I would feel from taking it.
I acknowledged that Phenibut is "supposedly" more similar to GHB being that both are mainly GABA-B agonist. So, although in pain, I didn't freak out or anything, instead I knew for sure, at least, that I hadn't received bunk supply. Well, now it is 9:30 pm, and despite the cramps in my legs not subsiding, I STILL feel no more relaxed or any kind of head-change to speak of at all...

The only conclusion I can come up with is that my tolerance to Benzodiazepines, and Gabapentin, is preventing me from having any kind of feeling from the Phenibut. I have been taking Gabapentin and Benzo's (one kind or another) for many years, and cannot get really any recreational effects off even Xanax. What is confusing me though, is that when I would take the GHB (and stay up) I would feel like i was on MDMA, but even MUCH better! And I heard Phenibut was close to, or at least similar to GHB (being that people would substitute it, selling on the street under "GHB" and getting away with it).
Can anyone explain why I not only have felt no effects from Phenibut, but don't even seem to get a therapeutic effect either? I do see that people have taken much higher doses (for recreational purposes), but if I have leg cramps like this with only taking 2.5 grams throughout the day, I don't see how I could go much higher in dosage. Also I have seen many reviews saying that "the user" never used more than 2 grams at once EVER, yet still thoroughly enjoyed their experience. With being my first time taking Phenibut, should I not have felt SOMETHING (other than the severe leg cramps)? Been researching and couldn't even find anyone having the leg cramps I experienced (which I only experienced from LARGE doses of pharmaceutical grade GHB). I hope someone has had a similar experience or explanation? Please get back to me!
I added paragraphs so it's easier to read

Have been taking phenibut since the start of March. It is definitely useful stuff, though my desire to take it has become less and less because as I've become accustomed to the effects, they have become less noticeable, not that this is necessarily a bad thing. I will say that phenibut for me, has basically served as buprenorphine to my benzo use. I've gone a month taking phenibut, without taking any benzos and experienced only subtle acute withdrawal effects and no noticeable post-withdrawal effects.

Right now, I'm down to just 800mgs phenibut per day and will keep stepping down over the next week or so. I will probably re-visit phenibut in the future. Seems like it would be good for a festival or concert, but I haven't had the chance to try it at such an event in the past couple months.

Last edited:
Yehoshuabruton:

That drug regiment is extreme. I would not be taking anything without consulting a qualified psychiatrist.

I've had some odd aftereffects 1-2 days after using phenibut lately. My dosing regimen is quite strict, I don't dose more that once every 2-3 weeks, and never exceeded 1gr. I've been doing this for about 5 months, give or take. The last two experiences were fine, yet, about 48 hours after dosing, I started to feel terribly depressed, like I've never felt before; realizing the extreme pointlessness of being, of acting, of everything. It was really bleak. All I wanted to do was go to bed and wait until it's over.

This 'depressive episode' lasted for about 12-15 hours, I think. The day after I felt normal and a bit euphoric for being relieved from this horrible state of mind.

About 2 weeks later, I decided to give it another go, at 500 mg instead of the usual 1000. Effects were, as expected as I've tried this dosage before, minimal yet present. 48 hours later I, again, felt a bit down, but much more manageable than previous time.

Anyone can relate to this?

Perhaps this third try will work.

I tske phenibit and Wellbutrin for anxiety and depression. And I do get a little reckless with the phenibut from time to time, Leaving me without for a few days. That's when I use the Gabapentin that my doctor gives me that I'm supposed to take instead of the Phenibut. :-/

I will say from an HR standpoint I know this is not recommended however even when tolerance develops to the phenibut I still get anxiety and depression relief. Much better than I get from Gabapentin.

But even when I use the Gabapentin for withdrawals it gets rid of most of them but not that dreaded phenibut withdrawal insomnia. Let my doctor switch me from Seroquel to olanzipine for sleep purposes, and I'll be damned if I don't sleep like a baby for 8 hours every night with that and they Gabapentin. I posted this in the hopes that it might help somebody going to that nasty insomnia and using Lyrica or Neurontin to try and get rid of the withdrawal symptoms but still not being able to sleep.

I've had some odd aftereffects 1-2 days after using phenibut lately. My dosing regimen is quite strict, I don't dose more that once every 2-3 weeks, and never exceeded 1gr. I've been doing this for about 5 months, give or take. The last two experiences were fine, yet, about 48 hours after dosing, I started to feel terribly depressed, like I've never felt before; realizing the extreme pointlessness of being, of acting, of everything. It was really bleak. All I wanted to do was go to bed and wait until it's over.

This 'depressive episode' lasted for about 12-15 hours, I think. The day after I felt normal and a bit euphoric for being relieved from this horrible state of mind.

About 2 weeks later, I decided to give it another go, at 500 mg instead of the usual 1000. Effects were, as expected as I've tried this dosage before, minimal yet present. 48 hours later I, again, felt a bit down, but much more manageable than previous time.

Anyone can relate to this?

yes I get a similar feeling of "everything is pointless and I dont want to live" when I come off phenibut. This is why I prefer GHB over phenibut.