• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Permanent damage or all in my head?

i was going to say boxed wine but i thought better of it..

^this is

^this

get outside and get some sun, fresh air, and exercise. maybe a few beers while bathurst is on will help ease the anxiety?

No sun today, it's pissing down! I think some cheese and crackers and documentaries might be my buzz today.

yeeeeeeeeeeee straya!!!!!!!! Get a carlton in ya sunshine!

Haha ugggh Carlton, I only drink that stuff when I have to :)

Man stay away from the herb, and all drugs forever I'd say except alcohol is probably ok. It's not a big deal man, if anything you're missing out by taking them it seems. Don't feel like an idiot though - it's really easy to get high, and even easier to forget about a bad comedown that started months ago in the spur of the moment.

Your story is encouraging me to keep at my total abstinence, although I stopped taking hard drugs years ago. I smoked 450 grams of weed this year though, and even at day 20 my life is one extreme panic attack when I'm sober and I feel like I am about to die unless I am drunk or on anti-psychotics. This was simply not the case a year ago, when I was less addicted to weed and not smoking it like a crackhead day and night. I used to be able to live life sober without any problems, and it was so enjoyable. It takes a lot of time to recover from this sort of thing, but we can't keep time from passing. Every day the wall between yourself and that experience will build stronger.

Are you serious, man? You're saying to stop smoking weed forever but to drink alcohol? Alcohol's worse for you, objectively, just saying.

But anyway, that shit's beside the point I guess...

To the OP I'd just say that, since this thread was started months after the eventual-panic-inducing incident in question, clearly you're basically just dealing with lingering mental side-effects, thinking about what you've done, what it means to your life in a holistic sense, etc., etc. If there's any meaningful permanent damage, it'd be with your body - I don't have a ton of experience with MDMA past a few trips I had when I was 19-20 which never got out of hand and never involved acid or alcohol (which by the way, not to put you down at this point, but that WAS pretty fucking stupid to mix these types of drugs, especially all that whiskey...shit was almost bound to get out of hand in a big way), so I don't know just how badly your brain might be fucked up at this point (I really don't - I'm not trying to say you're in a bad place there, I'm just saying), but I'd have to assume it's mostly in your head.

But, hmm, let me just give my two cents...you just started talking again about smoking the herb, but this thread just started out over general anxiety/panic concerns. The thing is, I've gone through dealing with the after effects of dumb amphetamine binges, doing 200 mg in a day when I'd usually just have done 40-60 mg at most, and that shit made me so anxious that I couldn't smoke weed for months afterward and that was only with returning to the gym and getting my body prepared to deal with the effects as far as being concerned over what I was doing...unless you have some heart or other verifiable physiological problem derived from your taking of MDMA, and whatever else you took, a few months ago at a party, I'd have to say it really is likely just in your head.

Weed would have definitely been a good alternative to having done all that MDMA/acid/whiskey a few months ago, but if you get panic from doing it now, it's just not for you. Lol, it doesn't mean that weed is bad, it just means that's where you're at. Just be sober and save your money, bro, it's not a big deal!...and sorry if any of this came across as judgmental, I'm really not aiming for that, I'm just giving my piece. You were the one who put your story out there, just offering an opinion...

Last edited:
I don't have a ton of experience with MDMA past a few trips I had when I was 19-20 which never got out of hand and never involved acid or alcohol (which by the way, not to put you down at this point, but that WAS pretty fucking stupid to mix these types of drugs, especially all that whiskey...shit was almost bound to get out of hand in a big way), so I don't know just how badly your brain might be fucked up at this point (I really don't - I'm not trying to say you're in a bad place there, I'm just saying), but I'd have to assume it's mostly in your head.

That's my main worry. That I have fucked myself over with that combination. I did a minimal dose of both acid and mdma (1/4 tab, less than half a cap), the only thing I really noticed that night were the effects of the alcohol. It was pretty irresponsible of me yeah. I guess I just have to live with it now... FML.

That's my main worry. That I have fucked myself over with that combination. I did a minimal dose of both acid and mdma (1/4 tab, less than half a cap), the only thing I really noticed that night were the effects of the alcohol. It was pretty irresponsible of me yeah. I guess I just have to live with it now... FML.

You really didn't abuse MDMA THAT much IMO, I am sure you will be fine with time! Don't let the anxiety take over and control your life. Like others have said, get out and do stuff, make yourself do it! If you're still feeling like this after a few months I would consider speaking to your doctor about it, not the drug use per se, but about how your anxiety is. I have found that I will have anxiety because I think about having anxiety (this is actually how my agoraphobia developed) so you need to try and take your mind off of it! You're thinking you've done permanent damage is obviously causing you anxiety and I totally understand why. Try to stop researching and worrying about it and if the problem still persists talk to your doctor! You may need meds short term but CBT is what will help best IME. Good luck!

MDMA & LSD doesn't cause a 'permanent effect that you have to live with', its many user's favourite combination, relax its fine to do both together.

Yup kids call it a 'candy flip'. Have personally done it many times with varying degrees of success.

I must say, MDMA must react very differently between individuals.. or the dope you got was adulterated with something bad, because I've rolled 2 days in a row, redosed multiple times a night etc, and only had one comedown that affected my mood and paranoia severly for days... that sucked but only took a few days.

Anyway, to answer your question: Nobodys brain is damaged forever after one time use of MDMA... its not the way it works, you'll be fine, DONT think about brain damage btw! will only make you feel bad, and its just ridiclious. The brain is robust dude, it wont get fucked forever by a little white powder..

Hi bluelighters. I need help. I hade a stupid binge 6 weeks ago with amphetamines and now I am experiencing a long term comedown. My symptoms are:

constant anxiety, derealization and decline in cognition, difficulty to concentrate, brain fog, hard to keep with a conversation etc... The funny thing is that every day at night time I feel like my old self again but when I wake up I feel this extreme anxiety comes back with cold sweats and the derealization sits in.

I am having hope to recover one day because every night I almost feel good again.

Do you think it's brain damage or all anxiety fueled? When i am surrounded with friends at night time I almost feel good but every morning I wake up to this hell again.

Can you help me?

it's fucking amazing, I feel terrible anxiety in the morning to the point where I cannot even talk and then like normal in the evening with no social anxiety at all.

Hi bluelighters. I need help. I hade a stupid binge 6 weeks ago with amphetamines and now I am experiencing a long term comedown. My symptoms are:

constant anxiety, derealization and decline in cognition, difficulty to concentrate, brain fog, hard to keep with a conversation etc... The funny thing is that every day at night time I feel like my old self again but when I wake up I feel this extreme anxiety comes back with cold sweats and the derealization sits in.

I am having hope to recover one day because every night I almost feel good again.

Do you think it's brain damage or all anxiety fueled? When i am surrounded with friends at night time I almost feel good but every morning I wake up to this hell again.

Can you help me?

Hey dude, holy shit how I can relate to this. In the morning cortisol levels are higher which can be part of the reason, and actually it's quite common for anxiety sufferers to have 'that dreaded morning feeling' as Dr Claire Weekes calls it (read her books dude, amazing).

But when I really started to suffer I would wake up so fucked up, it was like I was in a dark dark hole, and I was pretty much trembling in fear. Major depression went hand in hand with this. However I would get better during night time, and was much happier. I would have moments of peace everywhere as wel. It's most likely due to nervous sensitization, as I found this actually went away over time. However it's come back for me recently, but only because I made a few fuck ups (googled all day sunday, got really high sat night and had a psychotic panic attack).

So if anyone can answer the same question that Macenroe asked (in terms of brain damage etc) that would be awesome! Thanks.

Stop getting high lol

Yeah I learned this the hard way obviously haha. Weed has always made me paranoid so I think it's a good sign that I shouldn't smoke it again. Weekend beers and nicotine are my buzz.

Neurotransmitters and carpathian rythym, google it, for the layperson brain chemicals and your sleep cycles. Carpathian rythym plays a part in neurotranmitter production and levels of bioavailable neurotransmitters, hence increased level of anxiety/depression in the morning. If amphetamines (methamphetamine/amphetamine sulfate) used then dopamine is the area (neurotransmitter) damaged if amphetamine (MDMA/MDA etc) used serotonin is the main area damaged = depression/anxiety. Good food, rest, balanced diet, exercise and maybe see a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL if symptoms persist.

On a seperate note: Afterlyfestyle and others got anything actually worthwhile to contribute to these discussions? If so please share, if not please refrain from displaying such judgmental attitude, thank you.

Cortisol is a hormone produced by the adrenal cortex. The adrenals' inner medulla produces epinephrine and norepinephrine. The outer cortex produces cortisol, testosterone etc. "Too much cortisol from any cause leads to Cushing's syndrome; the symptoms and signs of which include redistribution of fat to the face, upper back and abdomen, weight gain, stretch marks, bruising, extra hair growth, irregular periods in women, loss of muscle, trouble sleeping and emotional problems, such as depression." Dr.Ted Friedman, M.D. Ph.D. The Importance of the Adrenal Cortex Hormones Cortisol and Aldosterone, Aug-Oct 03 www.goodhormonehealth.com. Similar side effects have been noted and documented resulting from excessive steroid use even prescribed steroids.

An exert from the same published source re: low levels of cotisol.
" A little more than half the patients with fatigue had low blood levels of both renin and aldosterone. This is called hyporeninemic hypoaldosteronism and is probably due to dysfunction of what is called the autonomic nervous system, which sends messages from the brain to the kidneys. Other aspects of the autonomic nervous system have been found to be deficient in chronic fatigue syndrome. About one-third of the patients studied were found to have low aldosterone and high renin. This indicates a deficiency in the aldosterone production in the adrenals themselves, with a compensatory rise in the renin coming from the kidney. The aldosterone defect can either be an isolated problem, or part of Addison's disease (often early Addison's disease), in which both cortisol and aldosterone production are diminished. The remaining patients (about one-sixth) had both high renin and high aldosterone. This is likely to be a compensatory rise in both of these hormones as a reaction to a low blood volume, most likely due to an inability of the kidney to retain salt." Dr.Ted Friedman, M.D. Ph.D. The Importance of the Adrenal Cortex Hormones Cortisol and Aldosterone, Aug-Oct 03 www.goodhormonehealth.com.

The impact amphetamines have on this system is an area of clinical research, both as a means of treatment and as possible causative factor in the development of these and other hormonal disorders. Please do your own research you will be greatly rewarded for answering your own questions yourself. :)

Last edited:
Mate what are you talking about.. my post on page 2?

This OP and I spoke in depth on another thread he made around the same time as this. We spoke in depth through private messages and on his other thread. OP can confirm that. My comment just above yours was this threa being dug up again about answers?

OP got many answers. Man I thought we were fine then I see my name being thrown in shit again, seriously, am I harming other humans or something? Am I crucifying baby lambs? I said have a beer and that was a few weeks ago. Jesus Christ please oh merciful god strike me down for I have most clearly fucked over the entire human race.

Your post "...WTF go to bed" just looked like you were giving the guy shit. Get over yourself. I was polite and asked to refrain from judgmental shit which it appeared to be what your post was. Have a look at my post and the relevant data contained. I even was courteous in my statement about refraining from judgmental attitude and invited you to share any relevant data. "Afterlyfestyle and others" as there seemed to be a couple of posts giving sanguineous advice. If you and the OP had an in depth conversation good for you all. I hope a satisfactory conclusion was attained. Thank you.

As for have a beer, dude have a pacifier.

Last edited:
Yeah you're right.

I was an arrogant dick.

I looked at the time it was ridiculously early in the morning after a night out.

Not an excuse that is just what happened.

Apologies to both yourself and Macenroe, deleted the post and I'm honestly hoping you and me can get over 'whatever this is', I have seen some of your posts and they've been filled with good helpful info, like your one up there. Hoping I can learn a lot from you. Peace and have a good night.

Mate pacifiers were all the rage when I was younger especially the candy one's with the big fucking chunk of goodness. I over reacted a little and you were just the first name I saw pmz also looked a little out of order but it was apparently in humor. I have no issues and I'm trying to limit my obnoxious side as well as I know I can be a dick myself and this is a HR focused site. Cheers