View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social Tripping Thread] NEW! Gather here for swirly talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
what formulation do you use? watery stool is typically a consequence of the inactive ingredients... specifically formulations with mannitol are bad for it. unfortunately, robogels have a good amount of mannitol in them, for some reason.... not sure why.

Robogels are the only thing I can barely tolerate. I tried syrup twice, once was the hbr and the other time was dyselum. The dyselum was particularly bad in that all I ended up doing was throwing up plastic and couldn't get anything from it. The generic syrup I tried didn't do anything for some reason as well. I've only ever been able to get anything out of DXM by taking the gels, my issue with those are the inactives and the fact that it takes days to pass them. The last time I took some it was three or four days before they came out the other side.

This is why I moved on to MXE although it doesn't have the same magic. I am hopeful I can find that magic in K whenever I get around to trying it.

I've had a variety of DXM products and I can say that pure powder DXM is certainly easier on the system with a lot less bodyload and digestive issues.

Do you find it to be a similar head space? I've heard stories of people not getting much from powder, I've also heard you have to co-administer it with a bit of alcohol.

If I may change the subject: I've discovered by accident that I can induce sleep paralysis and have an OBE by taking xanax (or another short acting benzo) for several days and discontinuing it. On the next night like clock work I'll have an OBE upon falling asleep. I've tried and tried to relax when reaching this state but I always become dysphoric and fight it. I usually spend many hours falling in and out of OBEs until I finally wake and am unable to go back to sleep without an aide. I typically just end up staying up for an entire day afterwards.

Anyone here have experience with this? I've had these at random since I was 14 but now they're becoming a regular thing and I'd love very much to be able to control them. Basically I fight the sleep paralysis and attempt to move my arms/legs to wake myself up. Instead I go out of body and become blind (I can't see or hear anything) at which point I attempt to leave the bed to scream or go wake up a house mate. I usually make it about half way to their bedroom before I find myself back in bed. I can't really tell a difference between begin in or out of body as I just feel heavy for the entire duration. I've also slid off the end of the bed and fell through the floor only to find myself back in the bed. Last night I went out of body at least 10-15 times and was "fighting with a demon".

My only issue with it aside from shitting liquid is the fact that it makes me stupid/slow for the week or so after a trip. I've been noticing tons of errors in my typing over the last few days that I don't normally make.

the afterglow causes this. the active metabolite is mildly dissociating so the 'stupidity' is probably because of this.

i figured tripping before my first day at a job in an accounting firm on DXM would be great since the afterglow would have me in high spirits and not anxious about it.

then i realized how stupid i was and couldn't find words and have proper conversations with the head of HR. ended up opening up to her about my drug use and she judged me like the rotten cunt she is. s'all good in the hood though, now i just know when to not take DXM.

it truly makes me sound like an idiot afterwards. 'fried'

I've only ever gotten sleep paralysis when I used to abuse AMT... if I took it 3 or more days in a row and then didn't, the next night I would experience sleep paralysis followed by incredibly vivid and sometimes lucid dreams, almost exclusively with apocalyptic content, or feeling like I was stuck in another reality and still being aware of where I felt I should be. The most outrageously intense dream I've ever had was during one of these nights. I always fought the sleep paralysis part, because it instinctively feels terrifying. I never just went with it instead of fighting it but I've always wondered what would have happened.

i've gone through nearly 80 grams of DXM powder since october (jeez that seems like way too much now that i type it out... tho i did share some), and now, despite DXM being one of my favorite drugs, IDK if i will ever go back to using OTC cough medicine. even tho i have nowhere to get more powder when i run out.

i'm almost excited to run out. i've used DXM at least once a month for about a decade now.

Man I would kill for some DXM powder. For the longest time I wondered if such a thing was even available ever...

I can"t find any OTC syrups in my town that don't contain something other then DXM unfortunately. Back in the day when I used to go heavy on the coricidin and syrup I really didn't care about the damage I might be causing to my kidneys or liver, but luckily the older I get the more of a concern that seems to become.

DXM powder used to be a lot easier to get online, on "grey market" sites. for some reason its really hard to find now.

it makes me stupid/slow for the week or so after a trip. I've been noticing tons of errors in my typing over the last few days that I don't normally make.

Yep. That's the only reason I don't take DXM on a regular basis. The hit on mental performance makes me worry about long-term neurotoxicity. Otherwise, I absolutely love DXM.

I always fought the sleep paralysis part, because it instinctively feels terrifying. I never just went with it instead of fighting it but I've always wondered what would have happened.

I've always been prone to sleep paralysis, so I've learned to navigate it somewhat. Paradoxically, if I fight it, it tightens its grip, and sucks me in. If I go with it, I wake up pretty quickly. At first, sleep paralysis was totally terrifying, but I started to enjoy it as another altered state of consciousness. Now, whenever I feel sleep paralysis coming on, I deliberately try to fight it so that it lasts longer, and I get to have more of those awesome hallucinations.

Last edited:
DXM powder used to be a lot easier to get online, on "grey market" sites. for some reason its really hard to find now.

I've been told that vendors don't like to carry it because they can get in just as much trouble for it as other "grey area" stuff but it doesn't have as much return on investment. Although, if it has become that hard to find I'm sure they could hike the price and people would be willing to pay it. I reckon the fact that it is OTC discourages them a bit too, since most would just take the risk of consuming an OTC formulation instead of paying a higher price for pure power.

Yep. That's the only reason I don't take DXM on a regular basis. The hit on mental performance makes me worry about long-term neurotoxicity. Otherwise, I absolutely love DXM.

Yea that's what keeps me away too. I had an awful hangover once from DXM and it felt like my brain was on fire. In retrospect it was probably just dehydration and sleep dept. but it was enough to spook me away for some time.

I've always been prone to sleep paralysis, so I've learned to navigate it somewhat. Paradoxically, if I fight it, it tightens its grip, and sucks me in. If I go with it, I wake up pretty quickly. At first, sleep paralysis was totally terrifying, but I started to enjoy it as another altered state of consciousness. Now, whenever I feel sleep paralysis coming on, I deliberately try to fight it so that it lasts longer, and I get to have more of those awesome hallucinations.

I just can't seem to relax and drift with it. I wish I could, maybe someday I'll learn how.

All the men in my family seem to share this problem. I've always known my Grandfather had it because he would fight people in his sleep. He says he dreams about begin in Korea a lot and he gets riled up enough in his sleep to injury anyone in the bed with him. His wife had to stop sleeping with him about 30 years ago and they still sleep in separate rooms. My father recently told me he goes through this as well, although for him he has "aliens" and "demons" come at night and drag him out of the bed. He self medicates with alcohol to sleep so that just makes it worse.

Mine started after my first major concussion and I always assumed that was the source of my issues because it threw my internal clock way out of wack and I've never recovered from it. Now I think it is mostly genetic and the concussions just brought it out sooner. The doctors won't take it serious and refuse to medicate me so I self medicated for it for years. Well that's not totally true...they did try to run me through everything but benzos for it and nothing agrees with me. Benzos do work but they don't let me enter deep sleep and they ruin my sleep cycles if I don't take them every night so I tried to stop relying on them.

I'm ranting again but another interesting thing; After my first concussion I didn't have a dream for over a decade. In my mid-20s I started dreaming again and now they are very very vivid and often disturbing. I've been trying to learn how to lucid dream for years now just so I can control them a little. I've managed to go lucid a few times but usually I'm so wrapped up in whats going on that I'll forget that I'm sleeping. This is partly why I do like xanax because I can avoid dreaming all together when I take it.

Just wondering if anyone knows if it would be okay to safely mix MXE + deschloroketamine? Nothing crazy with the doses...

Yeah it's fine. Mannnn 2m2b has me drunkkkkk! I know partly it's because I still have some alprazolam in my system but shitttt!

I'm on the most righteous 3-MeO-PCP high right now. Had an amazing text conversation about music and the universe with my best friend, the best trombone player I have ever heard. Hopefully he;s gonna come visit soon.

Today we got a music video of a jam we had all created... we had a phone video and we synched it up with the studio audio recording. It's so cool, I never get to see myself play. I move a lot, it almost looks like I'm having a seizure, but it's a seizure that seizes to the beat.

Eh not everyone can afford to pay a lawyer to go to trial... And using a public defender is scary because who knows if they really want to defend you or not, or if they're in cahoots with their co-worker the prosecutor.
Even if you can, that 5 years they are offering can turn into 20 real quick when (statistically you will) you lose.

I'm not sure if I am really fucked up. Or if the show that was on when I turned tv on was pure fucking genius and hilarious. It's on history channel. Called great minds. Omg!! It's so funny! So somehow they brought back JFK. It was so spot on!
Totally made my intense trip (that was wnding) GREAT!! Never laughed so hard
and the come down which is usually ugh... I didn't notice. It was awesome.
Never thought I would say this.
But good to be back on earth...

And if made no sense. I'm sorry
kinda all over the place right now
whew

Cant wven remember if I wanted to share because of that fucking hilarious show.
or if blueLight was pulled up on phone and opened cuz I was trapped somewhere and couldn't remember how to spell HELP
SO weird

Ha!!! It was fireworks y'all!!
outside!
I was hearing what I thought possible gunshots. And I was like OK I'm tripping probably hearing things
T
whoa I was like wtf is that. Why the fuck are they shooting!!
damn I was confused
somehow my poor mentally psychically emotionally spiritually abused brain tuned in and said its fireworks dumbass!
omg! I was laughing and thankful
wow

The "history" channel meets a lot of criteria for a psychedelic probably, I'm not surprised it made you unsure what to think - it also causes people to 'see things that aren't there'.... at this rate in 10 years the "history" channel will be able to give you HPPD while Adult Swim gives you a comprehensive overview of WWII.

^LAWL

One tab o' acid down the hatch. Can't trip on the 4th, but today will do

Party on PD!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.