View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social Tripping Thread] NEW! Gather here for swirly talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im really glad all the RCs I love (besides 3-meo-pcp) dont pop the test;when I did the test this week there must have been so many MXE metabolites in my urine I would have gotten high if I drank it!

Yeah that's one of the nice things about all these new substances... with a few exceptions, they don't show up on standard drug tests, and even in more advanced ones they have to be specifically tested for, and who's bothering to test for something they probably don't even know exists?

And yeah, I'm SO thankful my opiate addiction days are behind me. I remember so many years of anxiety when traveling away from home... okay, can I bring opiates? Am I bringing enough? Do I need to bring some loperamide as a backup in case I messed up? Ugh... these days I'm not addicted to anything. I do take phenibut every 2-3 days... when I go every 2 days for a while (like right now), if I miss that day I feel a little anxious but it's minor and it passes after a day or 2. Ideally I wouldn't have that going on either but phenibut is such an incredibly useful tool for me for playing music.

^ Amen brother..

Resorting to opioids for mental anguish now seems like more of a terrible idea than when I was slipping away.. for physical discomfort I mostly hope to avoid having to take anything, but chronic pains and aches aren't all that either. I might have ordered some kratom without reordering, like a while back, if it weren't for the fact it's doubly messy on the guts - which is a main source of discomfort for a little while now so I'd make it worse. Also I just received my prescribed dexamphetamine XR in the mail packaged per day like I'm on 'the' pill but with a lot more plastic emballage - I'm supposed to start on tuesday the roll says. (And amps + NRI type drugs yuck!).
So I'm sticking to an APAP every once in a while.

My acid trip was uneventful and mild, and while it hardly helped with anxiety I am already having, it didnt push through for actual mental or spiritual work.. just worrying about my health a lot - just have weird pains in my side / abdomen for too long now so should see a doctor. However after waking up today I still feel fine and reset a bit, so a wonderful surprise.
Gonna use this momentum to go to the gym..

Those pharm tightrope walking problems and that docs can make it too easy and too hard on people, sounds pretty rough.. the numbers are staggering last I heard..

JAG what do you brew? I forget..

Ah, I've brewed a lager and a stout. From the lager batch, only the first bottled seemed to have the right flavor. My stouts came out robust and deeply complex. Was very happy with it!

Very nice! Especially the stout seems very interesting, not sure if I'd like a whole bucket of it some specialty brews are mostly nice to drink every once in a while - awkward if its the only one on hand. I like the idea of brewing specials for basically the price of a normal beer from the store. But if you're poor it's not logical to have to buy normal beer on top of it because your specialty is so unusual.. :D

My brew from a while back was a mixed-style, basically a wheat based beer using a weißbeer recipe (cloudy, fresh with a tang), with interesting hops and added curacao peel - becoming very orange / amber. Very tasty..
But if I can get my hands on affordable apple juice (or pear even) I might prefer a cider next, with some added smoked beechwood. At least I don't have to buy a brewing pot/pan cause I found a large one in my mother's basement.

I love brewing, I can't wait to get out of this tiny apt and into a bigger space so I can get back into it. I've been eyeing these big bags of frozen organic dark cherries at Costco, they are great in smoothies but I want to brew a nice dark cherry stout with them. They are super cheap as far as cherries go.

I used to make a lot of English style brews, heavy on the biscuity malts. Tried to make a couple Extra Special Bitters, never had a legit ESB before but I thought mine came out quite nice.

For now I'm just brewing kombucha so I can satiate my need for symbiotic relationships with microorganisms. I just started a secondary ferment on my current batch of 'bucha, strained it off the mother culture and put it into a glass jug with an airlock with some blueberries and ginger.

I had hands down the most bizarre DMT experience ever this morning/last night/whatever. I had been up all night and started vaping a little around sunrise. I remember taking a big hit and closing my eyes, and when I opened them I could "see" this invisible, blurry jester (I felt like it looked like me, or was impersonating me). It had its hand on my shoulder and I could feel it directly behind me. I kept turning my head trying to see it but he kept moving behind me. It reminded me of the weird energy puddle thing in Donny Darko. I don't normally have much OEVs with DMT. This was -fucking insane-. I jumped out of my chair and spun around and tried to see the entity and it kept fucking with and looking over my shoulder from behind me. I had to jump backwards and walk backwards out of the room to shake this thing off me. I politely asked it to leave me the fuck alone because it was weirding me out and it kind of cackled and left through a wormhole in my closet.

I have never experienced anything even close to this, on anything. This thing totally invaded my space, I must have opened some bizarre portal to another dimension. It was waaaaay too real. I've never experienced any entity contact like that, where I'm walking around with my eyes open and it's in the room with me. What in the literal fuck.

I cant stress enough that it was as if someone literally appeared in my room, directly behind me and looking over my shoulder, basically breathing down my neck from behind. I could see it and tried to reach out to touch it but it kept swirling behind me as I spun around. It was disturbingly real. I'm not sure what to make of it, I wasn't really that high as far as DMT goes. It was way more real than any ghosts I've ever seen, I felt like I was going to have to get into a fight with it but instead I laughed and told it to go away. I wasn't having any other visuals, everything was crystal clear except for this entity that blurred the space around it.

Last edited:
Crazy! It was probably Drop Dead Fred though...known to love fucking with those on psychedelics.

7.5mgs of DOM under the tongue. This will be the first time in a long time I've taken a long come up psychedelic not plugged or IM'd so sitting around might be a bit strange. Probably take the dog for a twilight walk in the woods to kill time though. Also have some 4-AcO-DMT on deck if I feel like bumping things up a notch or ten...

I got a DOx on a blotter as a teen thinking it was L. It was a really unpleasant trip, but it seems like some people really enjoy it. Help?!? or anyone else who likes DOx's, would you take a DOx over LSD if you had the choice? I'm not sure I see the appeal unless L isn't around, my trip had so much body load and residual stimulation.

No way man! LSD has been and most likely will always be my favorite! I'm a fan of multiple flavors. Vanilla is interesting but chocolate swirl is also interesting.

Guys, so I just made my first thread in The Lounge but it is pretty trippy so I think ya can appreciate it. I watched this video: https://youtu.be/F1e4IuhBTwQ
Of the final boss dimension of the new Lego video game, and the boss's name is Lord Vortech. I foubd out about this character last year but only now saw what he is really about and the amount of parallels between Lord Vortech and my alter ago are really quite notable, like the stuff he says and the fact that he is some black magic sorceror flying through dimensional wormholes seeking to be the ultimate gatekeeper of the dimensions and achieve total perfection, Muahaha!

Has anyone played the game or can tell me more about the story and this character?

Yeah that's one of the nice things about all these new substances... with a few exceptions, they don't show up on standard drug tests, and even in more advanced ones they have to be specifically tested for, and who's bothering to test for something they probably don't even know exists?

This is one of the few things I don't get about the US! A country where individual liberty and privacy is (rightly) valued very highly and yet drug tests seem common (or maybe I'm getting this wrong?). In the UK the only time you'll have to take a drug test is if you're doing a job that requires sobriety such as a train driver or working on an oil rig. Drug tests are non-existent outside of this and no company would dare to test employees without a very good reason. I also don't get the whole thing of not being allowed to date co-workers. Having that in a work contract is a gross invasion of privacy IMHO. Perhaps it is intended to prevent "favours" leading to umerited promotions, but you can bet your ass it happens anyway so why penalise the vast majority who would do it out of genuine affection? Of course we tend to follow the US example in the UK eventually (I wish we would follow your example with legalising pot!), but I spend enough of my time working for these damn companies without them controlling my private life as well.

Sorry for the Monday morning rant...

Doesn't prohibiting dating co-workers not help cover the ass of a company when there are irregularities? If it can be led back to co-workers dating they can legally deny responsibility and probably don't have to pay severance and other shit when people have to be fired?

A lot of things like that suck, but yeah understanding why it makes sense from a business point of view may help - they are not there to make your life comfortable if it costs them more than they are willing to afford.

My personal rant is rather about drug policy: why governments like the British and Dutch hire experts to do research, but they ignore or fire them when the results are not opportune. And by and large they are: what is legal and illegal does not match in the slightest with the harm to individuals and to society, it is therefore unjust. I hate that politics are so importantly about staying popular - I mean often politicians have to choose between 'evils', and the public will hate them for it even if they do something that really is in everyone's best interest... (things everyone will complain about but are easily defensible when you really investigate) but to compensate for that they sacrifice other things - they pass laws to make people happy enough, even if in the end it harms a lot of people and criminalizes others pointlessly (things that very few people will complain about but are indefensible when you investigate).

And why do they allow a pharmaceutical company to monopolize dexamphetamine in my country? The normal IR formula is unaffordably pricey because insurance won't cover it because it is so ridiculously priced. Yeah yeah businesses are in it for the money bla bla, but I don't understand why the government won't stand guard to protect sick people from being able to get their medication realistically. It's unconscionable.

I got a DOx on a blotter as a teen thinking it was L. It was a really unpleasant trip, but it seems like some people really enjoy it. Help?!? or anyone else who likes DOx's, would you take a DOx over LSD if you had the choice? I'm not sure I see the appeal unless L isn't around, my trip had so much body load and residual stimulation.

I love DOC. I use LSD and DOC mostly interchangeably (ie, for the same sorts of purposes), but I certainly would sometimes prefer one or the other. The other day I went for an all-day river hike which is a very intense physical/dangerous thing, and I could have taken either but I took DOC because I prefer it for that activity. DOC is the smoothest DOX that's commonly available, if you had one of the others like DOB or DOI it would have had more bodyload. DOC has more bodyload than LSD (which has absolutely none for me) but I like how it feels.

This is one of the few things I don't get about the US! A country where individual liberty and privacy is (rightly) valued very highly and yet drug tests seem common (or maybe I'm getting this wrong?). In the UK the only time you'll have to take a drug test is if you're doing a job that requires sobriety such as a train driver or working on an oil rig. Drug tests are non-existent outside of this and no company would dare to test employees without a very good reason. I also don't get the whole thing of not being allowed to date co-workers. Having that in a work contract is a gross invasion of privacy IMHO. Perhaps it is intended to prevent "favours" leading to umerited promotions, but you can bet your ass it happens anyway so why penalise the vast majority who would do it out of genuine affection? Of course we tend to follow the US example in the UK eventually (I wish we would follow your example with legalising pot!), but I spend enough of my time working for these damn companies without them controlling my private life as well.

I have no idea why we still "rely" so much on drug tests. It makes no sense, especially since the drug that is the least harmful and most common, marijuana, stays in the system for far longer than almost any other drug. I mean damn, it's fully legal in several states now. I had to take a drug test for jobs when I was younger, but my job I got out of college computer programming (which I still have) never even mentioned drugs or any drug testing, there's not even any policy where if you mess up you get drug tested or anything like that. They just hire people based on whether they think you'll do a good job, and if you do a good job, they're good. I actually told my boss about my opiate addiction once I started trying to quit and she was supportive.

I first read about drug testing on the internet. It sounds crazy to me too, and indeed like a violation of privacy. Unheard of where I live.

I actually told my boss about my opiate addiction once I started trying to quit and she was supportive.

That sounds very relieving !

One other thing about DOXs, most people seem to find DOC to be the best one. I know for me, out of all the ones I've tried, it's by far the best, and also has the most similarities to LSD. I wouldn't just take any DOX like I would LSD, but DOC is a wonderful thing.

I will say though that as I've gotten older, especially in the past year or two, it really messes up my sleep schedule, which LSD doesn't do if I time it well. I can take DOC at noon, and it's hard to sleep at all that night, with aid I can do it, etizolam for example will knock me out, or wood betony will help. But like, I took it 2 days ago, and after very little sleep 2 nights ago, I had a full day yesterday and I still slept quite lightly last night, kept waking up (but I had a lot of dreams). It didn't used to do that, and I wish it wouldn't.

Still, I actually prefer DOC as a festival drug... it makes me feel very at ease socially, gives me a load of energy, and makes it easy to have energy the next day too. And provides a high-quality trip.

Nice , thanks for the descriptions of DOC Xorkoth! Would you say it messes with coordination less than LSD? That's what it sounds like from your description of taking it before your hike instead of L. On LSD often I get to the point where I can't walk straight / have to sit down every few minutes because of the giggles. I love LSD at festivals when it plays nice socially, but sometimes it'll sneak up on me and get me too spun to interact with people. I mostly take it in that setting for the energy and the social vibes, and because I love really long lasting trips at fests since I do very little sleeping. Perhaps I'll look into some DOC for that purpose!

I'm going to a festival in a few days actually, will probably mostly be sticking to 3-MeO-PCP, maybe add some mushrooms or L if it feels right. I used to love taking MDMA and LSD together at pretty much every festival but I've had a couple really overwhelming, scary experiences with that combo the past couple years. I love MDMA so much but it's nature seems to have changed on me lately. I either don't feel much of anything, or it ends up being so overwhelming that I'm floored with a racing heart. Not sure if it's because of neurological changes or if I just prefer dissociatives now.

Yeah on DOC I feel extremely coordinated and capable physically and mentally. I feel easily able to articulate myself and my reflexes feel heightened, rather than diminished. It's a very stable and comfortable state of mind. Kind of like mescaline in that regard but much more mentally/intellectually active.

Sounds fucking sweet! That's what I would like LSD to do for me every time but I only get those effects maybe 1/3 of the time. What dose of DOC do you take for social trips Xorkoth? Sounds like the mindfuck is a bit less than L, I could really enjoy that in social settings. I get enough mindfuck when I'm sober. Sometimes I can barely talk on L and just end up giggling gibberish and other times I speak with more clear articulation than when I'm sober and at my best!

Sorry for grilling you about DOC, lol, my interest is piqued though and I've seen you post good things about it for a long time now. I've read plenty of TR's on it but I just wanted your personal opinion while we're on the subject.

At a festival I go for 3mg, for something like a hike I go for 2mg. Either one is social but the 3mg trip is substantially more visual/mental. Yeah I have never actually experienced "mindfuck" on DOC, I always feel pretty in control. One of the early times I tripped on it, I tried 4.2mg, and I was lost in my head for a good 6-8 hours during the peak. It wasn't really confusing though, it was more like it just was, but looking back I certainly would not have been able to socialize or interact effectively with the world.

One thing is that DOC lasts substantially longer than LSD. Which is part of why it's a good festival drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.