View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social Tripping Thread] NEW! Gather here for swirly talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, ended up listening to music in bed I passed out. I also recorded a one hour guitar "improvisation" I'm going through at the moment. I only remember spending what felt like hours tweaking the amp trying to get a tone that satisfied me. Listening to it sober it actually sounds really good, haha ! Classic disso mania.

So tell me, Img_9999, what are you excited about? What are your plans?

Nothing special, actually, I was just having that "life is good!!" feeling, excited for the uncertainty of everything that unknown and yet to come. I guess the feeling was fueled by the fact that I have a lot going on in my life at the moment. I have been working for a month in the US, and I will be staying until August. It's my first time in North America. It's been fun, I have made valuable progress in my profesional projects, and I still have lot's of time to spend by myself, the second hand guitar I bought here and my books. I've also met some really cool people. It's been quite intense too, as a South American I have been flooded by North American cultural references all of my life, and it's quite an experience being here, getting to know where all that came from and knowing the people that embody that worldview.

Hey, TAC ! It's true that sometimes when we are really feeling motivated we can do huge "improvement-steps" in playing an instrument or whatever, but I guess staying creative and active has more to do with the will to push yourself to the moment of creation no matters what rather than relying on those moments of "inspiration". If you make a habit out of practicing, you can more easily integrate what you've learned in this "epiphanies" to your playing. There are ways of not letting your skills fade when the drug effects fades ! There are no short-cuts to virtue, but that ain't a reason to feel ashamed or frustrated. Gotta keep on playing and enjoying the ride !

The best metaphor I can muster to describe tripping hard on crystal MXE is being on the playa at Burning Man, Saturday night, lost somewhere in the middle surrounded by thousands of blinking thingymajigs, in sea of hundreds of inter-modulating sound waves, surfing on a tide of dreams. 'You' are just the lifeless statue of The Man standing in the center, and your mind is the entirely of everything else around it. .

I actually sort of relate to this. When I'm on MXE I always ponder about how we are all interconnected, specially in this era of electromagnetical wavelenght's that travel across entire continents and let us have instantaneous communication literally close at hand.

The best metaphor I can muster to describe tripping hard on crystal MXE is being on the playa at Burning Man, Saturday night, lost somewhere in the middle surrounded by thousands of blinking thingymajigs, in sea of hundreds of inter-modulating sound waves, surfing on a tide of dreams. 'You' are just the lifeless statue of The Man standing in the center, and your mind is the entirely of everything else around it.

Beautiful description. :) I always felt disappointed whenever I tried to describe the joy of MXE. I find it easy to articulate psychedelic trips, but dissociative holes are extremely elusive to language for some reason.

I guess staying creative and active has more to do with the will to push yourself to the moment of creation no matters what rather than relying on those moments of "inspiration".

I dunno man, that's what everybody tells me. I've tried to believe them, I really have. But it doesn't seem to work for me. My philosophy is, I'm either inspired or I'm not. If so, great. If not, fuck it -- I'll go vacuum my floor or something.

Oh man, a little LSD + 4-AcO-DPT today... I'm so damn relaxed, grateful, and inspired... I'm gonna rip a hole in the universe, guys. I swear. It's gonna be sick. %) <3

Last night was a rave up on da mountain. Tree meow became a big hit quickly, much to my surprise. Some sparkly people out there. DMT for breakfast and shots off doritos baby <3

I saw the reality of "us" partying on 3-meo-pcp and it was even better than I imagined.

Mrs. Fug had her first DMT experience yesterday, haven't seen her this happy in a while :D

haven't seen her this happy in a while :D

It'll do that! I wish that was what people heard about DMT, not that it was "crazy intense omfg scary". It -can- be like that, but most of my experience with it is just bliss and giggles and a lasting positive effect on the psyche. Breakthrough level experiences are interesting but not all that it has to offer. <3

Oh man, yesterday I went to a party at my girl's family friends' daughter's engagement (in other words my girl's friend's engagement). They have this beautiful house in a beautiful low mountain place with a nice pool, and they're a bunch of old and young hippies. So I spontaneously decided to take 1mg of DOC beforehand, at about noon. Just 1mg. Well I had a nice little trip, much stronger than I expected but easily manageable, it really helped the day to be even more awesome. Hanging out with hippies, having intense conversations, swimming a whole bunch, smoking weed, socializing... well, we got home at about 1am, and I was not even close to tired. I ended up staying up til 6am, when I finally remembered I had some wood betony I had harvested and dried, because it's a skeletal muscle relaxer... I hadn't tried it yet though. I made a strong tea of it, and it finally knocked me out. But this morning I still feel a little DOC stimulation. I even feel it ever so slightly now and it's been over 24 hours. It's CRAZY how much legs DOC has. Back in the day when I used it a lot and I was on opiates, I could take it at noon and sleep that night, but these days it's more a commitment.

Still, awesome day, I don't regret it even though I'm tired today. :)

Had a real euphoric evening with vaped 5-MeO-MiPT and 3-MeO-PCP on the weekend! I really want to hole on ketamine or MXE on a psychedelic trip. I really miss holing after only having access to 3-meo-pcp when it comes to dissos..

Wood betony is the shit! There's two plants that are known commonly as wood betony, what is the Latin name of the one you are referring to Xorkoth?

Ah, see, that's the one I have not worked with. There's an excellent article about the other plant known as wood betony, Stachy officinalis, on Jim McDonalds website. Hopefully he doesn't mind being linked on bluelight..
http://www.herbcraft.org/betony.html

Also a great one on calamus:
www.herbcraft.org/calamus.html

I could have sworn the wood betony article used to be longer and really got deep into the more esoteric uses of it, but I may just be thinking of the calamus article. The calamus one is great, and if nothing else read the last half where he gets into the spiritual side of it, if that sort of thing floats your boat. It's worth reading the whole thing though. Props to Jim for being such an awesome herbalist, I hope I get to meet him at a conference soon and pick his brain.

Last edited:
Yeah I think that variety is found in the west and the one I have is found in the east.

Thanks for posting those, the second one needs a .html at the end to work though. But yeah, interesting site, I like the author's writing style.

They make Jäger type liquor from Calamus here in part of the Netherlands. :)

(Sorry missed a reply to you or two)

Oops, I actually realized when I was posting that I left the .html out, but I still forgot. Lol. Fixed it. Glad you gave it a read! I think he has a great writing style too.

Wow that calamus Jager sounds pretty awesome haha. I don't really like Jager but I'd have to give it a try. I'd like to try including calamus in home made absinthe some day.

Oh yeah I still have a whole bunch of homegrown wormwood my dad wants me to make into absinth or beer. Yeah you can substitute hops as a bitterness agent with wormwood, that's how they used to do it back in the medieval days.. I'm probably just going to brew more likeable specialty beers when I can spare the moneys for some gear though, first sell my glass winebrewing jugs then use that money to get a big bucket with a tap to actually do it without fucking with the sediment.

I just dropped 90 µg of acid. Then i picked it up and ate it..

Hahah. I wish I knew how much was on my tabs... my last trip with acid was a little less intense than I wanted it to be; however, that's probably more due to my drinking of 16 beers over the course of it. I have an opportunity to trip again July 4th so I think I'll be taking a more intense journey then %) less on the beer

Last edited:
I'm told that free labtests for acid here are pretty much a thing from the past since recently, since about 2 samples or so a month make it for the whole country because it's so expensive. So good thing I stashed a 5x5 panel.

Oh yeah I still have a whole bunch of homegrown wormwood my dad wants me to make into absinth or beer. Yeah you can substitute hops as a bitterness agent with wormwood, that's how they used to do it back in the medieval days.. I'm probably just going to brew more likeable specialty beers when I can spare the moneys for some gear though, first sell my glass winebrewing jugs then use that money to get a big bucket with a tap to actually do it without fucking with the sediment.

I just dropped 90 µg of acid. Then i picked it up and ate it..

You ain't lying -- I hate trying to filter out the yeast and stuff. I hope you enjoyed your trip!

Really empathising with anyone dependant on their opiate prescription right now. Mother in law is in town visiting and getting her oxy script filled is absolute hell. Getting a doctor to sort the script without treating her like a junkie is bullshit. Just got fobbed off by the doctor who wrote her script last week when she got here, and now we've gotta make another appointment elsewhere asap coz we're heading down the coast for the weekend. Ugh.

I know that feel, Trozz. Between lyrica and suboxone which are both controlled substances, i have to jump through hoops to make sure I am level every day, the most annoying of which is needing to do a drug test every 2 weeks to make sure buprenorphine IS in my system and all illegal drugs are NOT in my system. After two years it is a miracle i havent popped a hot test yet. If that day ever comes thatll throw a giant screw into my day because they will drop me from the program without blinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.