• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opiates don't make me feel fucked up, or at least, my day to day use didn't. That's what was so alluring about them to me. For years before I got addicted I'd take pills sometimes and always be like... what's the big deal, I don't get it. The seduction for me lies in being able to feel perfectly content and functional with ease. They just made everything feel better and easier. I could sail through a day without lows. It's a lot more subtle than people think it is and I think that's why it takes people a while sometimes to "get it". I mean there's the shooting heroin type of opiate high, and the functional type of high. I was going for functional. And as problems in my life mounted, that escape was more and more appealing. Through it all I maintained a very functional life, in fact I functioned better with opiates than without, I felt more confident, things didn't bother me as much, there was no real inebriation, I just felt good. And even then, 5 years later my family STILL doesn't know. Only my younger brother we are soul mates essentially. And my couple past girlfriends as when you really get to know someone it's impossible to hide it for long... and then a friend from here who has turned into a real life friend one of my best friends in fact we talk every day but I haven't met him yet, whatev, I will we're just in different countries so. So yeah there were like 5 people total who actually knew what was going on, if that. My bro was really chill about it when I told him, because he is like that so opposite of me in ways like down to earth okay well I am down to earth, he is down to 'reality' or whatever humans call their manmade bullshit these days lol.

He was just like man I never knew it was that bad cause like I was like remember when we were jamming guitar that day? There was a cotton with a pinpoint of blood on it, and I had shot up just because I didn't want to be sick around you man and we had a really great day. We actually talked about william burroughs and opiates and he was like man I never realized how fucked up opiates are and I'm sitting there HIGH ON HEROIN being like yeah man they can really fuck you up. I didn't tell him until months later after that, and I shot up a total of 5 times. Those memories haunt me it's like I totally violated myself just so I wouldn't be sick, or to postpone the inevitable. That is when I said fuck it what the fuck am I doing and disposed of the remaining 20 needles or however many I had (I had thought long and hard about this, you see, and had decided it was 'best' for me to start doing that). I was FUCKED UP back then! But yeah man my little bro never judged me or told my family even when my life was at risk and he didn't really know what was going on like I never used around him so... that is a true brotherhood right there! Love the guy with all my heart I'd take a bullet for the dude in a second no hesitation I mean I shouldn't even be hear and he is incredibly mature and responsible for his age being a decade apart, and opposite zodiac sign, like our dynamic is just super crazy and rad we manage to still have everything in common! I can't die on that dude no fucking way!

But the cost is too high with opiates. The first time I got a good opiate high, that was it for me, I was already mentally addicted and I didn't even realize it. Before I knew it I was in over my head and my life slowly transformed into pain. Best to avoid opiates is my advice. I mean if you're in debilitating physical pain, by all means, that's what they're for. But recreational use? It's playing with fire. You don't gain anything from the experience, and if you get addicted, well, not everyone makes it out of that hole.

This was my exact experience with them. I was a very high functioning opiate addict. I was railing china white, and managing teams of 30-some tradespeople and shit like that I mean just work but point is I could hold that type of job while being a secret junkie. Actually at first, it improved my work performance as you can be sitting in the most miserable traffic jam of your life where you really need to be somewhere fast and be perfectly content and mellowed out (but it doesn't make you stupid or numb in ways like a junkie knows when they need to be responsible... because they are responsible for maintaining their supply which is the #1 thing that comes before anything else and it can become VERY expensive over time). But eventually years and years later it started to ruin my life and I was left with essentially nothing but my family a roof under my head, my guitars my phone and my life.

And yeah man before you even know it! Like it's so subtle, all they did is make my back pain go away and function better and be happy. Like... that's normal shit right? Easy to forget about until 18 months later you wake up sick as fuck unable to get out of bed in the morning until your oxy's take 2 hours to kick in. So you better have some smack to rail at the point as it will get you flying right away like 10 cups of coffee mixed with the chillness of 10 joints of kali mist never would. They are mentally stimulating, but physically relaxing and make work easier, everything easier but in the end they take everything from you. The cost is extreme. Once tolerance rises, it becomes impossible to feel those same effects and you begin to use just to feel shittier than you felt before you started using. (well I should say "I"... this was my experience with them I suppose but it happens to a lot!)

i actually never experienced the classic heroin "nod" until I took 60mg oxycodone two days ago, having no idea what my tolerance was. It was fucking crazy... like it felt so damn good, but it was so totally dysfunctional, that I can see that being extremely dangerous for me as I was fiending for it after that until I flushed my pills two days later. And the thing is I just know, that high doesn't last. Eventually in the near future you are using to feel "normal" but your "new normal" is complete fucking shit because you are a fucking junkie who needs it like food and water and doesn't even want it anymore! It's the most miserable fucking thing I have ever known!

And yo dude I was in debilitating physical pain and there is ONE thing I have a different opinion on than you and I know you know what's up cause it was like reading something I could have written myself. You are just more down to earth about this shit rn because you have a few years and I have well now 2 days LOL but I don't count the days it's all about the experience and transformation. Actually it is one day, but my opinion on opiates completely changed once I experienced that classic nod. I see myself being unable to chase that nod as much as I can ever get close to feeling that way again, so if I were to use opiates again I essentially know that I would die and die fast and die hard before I even knew what was going on. Because when you are that high they are no longer mentally stimulating and non-impairing. I was a fucking tranwreck that day man I'd open my eyes thinking I was sitting on my chair and I'd be in a yoga pose on my yoga mat on the floor and the euphoric bliss... that fucking bliss man I can NEVER do that again. I never thought I would enjoy it and I wasn't looking for that out of opiates, so I am very lucky to have experienced it after the fact and knowing how much the ruin my life. If I had experienced that earlier on, I wouldn't be here typing this. I'd be dead, in jail, or in and out of rehab and other institutions. I am SO, SO lucky!!! I owe it to all who have died before me in the same situation to make the most of my life and for fucks sake get this second date with this fox! I didn't even have a fucking sex drive once the side effects started kicking in hard. My life is just more chaotic right now totally, and with this girl of my dreams and stuff and all the positive changes it is getting ridiculous and just out of control happy happy cheerful happy no waking up sick anymore!

Okay okay the one thing. I don't think they are for debilitating physical pain man because I have that. I have chronic thoracic pain in my spine. I can't swim, I can't bike anymore (used to go on 1000km adventures camping out and stuff), I can't hit the gym EVER again and I used to way like 220lbs at 6 ft was fucking ripped, I can only do yoga, and go hiking and I have to be extremely careful. Chronic pain sucks but I deal with it without opiates because they make it worse!

My pain has actually improved since getting clean. It's not because I was abusing them either. I swear man they always made my pain worse. The more you rely on something external for pain, the worse it becomes. Essentially I could go on and on because of my experience with pain just sucks and I know people have to live with pain much worse than mine but it is my opinion that opiates never, ever help. Not even those with pain, if anything they are more susceptible to addiction and that's who they are prescribed (targeted) to! It's because the stress of chronic pain is so extreme, and they help so much at first, that so many people end up addicted and it's so easy to be in denial because you are in pain right? Like sure they help some people, I'm sure there are some people out there who take them throughout their life or whatev but tbh what are the chances of that lol? This shit feels way too fucking good and it's overprescribed like crazy. I was nodding off 2.5mg oxy when I started and prescribed 15mg, then 40, then I was doing 400mg a few years later and I had always done heroin as like a pick me up in the morning before the pills kicked in but like, it became my one and only. By the end of it I could take any amount of oxy and be completely dissatisfied. I needed to rail heroin, it was fucked and I was still getting this shit prescribed it was causing me to relapse every fucking month, and just did actually. I mean I nearly died man it was a total ominous wakeup call like dude. I cannot use these anymore AT ALL. 60mg oral oxy finally gave me that elusive shooting up "heroin nod" I experienced it once in my whole life, I mean yes I have nodded before obviously but like, this was the REAL experience just a hardcore fucking nod man. And once was enough, because that is the type of high that will kill you before you even know it. I'm lucky to be alive as a 'functional' heroin and oxycodone use for 5 years, let alone fucking with fire with high doses like that. I used to source my smack as best I could and meticulously weigh out doses with my RC scale and even that is NOT SAFE to sniff.

So yeah my point lol (sorry I'm tripping). I don't think they should be used for chronic pain. I think they should be used to prevent chronic pain through helping treat acute pain and even that is extremely risky because you gave them to the wrong person which will totally happen and they get hooked on the high, pain or no pain. I think they should really be used for two things: extreme, relentless pain (like a surgery for a shattered elbow or broken collarbone, or like cancer or something so painful the person is suicidal over it and has made attempts and shit or whatev... if you catch my drift)... OR, they could sensibly be used to get high as FUCK from the nod because it feels SO damn good what I felt two days ago lol and tbh I needed the stress relief. It was dangerous as fuck though but what I'm saying is to me, it actually makes more sense to just nod the fuck out than try to make it a part of your daily life! Although in my opinion ANY use of the shit is bad unless it's like when you're getting surgery or something like that. Just my opinion from what I have experienced. I have had severe chronic pain for 7 years and it only made me stop trying to deal with it in healthy ways, because I didn't need to anymore I wasn't feeling shit, and now that I am clean my pain is still there, but the pain of being dependent on opiates was so much fucking worse and the pain of withdrawal that it's all subjective I don't even give a fuck about it anymore! It's hardly impacting my life at all and I am really happy about that because for a while there, before I started using opiates I couldn't deal with the pain to the point that I was curled up in a ball on my bed screaming and crying for it to go away while stressing my girlfriend out so hard she just didn't know what to do. There is no escaping it. I just have to accept it and yeah like it has been hard.

That is really what led me to opiates. I was always a druggie or whatev but I knew to stop with the coke and md like opiates I never ever ever even thought of using. If I heard the word oxy I'd be like wtf isn't that some pill for people in pain? Wtf... give me a line of coke on friday night so maybe I can actually talk to a girl LOL. But, it can happen to anyone. It's a huge problem and there are so many different aspects of the problem that it isn't just one thing. It is actually one of the craziest problems going on in the world today, and for once I agree with propaganda. This shit is actually a fucking world crisis and like I have NO idea how it could be stopped. It's just like a disease that needs to be controlled a little better, but while still giving people their freedom possibly even more freedom to use as prohibition only makes it worse.

Anyways there is a lot on my mind I mean I just had the best 'heroin nod' of my life 2 days ago I had over one month and this girl was driving me crazy but now we're just chill and I've been tripping for a long time on 2c-c and I am right now there is so much on my mind I need to write write write and vent so I hope you don't mind! I mean I almost fucking DIED the other day and I slept all day today... my buddy from here had called me like 10 times while I was asleep wondering whether to tell roommate that hey he might actually not be sleeping... he might have overdosed. But I told him I flushed the pills but I have told people that before and lied to their face. You can never trust a junkie and he knows that, so he was really worried and was like dude if this ever happens again you know I will be ratting you out like it was in the back of my mind... and that scared the FUCK out of me man I can't be dying on loved ones for a hit!

Last edited:
I believe that I almost died a couple days ago. It was 60mg IR oxycodone with no tolerance, combined with benzos and baclofen.

aye man you should watch out for the baclofen too, although it barely gets you high the WD is horrifying and comparable to benzos IME

I am seeing bleep bloop and sayer this weekend =D I think I will take LSD early in the day then MDMA shortly before the concert, and ketamine during. It should be heavenly %)

I worship da bass

any glitchlords in here?

Last edited:
I definitely should, thanks for this valuable piece of information transmitted to me from the clouds. I already have to taper off benzos that shit is the last shit I need right now! I will probs just cold turkey it I've been taking like 30mg of baclofen a day for a couple weeks max... so yeah dude, aye. No more baclofen.

My life has been fucking crazy lately I need to mellow out. That oxycodone nod actually helped a bit... like the one thing it ever did for me. Was like getting laid without getting laid and I hate sleeping around I have to be super comfortable with someone for that.

I seriously need to chill the fuck out haha and I know exactly how, I just hope she agrees... I want that second date. Our first date was wild and really fun (we just were like all over town running around doing a million things she finds it hard to stay in one place at a time lol). She asked me out and chose everything for the first date (I was cool with it, cause she went to get my ear piercing I wanted, but my ear isn't the right shape, but she has a lot of piercings and I ended up getting a double conch which is sick and most people don't have room for three of those haha!). I have the perfect romantic little stone pub outside town to take her too, but then I can drive her around and show her my old skate spots with my high school crew and my old schools and family homes and stuff because if it is just a romantic dinner she will be too bored haha. And then I was thinking to meet up for coffee at my fave spot and maybe have my brother and farmer friend meet up with us too since she is super social like that. I am getting this date haha. She had hers now I get mine.

If anything I need to watch out for this chick haha she is wild... my life is already fucking crazy enough but maybe she is just the right frequency to balance that just on a different spectrum or some shit (I defs sense this about us). Our first date was if you can even call it that she is fucking crazy! She took me on an adventure, I ended up with a crazy piercing and like it was super cool we did a lot of random fun stuff and like the only traditional part was we had a lovely lunch together. She is wiiillllld such a chill girl though. And if I get that second date I know we will fall in love, it's not an expectation it's just a fact. We already know we like each other but our 'date' got entirely carried away. We were having so much fun with each other and met up at like 11am, that by around 10pm she was at my place drinking and somehow I ended up tripping out (well... I snuck a rail of 2c-c in lol) and so I just told her cause I tell her whatever I don't give a fuck haha I'm just myself. Anyways, I had no idea how fucking wild she was yet until I saw how ridiculous she was around her friends. We ended up dropping acid and doing a little 2c-c at that like WTF kind of first date is that LOL but we had so much fun! Now I'm pretty sure she thinks I am a junkie haha. So, I had to clear that up because I'm not. I got too drunk though, I can't handle booze at all, and I don't even know how we ended up tripping out she's just like I trust you let me try it! I'm like okay... I defs trust her too she thrives on the kind of excitement that lsd brings. She would hate shrooms though lol, probs love DMT and have some totally random reaction to it and talk for days about it while I giggle at her.

Fuck man my life is seriously too chaotic right now I didn't really intend to meet the girl of my dreams when I am getting clean but I have. I can't get her out of my mind like not whether or not she likes me or what to do though. Just all the little things I like so much about her. So what do I do about that? I'm not going to pass up the opportunity that is for damn sure she is a fox... man do I ever need to chill I normally spend my life relaxed and stoned haha. Lately it was a chaotic months-long heroin withdrawal, then week-long oxycodone relapses and coke problems... like fuck. I am finally good though! No junkie would have flushed 96 oxy's after nodding the fuck out harder than ever before... that is for sure.

And with my new job and everything there is just a lot going on. I'm having a great time but it's a little chaotic for me! OMG I even work in an hour from now fuck it's already 3am...it's a great time to have new and awesome supportive friends and reconnecting with old ones too!

It's raining here and freezing balls finally. Me thinks I'll be bringing my 'vape' pen to work today ;)

Fuck, bitcoin is crazy right now. Wish I'd had the foresight to invest a few hundred on a regular basis. Even so, the 300 I bought one week ago is now worth 473 and I'm putting another 400 in today.

Ive smoked like 10 joints today already lol and it's not yet 10am. My morning shift consisted of talking hippie shit with a colleague dude from China. Was translating between me and his colleague who apparently thinks I am very attractive lol. She says her English no good but she just likes to look at me anyway LOL. wtf man what is the problems with chicks over here then? He was teaching me about asian astrology or whatev, I knew I was a Chinese dragon and I was getting paid to teach him about astrology and read our horoscopes (he is a capricorn, I am a taurus and we have become buddies through work although he's on the other side of the world).

The lady I am completely falling for sent me a cute voice message earlier, asking if I was awake (we work nights / early mornings for this strange job we have) so we shall see what today beholds! I have like .1 of 2 grams worth of 2cc left lol. Anyways, she is always doing random shit like that I was not expecting to hear from her today haha. If she is screwing with my 2nd date idea then... dammit. Was quite a romantic idea, but if I keep seeing her it's always going to be for like 12 hours haha. Today could be the day I dunno, I've just been waiting to hear from her for so damn long! While sending her cute messages and stuff and having outbursts at our boss which she finds silly. She is so diplomatic about that shit I just yell at people until I get what I want LOL.

Yeah dude... that shit is going crazy! It has only ever meant one thing to me though... LOL. Get lit as fuck! My buddy texted me today and was like yo... how much bitcoin do you have left? ummm let me check my change like 10 bucks? :D I helped my buddy recover a quarter bitcoin last week from like a 5 year old wallet and got a shopping bag full of chron for it... only one thing=D I'd be a fuckin billionaire if I had any foresight been trading that shit since 2010 and made fuck all!

Well who could have possibly foreseen that it would get anywhere hear this high. For fuck's sake, it just broke $16,000 and 24 hours ago it was just under $13,000.

Yeah it's nuts. Its disgusts me actually, bitcoin is such an energy pig, we're literally turning enormous amounts of fuel into CO2 to create the worlds greatest ponzi scheme. We could ruin the planet for the sake of a fucking ponzi scheme. It costs more energy to do a single BTC transaction than it does to power an american home for a day. It costs more energy to mine 1 BTC than it does to power an american home for a year.

Why is BTC a ponzi scheme? I used to disagree with this, when you could use BTC for transactions, it was an actually currency. Now hodlers are billing it as "digital gold" because its only good for store-of-value. But unlike gold, BTC is made of nada, completely ephemeral agreed-upon-value.

When this woon run is done, check out other cryptos. Nearly all of them are more efficient, and will take us to the future. Fuck bitcoin.

It's good for when you want to trade shit between your friends and want to seem like a badass computer hacker with the encryption and all but are just not. haha. I suck with computers and mastered how to use that shit. My favourite transaction of all is simple bartering. No money involved just friends trading shit. ("yo dude I have a shit ton of bitcoin I bought five years ago, I don't know the password or anything at all, just got these weird phrases I dunno even what account the shit is in." "Yeah sure man, just toss me some chron"... got like an entire plant that took me half a day to trim aha. aha ahah ahahaha.

I never saw it as something to invest in, because it was too volatile and with my anxiety that just trips me out. Even now I'd just be like what if it goes down to like a grand again? I knew they took a lot of energy to mine, but I never really understand what the fuck bitcoin mining actually is? Why does it take so much energy to make a coin that doesn't even exist? Is there a simple answer to this question haha?

Smokin joint after joint today, pure hedonistic tendencies coming out. Gotta smoke that chron all day some days... going to finish watching mean girls lol.

Yeah it's nuts. Its disgusts me actually, bitcoin is such an energy pig, we're literally turning enormous amounts of fuel into CO2 to create the worlds greatest ponzi scheme. We could ruin the planet for the sake of a fucking ponzi scheme. It costs more energy to do a single BTC transaction than it does to power an american home for a day. It costs more energy to mine 1 BTC than it does to power an american home for a year.

Wow, that's outrageous and depressing. Another prime example of the unintended consequences of profit-driven human behaviour :(

We could ruin the planet for the sake of a fucking ponzi scheme. It costs more energy to do a single BTC transaction than it does to power an american home for a day. It costs more energy to mine 1 BTC than it does to power an american home for a year.

Care to explain ? I decided to hold some a few month backs and already made over 600 bucks literally effortlessly. But I don't know much about it other than I can use it to get magical internet drugs, which I did when it reached 11K :D

Yeah other cryptos are immensely more efficient, it's true. It seems absurd that a single transaction would cost as much power as it takes to run a home for a day, where did you hear that?

Last edited:
My brother has been mining Etherium. He has this set up with 50 or so GPUs filling an entire cabinet with fans blowing 24/7 to keep it cool. In summer they had to jack up the A/C to max just to prevent the apartment from overheating. Now I think about it, it's a huge and inexcusable waste of power, surely? There must be some other way to do this that doesn't involve such a daft waste of power?

Mining is basically making your computer into a drone that handles the transactions, and they give you some coin in return for the service. So it's powering the transactions. Ethereum is more efficient than bitcoin but some of the new cryptos are way more efficient. Either way, I mean something has to power the transactions.

Has anyone ever compared the power needed for cryptocurrency to the power needed for non-cryptocurrency? What about global banking, what about stock markets, what about the FUCKING NSA??

^ astute observation. I suspect the traditional fiat money system probably uses an incredible amount once you take all aspects including its security into consideration.

Mining is basically making your computer into a drone that handles the transactions, and they give you some coin in return for the service. So it's powering the transactions. Ethereum is more efficient than bitcoin but some of the new cryptos are way more efficient. Either way, I mean something has to power the transactions.

Thanks for explaining it in lay terms. I was never entirely certain what the GPUs were actually doing.

Dude, mining sounds like growing indoor. Just a total waste of energy when the best weed in the world is well tended to outdoor chronic on good land. But, you do get the strongest shit if you know what I'm sayinnnn. Interesting point about regular money and how much energy, and paper trees, it must take to produce.

Yeah thanks man I understand that now. I knew they needed a lot of computer power and A/C, but I thought they were big operations, like you couldn't do it from home. Sounds like growing indoor to me lol. I didn't know that they got coin in return, that's chill.

So one of the things I do to chill my anxiety out so I don't write morbidly long posts anymore, is freestyle rap. Me and my farmer friend of 20 years no longer converse normally; we message or voice freestyle raps to each other. However, the raps have an underlying meaning so we are like venting shit in a hilarious way. It's fucking awesome and he's the silly dude I'm starting an actual band with. We just need a hot chick who plays piano and can do synth stuff and we'll make a funny trio.

Yeah other cryptos are immensely more efficient, it's true. It seems absurd that a single transaction would cost as much power as it takes to run a home for a day, where did you hear that?

tl;dr at bottom

You can read it all over the internet, just search it out. I did the calculations myself to confirm, and it's true. I'm repeating them here: Using a source that was correct as of September this year. Now that btc is twice as valuable (? or more?) as it was back then, it has become twice as competitive to mine, so when the difficulty increases again, it will be even less efficient, but for the sake of numbers:

https://grisha.org/blog/2017/09/28/electricity-cost-of-1-bitcoin/

from the above source, I extract that 1 BTC costs 13,066 kWh to mine (as of Sept 2017, it's probably more now) ( think about that! 13 *MEGA* watt hours,)

1 Bitcoin holds around 2360 transactions per block right now (it was even less in September - around 1500).

The current block reward is 12.5 BTC per block solved. That means it costs 12.5 * 13MW/h to solve a block. So 162.5 MWh to solve a block. Divide that by the 2360 transactions per block: 68.86kWh per transaction.

The average american household uses 897 kWh per month (https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=97&t=3) so 30kWh per day.

tl;dr:

A single bitcoin transaction uses as much electricity as an average american household uses in 2.3 days.
Mining a single bitcoin uses 1.3 times the electricity that the average american household uses in an entire year.

Mine or buy any other currency if you care about the atmosphere.

PS: I'm hot for IOTA - but basically any of them: BCH, LTC, XMR, ETH are better. But check out IOTA, I'm telling you it's one to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.