• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social: Nexus for gibberish of the psychedelicized genius and veritably insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met Shulgin once at the Horizons conference in NYC. I think it was 07 or 08. They had some great speakers that year (Rick Doblin, Dave Nichols). I got to briefly shake his hand and say thank you to him and Ann before being pushed out of the way so others can have a meet and greet too.

Herb and DXM today, then I went downtown to a bar, they didn't have drambiue or campari so I couldn't have either of my favorite cocktails, but I had a couple drinks.

edit:today is Disneyland, and some well needed sobriety. %)

Last edited:
^^ i really enjoy the bar on low doses of DXM.

too much DXM or Alcohol though and you start to look like the village drunkard from some early irish novel

or like a gonzo journalist walking into a las vegas carnival

@tnw...through blind luck, I got a last minute invite to an Easter gathering at Shulgin's home. Got a tour of the lab and all...beautiful place and plenty of interesting folks to chat with!

Lucky you indeed. Did you happen to have been there with a blonde girl from Cali? Saw some pix on fb recently... ;)

@tnw...through blind luck, I got a last minute invite to an Easter gathering at Shulgin's home. Got a tour of the lab and all...beautiful place and plenty of interesting folks to chat with!

wow.

does he still have the lichen with the smiley face drawn on it hanging in his lab?

dudes, you guys must be so lucky to have met such wonderful folks and all... stuff to tell the grandkids one day.

weekend is almost upon us.
damn i wish i had more time to spend. because thats whats it all about in the end isnt it. time. and how you can spend it on things you want and not things you have to to survive.

Stop making me jealous! :(

P.s This thing in conjunction with Oculus Rift (VR Headset) looks pretty cool for during a trip, controlling the stuff with your voice and all. Anyone talking about this like it's the coolest thing ever should just shut up and do DMT though..

Dude. Just went to an Andy Warhol exhibit whilst frying on 200ug of acid.

That trippy motherfucker knew exactly what he was doing, which was probably a lot of acid.

Consumerism as art? That's pretty much the clusterfuck he's got going on. Very American.

Dude. Just went to an Andy Warhol exhibit whilst frying on 200ug of acid.

That trippy motherfucker knew exactly what he was doing, which was probably a lot of acid.

Consumerism as art? That's pretty much the clusterfuck he's got going on. Very American.

Warhol's style is very striking on psychedelics.. bright bold and big. I have a really vivid memory of coming upon his huge portrait of Mao right when some acid was starting to hit me in the met museum.

Met Shulgin today. :)

...he greeted me with a firm handshake and a huge grin. It was heartwarming to see that the man is in good spirits.

That's so high up on my bucket list it's crazy. I'm very jealous of you. IMHO he's like a living legend.

I just realized exactly how I will plunge myself back into the world of psychedelics: smoking DMT on ketamine! I just realized it moments ago when I was looking at some posts about it. I'm actually really excited now and will definitely be doing this sometime over the weekend in preparation for my honey flip next wednesday the 10th :D it's good to be back!! lolllll

^Sounds like it'll be pretty awesome.

Meanwhile, I'm excited for Jurassic Park 3D, I don't like 3D but I very badly want to see that in theaters.

3D movies whilst tripping are awesome, I mean have you seen Life of Pi?

^I did not see that. (And JP was great was fun, btw took herb, booze, and dxm in that order for it).

Last edited:
Rides across Europe with Chechnyan mobsters, meeting Shulgin and attending a get together at his home. You guys have exciting times. I once met a group of Russians I'm pretty sure had ties to a mob of some sort; always seemed to have anything they wanted, very jovial with an undercurrent of serious secretiveness.. interesting people. We seem to have a very large number of people from the former USSR and satelite states, especially in academia; half the prof's at my uni are -ov's, -ski's, etc. They tend to be very driven people. One of my current profs is one of the scariest, most intimidating people I've ever seen. He's alright when you're talking to him, but if on his bad side he may have campus security whisk you off into an execution chamber. ;)

I'm glad to say last week I burned through the last of my "useful" stimulants; all that's left are cathinones and non-frequent use type things. It's been a week since any upper other than caffeine, I crashed and was sick as a dog for a couple days, but feel so much better now. :)
Man those things had a hold on me, and it's not a nice sight to see what they can do mentally and physically. The increased anxiety is an obvious one, but physically at my worst it made me look like half-zombie; gaunt, thin, pale face, acne, sunken, empty eyes.
*Shivers*; been there, done that, not going back.

Funny thing is, I often took them with the ideal of helping to study, but it just drained me instead. This will be a study period without them and I expect I'll do much better.

In other hobby type stuff, I got super cheap but awesome vintage hi-hi setup (turntable, amp, speakers, and the guy have me his mint vinyl collection for free; about 30 albums from the 70s; some Pink Floyd, Jefferson Starship, Jethro Tull, etc..). I've been trying to record the vinyl to high quality digital 24bit/192khz, and it sounds good when done, but it has to be done in real-time of course, and it's actually kind of hard. Other than making sure the record/stylus are perfectly clean and without static, you have to make sure the recording level is high for a good signal/noise ratio, but that it never crosses the 0db line; digital encoding has a fit with the smallest distortion. So while listening I've got my eyes on the waveform and VU gauge; doing more monitoring than listening. But it's a lot better than mp3's and still has that tangible 'needle-vibration' analogue feel to it. When looking at the waveform come through it's cool to see how the one channel lags behind by a couple milliseconds (outside vs. inside of groove), and makes part of that harmonic sound.

Warhol's style is very striking on psychedelics.. bright bold and big. I have a really vivid memory of coming upon his huge portrait of Mao right when some acid was starting to hit me in the met museum.

I agree, his use of color is very visually stimulating if nothing else, which was really the reason I checked it out. I'm not a huge Warhol fan but I figured it'd be a nice visual accompaniment to some Miles Davis while tripping.

His Cowboys and Indians collection was on display, definitely the most enjoyable part of the exhibit. Spent ~20 minutes each vibing these two pieces:

Sitting Bull

Katchina Dolls

I felt like this was some of Warhols best because it was borderline satire to acid wash a portrait of the leader of some of the indigenous North Americans who were slaughtered for their land that is currently know as the USA ehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.