• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out Ethics when you make it to Austin. Absolutely bangin' house, tech house, and the like with an amazing sound system, open air dance floor with a view of downtown, and a great crowd and energy. Some really great dudes bartending and working the door as well. It's my favorite venue anywhere for dance music.

Music .. consists of patterns that are easy for your brain to interpret. Your auditory input is no longer a mess of random sounds, it's something easier to make sense of. This gives your mind an artificial sense of increased situational awareness. Music makes the world make more sense, on a subconscious level.

The same thing goes for other forms of art too. Rhymes, repetitive designs, bright colors. People need patterns. Humans have a strong need to make sense of things, it's the reason we are where we are. The ability to understand is the ability to survive. Chaos is danger and form is safety.

That's a pretty cool insight, I think you're on to something there. But we don't go for the stuff that is *completely* patterned and predicatable - our minds crave a certain amount of surprise and novelty. So the best music surprises us and breaks the patterns, just enough. The very best music embeds surprises within the patterns, and you don't pick them up on your first listen, but maybe after you've heard it a dozen times already.

Music is the ultimate mind candy that plays on all kinds of neural circuits, tuned to tickle our pattern-recognition wetware in just the right way..

I agree, if patterns are too obvious music looses interest, in the same way that an environment with no changes quickly fades into the background noise of attention.

Makes sense that finding patterns in music or art would be pleasurable, there must be some deep rooted reward mechanism in our brain that stimulate that kind of information processing. I guess those are fired every time we "get" some kind of structure in music, or art or even learning something new.

That's true, music needs to be stimulating enough to draw your attention. I have a very active mind, always wandering and gravitating toward things that are new and interesting, and I usually prefer to listen to stuff like psychedelic or progressive rock rather than pop. Great music should create a sense of wonder without being totally perplexing.

It seems I don't get any replies in the ego death thread so I'll ask it here.

Do you consider K-holes to be ego death? To you believe in ego death, what are your views about it?

I consider dissociative holes to be a form of ego death, yes, in fact some of the most profoundly dissolving of mind states. I actually prefer to call it ego dissolution, because if the ego totally "dies", then there is no longer a "you" to remember the experience. Generally what happens is that your ego is so dissolved that you may barely identify as your individuated self, or you might even forget that you're a person, but there is enough of you left to form memories of the experience. In my first "ego death", for example, I did remember that I was this guy Xorkoth, but I was also everything and everyone else, I was the universe, so my Xorkoth-self receded so far back as to be unremarkable, just another frame of experience amongst a sea of infinite experiences.

I've got band practice tonight, and then there is the 10th anniversary of the local funk jam, which I'm going to go to. I decided on a whim upon discovering that fact to take some AMT, so here I go. Definitely should be fun, I'm gonna be pretty drained tomorrow though.

IME ego death on psychedelics is different than on dissociatives. When I've experienced ego death on psychedelics, I still feel attached to my body but I'm able to experience everything like I'm complete free of my conscious mind. My mind is completely void of my own self with my attitudes, thoughts, and opinions. My mind is completely free to experience the world completely free, like seeing everything for the first time in my life. On dissos, I'm completely detached from my physical body, and have no contact to "reality" whatsoever. Usually I often don't remember much from K-holes, they are so amnesic. On the other hand, ego death on psychedelics is not amnesic in the same way and I can remember what I've experienced afterwards.

IMO a K-hole involves total disconnection from the outside world so the experience is totally internal and vision-like. I don't think it constitutes ego death. Usually it does make your sense of self pretty warped and sometimes fragmented or 'unaddressed' because references are not 'reality-checked' but can be flexible just like memories are, but ego death is a different game for me (even if it may coincide). That involves aware consciousness for me, letting go of individuality and duality altogether, which can be a struggle and can also involve themes of death and rebirth since experientially letting go of ourself can pretty much feel like letting go of life.

A difference of course being that, especially if you are more experienced with these things, you have confidence on some level that it is not all completely over, the leap of faith is not into 'what death is like' but into what happens when you relinquish ultimate control and differentiation. Even with experience it can feel like there isn't a precedent to really say that you return from that [intact, whatever that means].

It sounds like Xorkoth considers ego deaths to be a form of dissociative hole, but not per se the other way around. Because in a hole you don't necessarily have to give up your sense of self because you disconnect from the outside world which is not you (though the outside world is actually our model we have of it which does make up a significant part of us, but not entirely since we can wander through fragments of that - memories and confabulations). On the other hand, if you have ego death, you do disconnect from the outside world in a certain sense namely it stops being meaningful when you pass into non-duality.

Last edited:
I took 25mg DPT intranasally a couple hours ago and I'm feeling pretty damn weird. It's a fairly strong dose for me. I feel so sorry for all the folks who decide to take 100+ mg their first time with it.

That would be me! DPT rocked me, almost talked myself out of trying DMT because of it. I'd like to revisit it now that I'm in a better place in life. The first half of it was pure hell but the second half was pure bliss. It humbled me.

Speaking of, I did MDMA on a whim the other night with my oldest and closest friend. He hadn't tried any in over a decade, we had a lot of fun just hanging out around the house playing fighting games. I eventually cut that shit off though because it felt like a waste. I have plenty left over for the holidays.

dosing a tryptamine and dissociative together is the closest I have been to what I consider absolute ego death. Multiple components of consciousness must be modulated to achieve thate state, and neither class alone hits it all of those components with reliability.

With that said, I don't think anyone would argue that a DMT trip alone can not achieve ago death, but that is the most potently-acting of the tryptamines. Having been there, I can also say similar of a deep MXE or K hole, but in the end we are talking about different fruits falling from different trees.

Speaking of lysergamides, I never felt full ego dissolution from acid alone, but it does activate a circuit that draws me away from ego.

6-APB is a good drug for sure. I will say though that 80mg of 4-FA is pretty low for empathogenic effects. Try 120mg, it'll be a lot rollier. Good stuff, not as rolly as 6-APB though. Not trippy at all, but a serotonergic amphetamine high pretty much

I'm gonna have a small amount of 2C-B-fly coming in a few days. I'm pumped, I tried it twice back in 2006 and I loved it, a gentle, relatively subtle euphoria-producer with empathy and sociability. I bet it will combine really well with something more psychedelic. Can't wait to give it another shot! :)

I'm also getting some 6-APB. I've had that before, and I really like it, comparable to MDA. I think I probably got it because your post reminded me how much I liked it when I had it before, Spiritnova.

It's certainly more relaxed, it's extremely smooth. Less psychedelic (for me anyway, I've read some reports of people getting visuals and such), but more comfortable and empathogenic, and longer-lasting.

Yeah I also don't push 5-MeO-MiPT very far, I find it to have an intense body energy which can become quite uncomfortable as the dose goes higher. 2C-B-fly seems like something I could push a lot easier. I probably will too, I told a friend about it and now he wants to split an additional 250mg with me so I'm going to a couple hundred mg :)

I recently got some 2C-B-FLY as well, because after years and years of not being able to find 2C-B, I thought I might as well go for something that's similar at least. And what do you know? Not even two weeks after recieving the FLY, I suddenly found myself in posession of a small amount of actual 2C-B. :D

I haven't tried either yet though. So many interesting substances, so little time haha.

I liked 6-APB, it's definitely similar to MDMA more so than I expected. But I think it's even less suited for doing it in public, I looked super drugged out on it. Good stuff, it doesn't come close to my favourite empathogen though which is AMT <3

Last edited:
This thread makes me want to pick up some 2cb-fly. Its so expensive tho.

Kinda wanna combine some 6 aob with a high dose DPT or 2c-e trip. MDMA and 120mg DPT plugged was out of this world. 6 apb from what I recall leaves me more mongy/hyoer/spaced out ala MDA than MDMA tho...

Woke up to 100mg of MDMA, dropped it about 2 hours ago. Re-dosed like an idiot with 50mg more and just got out of a nice long hot shower. Everything is good. Wish I could keep it going all day but I'm at my 150mg limit that I always impose per session. Usually would never take MDMA so close to my last roll but I never have down time and won't be getting more for some time so I made an exception. :)

Second time rolling solo, love this substance without the distraction of other people. Allows me to work on myself. Only issue today is it's 50F outside right now. Going to bundle up and go ride my tractor around and jam on some Dead. Y'all be good. I still got 600mg left to give away (with one left over for me for Christmas). Going to surprise my Dad with his favorite drug once he'd through all these long work weeks. He hasn't been able to partake of any since the mid-80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.