• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to go on my last drug fueled bender for a few days but i could not get any ketamine which is probably best for me. Then i have to somehow repair the damage i have done to myself with alcohol and ketamine via LSD. I think dosing 350-400 ug will be able to reset those neural pathways once again from the k hole abuse. Something in my brain just feels off after all those k holes.

But i will start with just one tab to cleanse my brain in prep for higher doses and to see how these k holes have rewired me. With just my limited usage of ketamine this year i have already noticed the impact it had from short periods of high use and glad i avoided dissoactives during for addictive phases of my life. It just feels like a wall that should filter all out random wacky shit was just dissolved in the brain after ketamine.

Dissociatives are the surest path to going totally off the rails, for a lot of people. Honestly I think I had some valuable experience on MXE (and one recently on MXiPr). But for the most part, dissos for me have been the closest I've ever gotten to losing the plot. I never really lost the plot, but I have witnessed people close to me spectacularly lose the plot and it was horrible.

ecstacylover, I loved every part of your post. 5-MeO-MiPT certainly has more bodyload and more energy than LSD and its close relatives such as ALD-52. The two are quite dissimilar drugs, for me. LSD is much more of a complete and well-rounded psychedelic experience. But 5-MeO-MiPT is more useful for when I want to address something specifically. It's more focused, in my experience. Less comfortable too, well especially the come-up, it can leave an imprint on you for the whole trip if you let it. It can also be really rolly and euphoric. I've had pretty varied responses from it. That said, it's one of my favorite tryptamines.

This may be an odd question but I’m curious on peoples thoughts..

have any of you ever heard “entheogenic” experiences on Amphetamine? My friend and I dosed 20 mg of adderall orally this morning and did a few small bumps of it later as well. Then we drove 2 hrs back to our hometown for this weekend.

In the car ride we had some extremely deep and emotional conversation. We talked about many things but the focus was on us voicing our psychological shortcomings and attempting to verbalize and really explore what it is that we feel is wrong with us, mentally that is

im reflecting back on that conversation now that I’m back to baseline and it really was one of the most positive drug experiences I’ve had in a while. Is this sort of psychedelic/entheogenic/trippi quality uncommon for Amphetamine? Were we just tweaking and deluded with how beneficial it really was?

id love to hear other peoples stories if they have them. I’ve read some trip reports on erowid that seem to match my experience but I’d love to hear more if anyone has something to share

oh and sorry to interrupt the RC talk, that write up was very informative @Xorkoth

The 5-Cl-AMT experiment has been interesting. In the last 4 hours, my pupils actually became much more dilated, and it seems stronger in some ways. I would say that this experience has been inconclusive. Enjoyable though.

My first few experiences with Adderall were really profound. I remember my first one, my friend and I ended up going on a long walk and talking about anything and everything, it was amazing. And my third experience, I had visuals, it was so incredible, my friend and I, and then my mom joined us (I hid the joint expertly, she is totally drug naïve, lol), and we talked about really deep shit for hours.

I think though that there is a large component of ego boost and thinking that what's happening is really amazing and special. I mean looking back on the experiences I mentioned, I don't think I really gained anything from them, other than a great memory. But amphetamine can have an empathogenic quality to it, and can facilitate a kind of openness that you maybe wouldn't have been willing to experience without it.

Yeah I definitely had increased visual acuity, brighter colors, etc

I can definitely see how it would be tricky to take something away from an amphetamine experience. That’s not necessarily a knock on it though, as I’ve had plenty of psychedelic experiences too that were just giggle fests, thinking I’ve found god in a banana and nothing really profound to take back. Sometimes the substance blesses us, other times it does not

The empathogenic qualities were definitely present (we were fresh off an mdma roll the night before too) and i definitely was more vulnerable than I would I have been sober. I think given proper respect it could be a useful substance in the arsenal. Definitely got much more out of it using it for conversation than for schoolwork lol

5-MeO-MiPT certainly has more bodyload and more energy than LSD and its close relatives such as ALD-52. The two are quite dissimilar drugs, for me. LSD is much more of a complete and well-rounded psychedelic experience. But 5-MeO-MiPT is more useful for when I want to address something specifically. It's more focused, in my experience. Less comfortable too, well especially the come-up, it can leave an imprint on you for the whole trip if you let it. It can also be really rolly and euphoric. I've had pretty varied responses from it. That said, it's one of my favorite tryptamines.
What's your go-to dose for 5-MeO-MiPT? And LSD/ALD-52 for that matter? I only did 100 mcg of the ALD-52 and I didn't feel shortchanged but I definitely want to go higher next time. My friend is coming over next week and we're planning to take something. I'm thinking either 125-150 mcg of the ALD-52 or maybe 100 mcg of ETH-LAD, which I haven't tried yet. I'm not sure if it would be more profitable to explore the ALD-52 while I'm still quite familiar with it, or perhaps come back to it later for the sake of preserving the novelty.

I really like 100ug, and 50ug too, but if I'm trying to have a proper trip I'd go for 200ug or more.

ETH-LAD is slightly more potent and is really strongly visual, it's definitely quite different from LSD.

I think dexamp has a lot of empathogenic (not entheogenic though) qualities yeah, and my second or third time with it, I threw in some weed and had some visuals (around when I had my first acid trips). But it's really a surface thing. Like one time, I drove 11 hours up to a friend's wedding with my wife, so I popped 20mg dexamp before leaving to help with driving fatigue. I talked her ear off for (literally) 8 hours straight till it finally began to wane and I grew tired and she looked at me and was like, "Holy shit it hasn't been quiet in this car in 8 hours honey!"

I'm kinda curious what mixing dexamp is like with a few psychedelics. I read a great report about dexamp+2C-D on erowid years back which sounded awesome, but my limited experiences with 2C-D have been way too headache ridden to return to it thus far.

This is an interesting discussion... the first (maybe only?) time I took some Adderall - this was at a weekend party that I was super sleep deprived going into, and I needed "something" to get into the mode, so my friend gave me an Adderall, maybe it was just a half - it totally felt like a light roll and threshold psychedelic experience. Colours were a bit more saturated, and edges more defined, just that tiny background hint of psychedelia. Reporting this to my friends, they had me convinced it was all in my head.. It was a pretty trippy party, and combined with the sleep deprivation, maybe the Adderall potentiated some endogenous tripping/contact high or something.

I'm kinda curious what mixing dexamp is like with a few psychedelics. I read a great report about dexamp+2C-D on erowid years back which sounded awesome, but my limited experiences with 2C-D have been way too headache ridden to return to it thus far.

I've noticed a few people I've given 2C-D to got headaches.. they've never blamed the 2C-D, but it seems like it might legit be a cause to me. I've not had that issue, but when I take it I always have the urge to drink a lot of water, which feels like it's preventing a potential headache. Like, I have this warning sign that I must drink water or else get headache, and I always listen to it and then don't get a headache.

I've noticed a few people I've given 2C-D to got headaches.. they've never blamed the 2C-D, but it seems like it might legit be a cause to me. I've not had that issue, but when I take it I always have the urge to drink a lot of water, which feels like it's preventing a potential headache. Like, I have this warning sign that I must drink water or else get headache, and I always listen to it and then don't get a headache.
Hmm... hydration isn't an issue for me, always drink 4+ liters daily. I really couldn't say what caused the headaches. I remember they got worse the higher I dosed. At 20-something mg it became pretty psychedelic and visual but my head felt about ready to explode.

Theta:

The 5-MeO-MiPT went good too. I rode my bike for like the first hour and a half until my legs started feeling a bit heavy and I started feeling a bit uncoordinated. I think the 5-MeO-MiPT was a bit more visual than the ALD-52, but on the ALD-52 I had more of a tendency to get lost in my thoughts. The 5-MeO-MiPT visuals felt very earthy and there was an oil painting sort of effect. There was a bit more body load with the 5-MeO-MiPT and it felt a bit frantic and discombobulated at a couple points, but that might have also been the fact that I had twice as much espresso the morning of.

Whereas I actually thought about a couple fairly dark things on the ALD-52, the experience itself never felt dark. The 5-MeO-MiPT seemed a bit more intrinsically strange and a little dark, even though I never explicitly dwelled on any negative ideas. Being among people on the 5-MeO-MiPT also felt somewhat uncomfortable, which was totally the opposite of how the ALD-52 felt. Overall the ALD-52 felt like a much richer experience and seemed to have more transformative potential.

The 5-MeO-MiPT body high was a quite sharp and distinctive feeling in my extremities. The ALD-52 body feeling was less overt and was more of a supreme relaxation, which I actually preferred. Taking a hot shower on the ALD-52 felt amazing as well. I actually read something you posted about 5-MeO-MiPT's duration being 10-11 hours and that ended up being right on the money for me. Although it was fairly subtle after the first five or so hours, it took about 11 hours before I was sure the experience was over. That's pretty cool that the overall 5-MeO-MiPT duration doesn't change much when vaped, I definitely want to try that soon.

One thing that kind of held me back from using psychedelics the past few years was that in my sober state I had accumulated all these irrational thoughts that I projected onto the psychedelic experience. I think it was mainly my abuse of dissociatives, which I think truly are drugs that induce psychotic patterns of thought, that led to this. However once I'm actually in the psychedelic experience I realize how crazy these thoughts are and I feel even more confident in my survival instincts than when sober. Any sort of obsessive-compulsive thought patterns I can also see right through and realize how silly they are. On the ALD-52 I thought about my use of dissociatives and I realized that I do regret abusing them to the extent that I did, but it was mostly a peaceful acceptance rather a self-flagellatory sort of realization. I'm just so glad that I've quit dissociatives for good because now the healing process will be continuous rather than intermittent.

Probably the best thing I noticed with the 5-MeO-MiPT but especially with the ALD-52 was how the smooth the descent was, absolutely no trace of headache which was a huge plus for me. I got absolutely brutal headaches on the comedown the past few times I used 2C-B and the one time I used 2C-B-FLY, along with more minor headaches from 2C-C and 2C-D. I used to love 2C-B and I've used it more than any other psychedelic but I probably won't use it again for this reason. 2C-C is even better than 2C-B I think, so I really hope it was just a one-time thing with 2C-C, but unfortunately there does seem to be a pattern with the phenethylamines giving me headaches on the comedown (6-APB, MDA & MDMA give me similar types of headaches on the comedown FWIW and that's one big reason I haven't rolled in a few years, although I would love to try AMT as it sounds absolutely beautiful).

Some people suspect the headaches are caused by rebound vasodilation but I've found vasoconstrictors like caffeine offer very little relief for these headaches. I think a better hypothesis is that prostaglandin E2, which is known to induce migraines, accumulates as a result of 5-HT2AR-mediated arachidonic acid activation. Acetaminophen stops these headaches in their tracks for me, and sure enough it's been show to inhibit prostaglandin E2 synthesis. Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the phenethylamines are more prone to inducing headache due to increased functional selectivity for the arachidonic acid pathway relative to tryptamines and lysergamides.

Edit: Thought I'd add that the day I took ALD-52 it was quite sunny while the next day it was quite blustery with dark skies, which may have influenced my perception of the 5-MeO-MiPT. Also have a great afterglow today with an uplifted mood and enhanced color saturation. I was able to make an 8 hour drive which I needed 4F-MPH to make last time and never really got frustrated despite being in the car for so long. I even felt like my focus was better and like I was less "on autopilot" than when I made the drive on 4F-MPH.

I'm glad to hear it, and appreciate the perspective. :) Honestly, if you think 8 mg of 5-MeO-MiPT orally is more visual than 100 µg of ALD-52 and lasts that long you may be closer to my sensitivity to it than most people we talk to about it after all. I agree quite a lot with basically everything you said about 5-MeO-MiPT, and can at least relate to the ALD-52 because of LSD. A lot of people seem to think that 5-MeO-MiPT is a good social psychedelic, but for me a lot of the experience before that much subtler trailing part feels a bit too heavy with a more classical tryptamine sort of feel, the trip is distinctly different from mushrooms but it's more like mushrooms like that where I feel a bit more introspective and overwhelmed if I try to pierce through it much; it's not the worst social psychedelic though and I do tend to enjoy being social in the later hours of tryptamine experiences in general. I do agree too that while set and setting of course may play a role, I find it to have a stranger and darker vibe than LSD typically, and this is something I actually find to be pretty common with tryptamines in general, but it's also something I find to be especially well-concentrated in some tryptamines more than others still and that so far does include the 5-methoxytryptamines we've tried to varying extents, though I'll note that 5-MeO-MiPT may be the least strange and dark of those for me so far (5-MeO-EiPT and 5-MeO-DiPT are the only meaningful points of comparison I have yet). It's something I've grown to like about them and tryptamines in general more over the years as I like how it provides a different perspective from the psychedelics I was more used to before, but especially because I still have those options too, I wouldn't want to pick one over the other(s).

I will say, there's something I've actually started to wonder about psychedelic durations oral vs smoked (or other) particularly as a result of a lot of tryptamine smoking we've been doing recently.... You may already be aware of it but just in case you're not, there's this old quirky scientific observation about LSD that has always provided questions for researchers about how it actually works that essentially is that if LSD is given by IV administration to human volunteers, certain effects do start kicking in pretty much immediately as would generally be expected, but for the most part it still rises up slowly over the next half hour to an hour before it can really be considered peaking and still continues to transform and last like an entire half a day at least in basically the same way that would be expected from the moment an oral or sublingual dose really started kicking in, which, of course, seems really strange. It led to the theory that perhaps the effect of LSD is mediated not by an immediate effect on the person's neurochemistry, but by triggering some sort of signaling cascade which then continues to run on its own and requires a certain amount of time to build up and then slowly come back down no matter how quickly it's triggered, and while I and I don't think scientists would say that theory has exactly been proven, I think it's notable that there have been some "triggered cascade" mechanisms recently found to play important roles in at least some of the effects of things like psychedelics and dissociatives, like their so-called rapid-acting antidepressant effects. On the other hand, the effects of DMT smoked compared to taken orally clearly seem to suggest that powerful psychedelic effects can come on practically immediately and come down similarly rapidly in tandem with the metabolic half-life of the molecule producing them, suggesting that there must be more to the big picture of what's really going on here.

The first thing that really made us begin to question is when we noticed that smoking MET, the effect was pretty similar to smoking DMT both in terms of tripping particularly hard for the first ~20 minutes and then had an afterglow that made us feel good for quite some time afterwards, except that whereas on DMT it really does feel primarily like a "glow" where we're amazed and happy but not much more, on MET the state still had an additional stimulating energy and mental trippiness with some geometric imagery still going in the mind's eye and everything, and it felt more like, though still not at the level of, the later hours of LSD than the afterglow of DMT ever did. Smoking MPT turned out to be the same way but even stronger, more like DMT for the first ~20 minutes but then slowly developing a more LSD-like effect that lasted for several hours after that with decent visuals and headspace, again not so DMT-like like the beginning but more LSD-like, and then we tried taking MPT orally, and the effect was notably more like just taking LSD orally except with hallucinations and dissociative effects more like DMT occurring a bit more simultaneously at least the beginning, slowly transforming into just the more subtle lasting high again as the hours went on, and lasting a fairly similar amount to the "afterglow" of smoking it did. The same sort of difference turned out to seem pretty relevant for MiPT too, and now we've started to realize the same for 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-EiPT after smoking them, they produce effects closer to smoked DMT than what they produce orally, though also closer to what we've heard about 5-MeO-DMT but can't yet compare to directly, for around the first hour or so, and then produce stronger LSD-like lasting states of energy, more simplistic but externalized visual distortions, and so on, and these 5-methoxytryptamines are even more visual and longer-lasting than the base tryptamines for us in this way, we felt that good state, though subtle, for practically the whole day after we smoked that ~5 mg of 5-MeO-MiPT yesterday morning until we passed out on the couch smoking cannabis later in the evening. So, basically what I have to wonder now, especially given that it's known that psychedelics can activate 5-HT2A receptors in multiple distinct ways simultaneously and in different ratios to one another (functional selectivity), is it possible that there are at least two distinct types of psychedelic states that are produced somewhat selectively by DMT and LSD, respectively, with the former being an immediate one that ends as soon as the drug leaves the receptor while the latter is the one involving a triggered cascade that has to slowly build up and come down even after the drug is out of your system? Obviously I can't say for sure, but just thought it might be worth putting out there for the sake of keeping in mind when making future oral vs smoking/vaporizing tryptamine comparisons, I think it seems like a potentially interesting avenue of exploration.

I get that about dissociatives too, we never used them that much but did go through a phase of using nitrous oxide every single time we took a psychedelic to help us push deeper and deeper and get over some past anxieties we had built up about it, and I do feel that that legitimately helped us, but by the end it was starting to make us feel a bit crazy and seemed like it was taking over the focus of a lot of our trips too, so we pretty much stopped doing it and haven't looked back since. I'm glad to hear that you're past your abusive phase with them and in a happier state of mind about it all now too. :)

That is too bad about the headaches you get with phenethylamines too, but you're certainly not the first I've heard say that. For what it's worth, psilocin is supposedly highly selective for the arachidonic acid pathway of the 5-HT2A receptor and psilocybin has already been shown to cause delayed, transient headaches in a large number of healthy volunteers (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3345296/), so you might want to factor that into any tryptamine considerations you make (speaking from experience, all tryptamines have similarities but the 4-substituted, 5-substituted, and base ones definitely have consistent differences, so it won't necessarily apply to them all similarly).

Thanks again for sharing. :)

This may be an odd question but I’m curious on peoples thoughts..

have any of you ever heard “entheogenic” experiences on Amphetamine? My friend and I dosed 20 mg of adderall orally this morning and did a few small bumps of it later as well. Then we drove 2 hrs back to our hometown for this weekend.

In the car ride we had some extremely deep and emotional conversation. We talked about many things but the focus was on us voicing our psychological shortcomings and attempting to verbalize and really explore what it is that we feel is wrong with us, mentally that is

im reflecting back on that conversation now that I’m back to baseline and it really was one of the most positive drug experiences I’ve had in a while. Is this sort of psychedelic/entheogenic/trippi quality uncommon for Amphetamine? Were we just tweaking and deluded with how beneficial it really was?

id love to hear other peoples stories if they have them. I’ve read some trip reports on erowid that seem to match my experience but I’d love to hear more if anyone has something to share

oh and sorry to interrupt the RC talk, that write up was very informative @Xorkoth

For what it's worth, a study measuring the capacity of psilocybin to occasion "mystical experiences" using methylphenidate as a reference compound found that "22 of the total group of 36 volunteers had a 'complete' mystical experience after psilocybin (ten, nine, and three participants in the first, second, and third session, respectively) while only 4 of 36 did so after methylphenidate (two participants each in the first and second sessions)" and that "67% of the volunteers rated the experience with psilocybin to be either the single most meaningful experience of his or her life or among the top five most meaningful experiences of his or her life" but that "[a]fter methylphenidate, in contrast, 8% of volunteers rated the experience to be among the top five (but not the single most) spiritually significant experiences." They conclude in saying that "Seventy-nine percent of the volunteers rated that the psilocybin experience increased their current sense of personal well being or life satisfaction 'moderately' {50%} or 'very much' {29%}, in contrast to 17 and 4%, respectively, after methylphenidate. No volunteer rated either the psilocybin or methylphenidate experience as having decreased their sense of well being or life satisfaction." (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00213-006-0457-5)

Now, that all sounds negative for methylphenidate in comparison to psilocybin, but let me rephrase it this way: when 36 volunteers were given methylphenidate, 4 of them had a "complete" mystical experience, 8% of them rated the experience to be among the top five most spiritually significant experiences of his or her life, 17% say that the experience increased their current sense of personal well being or life satisfaction "moderately", and 4% say it did so "very much", and none of them said it decreased their sense of well being or life satisfaction.

In my opinion, for the most part, if something feels good, it can probably do some good, that just still has to be actively weighed against all the other pros and cons about it and about any other available options too.

I can definitely see how it would be tricky to take something away from an amphetamine experience. That’s not necessarily a knock on it though, as I’ve had plenty of psychedelic experiences too that were just giggle fests, thinking I’ve found god in a banana and nothing really profound to take back. Sometimes the substance blesses us, other times it does not

This.

(we were fresh off an mdma roll the night before too)

The above all being said, I'd be willing to bet this played some role too. Staying awake and adding any extra highs whatsoever to a fading MDMA roll starting around three and a half to four hours in starts to bring out a psychedelic experience for me.

The 5-Cl-AMT experiment has been interesting. In the last 4 hours, my pupils actually became much more dilated, and it seems stronger in some ways. I would say that this experience has been inconclusive. Enjoyable though.

Interesting.... I think it's definitely safe to assume that this could be a weird one until it proves itself to be otherwise based on its unique polypharmacology. Seems forgiving enough so far at least though. And thanks for the updates once again. :)

Last edited:
I will say that as the night went on it felt more and more serotonergic and I even started to get a bit overloaded feeling. And this morning I am really exhausted and lethargic, I don't feel great, though I got kind of drunk in the wee hours of the morning in an attempt to be able to sleep. Which worked. I don't drink very often these days and it gives me worse hangovers than it used to.

My feeling about it is that it may inhibit MAO enzymes quite powerfully and for a long time. Does it make pharmacological sense that if it substantially tied up my enzymes (or even is an irreversible MAOI?), the concentration of monoamines in the synapse would slowly increase as time went on? I became a little bit sketched out much later in the night. But I also started withdrawing from gabapentin so there was that factor at play.

Inconclusive. I think I need to wait until I'm off the gabapentin and feeling better and try again at this level.

It was odd how the first half of it felt utterly benign, but it started to feel less benign after I expected it to be on the decline. It started to feel much more AMT-like at like 13 hours in, I was even moving my limbs the same way and feeling myself compelled to make random syllable vocalizations to myself (something odd that AMT does specifically to me).

Hmm... hydration isn't an issue for me, always drink 4+ liters daily. I really couldn't say what caused the headaches. I remember they got worse the higher I dosed. At 20-something mg it became pretty psychedelic and visual but my head felt about ready to explode.
That's a bummer. Yeah I'm not a big water drinker in my normal routine. I don't think I go around dehydrated, but I'm sure I drink a lot less than you unless I'm working in the heat.

This headache thing is really too bad because it does seem like it randomly affects some people and not others. I really love 2C-D and always want to share it, but this puts a damper on it.

Theta:

I will say, there's something I've actually started to wonder about psychedelic durations oral vs smoked (or other) particularly as a result of a lot of tryptamine smoking we've been doing recently.... You may already be aware of it but just in case you're not, there's this old quirky scientific observation about LSD that has always provided questions for researchers about how it actually works that essentially is that if LSD is given by IV administration to human volunteers, certain effects do start kicking in pretty much immediately as would generally be expected, but for the most part it still rises up slowly over the next half hour to an hour before it can really be considered peaking and still continues to transform and last like an entire half a day at least in basically the same way that would be expected from the moment an oral or sublingual dose really started kicking in, which, of course, seems really strange. It led to the theory that perhaps the effect of LSD is mediated not by an immediate effect on the person's neurochemistry, but by triggering some sort of signaling cascade which then continues to run on its own and requires a certain amount of time to build up and then slowly come back down no matter how quickly it's triggered, and while I and I don't think scientists would say that theory has exactly been proven, I think it's notable that there have been some "triggered cascade" mechanisms recently found to play important roles in at least some of the effects of things like psychedelics and dissociatives, like their so-called rapid-acting antidepressant effects. On the other hand, the effects of DMT smoked compared to taken orally clearly seem to suggest that powerful psychedelic effects can come on practically immediately and come down similarly rapidly in tandem with the metabolic half-life of the molecule producing them, suggesting that there must be most to the big picture of what's really going on here.

The first thing that really made us begin to question is when we noticed that smoking MET, the effect was pretty similar to smoking DMT both in terms of tripping particularly hard for the first ~20 minutes and then had an afterglow that made us feel good for quite some time afterwards, except that whereas on DMT it really does feel primarily like a "glow" where we're amazed and happy but not much more, on MET the state still had an additional stimulating energy and mental trippiness with some geometric imagery still going in the mind's eye and everything, and it felt more like, though still not at the level of, the later hours of LSD than the afterglow of DMT ever did. Smoking MPT turned out to be the same way but even stronger, more like DMT for the first ~20 minutes but then slowly developing a more LSD-like effect that lasted for several hours after that with decent visuals and headspace, again not so DMT-like like the beginning but more LSD-like, and then we tried taking MPT orally, and the effect was notably more like just taking LSD orally except with hallucinations and dissociative effects more like DMT occurring a bit more simultaneously at least the beginning, slowly transforming into just the more subtle lasting high again as the hours went on, and lasting a fairly similar amount to the "afterglow" of smoking it did. The same sort of difference turned out to seem pretty relevant for MiPT too, and now we've started to realize the same for 5-MeO-MiPT and 5-MeO-EiPT after smoking them, they produce effects closer to smoked DMT than what they produce orally, though also closer to what we've heard about 5-MeO-DMT but can't yet compare to directly, for around the first hour or so, and then produce stronger LSD-like lasting states of energy, more simplistic but externalized visual distortions, and so on, and these 5-methoxytryptamines are even more visual and longer-lasting than the base tryptamines for us in this way, we felt that good state, though subtle, for practically the whole day after we smoked that ~5 mg of 5-MeO-MiPT yesterday morning until we passed out on the couch smoking cannabis later in the evening. So, basically what I have to wonder now, especially given that it's known that psychedelics can activate 5-HT2A receptors in multiple distinct ways simultaneously and in different ratios to one another (functional selectivity), is it possible that there are at least two distinct types of psychedelic states that are produced somewhat selectively by DMT and LSD, respectively, with the former being an immediate one that ends as soon as the drug leaves the receptor while the latter is the one involving a triggered cascade that has to slowly build up and come down even after the drug is out of your system? Obviously I can't say for sure, but just thought it might be worth putting out there for the sake of keeping in mind when making future oral vs smoking/vaporizing tryptamine comparisons, I think it seems like a potentially interesting avenue of exploration.
So essentially you're suggesting that LSD and some others might activate an intracellular pathway which is self-sustainable or perhaps just longer-lasting, so that that once activated it is independent of whether or not the drug is still bound? Whereas DMT's effects might not be self-sustaining, so that once it unbinds the signaling cascade is immediately terminated? Although I do wonder whether the longer alkyl chains of MET and MPT might inhibit their activity as substrates for monoamine oxidase, through a steric hindrance sort of effect, and explain some of the extended duration you noticed.

Regardless that is an extremely interesting proposition. I wonder whether you could apply it to the DOx compounds, which from what I've read seem to have extremely long onset times. DOC, for example, isn't extremely lipophilic and it's pKa shouldn't be much different from 2C-C, so it wouldn't be expected to have much longer of a come-up. From what I've read though, it seems to take 2-3 hours to fully manifest. I always wondered what could be responsible for such a long period of latency, but what you've suggested seems like it could explain this.

The only other thing I could think of which might explain LSD's especially long duration is that its mean residence time at the 5-HT2A receptor is quite long. I'm sure you've seen the crystal structure (technically they used the 5-HT2B receptor, but there is a high degree of homology) studies of LSD where they found that a sort of "lid" closes over the binding pocket and stabilizes the binding. In this study they found the mean residence time of LSD was 220 minutes, which means that all but 1-(1/e) or about 63% of stable binding conformations will have decayed after this period of time. This is an extremely long residence time and is probably due to the "lid" effect. For reference, the incredibly high affinity opioid carfentanil only has a residence time of about 5 minutes. Honestly though, unless there's a sort of "lid" effect going on with the DOx as well, which given how structurally different they are it doesn't seem obvious that would be the case, your theory seems like it would be more inclusive in explaining why their onset and duration is so long.

Thanks for pointing out that psilocybin is extremely selective for AA, as I hadn't seen that before. I remember seeing the study you mentioned but I guess that's not surprising as I have seen people mention getting headaches from tryptamines as well.

Fascinating stuff though. I've actually got some MPT fumarate that I think I will experiment with soon. I've only seen reports for the freebase on here but I figure the fumarate might be about 2/3 as potent by weight. I haven't seen anyone report on plugging it so I may try that, but I will definitely try orally as well to see how it lines up with your reports.

Honestly though, unless there's a sort of "lid" effect going on with the DOx as well, which given how structurally different they are it doesn't seem obvious that would be the case, your theory seems like it would be more inclusive in explaining why their onset and duration is so long.

Actually, in one of the DOX entries in PIHKAL, Shulgin states that, I think it was DOB, was found to accumulate in the lungs first, and then metabolize into some active metabolite that enters the system. So not so much a "lid" effect as a complex, delayed-reaction metabolic pathway.

Just saw someone on reddit asking whether they should take LSZ. What gives? Is it back or has this person merely got their hands on a very old batch of the stuff?

I just found that entry and wow, that's quite interesting. I'm surprised that's not talked about more. I was also able to find a study Shulgin did with radiolabled DOI and they found the same sort of accumulation in the lungs, but it didn't occur with radiolabled 2C-I.

If there is an active metabolite I wonder what it would be. I was able to find a study that showed the primary metabolite of DOB was 2-methoxy-5-hydroxy-4-bromoamphetamine, but this metabolite still only reached plasma levels about 20% of what DOB reached. Are you aware if Shulgin ever experimented with 5-hydroxy phenethylamines? All that said, it still seems reasonable that the DOx compounds would be active in their own right considering they are extremely high affinity agonists at the 5-HT2A receptor.

Theta:

I will say that as the night went on it felt more and more serotonergic and I even started to get a bit overloaded feeling. And this morning I am really exhausted and lethargic, I don't feel great, though I got kind of drunk in the wee hours of the morning in an attempt to be able to sleep. Which worked. I don't drink very often these days and it gives me worse hangovers than it used to.

My feeling about it is that it may inhibit MAO enzymes quite powerfully and for a long time. Does it make pharmacological sense that if it substantially tied up my enzymes (or even is an irreversible MAOI?), the concentration of monoamines in the synapse would slowly increase as time went on? I became a little bit sketched out much later in the night. But I also started withdrawing from gabapentin so there was that factor at play.

Inconclusive. I think I need to wait until I'm off the gabapentin and feeling better and try again at this level.

It was odd how the first half of it felt utterly benign, but it started to feel less benign after I expected it to be on the decline. It started to feel much more AMT-like at like 13 hours in, I was even moving my limbs the same way and feeling myself compelled to make random syllable vocalizations to myself (something odd that AMT does specifically to me).

That is interesting and we again appreciate the update. We're actually thinking about trying this tomorrow during a currently very rare combination of good set and setting and company of a close friend, so if we do we'll be able to provide a bit more perspective afterward; we're thinking about starting as high as 10 mg, but not totally decided on the dosage yet.

I mean, that sounds reasonable enough as a MAOI effect, but I'm not sure the evidence necessarily points to it likely being that powerful of a MAOI at that dosage. Even AMT is only said to have similar MAO-A inhibition properties similar in potency to harmaline, which requires something like 150 mg for strong inhibition and 300 mg for maximum inhibition if I'm not mistaken, though we're not particularly experienced with harmala alkaloids. You surely shouldn't take this thought as scientific evidence to base safety decisions on, but I honestly wonder how much the MAOI effects of AMT even matter at the certainly relatively tiny dosages that were used pharmaceutically as an antidepressant, it seems like they could probably be pretty easily explained by things like the stimulant and empathogen effects....

So essentially you're suggesting that LSD and some others might activate an intracellular pathway which is self-sustainable or perhaps just longer-lasting, so that that once activated it is independent of whether or not the drug is still bound? Whereas DMT's effects might not be self-sustaining, so that once it unbinds the signaling cascade is immediately terminated? Although I do wonder whether the longer alkyl chains of MET and MPT might inhibit their activity as substrates for monoamine oxidase, through a steric hindrance sort of effect, and explain some of the extended duration you noticed.

Regardless that is an extremely interesting proposition. I wonder whether you could apply it to the DOx compounds, which from what I've read seem to have extremely long onset times. DOC, for example, isn't extremely lipophilic and it's pKa shouldn't be much different from 2C-C, so it wouldn't be expected to have much longer of a come-up. From what I've read though, it seems to take 2-3 hours to fully manifest. I always wondered what could be responsible for such a long period of latency, but what you've suggested seems like it could explain this.

The only other thing I could think of which might explain LSD's especially long duration is that its mean residence time at the 5-HT2A receptor is quite long. I'm sure you've seen the crystal structure (technically they used the 5-HT2B receptor, but there is a high degree of homology) studies of LSD where they found that a sort of "lid" closes over the binding pocket and stabilizes the binding. In this study they found the mean residence time of LSD was 220 minutes, which means that all but 1-(1/e) or about 63% of stable binding conformations will have decayed after this period of time. This is an extremely long residence time and is probably due to the "lid" effect. For reference, the incredibly high affinity opioid carfentanil only has a residence time of about 5 minutes. Honestly though, unless there's a sort of "lid" effect going on with the DOx as well, which given how structurally different they are it doesn't seem obvious that would be the case, your theory seems like it would be more inclusive in explaining why their onset and duration is so long.

Thanks for pointing out that psilocybin is extremely selective for AA, as I hadn't seen that before. I remember seeing the study you mentioned but I guess that's not surprising as I have seen people mention getting headaches from tryptamines as well.

Fascinating stuff though. I've actually got some MPT fumarate that I think I will experiment with soon. I've only seen reports for the freebase on here but I figure the fumarate might be about 2/3 as potent by weight. I haven't seen anyone report on plugging it so I may try that, but I will definitely try orally as well to see how it lines up with your reports.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm thinking, and an interesting note on the self-sustainable vs just longer-lasting, because I've kind of been curious about whether this might have any relation to things like psychotic or manic episodes building up, and perhaps psychedelic-related psychoses as well by that logic, like maybe it's that sort of activity building up which is normally just longer-lasting but beyond a certain point becomes more completely self-sustainable and inflexible? That's just something I've been asking myself in passing though. I also definitely agree that some MAO resistance of things like MET and MPT is probably contributing, I just feel like our experiences and observations seem to point to more than that so far too.

As Xorkoth referenced above, to my knowledge it's believed that some of the slow onset of the DOx molecules is related to them forming active metabolites that also have to slowly build up, and a scientific study has shown this to be the case in rats with DOM and its 2- and 5-demethyl metabolites (https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/o-desmethyl-dom.behavioral.characterization.pdf); this being said, 2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamines in general including the 2C-x group have been demonstrated to go through the same sorts of transformations, so again this doesn't seem to me like it could explain the entire situation. For what it's worth, I think the 2-3 hour estimation could still be underestimating it, as I can definitely still DOB climbing six hours in, and long after the psychedelic effects initially begin, and it and the other DOx molecules we've used do in fact go from more alike the more heavy and sedating and visionary DMT-like effects in the earlier hours to less visually complex but more stimulating and euphoric in the later hours too. With respect to the comparison, something that actually really interests me is the fact that, for example, I already have felt enough to explicitly describe 2C-C as being more similar to DMT and DOC being more similar to LSD in comparison to one another at least for me, in ways I could elaborate on if you care to hear it but just take my word for now, and 2C-C for me is definitely over within a matter of hours, whereas DOC begins to transform in not many more hours than that, but can easily be felt at least thirty hours after dosing in the way that a trailing LSD trip is felt for us, not as long but still similarly. I definitely think there's something to the idea, but of course it's my idea.

I won't get too heavily into the theoretical stuff in this post, but will just say as potential further anecdotal evidence, while investigating this phenomenon and other aspects of smoking tryptamine research chemicals very frequently (as well as just getting super high) we recently smoked 15 mg of 5-MeO-EiPT and this secondary, more LSD-like phase was so heavy that it was almost completely manic and psychotic and involved extensive vivid conversations with internal religious entities and extremely complex and disturbing visionary hallucinations and such, peaking for a few days and then very slowly fading down to relative normalcy again after a couple weeks, which really freaked us out at first obviously, but it was first of all clear to us how we had pushed ourselves, and we also were able to find a lot of comfort in comparing our experience to what the online 5-MeO-DMT communities seem to call "reactivations" where a super powerful trip of the nature of what 5-MeO-DMT and obviously some of its analogues can provide basically seems to keep the around like a persisting state for a while as you very, very slowly reintegrate. What particularly interests me about this state in retrospect though is that I've been able to draw a surprising number of comparisons to our past experiences with deliriants like a decade ago now, which I find so particularly interesting because when we took diphenhydramine, which also only has a like 4-9 hour half-life for the record, it would also take several hours for the complete delirium to develop and most of the bodily effects and stuff would have faded by then, and the delirium could easily last over a day and be felt lingering for days, with very high dosage delirium reports well-known to produce delirium lasting several days and taking weeks to return to full normalcy. Similarly, DOx molecules are often claimed by many to produce LSD-like effects for an LSD-like duration at "normal" dosages, but when pushed can produce 30+ hour trips of massive stimulation and heavy hallucinations that are not uncommonly noted as darker and more fucked up than the kinds of visuals people are used to. Again, I can't prove anything, but I can't help notice the similarities here, and at least think they're worth pointing out for the consideration of others.... This is again part of why I'm thinking this sort of mechanism could be somewhat related to psychotic-type states more so in general though, it seems plausible to me to be the kind of things multiple different external and internal stimuli could trigger and cause to build up enough over time.

Yeah, we are familiar with the study about LSD and the "lid" in the 5-HT2B receptor too, and that is pretty fascinating. LSD is clearly a very complex molecule and I'm sure there's a lot going on with it.... I do think it sticking around that long could potentially help explain multiple things in this instance too, like maybe why some of why the stronger effects it has at the beginning of the trip still hang around as much as they do through the later phases, or how it manages to build up the later phase so heavily compared to a lot of other psychedelics, but again, I'm basically just guessing for fun at this point. It is pretty fun, though. I will say I notably don't think the lid explanation would necessarily really explain the delay in effect the way the cascade trigger theory would, even if it helped to explain the total duration.

And no problem, happy to share. :) I'm really looking forward to hearing what you'll have to say about the MPT too. I think what we have might be the fumarate too.... We haven't plugged it but the oral route definitely has my recommendation, though it may not be the most cost-effective depending on your sensitivity to it, but I'm currently optimistic given that you're as sensitive as you are to 5-MeO-MiPT too.

Just saw someone on reddit asking whether they should take LSZ. What gives? Is it back or has this person merely got their hands on a very old batch of the stuff?

It's back, I saw it yesterday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.