• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found that entry and wow, that's quite interesting. I'm surprised that's not talked about more. I was also able to find a study Shulgin did with radiolabled DOI and they found the same sort of accumulation in the lungs, but it didn't occur with radiolabled 2C-I.

If there is an active metabolite I wonder what it would be. I was able to find a study that showed the primary metabolite of DOB was 2-methoxy-5-hydroxy-4-bromoamphetamine, but this metabolite still only reached plasma levels about 20% of what DOB reached. Are you aware if Shulgin ever experimented with 5-hydroxy phenethylamines? All that said, it still seems reasonable that the DOx compounds would be active in their own right considering they are extremely high affinity agonists at the 5-HT2A receptor.

Yeah I really don't understand what's happening with the DOXs. I wonder if Shulgin was speculating about the secondary metabolites? It does seem clear they go to the lungs before reaching the brain. Or maybe they also go to the lungs? Not sure if anyone really knows, but it goes to show that the total picture of what goes on with mind-altering drugs is really not as clear as we like to think.

I've got a bunch of Morning Glory seeds, did some of you have a lot of physical discomfort with them?

I tried HBWR seeds twice a long time ago now, and I got no psychedelic effects, but I got really ill on them instead. Had to spend the whole time in bed, super weak (unable to move limbs), almost fainting, eyes tearing up, never comfortable, fucking agony. But I never figured out if it was the batch, or me. Very strange.
Btw, someone synthed 1cp-AL-LAD, I haven't seen any reports yet.

Zeta:

We can get a sort of bad body load from morning glory seeds, but it hasn't been as bad as you describe for the Hawaiian baby woodrose, but we also didn't get much body load the one time we tried that. It usually passed on the morning glory seeds by the time the trip really began, but that sometimes took a couple hours. It mostly feels like a weird and nauseous sedation until the energy of the trip starts kicking in.

Morning glory seeds produce nausea for me, or at least they used to. but after a few hours I felt great. HBWR is totally different and produces vasoconstriction to the point of awful muscle cramps, nausea, and an overall bad feeling.

I've got a bunch of Morning Glory seeds, did some of you have a lot of physical discomfort with them?
I tried HBWR seeds twice a long time ago now, and I got no psychedelic effects, but I got really ill on them instead. Had to spend the whole time in bed, super weak (unable to move limbs), almost fainting, eyes tearing up, never comfortable, fucking agony. But I never figured out if it was the batch, or me. Very strange.
Btw, someone synthed 1cp-AL-LAD, I haven't seen any reports yet.

I suspect that there are two important factors here:
(a) freshness. Old seeds seem to produce terrible bodyload and minimal psychedelia. Very fresh seeds, the opposite.
(b) digestion. Seeds are hard to digest. Ever see corn in your poop? You don't want all those 5-HT ligands leeching out into your colon, causing cramping. You want them to absorb in your upper GI tract. Best way to do that is by extracting the goodies beforehand in something like, say, cold water.
Yeah I really don't understand what's happening with the DOXs. I wonder if Shulgin was speculating about the secondary metabolites? It does seem clear they go to the lungs before reaching the brain. Or maybe they also go to the lungs? Not sure if anyone really knows, but it goes to show that the total picture of what goes on with mind-altering drugs is really not as clear as we like to think.

Theta:
As Xorkoth referenced above, to my knowledge it's believed that some of the slow onset of the DOx molecules is related to them forming active metabolites that also have to slowly build up, and a scientific study has shown this to be the case in rats with DOM and its 2- and 5-demethyl metabolites (https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/o-desmethyl-dom.behavioral.characterization.pdf); this being said, 2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamines in general including the 2C-x group have been demonstrated to go through the same sorts of transformations, so again this doesn't seem to me like it could explain the entire situation. For what it's worth, I think the 2-3 hour estimation could still be underestimating it, as I can definitely still DOB climbing six hours in, and long after the psychedelic effects initially begin, and it and the other DOx molecules we've used do in fact go from more alike the more heavy and sedating and visionary DMT-like effects in the earlier hours to less visually complex but more stimulating and euphoric in the later hours too. With respect to the comparison, something that actually really interests me is the fact that, for example, I already have felt enough to explicitly describe 2C-C as being more similar to DMT and DOC being more similar to LSD in comparison to one another at least for me, in ways I could elaborate on if you care to hear it but just take my word for now, and 2C-C for me is definitely over within a matter of hours, whereas DOC begins to transform in not many more hours than that, but can easily be felt at least thirty hours after dosing in the way that a trailing LSD trip is felt for us, not as long but still similarly. I definitely think there's something to the idea, but of course it's my idea.

I definitely often wonder if metabolites are a factor in the experience of a drug changing dramatically over the course of an experience. 5-MeO-MiPT, for instance. That said, the math doesn't usually work out. Yes, some 5-MeO-MiPT is metabolized into 4-HO-MiPT, but only tiny percentage of a 5mg dose of 5-MeO-MiPT over a long period of time. It might have an impact, but it's hard to imagine it being super significant.

The issue with ascribing the long comeup of DOx to the wait for active metabolites to be made is that onset of vaped or IV DOx is supposedly almost instantaneous. The same can't be said of, say, LSD.

I'm excited about that one, too. :) I haven't ordered any yet though.

Just sniffed 50mgs of MXiPr on its own.

Have another 50mgs left, may not redose gotta see how far this takes me and i have to be at work at 3pm tommorow. So what i will do is sleep until like 1pm and then take shower and get in cab and head over. My buddy threw that one in as surprise love you man i can feel it building. Drip taste fucking crazy last time i was so high on benzos i didnt notice. Also got these three to play with, gonna be a swirly festivus 😛

100mgs ~ DCK

160mgs ~ aMT

100mgs ~ 5-CL-aMT

Feel so euphoric right now holy crap guys i wanna do the rest but im gonna wait a little while. Feel like i could just about slip threw the floorboards into a puddle of feel good dissos bliss <3

Feel so euphoric right now holy crap guys i wanna do the rest but im gonna wait a little while. Feel like i could just about slip threw the floorboards into a puddle of feel good dissos bliss <3
Sounds nice could really go for a dissociatve trip but am saving the last 40mgs of my mxe to plug on a psych when I'm in the mood for a deep trip. Might actually split it over the coarse of 2 trips to make it last.

Thinking maybe of taking a bit of 2c-b+2c-p later this week.

This stuff is really promising so glad i got to try it on its own, thinking about racking up the rest and going for a M-Hole. But even just at this functional level its a really enjoyable drug my favorite Dissos alongside Methoxetamine at this point. That being said i havent got my hands on DMXE just yet but this one is wonderful regardless, stock up if you can...seriously this is something to write home about. Its sort of empathogenic in ways almost one of the warmest dissos i ever touched.

Justs sniffed last of the MXiPr now, groundbreaking.
Time to melt into my bed.

Will be posting a report on Thursday.
Just started that album again @phenethylo J

thank you :)

Love me russian electronic musical dreamscape...

eugene-chekhov-sovietwave.jpg

Last edited:

....Snooted another 30mgs...

Saving the last lines before i walk into cook.
Yes i do'z it like that😛

Status
Not open for further replies.