• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butter chicken sounds kinda disgusting to me :\

I sometimes forget that most of you guys have American accents except for solipsis who would have a sweet Dutch twang. You realise that I think and say 'budder' not butter? There's no t in that word. In fact, its more like 'budd-ah' in Australian.

I heard American accents on TV and you guys are like those freaks for the most part.

Need sleep :)

Ah yeah. I'm turned on already.

We got bagseed who would sound all germanic and stern no doubt. ;)

Llama would be just indecipherable gargling.

<3

I dunno why and I know better, but I imagine Help?!?? having a sort of British butlers accent.

Austrian accent, actually. our german sounds pretty different from what Germans talk like ;) not at all "germanic"

I sometimes forget that most of you guys have American accents except for solipsis who would have a sweet Dutch twang. You realise that I think and say 'budder' not butter? There's no t in that word. In fact, its more like 'budd-ah' in Australian.

I heard American accents on TV and you guys are like those freaks for the most part.

Over here we pronounce butter like "budd-er"... we do a lot of softening consonants but also always hard Rs (errrrrrrrr). Actually there are a lot of different accents in America. Lots of different regional slang too. The northeast sounds a certain way, the southeast sounds a certain way, the midwest sounds a certain way, the west, and the southwest. And there's quite a bit of variation within those regions too... some cities (like Chicago) have their own accent unique to the city. But there's sort of a neutral TV/news/advertising accent that's probably what the rest of the world thinks we all sound like. Also I've noticed that younger generations seem to be slowly merging into that one American accent.

I actually have a slight Southern drawl I'd say. Not sure what normal 'American' sounds like. Probably something akin to a British actor doing an American accent. It's always easy to tell lol.

I sound like my parents in a backwoods hick sort of way. Any time I go to a major city I get asked where I am from, even in the deep south. When I was in school they discouraged us speaking in the local accent. They said it would hurt our chances of finding employment. Personally, I enjoy it when people assume I am stupid because of the way a sound.

I love those kinds of accents, it's a shame they're probably slowly disappearing. It's a colourful part of our world.

Have any of you heard any of the strong east coast canadian accents? So interesting..

Ah yeah. I'm turned on already.

We got bagseed who would sound all germanic and stern no doubt. ;)

Llama would be just indecipherable gargling.

<3
nah just standard american english man we dont have a southern accent or anything man being this isnt the south.

I love those kinds of accents, it's a shame they're probably slowly disappearing. It's a colourful part of our world.

They are disappearing, I've been asked where I am from while attending a party 10 minutes from where I grew up. People 10 years younger than myself sound nothing like I do. :(

I may have the voice of a Butler but at least I'm the fanciest caliber! I'll upload a soubdcloud of my seriously sensual voice, all you had to do was ask! Just promise not to get too wet ..!;)

i wanna hit southeast asia so bad
not just for drugs mind you
it seems chill as shit as in hectic which is right up my alley.
the pace of life sounds so much faster
and like street noodles and shit
not that i wouldnt do speed over there, i would and then find the expats to kick it with
i could teach english and shit. i speak english so i think it would work.
for real if i taught them english theyd get jobs mad easy cause theyd know how to talk like an american and theyd know whats cool in america and shit

Having trouble sleeping tonight, thinking too much about yesterday. Sick of attending funerals due to opioid ODs and seeing how much it hurts the family and friends of those that slip up and never wake back up. I thought I was numb to it after attending so many but going yesterday just brought up so many memories of friends that aren't here anymore. I keep wondering who's next because I know I'm going to another one in 3-6 months. ;/

LSDMDMA&14308687 said:
i wanna hit southeast asia so bad
not just for drugs mind you
it seems chill as shit as in hectic which is right up my alley.
the pace of life sounds so much faster
and like street noodles and shit
not that i wouldnt do speed over there, i would and then find the expats to kick it with
i could teach english and shit. i speak english so i think it would work.
for real if i taught them english theyd get jobs mad easy cause theyd know how to talk like an american and theyd know whats cool in america and shit

It isn't hard to get a job teaching English in Asia but the pay isn't too good. My friend has been over there for 15 years and he loves it but it took him many years to find a school that treated him well. He lives in Thailand. I've wanted to go over there for a long time but I've never managed to save up the money.

I had another good one but I was pretty high and accidentally clipped it up with dem skissors..
https://soundcloud.com/user-496411968/check-one-check-two-check-1
I hope you don't feel to violated. I toned down the strange a smidge just for you guys but it was hard I'll tell ya!<3 I hope it smashs all the expectations you had in to tiny pieces of dust and shatters your perceptions of the know world. 8(

Xorkoth I'm really glad you had some fun, I know you need it right now!<3

I actually have a slight Southern drawl I'd say. Not sure what normal 'American' sounds like. Probably something akin to a British actor doing an American accent. It's always easy to tell lol.

I've noticed that in many metro areas (definitely not all) and on national television/radio, people all sound more or less the same across the country.

Dude that was funny I really liked it. I think you should run with this, really ham up the voice thing, "I could just read you a story right now" had me cracking up. You could actually hone this and get voice acting gigs and stuff I bet.

I PM'd him a couple times with no response...:( I really hope he's okay!

i honestly fear the worst :( i wonder if the admin staff has a way of checking up on him via finding his social network profiles.

living in Michigan's thumb, i actually have an almost Canadian accent. East coasters are typically able to pick it out as a "Midwest" accent (the American "Midwest" being in our Northeast lol, god we're dumb) but west coasters typically mistake me for a Canadian.

bit of story time with the double-T sound. here in my corner of Michigan we actually do a similar thing with our double-T sounds. tho we take it further. the double-T sound is difficult for us, so we do the D sound instead on some words, butter being one of those words. when i was a child i picked up on this, and started doing the D sound for all my double-Ts. and i got made fun of a lot for it! but then i started listening closer and i realized that everyone around me wasn't annunciating their double-Ts better than me -- THEY WEREN'T FUCKING ANNUNCIATING THEM AT ALL.

we largely do the Olde English thing where we do a hard pause instead of a double-T sound. like how Jon Snow says the word battle -- "Ba-Il." the ones here that don't even do the D sound for butter pronounce it like "buh-er." instead of saying there's a little difference, we'll say there's a "li-ill" difference.

it took me years before i realized that everyone was doing that, tho. years of being teased for saying "baddle" instead of "ba-il". smfh.

Fuck, wasn't yepyepwoah one of the people talking about suicidal ideations relatively recently? I really hope not...

Status
Not open for further replies.