• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those sound good Xorkoth. Delay pedals are awesome. I have some a pedalboard with a delay and I also have a digital multi-effect pedal that has several kinds of delay and a whole bunch of other effects. I usually use short delay times but long delays can sound really cool too. I should use delay for that kind of thing more often. I mostly just use my looper when I want to play over myself. I was messing around with delay effects just now and recorded these.

https://soundcloud.com/user-742587340/delay-jam/s-jmFrA
https://soundcloud.com/user-742587340/delay-jam-2/s-dY4qs

I don't care how long it takes, I'm going to have the greatest delay ever.

Just came across the funniest comment on instagram:

Don't get me wrong, drugs are tight. Just don't use them to try to change who you are and you won't look like a dumb fucking wook

Agree/disagree?

Also, good one Pharmakos.

^Agree lol

Though, arguably there are drugs that change who you are, like amphetamines and opioids. But that's different, it's like direct re-modulation rather than the indirectness of psychedelics.

I kinda disagree with the sentiment. I could agree with it if it was more explicitly referring to "Don't build your identity around drugs", but for the way it is worded makes me think that they are saying that the "correct" way to do drugs is to do them in a way that they won't change who you are at all. In that case I would argue it is impossible, because any drug opens you to unexplored parts of the psyche. I think it is impossible for them not to make a lasting impression in anyone, to the point that it changes who you are in at least one aspect of your personality/worldview. I dunno though, I'm pretty high right now so it could be that I'm just being paranoid. Or am I?

I read it differently. I was more aware of the tendency for using strong psychoactives to bring about a general lack of discernment, discretion, and almost spiritually bypassed apathy. Or rather, a loss of focus on the more mundane aspects of life and the general imbalance that comes with that.

Ooh, and new thing after posting. I'm also thinking it could be taken as a caution against crafting psychedelics/tripping into your self-identity/ego.

I kinda disagree with the sentiment. I could agree with it if it was more explicitly referring to "Don't build your identity around drugs", but for the way it is worded makes me think that they are saying that the "correct" way to do drugs is to do them in a way that they won't change who you are at all. In that case I would argue it is impossible, because any drug opens you to unexplored parts of the psyche. I think it is impossible for them not to make a lasting impression in anyone, to the point that it changes who you are in at least one aspect of your personality/worldview. I dunno though, I'm pretty high right now so it could be that I'm just being paranoid. Or am I?

checks out to me

I sometimes wonder whether drugs have yielded a net gain for me or not. In general, given stupid addictions and shit, I tend to the latter. The addiction haa been an unwanted change I guess.

But I do know that psychedelics at least have helped me cope during the roughest times :)

Yeah, now that I'm sober I can say that is common sense that anything you start doing on a more or less regular basis will have an impact on your personality, as it will present you with different mental stimuli. With some drugs maybe you don't even need to do them regularly. I know for a fact that even if I had only done acid once in my life, it would have had a lasting impact on who I am and my interests. It was more than a year in between my first and second trip, so I had enough time to observe how much of an impact that first trip had in me. Looking back, many years later, I can say without a doubt it was kind of a turning point in my life.

My first thought was disagreement as well, but mostly because it seems weird to put a spotlight on drugs there. I feel like anything you do with the outward intention of changing yourself will make you look 'like a dumb fucking wook' to whoever you currently socialize with. Drug addict trying to get clean? That's a dumb fucking wook by junkie standards. Christian questioning the Bible? That's a dumb fucking wook by Christian standards. Working class dude trying to get an education? Dumb fucking wook by working class standards. It seems to me that it's a mistake to be concerned what you look like when you're tryna make a change - whether the change is positive or negative doesn't really matter, it's all about perception

Yeah, actually I think using psychedelics for the purpose of intentionally producing change in yourself is totally valid.

The other day I got up in the middle of the night and went to go pee, and I stepped on something that looked very much like a lumpy cat turd, but it didn't smell like anything. I assumed it was a weird cat puke, which made me kinda nervous. Then this morning I found another one like it, except this time it was bloody. I started to freak out because my girl cat has been having some digestive issues, and I threw it away. Then a couple of hours later I was still thinking about it so I went back to look at it, and I realized, upon closer inspection, that it's a piece of a mouse leg. So I guess she caught a mouse and decided to actually eat it this time instead of just leaving it after she tortured and killed it.

Last edited:
Jesus Xork, your cats one messed up stone cold killer. Get her some halp peas!

I always say, "Drugs don't change you, you change you.". You make the chioces, you make the desicsons, you come to the conclusion. If you rob, cheat, and steal it's your choice. Drugs can lead you places but you choose to go there in the end whether good or bad.

My first thought was disagreement as well, but mostly because it seems weird to put a spotlight on drugs there. I feel like anything you do with the outward intention of changing yourself will make you look 'like a dumb fucking wook' to whoever you currently socialize with. Drug addict trying to get clean? That's a dumb fucking wook by junkie standards. Christian questioning the Bible? That's a dumb fucking wook by Christian standards. Working class dude trying to get an education? Dumb fucking wook by working class standards. It seems to me that it's a mistake to be concerned what you look like when you're tryna make a change - whether the change is positive or negative doesn't really matter, it's all about perception

It's funny looking at your avatar and reading these words and imagining Ricky saying them... good words. Pretty sure Ricky would be the one calling out his buddies for being dumb fucking wooks for trying to leave the 'park.

Psychedelics have definitely been a positive force in my life. One thing's for sure, a lot of different people seem to know the "right" way to use psychedelics, and it usually means everyone else is doing it wrong.

It is not drugs if not how you use them. I am sure we all know cases of people benefiting from a certain drug or getting worse. People love to try to draw a line between good and bad drugs, legal or illegal, pharmaceuticals or not, psychedelics and the rest, my favourite and not my favourite. The message underlying meaning some of them benefit and the others are the devil. In fact I think just about any drug can cause harm or the opposite to the right or wrong person in the right or wrong time. And I agree strongly that there is not such thing as a universally right way of doing any drug.

But as the message went towards psychedelics, I think psychedelics will definitely change you, slightly probably. I as well think that the potential of change reduces with familiarity. First doses could be truly eye openers. The more I use the more I think that the less I use the more efficient they are. As well I think the change using psychedelics is kind of dangerous and might be dissorienting, I found myself more than once getting too much information I didn't know what to do of it, and thinking that if I was with somebody with a deeper knowledge and sober he could be of great help. In a way, sometimes is like dreaming, you wake up with all those memories that are too abstract to get nothing out of it. Difficult to translate depending what kind of knowledge into action and actual change.

It is not drugs if not how you use them. I am sure we all know cases of people benefiting from a certain drug or getting worse. People love to try to draw a line between good and bad drugs, legal or illegal, pharmaceuticals or not, psychedelics and the rest, my favourite and not my favourite. The message underlying meaning some of them benefit and the others are the devil. In fact I think just about any drug can cause harm or the opposite to the right or wrong person in the right or wrong time. And I agree strongly that there is not such thing as a universally right way of doing any drug.

But as the message went towards psychedelics, I think psychedelics will definitely change you, slightly probably. I as well think that the potential of change reduces with familiarity. First doses could be truly eye openers. The more I use the more I think that the less I use the more efficient they are. As well I think the change using psychedelics is kind of dangerous and might be dissorienting, I found myself more than once getting too much information I didn't know what to do of it, and thinking that if I was with somebody with a deeper knowledge and sober he could be of great help. In a way, sometimes is like dreaming, you wake up with all those memories that are too abstract to get nothing out of it. Difficult to translate depending what kind of knowledge into action and actual change.
this is basically my pro methamphetamine argument. since thats the only drug i really use for recreation (other than L when i go out, and now i smoke reefers a little bit socially)
my argument is that shit is diff for diff people and for me the shit makes perfect sense since I dont use it excessively and it has positive effects on my personality and shit, and hopefully it will lead to me improving my life
i've got money coming in now so i'll finally be able to get something going here soon. not right now though but eventually here soon, i have to get my trip(s) down to DC paid for first and some items of clothing to wear out before I can start putting money up my nose.
I may be attempting to hit the penguin game here soon as well (depending on how far we go and dates and everything cause it isn't cheap for playoff tickets. I can afford them dont get me wrong but the distance to the burgh and back means i stay for like 3-4 days when i go and I dont know how that will fly with work. If we play washington though I may be able to go to a game down there but the best thing about the penguin game during the playoffs is the vibe at home. its crazy, its always good in the burgh sports wise but esp during the playoffs. we get so loud and amped up and shit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.