• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

Scrolls by mojang games(same devs that made minecraft). It's a strategy tcg type game that's in beta, it's already pretty well balanced. Maybe some super meatboy practice later.

What kinda deck do you run? I really like order even though everyone seems to like growth right now.

I actually went ahead and bought both of the other pre-constructed decks, so I've been playing with all three. Energy and Order are by far my favorites. To me, it seems prevalent strategy for Growth is to fill the field with as many units as possible as quickly as possible, whereas Order and Energy are about playing the field and carefully positioning your troops for a strong end game, which is more in-tune with my play style. None of my decks are very powerful right now (my Order deck is probably my strongest), but I've got a good grasp on the strategy of the game. Pretty soon I plan to experiment with dual-resource decks - Growth/Energy and Order/Energy seem like good combinations.

If you haven't already, you should check out http://www.scrollsguide.com/. Lots of good tips and resources for getting better at the game.

Thanks I'll definately check it out. Ive been watching a lot of people stream to see different approaches so far. I really want decay to come out to see how it effects the balance and if I can incorporate it into my order build. It seems at the lower levels mono type works the best but at the top levels of the ranked battles dual types destroy.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - I have 200 hours played so far (steamid: CLLOUDY - if anyone wants to play)
Also been helping a friend level some characters in World of Warcraft

Just downloaded Morrowind again for the first time in years, I actually have a good PC now so should be fun :D

I loved all the mods for this game

Still playing a lot of Ultime Online:
www.uorenaissance.com
I haven't had a game hold my interest this long (a year now) in a very very long time.

If anybody is interested, just message me here on the forums and I can help get you started out. :)

Sold all my gaming platforms so now just playing flow on my phone :/

Used to be big into mmorpg starting with runescape, then guidwars, maplestory, and WoW. But honestly i spend so much time getting into them and i just dont have that time anymore. Maybe oneday ill have time again!

its like DoTA but with the worst community you will ever encounter

Is it similar to WoW?

Nope. It's what's known as a MOBA ("Multiplayer Online Battle Arena"). It's like a Real Time Strategy game, but each player commands a single unit (a 'hero' with various abilities that fits within a larger team strategy) and there's no construction element. Two teams work to destroy the opposing team's base/structure by controlling 'lanes' (pathways to the other team's base) and destroying pre-spawned defensive structures. Typically, these styles of games spawn a pretty fanatical community, and it can be daunting for new players to get into the game because your teammates rely on you to understand the core strategies and mechanics in order to win (even a single weak link can cost an otherwise good team a victory, which leads to a lot of bitching/flaming). I don't really like MOBAs like DoTA and LoL, but if you're interested in a similar experience with a much more casual and fun style of game, check out Awesomenauts:

^yup

no, WoW is an MMORPG, which is in a static and persistent world you can explore freely at your leisure.

LoL is a MOBA (Multiplayer online battle arena), which is where you control a singular character but in a real-time strategy type setting and map that disappears after each battle

Last edited:
the funnest MOBA I ever played was custom maps in LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth where you could control one of the heroes and fight through maps like Moria and Helms Deep and Shelob's Lair and all that good stuff

but for whatever reason the maps would only work if nobody moved for the first 15-20 seconds so you'd get everyone in the pre-match chat just like "ok guys remember dont move until we give the go ahead"

and the map loads and someone instantly does a move and the screen just freezes and everyone is all pissed off

ah man that game was pretty cool actually

Dota 2

ive been playing dota since like 08 and its the only game i play anymore

^ And then you'll play it again in a few months after several more updates and get addicted to it all over again.

That's pretty much been the story of the last 3 years for me.