• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Official Amsterdam/Netherlands Questions Thread

I will go on mad long treks. I will be on my own. Headphones, dooby, walk. Sounds perfect. Google maps for when I inevitably get lost. I will go missions, trust me.

I won't be going near hookers. Don't give a fuck that no-one believes me. Definitely not. Cold, clinical, 20 minute sex for £50? No thanks.

... and you fancy stirring the porridge of the 20 cunts who've been up in dem guts already today

Exactly.

Yeah I've been roped into going over for Swedish House Mafia's last tour. Their musics ok I just don't agree with it not being a live mix.

Are they actually now flat out admitting that it's just a pre-mixed CD for them to jump about & add the odd effect on top of? That's fucking disgusting imo. They really need to get to fuck. Justin Beiber has more integrity than those pricks.

If Carl Craig can play a, fucking complex, full album live on about 12 different synths/drum machines/laptop etc all at once then 3 fucking cunts should be able to mix a couple tracks together between them. The most annoying thing is that they actually can, they've done it before, they've been half-decent DJs in their own right. It's just when they did this Swedish House Mafia thing & decided to make pop music that they totally fucked it (& made mega bucks off of total fucking idiots who pay to see them).

No wonder Eric Prydz fucked them off.

Last edited:
Swedish House Mafia's last tour. Their musics ok I just don't agree with it not being a live mix.

They just stick a cd in and do all them poses? Really?

You mean shit like this is mimed?

25914_1237785757357_1610655109_580218_890574_n1.jpg

parttime crackhead
Are they actually now flat out admitting that it's just a pre-mixed CD for them to jump about & add the odd effect on top of? That's fucking disgusting imo. They really need to get to fuck. Justin Beiber has more integrity than those pricks.

If Carl Craig can play a, fucking complex, full album live on about 12 different synths/drum machines/laptop etc all at once then 3 fucking cunts should be able to mix a couple tracks together between them.

I'm not too sure just what I heard about some gig they were playing a while back. I like Axwell and Angello individually, Ingrosso isn't upto much IMO. What I don't understand is Angello definately plays his own live, or he did, so why do they do it between 3 of them when surely there's no need (if they really do)? Doesn't make much sense, but from what I've seen/read I'm pretty sure they do, sometimes at least.

My mate saw them at TITP though and said they were banging, which I would agree with having seen it on TV. It's more just the wee trip to Amsterdam is the priority, we will be seeing them though, tickets are bought.

What's the weather going to be like? I don't want to take a jacket :|

Angello is bogging these days. Used to be no bad. We went to see him in The Arches a few years ago. Expecting the likes of Teasing Mr Charlie etc to get played. Nope. We got Show Me Love (his latest single) at least 5 times in 1 set & him blasting away on an airhorn more than he was touching the decks. He's a fucking joke.

Last edited:
I've heard Trouw is great.

Look for a wee guy in a bucket hat & probably an Adidas tracky. Stoned out his tits. It'll be me haha.

I could be tempted by Caribou, depends what mood I'm in at the time.

Brief faq and answers if your going to amsterdam (mainly as a drug tourist) -

If I'm under 18 will I be able to visit coffeeshops?
Most people will answer no, most certainly not you need identification blah blah blah. This is utter bullshit. 3 of us were 19 and the other was 17 when we went over for FOUR days. We spent every moment of every day going from coffee shop to coffee shop. Not once were we asked for identification...

Can you smoke tobacco in coffeeshops?
By law no, in reality yóu most certainly can. They sell pre-rolled tobacco spliffs and light it up for you inside the shop...

Cigarette prices?
About half that of UK prices

Food and drink prices?
About the same as any other capital city. Though I spent most of my time eating in mcdonalds. Beer is a bit expensive.

Transport?
Your best off walking, the city is pretty easy to navigate after a day getting used to it. Taxis are very expensive. People on bikes with carriages will also provide taxi services.
Trams are useful for slightly further distances and come right down the street towards you so be careful. They are relatively inexpensive though we didn't bother paying the whole time we were there. We truthfully couldn't work out how to pay...
I suggest walking anyway to take in the sights/atmosphere

Weather?
Pretty mild, same as the uk...

Tips

Don't buy pre rolled joints, they are often 1/2 of the strain you are paying for and half cheaper stuff

Try the hash! If your used to low grade bullshit soap bar and think - fuck that I'm not buying hash, think again, the hash is fantastic.

Don't buy drugs off the street

Try magic truffles, they contain the same chemical as mushrooms (though shrooms are illegal) but are still legal through some loophole

Avoid branded coffee shops/hostels/bars/resteraunts. They are tourist traps 90% of the time. The food/weed/accomodation/alcohol will be nearly double the price of other places and of no better quality. Same goes for the city centre, prices don't reflect the quality

Keep valuables secure preferably in zipped pockets

The cops are strict but fair. If you get caught smoking a doobie on the street they will more than likely give a verbal warning and nothing else. If your caught pissing in the street your fucked...

You can drink alcohol on the street

You can't smoke weed on the street (though we were never challanged with this)

If somebody comes to you in the street and starts telling you a story or trys to give you directions or is overly friendly, be wary they will most likely try to get money out of you. 1 guy stopped on his bike as we were looking at a map and gave us directions followed by some bullshit homeless shelter story for cash... After 1 or 2 of these you will catch on to their games. To be fair we were happy to pay a euro each for directions though...

We didn't pay for trains either, again we couldn't figure out how to... Nobody challanged us here either. We probably saved about 70 euro each throughout the trip on transport costs lol. + if caught I doubt they would do anything other than make you pay...

Visit the red light district at both day AND night., 2 very different atmospheres.

Go to a peep show, they are fucking weird but good lol.

Don't get too high and not notice when the red lights change to blue... The trannys are very convincing. My friend (who was pretty baked at the time) said to us “holy fuck, look at her I would deffinitly smash her” only to notice upon further inspection that “she” had a penis...

Stay in a hostel - what's the point in booking an expensive hotel if your not going to be spending much time in it? All your time should be spent admiring the city. Rooms are for sleeping in...

Well It was boredom that made me write this and its now boredom that's making me finish...
If your lucky enough to be visiting this amazing city then congradulations!! If not, start fucking saving because this place is the best place on earth. I would reccomend it to anybody, people who don't smoke included because it is quite simply beautiful.

Can you smoke tobacco in coffeeshops?
By law no, in reality yóu most certainly can. They sell pre-rolled tobacco spliffs and light it up for you inside the shop...

I remember that when I went to Adam last time (3 years ago, IIRC) the bartender at the Siberie coffeshoop told me I could not use tobacco to roll my joint, and instead he pointed out to a bowl with dried leaves. So I'm not sure you can smoke tobacco in the coffeshops.

As for the cannabis law, it seems that in Amsterdam it won't be enforced..
http://www.thebulldog.com/node/85

I'not sure about other cities, though. Next time I'll go in the Netherlands I'd like to see again Utrecht but have no idea of what will be the legislation there

I can assure you most of them let you smoke tobacco, they do have bowls of some dried leaves for mixing, but it tastes awful
I rolled at least 1 spliff with tobacco in each shop I went to and not a word was said, they even lit up a pre roll with tobacco in it for me in 2 different places.

In saying that, most coffee shops I went to and stayed for a while were not in the centrumm, mostly leidsestraat, being not in the centre of the city might be a factor (cop checks ect...)

il be flying over in a couple weeks. can anyone recommend any fun cheap things to do around this time?

Popping over to Amsterdam for my 5th visit at the end of Feb.

From what I've read they've put the law in place that you now need a card to purchase cannabis and tourists are unable to get one?

I think this only came in to play very recently. Can any locals or anyone that's been recently shine any light on this? If it is has been introduced, how heavily is in enforced?

Thanks in advance.

Popping over to Amsterdam for my 5th visit at the end of Feb.

From what I've read they've put the law in place that you now need a card to purchase cannabis and tourists are unable to get one?

I think this only came in to play very recently. Can any locals or anyone that's been recently shine any light on this? If it is has been introduced, how heavily is in enforced?

Thanks in advance.

Not enforced in Amsterdam or the majority of the coffeeshop-tolerant cities. Only the southernmost provinces have the weedpass.

Enjoy! Pop into Dampkring if you can and have a look at the trippy shit playing on their wall of tellies!

Enjoy! Pop into Dampkring if you can and have a look at the trippy shit playing on their wall of tellies!

Nice one curious_24. Never been there before (that I can remember!). Anyone have any other suggestions of where to head whilst we are over there? Open to suggestions ranging from general tourist stuff to cafes, clubs (we like an eclectic mix of music from trance/trance to jazz/soul), pubs etc.

I've done a lot of the general tourist stuff - Anne Frank house, Heineken museum, flower market, Ice bars, sex shows/museums. But any new suggestions are more than welcome!

I'm staying not too far from Damrak but know my way around fairly well.

Also I've heard magic mushrooms are illegal but truffles are available in headshops and are similar, anyone got any information on this?

Ta.

Last edited:
Second vote for Dampkring - very cosy and brilliant toasties and hot chocolate.

There's a museum of fluorescent art and a hologram shop, both quite fun.

And yep, you're correct about the mushroom/truffle situation.

If I remember anything else I'll add it, but my Amsterdam memories are quite hazy. :)

For absolute quality of weed, I recommend Grey Area and Voyagers, but they're quite expensive - however, many joints like Greenhouse, Barney's and Amnesia will be just as pricey while lacking the quality.

Dampkring Haarlemmerstraat is good too, and Siberië often has excellent smoke for decent prices. It's also my favorite sit-down coffeeshop in Amsterdam; it's never busy, always relaxed. More of a locals' shop.