• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Official Amsterdam/Netherlands Questions Thread

So, Open Air fest. Anyone going? I've taken the plunge. Any tips or advice? No idea what its going to be like and i only recognise two DJ's out of over 100 :D

Some good techno in the Format arena, looks decent both days, Sunday probably better though. Can't say i've heard of many other dj's outside that arena. Kerri Chandler at 6pm on Saturday would be nailed on. Back to the Techno after that mind.

imgres

chocolope, my fave smoke of all time !

I'm going over to qlimax in november

Anyone else going at that time??

Just got back from Open Air fest. Had a frikkin amazing time. Met so many cool people, well organised, shit hot weather, speakers and q-dances everywhere, found a bag of phet then someone gave me a gram of shit hot phet. Seriously paying for it now though.

chocolope, my fave smoke of all time !

yeah good old 'D-line'
I remember being there in 06 when it first hit grey area, that and martian mean green where the highlights, i stunk out anne franks house with 1g of martian mean green triple bagged in my pocket, was getting evil looks from everyone! lol

What are people's thoughts on clubs in amsterdam? I'm there sunday until thursday, which obviously aren't ideal nights for going out. Was just wondering whether there are any cool chilled places playing some hip hop, 'future' (ergh) house/garage etc, or even a bit of drum and bass?

There will probably be someone better informed along to give you more info but I think Melkweg occasionally put dnb nights on, you will probably have to check nearer the time. The bar downstairs in the greenhouse effect occasionally spin some dnb and I also think Winston run a night on mondays. Both the greenhouse effect and winstons can be found on Warmoesstraat.

I was reading through the Amsterdam thread looking for tips and it seemed like some of the people that live there are annoyed with the American tourists. Is there anything in particular tourists do that bothers the local people?

I was reading through the Amsterdam thread looking for tips and it seemed like some of the people that live there are annoyed with the American tourists. Is there anything in particular tourists do that bothers the local people?

It's tourists in general, not just american tourists. Besides, most locals aren't very nice to strangers, so don't take it personally.

However, a few tips:

The red sidewalk is the bikelane. Don't walk on the red sidewalk, you'll die!

On busy pedestrian streets don't stroll around looking up oblivious to your surroundings, but keep to the side. The old center of town is cramped and everyone's in a hurry.

The level of service in shops and cafes leaves much to be desired. This an issue even for natives, so again, don't take it personally.

When I worked in Amsterdam in the service industry tourists were the bane of my existence and so were american tourists, but you are generally well liked.. for your generous tips.

I guess the dutch appreciate someone who's genuine, so be yourself [but don't be too loud]. And if you think your aren't that loud you probably still are, lol.

Ok guys, I've got some fresh news.

There will be a weed pass for tourists too, as long as they take an hotel room. Suppose you're staying three days, you'll have a weed pass for three days with a maximum amount of 3 (three) grams allowed per day.

Voilà :)

Where've you found that out? How do you get this weed pass then?

You'll get it from your hotel. I was in A'dam yesterday and talked about all this with a coffeeshop owner.

Avoiding tram fares is one of the big ones. Of course I would never stoop to such levels...

Ok guys, I've got some fresh news.

There will be a weed pass for tourists too, as long as they take an hotel room. Suppose you're staying three days, you'll have a weed pass for three days with a maximum amount of 3 (three) grams allowed per day.

Voilà :)

I suppose I could just about contain my schmoking to 3 grams a day! I can't be sure though lol. I don't understand the ban really, does it revolve around the idea that the pricks who ruin it for everyone stay in hostels or something? Because i've seen large groups of lads being total wankers who have stayed in the plushest hotels.

What's the latest on tourists in Amsterdam then?

I'm fairly sure I can still buy weed no bother. Am I limited to small amounts? What about putting snout in joints, don't want to be smoking pure ones all day (& don't understand how I'll be able to smoke a hash joint without tobacco), as I intend to smoke nearly all day every day. I know it's technically not allowed, but do they really give a fuck as long as I'm not blatantly leaving ripped up fags lying over the table?

Also, can you get a shot of vapourisers etc easy enough? Last time I went (nearly 10 years ago!) we were just blasting joints, never even asked about bongs etc. Never smoked a vapouriser & have no intention of buying one really, so wouldn't mind a wee shot.

Attempting to buy ching on the street? Probably a fucking stupid idea, aye? What about valium, in case of weed overdose/freakout, I intend to smoke A LOT lol. I don't fancy taking some with me as they're not blister packed so can't just chuck them in with the paracetamol etc.

It's easy to find weed in Amsterdam outside of the coffeeshops, I've not been since the legislation's come in so can't comment. You can roll up and smoke baccy joints in the coffeeshops, you just have to be a bit discreet, i.e. take on fag out and then put the pack away, or have it under the table. I'm pretty sure a lot of the coffeeshops have bongs and vapes you can use. Yeah, buying ching from some random, most likely big African guy is not the best, you'll be ripped off at best, robbed if you're unlucky. There is pretty good coke available in Amsterdam, it's like all these things, you wouldn't buy coke from some dodgy shotter in the streets of Glasgow, don't try it over there. I might be wrong, but I would guess that the smartshops might sell etiz if you want downers.