• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Official Amsterdam/Netherlands Questions Thread

Ahhhhh I see.
To be honest, I think a great deal of what one experiences from different types is practically a placebo / what you expect from a certain strain - I remember getting some Cubensis Mexicana when they were still legal to by over here in the UK, and the colour scheme of the trip was definitely more orange / yellows than Liberty Caps.
They all contain the same psychoactive chemicals (Psilocybin and Psilocin) so there should be no difference what-so-ever :)

But if someone else knows different then please say :)

I read something about different alkaloids giving different effects or some bullshit lol, but sure... As long as I'm tripping balls I'm not going to care haha.
Oh and noodle, how strict are the coffeeshops when it comes to I'd? There's 3 of us who are 19 but look way older, were all 6ft+ and look at least 23 each, but one of us is 17 though he would pass as maybe 20, 21 pushing it... If they see us 3 “men” and someone who looks slightly younger, will they hit him for I'd? And would a fake work if not?
Cheers for ur input noodle! + I do like your purple writing ;)

Why thankyou! I also like my purple =D

Well, I'm certainly no expert, but firstly - I'm assuming you're all legal "natives" of The Netherlands?
Because the law that only countrymen/women who have proof that they are so are allowed to partake in the delights that are available at coffeeshops has already been passed.
So, unless you possess a whatever-it-is that says you are legally Hollandists then you will not be legally allowed to go for a smoke like times of old where tourists could do so. Though there's bound to be certain places who don't practice the law as strictly as they should do....

And as for age, it's going to be the same as going for a beer. Some places may ask for ID, some will require it and some will be as lax as they are for all other laws.
And I can't comment on fakes IDs. Never had to use one in my life so don't have a clue. But I know they're expensive so is it worth it?

Why thankyou! I also like my purple =D

Well, I'm certainly no expert, but firstly - I'm assuming you're all legal "natives" of The Netherlands?
Because the law that only countrymen/women who have proof that they are so are allowed to partake in the delights that are available at coffeeshops has already been passed.
So, unless you possess a whatever-it-is that says you are legally Hollandists then you will not be legally allowed to go for a smoke like times of old where tourists could do so. Though there's bound to be certain places who don't practice the law as strictly as they should do....

And as for age, it's going to be the same as going for a beer. Some places may ask for ID, some will require it and some will be as lax as they are for all other laws.
And I can't comment on fakes IDs. Never had to use one in my life so don't have a clue. But I know they're expensive so is it worth it?
a friend went over last week and had no trouble smoking wherever he wanted so i highly doubt its being enforced.

Noodle I'm pretty sure that law wasn't passed, I think it got postponed until 2012, then 2013, now its 2015... Lol. Them dutch must be smoking some crazy shit... Even if it was passed, its holland were talking about, they wouldn't follow the rules lol
Not really you can pick up a fake I'd on the internet with holograms and everything for anywhere from 10-15 pounds, and I'm from ireland, so if my friend turns up with a fake irish motorcycle permit, I doubt they will notice, actually I'm nearly 100% sure they will take it as proper identification... Though I don't know if their would be a need to get one in the first place lol

Travelling through a major european airport with fake ID probably isnt the smartest idea I would have thought?

The weed-pass has only been introduced to certain border towns at the moment so you will be fine in Amsterdam. I don't think the Mayor has any plans to implement it either.

The only things that are worth while buying from smartshops are truffles these days I believe. I did see an ayahuasca brew kit last time I was there but I have no idea what they are like nor will you have the means to make it (unless you have rented an apartment or something)

You must go to all this trouble to smoke a lousy joint? in Amsterdam? Get real. If you're under age, have someone older buy it for you and go smoke behind the bikesheds until you're of age. Messing with fake ids is liable to land you in juvenile detention.

Hehe, that's very Dutch ;) "Ehhh, we'll do it tomorrow".

Anyhoo, that's good then. Smoke long and prosper!

p.s. I was ID'd for meat in my dream last night..... [0_o]

You must go to all this trouble to smoke a lousy joint? in Amsterdam? Get real. If you're under age, have someone older buy it for you and go smoke behind the bikesheds until you're of age. Messing with fake ids is liable to land you in juvenile detention.

Its not much trouble..
A lousy joint? No 5 days of being high and enjoying the city
I am not underage
Why would I smoke behind a bike shed if the point in going to amsterdam is to get high legally in coffeeshops?
I'm pretty sure a lot of people do it
A fake I'd will be at most confiscated.

Your comment was very useful thank you

i strongly disagree. in terms of quality/price dampkring is top notch, no tourist tag, and great offer of weed, plus u can buy half Gs great for a first taste. if you want a bargain go for their Sativa Mix - mix of rest of most expensive sativas for 6e/g. their space is weak , for that go to Paradox, next to Anne Frank house, best in town hands down (tried quiet a few).

if i have to recommend only one coffeshop its dampkring.

I like the Dampkring shops - both the one featured in Ocean's Eleven (how can you claim it's not touristy? I've walked past it about 50 times and found space inside maybe 5 times, unless I'm by myself) and the one on Haarlemmerstraat. They have a wide price scale with surprisingly strong stuff at the cheaper end too! I usually get quality smoke, but you can get better for cheaper, and sometimes it hasn't been up to par.

There is a shop quite far from the centre, out westwards, called Boerejongens - practically unknown to tourists, their menu will usually be mostly the same as Dampkring's - and the supplier is the same - but prices per gram will be 1-2€ less. Not as far from the center but still preferably reached by bicycle or public transport is Katsu, which has a great reputation for smoke amongst locals.

My current three favorites are Grey Area, Voyagers and Siberie. Grey Area and Voyagers are not great to hang out at, and are quite pricey, but quite simply always have weed that nobody else has, and that everyone else wishes they had, because it blows the rest out of the water. Siberie is almost devoid of tourists, very relaxed, affordable, and their bud is surprisingly some of the strongest.

Kadinsky is also a good shop, as are Paradox and Abraxas. Amnesia, Barney's and Greenhouse may or may not have good smoke, but you'll pay too much for it.

Anyone going to 4/20 Amsterdam meetup against the weed pass?

Baba is usually banging trance tunes, chill shop and nice seat corners -> warmoestraat

Old Style, if they still have nepal cream (8e) buy it!!! very tasty hash -> Martelaarsgracht (central amsterdam)

New millenium gives loads of weed for cheap ass money... like 2,5g of white widow for 10€ I think it's somewhere around waterloopplein

stix has some very good homegrown weed - utrechtste straat

Dampkring remains one of the better ones in town, get some sage or kali myst -> handboogstraat (sideroad of heilige weg)

Amnesia amsterdam at herengracht 133 -> here I bought some of the best strains I smoked in my life upto now

Central - right across the central station towards the "schreierstoren" . I usually got 5g for 25!!! what I love about this shop is you come in and they throw this big backgammonboard card right infront of you with all sorts of baggies on which you can choose from

Barney -> haarlemerstraat/reguliersgracht

I've donesomany shops by now, can't remember all the names haha; Usually go to amsterdam every other month and I live on the dutch/be border

Personal top:
3. Dampkring
2. Amnesia amsterdam
1. Barney

also montsta I know you're not an expert but... It'll go in effect from 1th january 2013; could people with disinformation please stop spreading it? i'm getting really tired of translating articles all day; Asking for ID should be mandatory but not all shops do it anymore; some just do on face recognition;)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15842678#15842678
Haarlem denies weed pass (and so do so many cities. most shops I frequent even give me cards with their opinion on it)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15470173#15470173
Weed pass: Leaked note puts many fingers on many painful spots

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/02/dutch_weed_pass_ban_on_foreigners_takes_a_big_hit.php

AFAIK only maastricht banned tourists up to now

Last edited:
Holland tomorrow wahooo!!!! Nightclubs?

Anyone tell me a few nice sorta chilled out housey night clubs but not too chilled out, I know they like some fierce banging stuff and that aint my thing. Around Amsterdam but ill be travelling a bit too.

Dunno if it's on tomorrow but I always liked RAUW which is up the road in Utrecht, probably fits that bill.

Check out Cue Bar. It's near studio 80 on rembrandtplatz. awesome tech house, good local crowd, free rto get in and actually better than the paying clubs imo.

Can't wait until July..
I'll be going to the Dam' for 7 days by myself.
I've never been to Europe, so it should be great!
If anyone is going to be there in July pm me for a meetup :-D

Guys, late to the conversation, but are we saying that mushrooms are available in A'dam? I thought they weren't allowed to send them anymore after November 2008?

//lys