• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

October Getting/Staying Sober/Clean Thread v. OctSOBER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain, I don't know how to tag people using my phone and I also can't send a private message (I can reply but can't start one)....I guess because I don't have Internet and am unable to access the full site using my phone. Anyway, please check out (whenever you have time as I know you're busy on here) a post I wrote on the thread concerning suboxone in which you asked me a question....I gave my response. One that I'm thrilled about and that I thank YOU SO VERY much for<3. Much love<3!

Very well done CH nearly a year is a long time and even though there may be bad days you are better without it now. All drugs and even the addictions to me are a right of passage everyone has the right to make mistakes but we don't want to be still living them at our very end.

Well done to THECATINTHEHAT as well 6 months is massive progress. I've never been addicted to heroin but I quit stimulants after many years of abuse and a very bad spell up until around August then fucked up spectacularly last month with copious amounts of IV coke and mdma. It was upon seeing the amount of used needles after that made me feel very sick with myself that I'd gone downhill so quickly since smoking cocaine from June onwards. It just disgusted me and I was bored with coke to be honest. I've not touched it since and I've seen a big improvement in myself both mentally and physically. It's too much to go back there now. Its more than possible I will take mdma again as I view it as an empatheogen not a stimulant. It only wound up being IV'd because we were in the grips of cocaine addiction. But stimulants that work on dopamine and lend themselves to compulsive dosing and psychological addiction are a no go from here on out. And for the first time while knowing that I'm happy that's the case. They eat away at you, as do all other addictions until the real person ceases to exist.

Whats up homies. So, I fucked up last time I was posting like in the beginning of the month, on day 3 i choked and copped and kept doing shit until 3 days ago. So I am day 3 clean today and it's great. I feel great today, although I did take a little klonopin to help me sleep last night lol. Just on suboxone but I have a crazy limited supply, so I might just make it last as long as possible then jump off. Dont have more than another 2 days worth maybe

11 months, 3 weeks and 1 day

another day down <3

That's so great CH! Congratulations.

Day 3 with no weed for me. I haven't killed anyone yet but I did get a dose increase at the clinic trying to do anything I can to help stay off the pot.

8 months, 1 week.

Like Bernc1 said:

"Congratulations
24.gif
!! I hope to be able to say the same someday
smile.gif
!!!"

Captain, I don't know how to tag people using my phone and I also can't send a private message (I can reply but can't start one)....I guess because I don't have Internet and am unable to access the full site using my phone. Anyway, please check out (whenever you have time as I know you're busy on here) a post I wrote on the thread concerning suboxone in which you asked me a question....I gave my response. One that I'm thrilled about and that I thank YOU SO VERY much for<3. Much love<3!

full site link: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forum.php?styleid=51

Thanks:)...I can actually use it that way but wish either that my phone was HUGE or that I had a HUGE magnifying glass since the print when I pressed onto the link was nearly microscopic:)

Anyway, this would actually be the best place to say what I did on someone else's thread.

I've wanted this for SO long, kept contemplating it but of course then always kept finding another "excuse" not to follow through with anything or do anything about it. It began for pleasure, to "numb" myself because I was in a severely abusive relationship.

Then I was diagnosed with multiple health issues which gave me THE PERFECT excuse to take the pain meds. More and more and more of them. I had my sisters plus my own...AND to beat all, a justified REASON to "use" (I'm of course being sarcastic towards myself).

Here and there, I'd go on websites. Try to find the nearest suboxone doctor yet the closest that I myself found was quite a distance away from me. Stupid, I know because if it was for the oxycodone? I'd have driven. Without a doubt.

Anyway, the other night when you sent me that link I clicked onto it right away and found that the nearest doctor is actually located in the same town as my doctor. The ironic thing? I had an appointment with him the next day (yesterday).

I adore him. He's by far the best doctor I've ever had (he takes his time and makes a patient feel as they should....very comfortable) but I haven't been seeing him all that long yet so I kept thinking, "Wow, if I bring it up is he ever going to think I'm a little liar and the patient/doctor relationship is going to go flying right out the window.

I was so wrong. I sat there thinking and thinking...even shaking. He then wrote out my scripts and I started crying. I then confessed. Did he toss me out of the room? Call me a piece of **** "junky"? No. He gave me a hug and told me we'd work together on "fixing" all of me (since I also got yet another diagnosis of some not so great news) but for once? I feel like I'll be ok:)

I then took another step. One I've always feared. I went to my "big sisters" house (she IS my older sister yet I'm stressing big because when it comes to me even? she shows her tough, "not like me" at all, demeanor which can at times be pretty vicious and intimidating whereas I've always been the loving, caring, "happy on life", free spirit of the family).
One with tons of friends. Many in which I've recently just "drawn" away from because I was too worried about how many pills I had left, would I end up being sick...etc etc. Anyway, I handed back to her pills that she had given me the day before when she had an appt. and told her I was going to try to stop using them. Did she ask how/when/where/why? No. I've sat all day reflecting on so much. Does she love me? She loved the Xanax that I jeopardized my life for by trading them to her and constantly running myself out of them. I sure wasn't feeling the love last night (just stoney, awkward silence) but ya know what? If she wants a sister? That I can be. A loving and caring one. If she wants a "drug trading pal"? That I can't be. Nows the time for me for the 1st time ever to only think of me.

Oh geez, sorry. I actually just skipped a step and jumped forward too quickly yet I guess my sister is more on my mind then I had thought...when I lost both of my parents she was then all I "had left".

Back to my appointment. My doctor is actually even affiliated with the other doctor and to top all? His office is just right up the road from my doctor and my 1st appointment is on Monday:).

I thought I'd be scared but I'm actually excited:)!! I did write a few other things on the other thread but this (one of my "books" as my friends call them since I can never give short replies:)) is the super great news of it all. I feel so "free" today. I can't even explain it:).

I must add though (as I did on the other thread) that I for one thank YOU SO MUCH<3. I always seem to "run into" all the inspiration and hope that you give to so many on here and all for free. Yet aren't some of the best "pay checks" in life just knowing that you're appreciated and are making a difference in someone else's life? I say that because I used to volunteer my time quite often before I began using. I also thank all who've given me hope on here and not made me feel "HOPE-less".

I know it ALL now is on me and ME fully yet as I said I can't thank you or this site enough. There are just so very, very many amazing people on here!!! Whether they are using, not using, trying to be safe about using, use for pleasure, for pain, plan to continue to use or are trying to stop....etc etc. It doesn't matter to me. I think the same of all since and can't really say that I've ever met a group of such wonderful, supportive, loving and caring people within my entire life<3.

The best part? I'm definitely going to try and I'm going to try REAL damn hard yet if I slip up and fail? I know I'm at the right place. I wouldn't fear admitting it whatsoever on here because I'm positive I wouldn't be judged like I would be on the "outside world". When I think of "failing" though. Will I ever? No. We can only fully fail at something we want to do so very badly IF we give up trying and that's one thing that (even if I happen to "slip up" multiple times) I DON'T plan to do. I've had "the way" probably for MUCH longer then I am willing to admit but now I finally also have "the will":). I don't expect perfection. As I said, if I fall then I fall....so be it. Getting back up is the only thing that matters.

Well, I've definitely written more then enough already:). I'll just end by saying that I wish you all the very best! Much love<3......"Bern"

So I have an appointment to go to a methadone clinic on the 30th.. then I will be filling out some paperwork and getting a doctor set up with me by Nov 2nd.
Gonna give it a whirl! If methadone isn't for me, I'm gonna suggest suboxone, but either way I'm actually making a step to talk to a professional which Ive been hesitating to do since 2013...

The anxiety is realllllll D:

Thanks:)...I can actually use it that way but wish either that my phone was HUGE or that I had a HUGE magnifying glass since the print when I pressed onto the link was nearly microscopic:)

Anyway, this would actually be the best place to say what I did on someone else's thread.

I've wanted this for SO long, kept contemplating it but of course then always kept finding another "excuse" not to follow through with anything or do anything about it. It began for pleasure, to "numb" myself because I was in a severely abusive relationship.

Then I was diagnosed with multiple health issues which gave me THE PERFECT excuse to take the pain meds. More and more and more of them. I had my sisters plus my own...AND to beat all, a justified REASON to "use" (I'm of course being sarcastic towards myself).

Here and there, I'd go on websites. Try to find the nearest suboxone doctor yet the closest that I myself found was quite a distance away from me. Stupid, I know because if it was for the oxycodone? I'd have driven. Without a doubt.

Anyway, the other night when you sent me that link I clicked onto it right away and found that the nearest doctor is actually located in the same town as my doctor. The ironic thing? I had an appointment with him the next day (yesterday).

I adore him. He's by far the best doctor I've ever had (he takes his time and makes a patient feel as they should....very comfortable) but I haven't been seeing him all that long yet so I kept thinking, "Wow, if I bring it up is he ever going to think I'm a little liar and the patient/doctor relationship is going to go flying right out the window.

I was so wrong. I sat there thinking and thinking...even shaking. He then wrote out my scripts and I started crying. I then confessed. Did he toss me out of the room? Call me a piece of **** "junky"? No. He gave me a hug and told me we'd work together on "fixing" all of me (since I also got yet another diagnosis of some not so great news) but for once? I feel like I'll be ok:)

I then took another step. One I've always feared. I went to my "big sisters" house (she IS my older sister yet I'm stressing big because when it comes to me even? she shows her tough, "not like me" at all, demeanor which can at times be pretty vicious and intimidating whereas I've always been the loving, caring, "happy on life", free spirit of the family).
One with tons of friends. Many in which I've recently just "drawn" away from because I was too worried about how many pills I had left, would I end up being sick...etc etc. Anyway, I handed back to her pills that she had given me the day before when she had an appt. and told her I was going to try to stop using them. Did she ask how/when/where/why? No. I've sat all day reflecting on so much. Does she love me? She loved the Xanax that I jeopardized my life for by trading them to her and constantly running myself out of them. I sure wasn't feeling the love last night (just stoney, awkward silence) but ya know what? If she wants a sister? That I can be. A loving and caring one. If she wants a "drug trading pal"? That I can't be. Nows the time for me for the 1st time ever to only think of me.

Oh geez, sorry. I actually just skipped a step and jumped forward too quickly yet I guess my sister is more on my mind then I had thought...when I lost both of my parents she was then all I "had left".

Back to my appointment. My doctor is actually even affiliated with the other doctor and to top all? His office is just right up the road from my doctor and my 1st appointment is on Monday:).

I thought I'd be scared but I'm actually excited:)!! I did write a few other things on the other thread but this (one of my "books" as my friends call them since I can never give short replies:)) is the super great news of it all. I feel so "free" today. I can't even explain it:).

I must add though (as I did on the other thread) that I for one thank YOU SO MUCH<3. I always seem to "run into" all the inspiration and hope that you give to so many on here and all for free. Yet aren't some of the best "pay checks" in life just knowing that you're appreciated and are making a difference in someone else's life? I say that because I used to volunteer my time quite often before I began using. I also thank all who've given me hope on here and not made me feel "HOPE-less".

I know it ALL now is on me and ME fully yet as I said I can't thank you or this site enough. There are just so very, very many amazing people on here!!! Whether they are using, not using, trying to be safe about using, use for pleasure, for pain, plan to continue to use or are trying to stop....etc etc. It doesn't matter to me. I think the same of all since and can't really say that I've ever met a group of such wonderful, supportive, loving and caring people within my entire life<3.

The best part? I'm definitely going to try and I'm going to try REAL damn hard yet if I slip up and fail? I know I'm at the right place. I wouldn't fear admitting it whatsoever on here because I'm positive I wouldn't be judged like I would be on the "outside world". When I think of "failing" though. Will I ever? No. We can only fully fail at something we want to do so very badly IF we give up trying and that's one thing that (even if I happen to "slip up" multiple times) I DON'T plan to do. I've had "the way" probably for MUCH longer then I am willing to admit but now I finally also have "the will":). I don't expect perfection. As I said, if I fall then I fall....so be it. Getting back up is the only thing that matters.

Well, I've definitely written more then enough already:). I'll just end by saying that I wish you all the very best! Much love<3......"Bern"

so glad to hear from you! :)

I am really happy to know I helped make a positive change in someone's life. Please keep moving forward with recovery, get back into natural activities, hobbies, sports, exercise, and get into a community (AA, NA, or just attend a church, or a neighborhood meeting, family visits/reunions; stay in touch with others in healthy ways!), try to get into school/work, and let us know how your recovery goes <3

So I have an appointment to go to a methadone clinic on the 30th.. then I will be filling out some paperwork and getting a doctor set up with me by Nov 2nd.
Gonna give it a whirl! If methadone isn't for me, I'm gonna suggest suboxone, but either way I'm actually making a step to talk to a professional which Ive been hesitating to do since 2013...

The anxiety is realllllll D:

Stay strong and be ready to follow through with treatment. You can do this <3

Well I have had 1 bowl of weed the last 2 days at night before bed. I don't know if there is anyway I will pass the drug test now but I am just going to keep trying to stay at 1 bowl a day.

I hate to say this, but even at one bowl a day....it will show up. Unless its a cheek swab. If its a cheek swab you should be okay.

I had a weird moment yesterday. I have a birthday coming up...Halloween to be precise. I was asked what I wanted to do for my birthday. What do I want to do for my birthday? For the last fifteen years or so I had been trying to get so high on my birthday that I forget that another year has passed. I looked back at journal entries for my birthdays. When I was 29 I wrote that if I didn't get clean from opiates before 30 that I would just end it all that birthday. I am so glad I didn't. This brings me back to the question...what do I do on my birthday? I decided I am going to make dinner for my family. They have put up with so much shit from me, and the fact I am here and sober today has a lot to do with them, so instead of asking for something, I have decided to give something. I am still a bit scared though....there are still some folks that I know don't trust that I have stopped, and they have every right to feel this way because I had said it so many times...I don't care what they think, and hopefully they can leave their judgments at the door and just enjoy a family dinner.

congrats on all for staying sober.

Yeah its a piss test. I know I am fucked but I just cant quit weed. Its actually kind of funny. I finally find a treatment that works. I start getting my life back but I am going to get kicked off the clinic and die because I cant quit smoking pot.

Last edited:
I hate to say this, but even at one bowl a day....it will show up. Unless its a cheek swab. If its a cheek swab you should be okay.

I had a weird moment yesterday. I have a birthday coming up...Halloween to be precise. I was asked what I wanted to do for my birthday. What do I want to do for my birthday? For the last fifteen years or so I had been trying to get so high on my birthday that I forget that another year has passed. I looked back at journal entries for my birthdays. When I was 29 I wrote that if I didn't get clean from opiates before 30 that I would just end it all that birthday. I am so glad I didn't. This brings me back to the question...what do I do on my birthday? I decided I am going to make dinner for my family. They have put up with so much shit from me, and the fact I am here and sober today has a lot to do with them, so instead of asking for something, I have decided to give something. I am still a bit scared though....there are still some folks that I know don't trust that I have stopped, and they have every right to feel this way because I had said it so many times...I don't care what they think, and hopefully they can leave their judgments at the door and just enjoy a family dinner.

congrats on all for staying sober.

It's a good thing to do, to show you are sincere about quitting, and being sorry for all the shit you've done in the past. Hope it goes well man.

Wooo! It's day 4!! You don't understand guys- i'm fuckin doing it. After so many times saying it and fucking up. In my past experiences, by day 4 your body is pretty adjusted to sub and you feel ok. can't wait. i feel fuckin great. hope all of you are doig good, thanks forr all the support u savages

Thank u! Felt so good today getting my paycheck and not rushing up to go spend it all.

Well I would have had an entire month totally clean if not for a poor choice I made which resulted in a week long binge which ended 2 days ago, but at least we can end October with a new attempt at recovery, granted I have phenibut coming in the mail today as I need a boost physically and mentally to jumpstart this new attempt at recovery.

Way better than the shit I was putting in my body, plus I mean I workout insane on this stuff, like what chemical enhances your athletic ability??

Anyways I would like to not use it for long and give up all drugs and euphoria inducing plants in the near future :)

Meditation is my gateway to higher consciousness these days!

Crimsonjunk I think you are forecasting quite a bit of doom and despair. You are not going to die. Make a list of all your options. Just start by making phone calls to various addiction doctors and counselors. Basically they may be able to help you find a better fit for you that is a bit more accepting of the fact that you are an adult and should be treated as such..ie...being able to choose to smoke pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.