• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

October Getting/Staying Sober/Clean Thread v. OctSOBER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will be just fine papaverium. Once you are on subs for a good couple weeks and start seeing positive changes in your lifestyle and mentality you will realize how great a decision you have made. Just do the work when it comes to your emotions. I didn't do the work (go to the groups, or go to counseling) and I ended up transferring my opiate addiction back to my work addiction (I worked constantly seven days a week all day because I found that easier than dealing with the emotions I was feeling.)

The other thing that I liked about being on suboxone is that your life becomes stabilized. Being an addict is a chaotic existence. I mean your general well being depends on a bunch of small factors that don't always work out....getting money, finding the pills, having clean rigs, not getting arrested....etc. When you are on suboxone, you get to cut all those problems out and just focus on growing as a person.

Good luck, and good morning to all my recovering addicts. It is going to be a beautiful day today and I intend to make full use of it.

I am very sad but I am going strong. Will have my year mark in 8 more days.

Great CH, your recovery sounds like a brilliant victory and it seemed a strong battle with yourself!

The way you handled your first weeks were pretty inspiring.

I'm sorry you are sad. I have too experience depressing days.

I hope you get better.

Last edited:
That is painful to hear CH. I wish there was something I could do to make you smile. I am proud of you for nearing a year. That is an amazing accomplishment. PM if you want to talk to someone that suffers from major depressive disorder as well. I might have a few ways that I deal with it, that may help you.

Well I totally failed my orginal October goal of staying off non prescribed drugs. But now I have a new one week goal. I have a drug test in 9 days that I really need to pass for weed. It doesn't matter what other drugs I fail for really just as long as I pass for weed. So my goal is too not smoke weed and pass that test so I don't get kicked out of methadone treatment. I am planning on using benzos to acconmplish the goal but I know its going to be hard cuz I am a fucking pot head.

Well I totally failed my orginal October goal of staying off non prescribed drugs. But now I have a new one week goal. I have a drug test in 9 days that I really need to pass for weed. It doesn't matter what other drugs I fail for really just as long as I pass for weed. So my goal is too not smoke weed and pass that test so I don't get kicked out of methadone treatment. I am planning on using benzos to acconmplish the goal but I know its going to be hard cuz I am a fucking pot head.

I always thought it was counter-productive to throw people out of methadone/suboxone/ORT for smoking weed. ORT is meant to replace opiates; not all drugs of use.

Nonetheless, I'll be rooting for you crimsonjunk :)

I always thought it was counter-productive to throw people out of methadone/suboxone/ORT for smoking weed. ORT is meant to replace opiates; not all drugs of use.

Nonetheless, I'll be rooting for you crimsonjunk :)
Thanks CH. It is totally counterproductive. My counselor today told me its very important I quit because 80 percent of people kicked out of methadone maintenance are dead within 2 years. So they are basically trying to sentence me to death for smoking weed. On top of that I haven't been on the program but for 6 months. I don't think its very realistic to expect me to go from shooting smack everyday to complete sobriety in 6 months. Fucking Alabama. But I will figure it out one way or another I am not scared to resort to unethical behaviors with my life on the line.

I am cheering for you crimsonjunk. I think its complete bullshit to kick someone off methadone for pot. Its not like your walking in there burning a hole in the bottom of the cup for opiates and cocaine.

It just seems like crazy fearmongering to tell you most people are dead in 2 years that get kicked off the program, and if the doctor truly believed that, wouldn't the Hippocratic oath prevent him from kicking you off because that would directly lead to your death as he says? I hate doctors like that...If I were a smaller man I would be hoping that someone he loves gets addicted to opiates and is having a hard time quitting. Would he be singing a different tune then?

day number 14.. thats's two weeks :D

Almost had a moment of weakness yesterday, but I kept standing strong.
Sleeping goes a tiny bit better everyday, I'm getting there guys :)

Stay strong everyone!

Think I'm coming up on six months clean of benzos and smack now. I have a job and a girlfriend that I care about very much. I go to bed wanting to wake up in the morning. I still spend all my money but it's on expensive restaurants and days out now, I guess some habits die hard. For some reason it has not been a struggle this time, I'm off antidepressants too.

I couldn't really say what I'm doing for things to go right this time, but I'm glad they are. Love to everyone who is struggling.

I am cheering for you crimsonjunk. I think its complete bullshit to kick someone off methadone for pot. Its not like your walking in there burning a hole in the bottom of the cup for opiates and cocaine.

It just seems like crazy fearmongering to tell you most people are dead in 2 years that get kicked off the program, and if the doctor truly believed that, wouldn't the Hippocratic oath prevent him from kicking you off because that would directly lead to your death as he says? I hate doctors like that...If I were a smaller man I would be hoping that someone he loves gets addicted to opiates and is having a hard time quitting. Would he be singing a different tune then?

Everything you typed is exactly what I said to my counselor at the clinic. He just shrugged and said "Alabama is not a harm reduction state". The funny thing is that it would actually be better for me if I was burning a hole in the cup for opiates. They will not kick anyone off for continued use of heroin ever. They consider that a totally different issue than other illicit drugs. The doctor said ''our job was to get you off opiates. We did that now your job is to get off other drugs''. I was like if it was that simple I wouldn't have needed to get on the methadone clinic. Its crazy man. And that 80 percent statistic is actually real. I looked it up because it seemed unbelievable but this methadone heroin opiate game is deadly fucking serious.

crimson, have you considered switching to suboxone? The doctor I had never drug tested me. Perhaps you could look into moving, or finding a new clinic?.

Think I'm coming up on six months clean of benzos and smack now. I have a job and a girlfriend that I care about very much. I go to bed wanting to wake up in the morning. I still spend all my money but it's on expensive restaurants and days out now, I guess some habits die hard. For some reason it has not been a struggle this time, I'm off antidepressants too.

I couldn't really say what I'm doing for things to go right this time, but I'm glad they are. Love to everyone who is struggling.

congrats on having a relationship, as well as all of your progress! :)

Hey Cat that's awesome I did not even know you were clean.
I remember the few exchanges we had when I first got clean 9 months ago.
I'm very happy to see you doing so well hope you keep it up!

CH: I was on sub for almost 5 years and it never did shit for my cravings or anything. Plus I am on 130mg of methadone there is no way I can switch back at that dose. I am going to find a way to game the system I just got to put my mind to it. But basically if I pass this test for weed I buy myself another 3 months to figure it out. So I am going to do whatever it takes to pass. Hell worst comes to worse Im just going to strait dilute the hell out of it.

I believe I know the feeling Crimson. You can't simply stop using 130 mg of methadone.
It must be a different way to deal with that, or another clinic.
Anyways, I thought weed 'stayed' in our stream for a longer period.
Good luck!

I believe I know the feeling Crimson. You can't simply stop using 130 mg of methadone.
It must be a different way to deal with that, or another clinic.
Anyways, I thought weed 'stayed' in our stream for a longer period.
Good luck!

I know man I am probably screwed but I am somewhat skinny and I wouldn't call myself a heavy stoner anymore. I smoke about a quarter of medical grade weed a month. Which is a fucking lot now that I think about it lol. My plan is to not smoke but 1 tiny vape a day until 4 days before test then stop. The day before the test I am going to try the old dilution trick that I don't think I can talk about on here. Anyway its either going to work or I am going to be in a whole world of shit.

congrats to CH, DutchBloke, and Thecat!!! I am coming up on a year on the 4th of november. I stopped counting the days a while ago. One thing that works for me is that I use positive self talk. I tell myself that I am doing well, and that things are getting better and it is almost like a self fulfilling prophecy.

Crimsonjunk. I hate red states like alabama. They care more about money and tax cuts for the wealthy, and less about providing positive and uplifting resources to those that need it. Your doctor is a douchebag. I would write a letter to his boss about what he said to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.