• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Numerology Megathread

K88ABY

Bluelighter
I've googled this thoroughly but can't seem to find a satisfactory explanation. It's been happening to me for, well, I remember it happening quite a lot while I was in school-and now it's been going on for well over a year.
Right almost every time I look at the clock it's xx.48. I've been directed through google to a few spiritual sites explaining about angels, and number combos-what they mean ect.. Apparently combinations of 4/8 means a phase of life is coming to an end, but as I said, this has been going on for well over a year this time. I know this sounds daft, but I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm going to die when I am 48. I'm 32 now.
And it isn't like I've convinced myself that this is some divine message from angels, I am extremely rational and emotionally sound (though open minded). I don't just casually see other times and dismiss them-Honestly say for every 10 times I check the time, 9 of them it's xx.48.
Also should perhaps mention that I don't have a regimental routine I have to adhere to every day, I work for myself most of the time. It's not like I have to be at work at 9am so I'm panicking beforehand and noticing the time, or anything like that. Does anybody here experience anything similar? I know I'm not alone and other sites I have read people specify a time they see the clock every day, like 11.11 seems a popular one.
Just now (this is why I'm here now) it is the middle of the night and I woke up suddenly and it was 3.48am-it bothered me enough to explore the www because, well.. I'm worried8(

Oh something else.. it's not just time either. Like I was watching horse trials the other day and glanced at the guys speed.. 15.48. The odd time I Z my till it's something .48-you get the picture?

yeah there's a 11:11 thread around here somewhere. i used to see 12:34 a lot, but it goes away if you don't think about it. there are no answers to be found even if it were something so either way it is not worth worrying about. you'll be fine, kate. :)

Oh my God, and I thought I was the only one (I didn't wanna say anything for obvious reasons). You see, for a several years now, I tend to see the number 9:11 all the time during the morning or evening and it really creeps me out because it reminds me of me of when I OD'd (and I probably shouldn't be alive right now because I've OD'd 4 times). I finally learned my lesson though and am not nearly as reckless as I was before.

good thread, would read again.

i keep noticing random numbers everywhere, for example 15:18 on the clock, and 4322 on my debit card, does anyone know the significance of this?

good thread, would read again.

i keep noticing random numbers everywhere, for example 15:18 on the clock, and 4322 on my debit card, does anyone know the significance of this?

You have attention deficit disorder. I'm sorry.

Just kidding =D

On a serious note, the mind is a powerful force to be reckoned with. It can play some very disturbing tricks on you or I.

This 48 thing with me creeps me out too. As I said originally, it's not even just time. It's EVERYWHERE. Like even today I did some shopping and my bill was xx.48. I very often wake up randomly and it's --.48. It's every day. I found a site that was as close as I could get to the significance of numbers. I'll fish about for it..

Let us know if anything important happens when you turn 48 please. This thread will surely be on our minds by then.

This 48 thing with me creeps me out too. As I said originally, it's not even just time. It's EVERYWHERE. Like even today I did some shopping and my bill was xx.48. I very often wake up randomly and it's --.48. It's every day. I found a site that was as close as I could get to the significance of numbers. I'll fish about for it..
how many other numbers did you see today which were not 48?

alasdair

Have any of you heard of seeing the number 222? ro4eva, i also tend to see 9:11 at least twice a day whenever i do see it. whether it is in the time or an apt number or address. I used to notice it a lot more than i used too, tho.

Well alasdair, it's funny you should ask that.. I get your point, but I have made a point of taking more notice of the clock whatever the time-and honestly 9 times out of ten it's something 48. I know it probably means absolutely nothing, but the odds are crazy! There's 60 minutes an hour and I just find it strange that I see it as often as I do. Even just now when I started to write this post, I opened my laptop and it was 22.48.. It's just weird!!!

13 posts on this page. here are the post times:

20:15
20:51
10:26
12:08
07:03
07:19
08:25
12:07
12:11
12:40
12:47
14:55
15:41

no "48" to be seen here but my point is that you don't give that any weight. you only give it weight when you see it. i don't think there's anything other than coincidence and confirmation bias at play here.

alasdair

people tend to be drawn to the familiar and that which already occupies their minds. with 48 on your mind, you subconsciously seek it out, so that when you see the many other instances of numbers, you pass them by with no acknowledgement. the familiarity of 48 (its visual pattern) catches your attention making it seem more frequent than it actually is.

i'd advise against searching for meaning. for starters as already mentioned it is futile. secondly, you risk developing a delusion of reference, which basically projects false meanings onto stuff. speaking from experience, its a nutty and entirely unpleasant state to be in.

13 posts on this page. here are the post times:

20:15
20:51
10:26
12:08
07:03
07:19
08:25
12:07
12:11
12:40
12:47
14:55
15:41

no "48" to be seen here but my point is that you don't give that any weight. you only give it weight when you see it. i don't think there's anything other than coincidence and confirmation bias at play here.

alasdair

OP, this is an excellent post that kind of exemplifies the spirit of confirmation bias in a sense. What you're looking for sticks out whenever it occurs in daily life, but it's quite easy to filter our the myriad of information received during the day that has nothing do with what you're looking for. You'll see 48s every day because you're looking for them, and be amazed without realizing how large the volume of numerical data you receive every day that doesn't have 48 is.

Aside from conformation bias, I'd also suggest looking into clustering illusion and the texas sharpshooter fallacy when dealing with this sort of this.

These sorts of biases and illusions can be quite powerful and difficult to see without stepping back from the issue and taking them into active consideration.

If you're looking for it you'll find it, especially on clocks.. your mind is curiously able to remember the time and direct you to one at the moment of the number you're looking for. That and being able to wake you up at a time of your choosing without an alarm (this happens to me all the time).

As for numerology.. fuck that shit. If you look around the net you'll see an increasing number of fruitloops who believe everything can be deduced from numbers and see patterns in everything. Don't go down that road unless you want to isolate yourself and become a paranoid nutbar.

Oh, and fuck 48. 27 is where it's at!

I wondering if 48 is somehow associated with a traumatic event which occurred in your life, yet you may not recall it?