• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos No self control w/ Klonopin

I don't disagree, that's why the first thing I do when I wake up each morning is bosh a load of pills. I'm a lot more functional and just plain happier on my meds.

I'm still not "sober" though. The whole reason they do what they do is because they alter my mindset and mood, i.e. make me not sober. They are after all psychoactive drugs. Changing your state of mind is what they're for.
Yeah totally.

Sober is a bit of a loaded word, like we see it as 'good' to be sober and 'bad' not to be sober.

But really if you suffer from severe anxiety or pain taking a drug that causes you to be 'not sober' can often be very positive.

Last edited:
I just wanted to say thank you guys for all the response. I didn't realize this thread had so much activity. I struggled sept's scrip again. However this month I am going to really try and take my kpins as directed . noone needs 3-8 or more MG's a day. I realize that just makes for a miserable month . having your daily dose all month is better than not having any for most of the month

Yeah totally.

Sober is a bit of a loaded word, like we see it as 'good' to be sober and 'bad' not to be sober.

But really if you suffer from severe anxiety or pain taking a drug that causes you to be 'not sober' can often be very positive.

Well put mate, exactly what I’m getting at. Not being sober isn't necessarily “bad”, you’re right they’re too loaded words. I am very fucking thankful to not be sober when I have a panic attack and I have Xanax on me for example.

Just going back to this thread; you get 60MG monthly right? Have you thought about asking for an increase to 2MG 2x a day (assuming you are prescribed 2 a day)? 4MG should help out more for you. I am prescribed 6MG now but most days 4MG is fine. 2MG does still allow the PTSD and intrusive thoughts to invade but some days even 3MG is fine.

In the US many physicians who prescribe benzos will not go above 4-mg/day on Clonazepam. Probably the majority have a 'rule' on that with some possible exceptions - they get that from their peers, the PDR and prescribing info by FDA.

I'd guess maybe 10% of those reading this are rightfully thinking - bullshit - I am prescribed 6-, 8-mg/day. And there are occasions where that is medically necessary, as w/ above poster - apparently "FutureRef" uses them @ >4-mg for prn - not daily (good for you!).

C-pam is the anxiolytic benzo imo /ime.

Side note: my pharmacy has no issues with dispensing #30 8-mg of clonazepam in one shot monthly, but for a mere 70-mg of diazepam they require a "no abuse contract" be signed by the patient at the pharmacy or the physicians office.

Hmmm... Isn't 8-mg clonazepam abut equivalent to 160-mg diazepam?

If so tapers from high dose dependencies would in my area be more easily facilitated with c-pam.

I was like that with my kpins to. It’s tough when they provide so much relief

Most of my worst drug experiences (blackouts, falls, etc.) have involved some type of benzo like Klonopin or Xanax. I attribute this to a few different aspects:

1) Benzos give me the illusion of sobriety. I think that I'm perfectly fine when in reality I can't string two sentances together or remember what day it is.

2) They completely take away my inhibitions and anything even resembling proper judgement. Calling my ex at 4am to pledge my undying love to her suddenly seems like a GREAT idea. Likewise, taking an extra pill or two (or ten) also sounds good at the time.

3) They not only cause anterograde amnesia, but (in my experience at least) seem to destroy short-term memory as well. Sometimes I think that I ended up taking too many simply because I lost count of how many I'd already had. I believe this is true because I've done similar things on benzos, like microwaving a pizza when I already had one on the table.

Stay Safe!!!
Dreamflyer

I'm the same with oxycodone buy a ladies month worth script gone in three days then horrible depression since been off it. Morphine keep me sane tho I've had a big bottle oramorph and spade morphines for ages I don't fiend for them unless.im.in bad eithdrawal

It is pretty crazy how docs are willing to put you onto such high diazepam equivalent doses of clonazepam seemingly without noticing.

I got put straight from 5mg diazepam to 2mg clonazepam twice a day. So that's a jump from 5-10mg diazepam to 40-80mg diazepam equivalent if you go by the charts that rank 0.5mg clonazepam as equal to 10mg diazepam which the Ashton Manual does. No warning was given as to how more potent clonazepam was either. Of course I knew and tend to take it 1mg at a time so way below my script. Still pretty nuts though. And this is in the UK which is possibly the strictest country in the world for benzo scripts.

But hey I can't complain. Clonazepam is definitely excellent for GAD. I'd say alprazolam is definitely better for panic attacks. But for all day anxiety relief with minimal impairment (once you have a tolerance) clonazepam is the best pharma benzo around.

Ironic that it's not even licensed for anxiety in the UK it's an off-label use. It's only officially approved for epilepsy despite it being an extremely effective anxiolytic. Makes fuck all sense to me but hey.