• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos No self control w/ Klonopin

No, you are not as sober on kpin as caffeine, perception of sobriety is always altered when we get used to drugs, i somtimes feel 'sober' on crack cocaine, that does not neccesarily mean that i can say they essentially effect me the same, without reading what holdback said, i just want to point out you said yourself that you don't stick to your dosage and the title of the post is 'no self control' so i dont see why you're throwing a hissy fit over whatever he said, that being said, klonopin being an extremely effective anxiety reliever is hard to control when you really benefit from them or like to use them, ive had instances where ive taken high doses of them, only to redose later that day even higher because i thought it was a good idea, that's what inhibition of anxiety does, you simply don't give a shit, and by upping your dose on your own, you increase this 'no fuck' attitude allowing you to use more, when it seems you really wish not to, thats my 2 cents.

Dude, I AM NOT THE OP!!

percojerk is the OP who said he has no self control and doesn't stick to his dosage.

My screen name is Mycophile.

He must think I am the OP.

I stick to my dosage always and use it only medicinally and if you look at my posts you'll see that's what I said.

I am going to disagree with you on the definition of sobriety when it comes to Klonopin and me.

I know what it feels like to be sober, and while it is not a great thing that I have been on Klonopin so long and wish I didn't need it, I have taken it nearly every day for 15 years, except for when I was cut off for 9 months.

I do not get the lack of inhibition with Klonopin like you get where I redose and take more. It just does not have that reaction on me where it makes me not give a shit about stuff like alcohol or Phenibut might.

I will say that obviously I am on a drug, so in that sense you could say I'm "not sober", but it has no recreational effect, no buzz, and having been on it nearly every day for 15 years, being on Klonopin is now my reality to the extent that i very much feel sober and normal on it.

We could debate that, and agree to disagree on that, and that's ok, and that's not what pissed me off.

What pissed me off is that HoldBack (and it seems you too), think I am the OP, percojerk, when I'm not, and that I have issues with my medication, which I don't.

Yeah, but nevertheless, I feel offended.

He stated his opinion that I personally am not using my prescribed dosage and that I am not using them medicinally, when he has ZERO reason for saying that.

I explained the opposite, that I have never exceeded what I am prescribed and don't get anything recreational out of them.

People tend to "give their opinions" on things that can be debated, and not generally regarding a specific person's actions, like whether or not I stick to my dose, particularly when there's no evidence I don't.

I am offended by it.

I mean, it's almost like just a made up story completely on his end.

What if you didn't even use benzos AT ALL and a person said "I think you abuse benzos."

You'd think it was pretty out of left field right?

His statements are ALMOST that far out of left field, with the only difference being that I do take them, but never raise my dose or use them recreationally.

At the very least his comments are very strange and out of context, but I can't deny being bothered by it.

I personally don't claim to know how people use their medications when I am unaware of it, because that would just be presumptuous of me.
Alright let me say with all the kindness in my heart that i dont give a shit what he said, like you say he voiced his opinion and all you can do is tell him to stfu and that it is not the case... however. You stated you are not using them accordingly, second, don't sell pills you need lol thatd be like me selling my morphine.

Take what i said into account about your post, and if you dislike someones opinion on BL try not to make it confrontational.. you simply needed to reply to him telling him that you do have a medicinal purpose for using them but are not following your prescribed dose and i of all people comprehend how easy it is to take a prescription into your own hands, but having learned the hard way.. several times over by going into severe opiate withdrawal because of taking extra due to extra pain, kpin wd can cause fatal seizures, they are essentially alcohol in a pill so you should be careful all it takes is one incident.

How are you able to cope on the off days after you use extra if you dont mind me asking? It must be pretty tough unless youre substituting it with other drugs etc etc? Once upon a time i got an rx when i was working 60hrs a week for 200 2mg kpins to use " as needed" and ate them like skittles at work till i blacked out on them and got irritated with somthing my boss said to me only for me to appearently tell him to fuck off and go back do doing lines off the shitter which i had to apopogize for the next day lel.
I simply remember one of my supervisors telling me what id done the prior day and feeling bad about it because my boss was pretty cool but i was having a shitty workday after just closing a 200k deal and figured i owed myself a few 'skittles' annnd thats how you usually end up eating them all, you say whats a few extra, they kick in, you feel better and ' whats another few' aand then you do stupid shit, oddly only kpins cause me to get whacky when i take too many, probably because they smoothely sneak up on you and are very very effective anxiety relievers, id most likely debate never smoking crack again if i didnt have clonazepam which should go to show you how strong a drug youre eating like candy and you should learn from my experience

If i rambled i apologize im pretty ampd right now and surprisingly also on a few mg of kpins i took a few hrs ago to level out the nasty amp edge i was getting

Dude, I AM NOT THE OP!!

percojerk is the OP who said he has no self control and doesn't stick to his dosage.

I stick to my dosage always and use it only medicinally and if you look at my posts you'll see that's what I said.

I am going to disagree with you on the definition of sobriety when it comes to Klonopin and me.

I know what it feels like to be sober, and while it is not a great thing that I have been on Klonopin so long and wish I didn't need it, I have taken it nearly every day for 15 years, except for when I was cut off for 9 months.

I do not get the lack of inhibition with Klonopin like you get where I redose and take more. It just does not have that reaction on me where it makes me not give a shit about stuff like alcohol or Phenibut might.

I will say that obviously I am on a drug, so in that sense you could say I'm "not sober", but it has no recreational effect, no buzz, and having been on it nearly every day for 15 years, being on Klonopin is now my reality to the extent that i very much feel sober and normal on it.

We could debate that, and agree to disagree on that, and that's ok, and that's not what pissed me off.

What pissed me off is that HoldBack (and it seems you too), think I am the OP, percojerk, when I'm not, and that I have issues with my medication, which I don't.
LOL! My bad bro! Hey you gotta chill and have a kpin, yeah i dont know why i thought you were op, maybe because you got so offended ive never seem a replier get so offended

Ok, I think
Alright let me say with all the kindness in my heart that i dont give a shit what he said, like you say he voiced his opinion and all you can do is tell him to stfu and that it is not the case... however. You stated you are not using them accordingly, second, don't sell pills you need lol thatd be like me selling my morphine.

Take what i said into account about your post, and if you dislike someones opinion on BL try not to make it confrontational.. you simply needed to reply to him telling him that you do have a medicinal purpose for using them but are not following your prescribed dose and i of all people comprehend how easy it is to take a prescription into your own hands, but having learned the hard way.. several times over by going into severe opiate withdrawal because of taking extra due to extra pain, kpin wd can cause fatal seizures, they are essentially alcohol in a pill so you should be careful all it takes is one incident.

How are you able to cope on the off days after you use extra if you dont mind me asking? It must be pretty tough unless youre substituting it with other drugs etc etc? Once upon a time i got an rx when i was working 60hrs a week for 200 2mg kpins to use " as needed" and ate them like skittles at work till i blacked out on them and got irritated with somthing my boss said to me only for me to appearently tell him to fuck off and go back do doing lines off the shitter which i had to apopogize for the next day lel.
I simply remember one of my supervisors telling me what id done the prior day and feeling bad about it because my boss was pretty cool but i was having a shitty workday after just closing a 200k deal and figured i owed myself a few 'skittles' annnd thats how you usually end up eating them all, you say whats a few extra, they kick in, you feel better and ' whats another few' aand then you do stupid shit, oddly only kpins cause me to get whacky when i take too many, probably because they smoothely sneak up on you and are very very effective anxiety relievers, id most likely debate never smoking crack again if i didnt have clonazepam which should go to show you how strong a drug youre eating like candy and you should learn from my experience

If i rambled i apologize im pretty ampd right now and surprisingly also on a few mg of kpins i took a few hrs ago to level out the nasty amp edge i was getting

Dude...I am NOT THE OP who is percojerk who said the things you are saying I said and who HoldBack probably also thinks I am.

I think you are talking about him.

I never said I had problems with my dosage or how I use my pills, and I don't take off days, I take my Klonopin everyday.

Dude, I AM NOT THE OP!!

I only tried to say what happens when you and by you, i was being broad, this is an open forum for everyone to learn from our experiments and usage, so i apologize if that made you a smidge ticked

I only tried to say what happens when you and by you, i was being broad, this is an open forum for everyone to learn from our experiments and usage, so i apologize if that made you a smidge ticked

It's ok I overreacted.

I think everyone just needs to look at who they are responding to LOL, but I could have made the same mistake.

We all get in those moods where we snap easily, or at least some of us do, but I don't usually go that overboard so sorry.

I assume that HoldBack also thought I was the OP, who is percojerk, so @HoldBack, sorry I overreacted, as long as you just know that I'm not the OP.

Last edited:
Agreed we should really check names out somtimes were too quick to reply or reply to the later comments if its an older thread

@Zonxx and @Mycophile
Can you continue your conversation about amphetaimes on a thread that is not about benzo use?

Not trying to be rude but I want to stay on topic.

Many thanks,
Mr. Deeds

Vyvanse is lisdexamphetamine which is just a prodrug for dexamphetamine. That's why it comes in capsules instead of waxy or coated time release tablets even though it's a time release medication. The time release is not in the pill, but rather in the actual drug itself. Vyvanse is a prodrug so the actual drug inside the caps is not active at all, it needs to be metabolised into dexamphetamine to become active. That's also why snorting Vyvanse doesn't work. The metabolism only happens orally. So snorting it just means you snort inactive powder (although you get a little in the drip, but still, it won't kick in quicker and you're basically just wasting drugs).

This is why it's become more widely prescribed, because it is harder to abuse compared to IR amphetamine which is easy to just crush and put up your nose. You'd need a lab and chemistry knowledge to bypass the time release of Vyvanse as you'd need to turn it into dexamphetamine outside the body by removing the lysine molecule.

Anyway point is the feeling of the two is basically the same once they peak. The Vyvanse only works once it metabolises into dexamphetamine, so all the active effects are from dexamphetamine that's just being metabolised slowly in your body as lysine molecule added to it is removed.

The main differences come from the obvious lack of time release in regular dexamphetamine. So it kicks in faster and has a shorter duration.

Personally I have been prescribed both and found both to be effective for ADHD and to be clean stims. However the nature of Vyvanse's reliance on metabolism means that some days it's stronger and long lasting, other days it's weak and lasts only a few hours, and you have to wait two hours for it to kick in to find out if it was gonna work properly that day.

This eventually got on my nerves so I asked my doc for regular dexamphetamine instead. It feels the same as Vyvanse did when it actually worked properly, and has much more consistent effects since I'm not relying on a prodrug metabolising into the active drug. It does vary in effects by day, I think all amphetamines do, but by a much smaller margin, and in any case if my normal dose is weak that day I find it out within 30-40 mins not 2 hours and I can redose it without the duration being so long I can't sleep that night.

Oh and to actually answer the OP... clonazepam is known to cause compulsive redosing and blackouts in some people, since you're obviously one of them why not speak to your doc about moving to a different benzo?

As for the discussion about benzos leaving you feel sober if you have anxiety... nah, this is bollocks imo. It's like when you hear people say if ADHD meds make you focus it means you have ADHD... and I have heard this even from psychiatrists... it's bullshit, stims make anyone focus.

Likewise a benzo is still a benzo if you have anxiety, a lot of this is dose dependent but you would still blackout from eating too many pills of clonazepam if you have anxiety for example, and you also will have delusions of sobriety even if you have anxiety too. If anything I think benzos are more euphoric if you have anxiety because the sudden anxiety relief when benzos kick in during a moment of bad anxiety, especially a panic attack, is a high in itself. Whereas someone without anxiety takes benzos and just feels sleepy and forgetful. They also need to take high doses to get any effect that can be considered recreational. But if you got anxiety, a therapeutic dose that works to relieve your anxiety still gets you that lovely feeling of relief.

Well, me personally I do NOT get euphoria from it.

The only times I ever had anything I could even try to call euphoria have yes, been those times I was REALLY freaking out and it helped, but really i still would not call it euphoria, but just the relief of symptoms, and really just the mental equivalent of the relief you get from headache medicine when your headache is gone.

I mean, we can agree to disagree on the definition of sobriety and whether or not one is sober on Klonopin.

I will admit, technically speaking, I guess one would say if you are on any mind altering substance at all that you are not technically sober, at least if that is your hard line definition, that I wouldn't be sober on Klonopin, which would basically mean I have literally not been sober for the past 15 years with the exception of a 9 month period when I was off of them hahaha.

I will say, that 9 months was very odd, and it feels very weird to not be on a drug you have LITERALLY been on EVERY SECOND for more than as decade before.

So regarding whether or not I felt "more sober" off of it, I would say, that I was pretty upset that my anxiety came back in those 9 months so that I couldn't stay off of it, because other wise I felt SO much better not being on it.

My mind was clearer, I was not tired all the time like I am now (I really want to stop Klonopin IF I could to be honest...but I need it right now), I felt honestly like my vision was clearer and my mind was clearer overall, and yet, my perception at the time and even looking back on it is that I felt MORE altered NOT being on Klonopin than being on it because it felt so different from how I usually feel.

I'd say it's kind of like how I am mildly nearsighted, but I didn't realize I was for years, and then when I got glasses and everything was so clear it felt like I was seeing things in an "altered way" just because they were clear when they usually weren't, but actually the way I was normally seeing shit without my glasses on was the "less real" perception of things, but it felt more real than with the glasses on cause that's how things normally looked.

So yes, I will admit, with that stark difference, I guess you could say I was experiencing "sobriety" for the first time in years when not on it.

So, when I say I feel "sober" on Klonopin, let me clarify that I would just have to say it is a subjective feeling for me, and that I personally associate "not being sober" with a feeling of being high on something, and Klonopin doesn't get me high, and I am LITERALLY on it ALL the time every day, because it lasts 12 hours and the half life is like 3 days and I take it every day, so it is always in my system, so it gets to just be "the new normal".

It's hard cause it's like, I am actually one of those people who gets strong recreational effects from coffee, but would you say that when you have drank coffee you are "not sober?"

Cause honestly, I feel more sober on KLonopin than on coffee as the latter gives me a buzz and Klonopin doesn't.

I personally would say I am NOT sober when I've had coffee.

Or like, what about sleeping pills, like Melatonin??

I take Melatonin every night, and not only does it make me tired, but I notice that when it kicks in I feel much more relaxed and not anxious, so I personally would say I am not sober on Melatonin.

So yes, if we consider being on caffeine or melatonin "not sober", then I guess I'd agree I am not sober on KLonopin.

It's just that it does not give me ANY euphoria AT ALL, less of a buzz than coffee, and I can do anything on it without feeling impaired, and I am literally always on it, so I feel sober when I am on it.

I am certainly more sober on Klonopin than I am when I am on Adderall, or Kratom, or Phenibut, or after drinking.

So.....I guess if we want to be SUPER technical about it, I can't deny I am not 100% sober when I am on KLonopin (which is ALWAYS LOL).......but at the same time I do not feel "altered" and I am not high in the way I would be if I smoked weed, or took Kratom or even Adderall.

It's just that I know some people get TRUE euphoria from benzos, especially Xanax, and I've heard how people who are somehow able to get high off KLonopin speak about it, and that's not how it makes me feel.

One guy before said that when he takes Klonopin he "doesn't give a shit about much" and his "inhibitions are lowered."

I totally don't get that way, don't have the subjective feeling of my inhibitions actually being lowered, just that I don't have the specific symptoms of anxiety I'd otherwise have if not on it, and I get no kind of buzzing sensation in any part of my head or extremities like I might get if high on any other kind of drugs.

So.....Klonopin does not get me high, and since I associate the word the phrase "sobriety" with "not feeling high", then I feel sober on Klonopin, but I guess that was the point one guy was making earlier, that benzos make you feel sober when you aren't.

It's just that then that particular guy went on to describe how low his inhibitions were on it, and how he didn't give a shit about stuff and felt euphoric, and I get no feeling like that whatsoever.

So I guess it's all about one's own interpretation of "sobriety".

Also, as far as blacking out is concerned, I am sure it would be "possible" for me to black out on my Klonopin if I downed the whole bottle, but with the fact that I take it every day and have been on it for years, I would REALLY have to take a shitload for that to happen if I was not using any other drug or drinking.

The one time I did blackout from Klonopin was a night I drank a real lot while on it, and while I have been used to drinking on Klonopin for years and never blacked out except for this one time, this was right after the one--9 month period where I had not been on Klonopin, and I just started taking it again a couple days prior, and didn't realize I had lost my tolerance.

So wheras I would normally be able to get drunk on my usual 1.5mgs and not blackout, I was much more sensitive to the Klonopin, and went and pounded beers and shots without realizing how much more it would effect me, and I blacked out BAD.

I learned my lesson: if you have ever been off of a drug you take a lot and go back to it you will lose your tolerance, so be VERY careful with what you do when you go back to that drug, because the same dose will not effect you the same way as before.

Last edited:
Vyvanse is lisdexamphetamine which is just a prodrug for dexamphetamine. That's why it comes in capsules instead of waxy or coated time release tablets even though it's a time release medication. The time release is not in the pill, but rather in the actual drug itself. Vyvanse is a prodrug so the actual drug inside the caps is not active at all, it needs to be metabolised into dexamphetamine to become active. That's also why snorting Vyvanse doesn't work. The metabolism only happens orally. So snorting it just means you snort inactive powder (although you get a little in the drip, but still, it won't kick in quicker and you're basically just wasting drugs).

This is why it's become more widely prescribed, because it is harder to abuse compared to IR amphetamine which is easy to just crush and put up your nose. You'd need a lab and chemistry knowledge to bypass the time release of Vyvanse as you'd need to turn it into dexamphetamine outside the body by removing the lysine molecule.

Anyway point is the feeling of the two is basically the same once they peak. The Vyvanse only works once it metabolises into dexamphetamine, so all the active effects are from dexamphetamine that's just being metabolised slowly in your body as lysine molecule added to it is removed.

The main differences come from the obvious lack of time release in regular dexamphetamine. So it kicks in faster and has a shorter duration.

Personally I have been prescribed both and found both to be effective for ADHD and to be clean stims. However the nature of Vyvanse's reliance on metabolism means that some days it's stronger and long lasting, other days it's weak and lasts only a few hours, and you have to wait two hours for it to kick in to find out if it was gonna work properly that day.

This eventually got on my nerves so I asked my doc for regular dexamphetamine instead. It feels the same as Vyvanse did when it actually worked properly, and has much more consistent effects since I'm not relying on a prodrug metabolising into the active drug. It does vary in effects by day, I think all amphetamines do, but by a much smaller margin, and in any case if my normal dose is weak that day I find it out within 30-40 mins not 2 hours and I can redose it without the duration being so long I can't sleep that night.

Oh and to actually answer the OP... clonazepam is known to cause compulsive redosing and blackouts in some people, since you're obviously one of them why not speak to your doc about moving to a different benzo?

As for the discussion about benzos leaving you feel sober if you have anxiety... nah, this is bollocks imo. It's like when you hear people say if ADHD meds make you focus it means you have ADHD... and I have heard this even from psychiatrists... it's bullshit, stims make anyone focus.

Likewise a benzo is still a benzo if you have anxiety, a lot of this is dose dependent but you would still blackout from eating too many pills of clonazepam if you have anxiety for example, and you also will have delusions of sobriety even if you have anxiety too. If anything I think benzos are more euphoric if you have anxiety because the sudden anxiety relief when benzos kick in during a moment of bad anxiety, especially a panic attack, is a high in itself. Whereas someone without anxiety takes benzos and just feels sleepy and forgetful. They also need to take high doses to get any effect that can be considered recreational. But if you got anxiety, a therapeutic dose that works to relieve your anxiety still gets you that lovely feeling of relief.

I mean, I guess this topic is interesting regarding one's "subjective concept of sobriety" and what kinds of "things" (not even just drugs as you'll see in my example) make one "not feel sober" when we come to think of sobriety as the feeling of "not being high", when I must admit that I guess "sobriety" and "not feeling high" are not necessarily exactly the same thing.

I mean I'll just say this as far as my subjective feeling that I am "sober" when on Klonopin: Since I don't get high AT ALL off of it, there are things that are not drugs which actually make me super euphoric which I'd refer to making me feel "less sober" than when I am on Klonopin.

For example, when I exercise really hard (while I am sober...except for Klonopin lol, and usually coffee) I get SUPER euphoric from the runners' high and will be in a really good mood, and feel tingling sensations in my temples and my eyes will even water a little at times, etc, and the euphoria I feel from a good runners high is WAY more than anything I'd ever feel from Klonopin, so by that standard I feel "less sober" after having had a good workout than when I take Klonopin, but most people would refer to me as being sober even when I have a runner's high.

Likewise, I once used an isolation tank which was REALLY relaxing and put me into an altered state of consciousness, yet I was on no drugs, and that also made me more altered and euphoric than when I am on Klonopin, yet people would say I was sober.

So if we are literally just saying that if you are on pretty much any drug that that means you are not sober, then of course I am not sober when I'm on Klonopin (which again, is literally every day of my life lol).

But if we are referring to "not being sober" as the feeling of either being high or buzzed or subjectively feeling "altered" and different than usual, then I don't feel high from Klonopin, and feel like I get more high from a good runner's high, an isolation tank, a cup of coffee or my nightly melatonin.

So I suppose it is all subjective, but just as far as how I PERSONALLY respond to Klonopin, I don't feel altered, but yes, I acknowledge that I am of course on a drug, and the fact that I literally take it every day so I never feel what it's like not to be on it of course makes me feel as though being on Klonopin = being sober, because it has come to be my baseline state of reality, but yeah, I'm still on a drug, just not one that gets me high or makes me feel euphoric.

Honestly, I would still maintain the opinion that "sobriety" on certain substances that one uses regularly and which one experiences no euphoria or high from, as I do with my Klonopin, can still apply.

I think "sobriety" is a relative term to some extent as far as how you want to define it.

We are taught to define "sobriety" as literally being on no substances whatsoever, but I am not sure that it is a set in stone definition. One is still considered "sober" on SSRIs, caffeine, and when experiencing a number of experiences that might be quite different from their baseline conscious state.

Since I get no high or euphoria from my Klonopin and it is my constant baseline state to be on Klonopin, it has become "sobriety" for me, and I cannot honestly answer that I feel "altered" or "less than sober" when on Klonopin, which is all the time. I would pass all sobriety field tests I am sure, unless given by someone who is determined to see me fail, would probably show no decreased reaction time on tasks, and generally meet most objective standards of sobriety even when on a very low dose of Klonopin. I am not sure that to SOME extent the term "sobriety" is not dependent on how we wish to define it.

Posts about amphetamines have been split off into their own thread if anyone wishes to continue that discussion they can here: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...sion-split-off-from-clonazepam-thread.877564/

I mean I'll just say this as far as my subjective feeling that I am "sober" when on Klonopin: Since I don't get high AT ALL off of it, there are things that are not drugs which actually make me super euphoric which I'd refer to making me feel "less sober" than when I am on Klonopin.

Yeah if you have a tolerance then clonazepam is certainly a subtle drug. All I'm saying is that just because you feel sober on it, doesn't mean you actually are 100% sober. With a tolerance you can absolutely be functional on clonazepam for sure. But that doesn't mean that to other people you don't come off more fucked up than you feel while under the influence. It also doesn't mean the drug isn't impairing you to a certain degree that you wouldn't feel if you were not on it.

I have a clonazepam 2mg script myself so believe me I do know what you're talking about. When you have a tolerance, taking it doesn't make you feel as if you are "on drugs." But will I be more forgetful and less inhibited in my actions and what I say even if I don't black out and get completely fucked up? Yes absolutely. Will I notice it less than I used to when my tolerance was lower? Also yes, absolutely.

And to be clear I'm not hating on you or trying to insult you in any way. As I said I am scripted clonazepam for GAD myself. I just know the power of benzos is beyond what you perceive once you gain a higher tolerance level. There's another word I wanted to use... "functionally perceive"? No, that's not it. "Knowingly perceive"? Closer but no, I had a better descriptor than that. "Consciously perceive", yes that's it! Took me over a minute to remember the word "consciously." This is the kind of thing I mean. I don't feel "high" as I would if I did a fat line of oxy but I am still certainly impaired and not fully sober after taking that clonazepam.

It's like beer. When you were new to drinking you proper felt that one beer. When you get used to it, one or two beers feels almost inactive, but you're still mildly impaired and will act in ways that you wouldn't if you were stone cold sober. This is what I mean when I say clonazepam still impairs you even though you're not getting a majorly noticeable high off it. You're still not entirely sober.

I got to a point with klons where 10mg would barely make me drowsy. This went on for months and I finally started sowing down and using Valium as a crutch for the withdrawal.

Now I do my best to respect the fact that Klonopin is a very powerful sedative and 1-3mg is sufficient in calming my anxiety and helping me wind down. It ain’t easy.

Posts about amphetamines have been split off into their own thread if anyone wishes to continue that discussion they can here: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...sion-split-off-from-clonazepam-thread.877564/

Yeah if you have a tolerance then clonazepam is certainly a subtle drug. All I'm saying is that just because you feel sober on it, doesn't mean you actually are 100% sober. With a tolerance you can absolutely be functional on clonazepam for sure. But that doesn't mean that to other people you don't come off more fucked up than you feel while under the influence. It also doesn't mean the drug isn't impairing you to a certain degree that you wouldn't feel if you were not on it.

I have a clonazepam 2mg script myself so believe me I do know what you're talking about. When you have a tolerance, taking it doesn't make you feel as if you are "on drugs." But will I be more forgetful and less inhibited in my actions and what I say even if I don't black out and get completely fucked up? Yes absolutely. Will I notice it less than I used to when my tolerance was lower? Also yes, absolutely.

And to be clear I'm not hating on you or trying to insult you in any way. As I said I am scripted clonazepam for GAD myself. I just know the power of benzos is beyond what you perceive once you gain a higher tolerance level. There's another word I wanted to use... "functionally perceive"? No, that's not it. "Knowingly perceive"? Closer but no, I had a better descriptor than that. "Consciously perceive", yes that's it! Took me over a minute to remember the word "consciously." This is the kind of thing I mean. I don't feel "high" as I would if I did a fat line of oxy but I am still certainly impaired and not fully sober after taking that clonazepam.

It's like beer. When you were new to drinking you proper felt that one beer. When you get used to it, one or two beers feels almost inactive, but you're still mildly impaired and will act in ways that you wouldn't if you were stone cold sober. This is what I mean when I say clonazepam still impairs you even though you're not getting a majorly noticeable high off it. You're still not entirely sober.

I can honestly say that because I have been on Klonopin every single day for years and there are many people who have never even seen me when Klonopin is not in my system that I do not come off more fucked up to them than I feel on it. I work on Klonopin and do everything with small amounts in my system. I truly don't believe anyone perceives anything any less than sober when they see me while on Klonopin.

And honestly, I am no more forgetful with Klonopin in my system than if it weren't, or if somehow that weren't the case, I wouldn't even know, because it has literallyv been years since I have not had any in my system. I also do not see myself as any less inhibited then when I'm not on it, except to the extent that I would be inhibited by my anxiety. I know what lowered inhibition from GABA drugs feels like from Phenibut, F-Phenibut and Alcohol, and it just doesn't happen for me on Klonopin.

I mean, since it lasts 12 hours and has such a long half life, there are certain times when I may not "be on it" in the sense that it will have been over 12 hours since my last dose, but there is always a baseline amount in my bloodstream.

It sounds like you don't literally take it EVERY SINGLE DAY like I do for you to be able to perceive that you think you are more forgetful on it or look any different on it then when you aren't, because if you are like me you'd have nothing else to compare it to.

The last time I had no Klonopin in my bloodstream was about 5 years ago, and yeah, as I said, I had a clearer head during those few months, but I honestly could not compare it to the difference of having had a beer or 2 vs none: it is just LITERALLY my baseline state to be on it.

What is really unfair is that it is technically possible to get arrested for driving while under the influence of a very low therapeautic dose of a benzo in the U.S., even if it is in no way impairing your driving at all, if a cop decides to give you a sobriety test he can declare you have failed it for any reason and then piss test you and if you have benzos in your system he can arrest you and make you go to court and you might get off with a lawyer.

I don't think that's fair at all if you are not actually truly impaired by the drug and you should be able to get a doctor involved to say that you are not impaired.

But that isn't likely to happen to me as I'll never admit to taking it and won't likely be piss tested, but in theory it can and has happened.

I still think we aren't going to quite agree on this topic but that's ok.

I mean, I'll admit to there technically being a difference vs being on it vs off it and that on a basic level one can't be as sober on it as off it, but I am not sure you realize how very vague the difference between the 2 can eventually become if you have literally had it in your system for years.

I don't think there's a single thing I couldn't do just as effectively on my prescribed dose of Klonopin or that there's anyway that anyone can ever perceive my being on it, because I am always on it.

So yeah, the difference exists, but I myself have a very hard time feeling it, and I certainly think if I have that hard a time feeling it myself then other people have an even harder time seeing it.

So yeah, we can agree to partially-disagree, though on a some level we are in agreement, but just not in the level to which a mild-moderate Klonopin dose impairs you once it becomes a daily thing and has been for years.

I don't think someone with daily use of Klonopin will be "normal"

People think you're sober, that's right, but this "sober state" is probably the "new you", that is, "the old you + the alteration in your personality induced by Klonopin"

Or the time I broke my wrist on my bicycle because of phenazepams huge duration I didn't realize I was still messed up and bam 4 surgeries and almost a decade later if I overuse it I get awful pain from traumatic arthritis. Which apparently will get worse as I get older.

Jeez I was a dork

Over a decade ago I jumped from the roof of my apartment complex to my balcony trying to get inside my locked apartment after taking around 800mg of nordazepam powder (that batch led to someones death on here) perhaps a day or two earlier (its got something like an 8 day half-life). Shattered my ankle of course so its held together now with brackets and screws.

What I find particularly destructive about benzos is when I'm on them, my drug use skyrockets. Whats worse is that you never really end up feeling them...

Over a decade ago I jumped from the roof of my apartment complex to my balcony trying to get inside my locked apartment after taking around 800mg of nordazepam powder (that batch led to someones death on here) perhaps a day or two earlier (its got something like an 8 day half-life). Shattered my ankle of course so its held together now with brackets and screws.

What I find particularly destructive about benzos is when I'm on them, my drug use skyrockets. Whats worse is that you never really end up feeling them...
Yeah you end up waking up and all your drugs are gone (without even remembering taking them, let alone enjoying them), you feel like shit and ppl are telling you about all the crazy shit you did last night