European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Nice Codeine Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For incredibly childish reasons, this phrase amused me far more than it should. The mind boggles :eek:;)=D

Apologies for ramble. I can't even blame the codeine cos not had any in month. As such, I should probably go pester some other poor, unsuspecting thread ;)

=D Childish humour is the best sometimes, I swear. I nearly bit a hole through my fist and had to leave the room back in college because our tutor asked if anyone had any 'gaping holes' in their coursework.

But yeah I think you've got a good point with the maybe/maybe not teetotal thing. I think it's the potential for addiction and fucking my life up that really worries me more than just drugs always being part of my life to an extent. I enjoy them, which I can't really say is the case for alcohol any more, and my brain just goes 'oh god addiction' when I think about my future. But yeah, self control can be developed, it just takes time. I always go all or nothing and get a bit self destructive. OCD does not help matters as far as that goes but I know I've got that under control in comparison to when I was in my late teens/early twenties so surely it can be done with drugs too. Can't think about eliminating them from my life, just don't want to have them take over. Booze should probably do one though, I keep saying to myself I'm only going to drink socially but it's so fucking easy to just go to the offie when I'm feeling low or bored :/ And yeah haha rambling, I am fucking good at that on codeine, dunno why, so your post seemed relatively short to me :D

I always refer to alcohol as the lowest common denominator, never had a good relationship with it. Weed is good because it has anti depressing properties just not a social thing for me though its just a drug i do because it makes my boring life a little more fun. Alcohol is good for social situations for me because of my social anxiety. but alone drinking tends to bring out the worst in me

Yep, I got into drinking because of hideous social anxiety. It helped wonders and also got me over my crippling fear of being sick, but the bad effects now far outweigh the good. Weed did actually help me with my drinking, I was smoking pretty much every day from moving into my shared house in Sept '12 to moving out June last year and during that time I drank rarely. Obviously it's replacing one habit with another, and it did make me kinda lazy but it was better than being angry and tired and guilty and run down all the time.

I swear I'm feeling the effects from this codeine more and more, got the eyes going a bit now n feel a bit sick, but not horrifically. Such a strange day.

Ok, shit that few weeks flew by. I didn't realize it the 20th today ffs.

Well, I gone done it, I got physically addicted to this shit. I can only remember a handful of warm fuzzy nights but I stopped taking it for one day and I got intense stomach cramps, and I finally know was you mean by restless legs syndrome. Tidy I was sweating like a pig and I have to work. I had to take 200mg just to feel normal. I want out. The effects it provides are definately not worth this shit.

Whats the best way out of this shit?

I've herd Imodium, aleve and benzos. No I don't want to get addicts to benzos either, I just won't out f this shit ASAP. Im sorry, and I can now empathize on only the smallest level what people go through with opiate withdrawal. Shambles, everything you said was true.

What's the best way, when I was in London over Xmas I was taking codeine but not enough to feel anything. Beforehand in another country I remember being sick. It must have been codeine withdrawal. It's so strange how a drug that only provides a mild warm buzz can cause such a shitfight.

Firstly, I'm sorry to anyone who has gone though heroin withdrawal or worse, but believe me I have suffered a shitload mentally in my life and did all the support groups, psychotherapy, etc etc for ice and alcohol. I was clean
For 2 years. I never experienced opiate habit or withdrawal but now I know and it's not worth it and I want out and I want to be able to still work cause I can't fuck this last chance up.

Any opinions?slow taper then Imodium, the odd benzo etc?

Over always read that the ceiling dose for this shit is 400 mg and I only ever felt a nice buzz off 400mg or so. Lately I've taken around 500mg, sometimes more if I have been partying and tkene it for comedowns.

Sorry, and I seriously have no mental addiction to this shit, not compared to ice or anything else so I just want to get out without having to stop work or I will be seriously fucked, have no full time job and I was just turning shit around in my life.

Any advice very welcome.

Taper, as slow as you can is the least painless option. Drop 30mg ever 2 day, then near the end maybe a little less. You will have to face WD at some point. But yeah few valium immodium will help.

seeming as you have only been on it 20 days but you mention 2 years, if 20 days I'm surprised you have got addicted as badly as strong RLS.

Check out the opiate WD thread.

TBH this should be merged into it.

Swear if every Pharmacy was like Co Op pharmacy none of you would be addicts, there such a pain in the arse about you wont even bother. wouldn't sell me any and the last time i bought em was months back. some fucking memory they got 8)

Maybe your just unlucky. Never had any problems with them.

Yeah man, tesco, sainsburys, boots and super drug serve me all the time, they know i blatantly abuse the stuff. My bro buys me pills aswell he got him self banned from lloyds just like me :D

Ok well I have started coming down. So normally I would wait til 6 at night and take between 4-500 mg. But lately I need to have some earlier in the arvo lije 2 to Ward off stomach cramps and sweats abs Runny nose. I think the pharmacies in the area are on to me. One said they were out, the other gave be only 1 box and a lecture. Really humiliating.

So ive got extra stress fibding my supply to do a slow taper.

Few questions:

I was only ever taking it at night. . It was nice but I don't love it that much. Which is why I'm surprised I got addicted.
Say my dose is 450 and dropping down every few days, should I apace that dose equally over the day or just take a little bit aftrr lunch and then the large dose before bed? I

If im dropping the dose every day then I doubt ill be gettibg high off it anymore. Especially I never got much of a high from any less than like 300.

[video=youtube_share;i9p34WY_2WI]http://youtu.be/i9p34WY_2WI[/video]
#
This is Codeine n tussin Music maybe abit hydrocodone n all but still it be real

I had my first panic attack from smoking weed at 14. The panic disorder remained for about two years after. Then after some time I might Dabble again and it wouldn't be long till I got another episode. That stuff seriously fucked with my head. It just happens to some people. It's not a good thing especially for harm reduction to call people laughable pussies. Even as a joke. What I went through was literally hell. Just being alive was terrifying.

Fucking hell got me three packs of co-codamol the other day after realising two packs was doing nothing for me any more and figured that wouldn't either. Maybe it's cos I took longer on the extraction, and filtered it twice but fucking helllll, it was nice but got to the point where I wasn't really capable of even staring at the tv and just kept nodding off. I sort of want to go get more today now, this was on Saturday I think, but I have work to do and effort tracking round to three pharmacies.

Harm reduction disclaimer: I have always had a stupidly high and inexplicable tolerance to codeine; starting recreational dose was about 300mg for me whereas most people I've known will be monged off 60-100. The above should not be considered standard practice. I feel like I should just add a harm reduction disclaimer to my entire life at the moment but I can't afford to get the t-shirts printed =D

The extractions i rush are always the worst because i end up forcing para through the filter, the ones i take long on are the best. : )

I just done a 5 pharma run so im sorted for about 2 or so days. lol

Yeah totally; a lot of the time I'd rush it cos I was living at my parents and had a short window of time to use the fridge/freezer for it. Preferring fridge now tho cos the amount of times that shit has frozen when I've forgotten what I'm doing. But now I got my own yard, I find it best (with the amount I use) to divide the mixture into two jugs, leave it in the fridge half an hour, filter it into two or three glasses for quickness sake, then scrape out what's left in the filters, back in the fridge, filter again, done. Definitely does the job better and it tastes better too; it's the para fillers that make me gip but the actual codeine itself isn't so bad.

God I want some now and I'm broke. Perhaps gonna stock up a bit when I get some money in early next month cos it's the nicest way imo to chill on an evening and like the CEVs when I try go to sleep.

I also get a problem sometimes where i can have 2 cwe's going on at the same time yet one of them filters through twice as fast, god knows why. So i end up squeezing the filters even though they got loads of water in em still

I used to get the CEV's and a leg spazm when i tried to sleep, shame i dont now :*( just energy and chill feel. I rarely do the fridge or freezer bit i just use minimal water. My dad would go mental if he saw an extraction in the fridge absolutely mental

Swear if every Pharmacy was like Co Op pharmacy none of you would be addicts, there such a pain in the arse about you wont even bother. wouldn't sell me any and the last time i bought em was months back. some fucking memory they got 8)

Aha they've been annoying with me as well, I always have to make up various ailments when I go buy codeine there :|

Haha no way, I've never used a Co Op pharmacy, but the ones I've used round here (there's three within walking distance and, inexplicably, three right next to each other in the local shopping centre) have never said a thing. Always worry they will tho

I used to live in a small town in Cheshire with 8 pharmacies within 4 miles, all along my walking and bus routes - I'd pick up 2 boxes on the way to the bus stop, get off the bus 3 minutes later and get another 3 boxes, jump back on the bus for 20 minutes, pick up another 2 boxes, back on the bus for 5 minutes and then pick up my final box.
It was perfect for my needs. £4 for a daily bus pass, £1.20 per box (on average) meant I had the equivalent of 200mg of Morphine for £13.60.

DHC has much better muscle relaxation then codeine imo, can still feel it the next day. I just with these paramol extractions actually looked drinkable because they just dont >< cant even see my finger through them after filtering twice

DHC has much better muscle relaxation then codeine imo, can still feel it the next day. I just with these paramol extractions actually looked drinkable because they just dont >< cant even see my finger through them after filtering twice

I always found DHC much more stimulating - DHC combined with Tram was more stimmy than most street grade amphetamines. Massive histamine reaction though. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.