• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ could have been placebo caused by the drug companies saying naloxone can reverse bupe (which it can't) but people believing it, so when they switched they automatically thought that some of their dose was blocked. And mind over matter their brains made it feel like that was the case so they upped their dose. BUT we can't say for SURE what they were feeling/thinking so really it will stay how it is... Some will know that naloxone does nothing in combo with bupe. And some will think naloxone can block it/ partially block it.

I can believe that. Although I put a lot of drugs in my body during my 20 years on this earth, I always researched them and knew what I was putting into my body. From what I have researched on suboxone, it really bugs me that I am putting naloxone in my body everyday.

I just posted this link in the suboxone megathread, but just incase i'll post it again.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2323306

Here is a study where it states that naloxone is sufficiently absorbed through sublingual administration. So that means us taking suboxone, we are taking naloxone everyday, which cannot be doing our bodies anything better than taking buprenorphine without the naloxone (Subutex).

Sometimes I feel like the Pharmaceutical companies are out to get us.

^I think it's more about moving product and not being super concerned about the end user - especially since it's "just" people with drug dependence. :(

I agree with you 100%. Keeping us on their drugs nets them millions of dollars. I am not complaining although I love burprenorphine, it agrees with my body very well. I am actually considering staying on it for a long time. I love opiates, but since being on subs I find that when I am on bupe I get the positive effects of opiates (better mood, less anxiety, + energy and willingness to get things done) without the guilt of lying to everyone who supports me in my recovery. I am researching long term bupe effects, if they are minimal I would consider staying on it for the rest of my life. No joke.

^ im staying on it for life.. i've been on it 4 years and have NO intentions of ever coming off.
It helps my bipolar a lot.. and if i was forced off bupe (which my dr will never do) i would be back on street opiates.

is there any clinical data out there on the bioavailability? i cant find any good figures...

Got my script yesterday and took my final shot of H last night around 7pm. ahhh, I'm gonna miss that.

anyways, just IV'ed an 8mg strip. took a while to mix up and a good bit got stuck on my syringe plunger. with a bit of effort I was able to get basically all of it in the rig. 75cc of water and it was still very syrupy. it looks like these frosted orange milkshakes they sell at the varsity. looking at it I could tell that it definitely wasn't going to be healthy to put in my veins, but neither is heroin lol.

anyways, right after I shot it I immediately got this terrible feeling of doom. It felt just like when I accidentally took a 50mg naltrexone a year or so ago when I had a bad habbit. Just this complete feeling of unease and sickness. went to the mirror and my pupils were massive. all the constipation I've been having for the past months went away real fast haha.

but thankfully after 10 minutes of the PW's I started feeling groovy. I'm smooth sailing now
time to get some micron filters, I love the needle too much to do it sublingually

^ glad it worked out for you, but from what i gather, you might not want to be IVing such large amounts of sub. good job on the micron filters though- i think u definitely would want to filter a solution that is syrupy and probably dilute it more?? i have never IVed sub, so this is just what i've picked up from others- a lot of people here do though, so you may get some better comments from people w/ firsthand experience. good luck :)

A bit of advice..

comatoserct, I would also agree that you should try IVing a smaller dose, the general consensus is that less is more when it comes to bupe, particularly IV. I would recommend that you never shoot more than a quarter of an 8mg film (2mg) at a time, this would be ideal, the shots I take never exceed 2mg, & at this dose I have no problem with the solutions thickness, and I am able to obtain a final product which is crystal clear and colorless, by filtering it through a syringe packed with a few q-tip heads. Good call on the mirconfilter though, you should be able to achieve even better results with these, and if I could obtain them, I would use 'em too. If your not willing to cut your dose to 2mg, I would say at least reduce it in half, although I really would recommend 2mg or less, and if you need more re-dose throughout the day. You'd be surprised how little buprenorphine will hold those with even the biggest of habbits. Keep in mind that bupe issued for pain starts at dosages of .3 mgs. Just some food for thought.

apparently the 75 dollar discount is only good once per month? i go to walgreens since they are the only pharmacy other than cvs that carries the strip, and now my card is used automatically.

i first used it on 12/18 for 15 and got 75 off, then filled the same script again on 1/5 and it was automatically used to pay for 7 of them, which cost me 60 bucks. now i cant use it until february? i thought it said use once per prescription, which it does. anyone else have this problem?

apparently the 75 dollar discount is only good once per month? i go to walgreens since they are the only pharmacy other than cvs that carries the strip, and now my card is used automatically.

i first used it on 12/18 for 15 and got 75 off, then filled the same script again on 1/5 and it was automatically used to pay for 7 of them, which cost me 60 bucks. now i cant use it until february? i thought it said use once per prescription, which it does. anyone else have this problem?

The discount card specifies that it is to be used once per month, not once per prescription, and it is valid until march.

I actually cut my sub strips into tiny pieces and snort them like the person a couple pagesa ago said he does.
I used to use a liquid solution but screw that.
Choppin them up into small pieces and snorting works perfectly.
I snort some water before hand to moisturize my memebranes before I send the stri[ p[ieces up there.

IT DOES WORK NAYSAYERS!

A couple quick things:

thanks for the advice guys, I lowered my dose from anywhere between 1mg-3mg and it produces the same effect, if not better. hard to believe that less is more, I wish it was that way with other stuff lol

my girlfriend has been injecting 0.5mg-1mg every time she doses and has been terribly sick. I remember the first time I did suboxone with little to no tolerance and I threw up for about 8 hours but it went away. She is bed-ridden and can't hardly move without throwing up, and has been like this for around 36-48 hours. she was shooting dope with me every day so it's not like she doesn't need the subs, and she threw up occasionally on high doses of heroin, but it seems like she's in a rut with the subs. it's either take them and feel horribly sick or go through withdrawal and feel horribly sick.

any advice or experience on this?

also I'm thinking about picking up some heroin in a day or two and I was wondering how long I should wait before I should take it after dosing, lets say, a 2mg IV shot

I personally feel like Im not getting good absortion of Bupe with the films. I take 16mg daily, 8in the am then 8in the pm. Lately I've been having cravings and dreams as bad as they were 4years ago when I first kicked dope. I miss my tablets SOOOOOO bad....should I ask my doc to up my dose?? Someone who can relate and give advice, PLEASE HELP!!!

Snorting sub has never done anything different for me than putting it under my tounge... neither get me high... do some of you guys who snort actually get a buzz of the sub? I just get a stuffed up nostril.

I have been snorting 2mg of sub, twice a day, for 3.5 days now to kick a pretty large opiate habit. I am switching over to the strips today, and using them under the tongue. Does anyone think I will have to change my dose at all? I have 1mg of the pill (powderized), so I could supplement if needed. I want to move to the sublingual route anyway, but I took my first strip (2mg) about 35 minutes ago and still have some head and neck pains. Any suggestions would be helpful :)

Thanks all!

Snorting sub has never done anything different for me than putting it under my tounge... neither get me high... do some of you guys who snort actually get a buzz of the sub? I just get a stuffed up nostril.

I have being snorting 1-2mlgs of suboxone everyday for the past months and I get high everytime.
Sublingual is literally like 1/5 the strength of intranasal for me.I refuse to waste my sub like that.

I personally feel like Im not getting good absortion of Bupe with the films. I take 16mg daily, 8in the am then 8in the pm. Lately I've been having cravings and dreams as bad as they were 4years ago when I first kicked dope. I miss my tablets SOOOOOO bad....should I ask my doc to up my dose?? Someone who can relate and give advice, PLEASE HELP!!!

i dont like the film strips. i told my doctor this and he gave me a script for the PILLS again...so im assuming you still can get the pills instead of the film if you prefer? or you can ask your doc to up your dose. i was on 1/2 or 4mg/day and i told him thats not enough. so now im on 8mg/day. ive been on sub for over a year. i initially started out with 20mg/day. im going to a new doctor soon, ive been thinking of upping my dose. cause 8mg/day isnt cutting it for me.

i dont like the film strips. i told my doctor this and he gave me a script for the PILLS again...so im assuming you still can get the pills instead of the film if you prefer? or you can ask your doc to up your dose. i was on 1/2 or 4mg/day and i told him thats not enough. so now im on 8mg/day. ive been on sub for over a year. i initially started out with 20mg/day. im going to a new doctor soon, ive been thinking of upping my dose. cause 8mg/day isnt cutting it for me.

If 8mg a day isnt cutting it for you, and youve been on it for some time... then I dont think the medicine is what needs to be changed. I think it may be that you need to add other dimensions of recovery support to your recovery. Something as simple as a once a week meeting with a counselor or even just other friends that are in recovery, that are actually recovering....

For me, what I do is go to the club one a week, I go on a night that my friends are involved in putting on (promoting, Djs, etc) and I just make sure that no matter what I go and enjoy myself.

I find 1 night of intense exercise per week has made a HUGE difference in MY dosage of suboxone via making a huge difference in my perception of reality.

I was once on 20mg of suboxone, and still felt I needed more. Once I got myself down to between 2 to 4mg a day I realized that I still felt exactly the same as when I was on 20mg as far as how "good" I felt .... thats when I realized that the medicine only satisfies the physical concerns. Most of the addiction itself is mental / behavioral though. Once I figured this out, I instantly began feeling just fine because I started filling my day with activities that I enjoy and thus cured those cravings that werent physical in nature....

This may just be completely random ramblings, but I swear, this is some serious truth. If your on more than 4mg of suboxone a day and still strugling, look for other solutions rather than just upping your dose.

looks like another typical marketing scheme to make more money since sub is now generic lol

Status
Not open for further replies.