• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I miss my RoxI's...
When I was taking subs daily, I did an 20mg OC literally 5-6 hours later and still got a slight feeling, and a day allowed me to get a decent rush (IV). I would say 2 days would be the optimal threshold to enjoy your holiday if you did at least a 30mg of Rox.
Ultimately, When I went from OC back to Subs, I only waited half a day, and for some careless reason, I injected the sub. That was the only time I went into that infamous precipitated withdraw (only lasted 10 min tho)

I quit doing opiates after one of my friends set me up with selling him 10 OC's, and now I got a felony under my belt and I was 12 credits away from graduating with my Accounting Degree...SO be safe everyone! No one is invincible externally or internally! But I miss those days. That was my therapeutic medicine to make me feel normal and relaxed. Don't take these days for granted because they won't last forever.

I stir my strips with a little piece of plastic to get them to dissolve... I think a safety pin is not a bad idea either. It takes a minute, you just have to be patient.

that would work. i go with a sort of swivel technique like somebody above, not letting the piece of the strip stick to the side or bottom of whatever u are using until it's totally disolved

To those of you looking to zoot these strips dry...don't waste your time.

I have been snorting regular 8mg sub pills for a couple years now and recently had to switch to the strips (unfortunately). I diced up half an 8mg strip into extremely small pieces which almost looked like a regular line of suboxone. Railed it. Waited 30 mins. Felt nothing.

Very upsetting. I need the tablets. In the meantime, I am going to try the method of dissolving the strips in a small amount of saline then sniffing the droplets through a straw. Has anyone actually tried this? Is it effective?

^I've done it for a few strips... It worked alright. It is kind of a pain, but if you got a bunch made ahead of time into a solution, it wouldn't be so bad. Dissolving a piece of a strip in a few drops of saline every time you want to snort some bupe is a pain though, IMO.

I dose under the tongue 98% of the time but I have snorted the strips on several occasions quite succesfully. Adding a bit of water and squirting or snorting up the solution works nicely but I find I loose too much as some of it drips down before being absorbed.

Another way ive found to do it is to cut the strips in half three times yielding 8 square 1mg pieces. I take one of these pieces and sort of pinch it together from several angles in order to make it smaller and also to give it some jaggeg edges so that I know it gets stuck up there. Then I snort this 1mg piece through a straw or rolled up dollar bill or whatever.

The key to succesfully doing this ime is in how hard I snort. Ideally you want the strip to go up far enough that it does not fall back out but not so forcefully so that it ends up in your lungs. You won't feel anything for a few minutes after insuffilating it. It will have lodged itself in your nasal cavity and will slowly begin to dissolve as it absorbs moisture up there. Within a few minutes you will begin to feel it and also smell and taste that familar orange flavor. Lightly sniff every few minutes as it dissolves more. Its quite enjoyable this way but I feel quilty using like this so I stick to sublingual admin.

^^ Somebody else here cut's them up into tiny pieces with scissors and snort's them that way. I tried it myself and wasn't impressed.

To get them to dissolve just heat water slightly, then use a rig cap or pen cap to smash and stir.

i figured this out in about 5 min.. i dont see what the big problem is...

Coming in Hot

To get them to dissolve just heat water slightly, then use a rig cap or pen cap to smash and stir.

i figured this out in about 5 min.. i dont see what the big problem is...

Indeed, it's not that complicated. I usually heat the solution to a slight bubble, & find this clears up the cloudiness of it quite a bit. Does anybody know how severely buprenorphine is degraded by heat, & if doing this reduces the potency considerably?

cleaning up suboxone film

I tried to get my doc to switch my meds from suboxone to subutex. I believes that naloxone is not affecting me in a positive way, and would rather not have the drug in my system. The doc would not prescribe me subutex, as he thought I was going to abuse it. These are not the intentions, as I does take my meds as prescribed.

Now I have the sublingual film, and have searched for ways to purify the bupe, or get out the most naloxone. I couldn't find anything. Is the official word that this is not possible unless you have a chemistry degree?

Help is appreciated!

Be Safe Everybody...

Skylines

Last edited:
Please do not say "SWIM"; read the first three links in my signature.

don't use it here at BL, it's uselss and should stand for Somone Who Is Me as far as most people are concerned. If you are going to talk about illegal shit and somone wants to bust you, rest is not a loophole
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=428413

Edit it to "I" or "me".

i edited. sorry, I am not used to posting this kind of information on the internet, and have seen the abbreviation used elsewhere a lot.

peace

from what i've read it seems like it is absolutely pointless to have naloxone in the suboxone. it seems to me that it is just there to satisfy the people in power you dig? they really believe that it is "non-abusable".

This would be immensely helpful as I would love to switch to subutex but my doctor only prescribes suboxone, meh.

On a related note, I was just switched from the 8mg tablets to the films - if you are filling these via insurance (and I know all insurance co's are different)_ was the co-pay any more?

You can print out a $75 off coupon to be used instantly in the store if you have a valid Rx for the film. I paid $5 cash out of pocket when I finally ran out of health insurance.

There's really no point to trying to get the naloxone out - the buprenorphine has stronger affinity so the naloxone doesn't even reach the receptors because the buprenorphine outcompetes it. Its effectively inactive.

I'm going to merge this into the suboxone film thread though.

I understand that it doesn't reach the receptors, but I am still putting the drug into my body. I don't understand why the drug is there, I feel as if I am being forced to put another substance into my body when I really don't need to. As much as i've read about naloxone, it is not benefiting my body but ingesting everyday.

I guess it's not that big of a deal, i'm just kind of pissed my doc wouldn't prescribe me subutex because "it is easy to abuse", like suboxone isn't. I wanted to tell him that suboxone was easy to abuse as well, but I held back because i'm sure that would not have gone over well lol.

are these out in australia yet?i was talking to a chemist the other day about this and she wouldent have a clue what they are

I understand that it doesn't reach the receptors, but I am still putting the drug into my body. I don't understand why the drug is there, I feel as if I am being forced to put another substance into my body when I really don't need to. As much as i've read about naloxone, it is not benefiting my body but ingesting everyday.

I guess it's not that big of a deal, i'm just kind of pissed my doc wouldn't prescribe me subutex because "it is easy to abuse", like suboxone isn't. I wanted to tell him that suboxone was easy to abuse as well, but I held back because i'm sure that would not have gone over well lol.

There is A LOT of misinformation about buprenorphine preparations out there and some of the worst disseminators are the doctors who prescribe it. Even the National Institute on Drug Abuse still claims that the naloxone is inactive sublingually but will prevent people from getting high if its used via other routes. Thousands of anecdotal reports hear demonstrably negate this assertion.

In principle, I understand your complaint and there's no reason the doctor shouldn't prescribe the subutex, however effectively it makes no difference. The difference between suboxone and subutex is literally the same as if one preparation contained some benign inactive ingredient and another didn't... it won't make any difference in the effects so it really does not at all matter that its present.

^technically, this should be true - however anecdotal reports are that dose effectiveness lessened in combo form. In Aust, we had Subutex first for several years. On introduction of Suboxone, many people forced to switch. A lot reported needing to up their dose to hold them. Now I can't exactly explain that but I'm prepared to give it some credence, especially given the number of reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.