• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
a L is what, 1000mL? So you'd get about 10 grams of apap.

on a side note, you seriously gonna chug a liter of that shit? brave man

So even if I filtered the hell out of it, and ended up with almost clear end product - about 4 glasses full, you're saying the APAP is still in it? What if I then evaporate it?

Yea man, doing that makes the entire process moot, that much water could hold a fatal amount of acetaminophen. I use 100mL total MAX for that many tabs normally.

Sorry man, you need to throw it out. :(

Shit, I've been doing up to 10g APAP per day for ages if that's the case. Fuuuuck.

So even if I filtered the hell out of it, and ended up with almost clear end product - about 4 glasses full, you're saying the APAP is still in it? What if I then evaporate it?

in theory you could evap it and use less water this time. idk how well it works in practice tho

Shit, I've been doing up to 10g APAP per day for ages if that's the case. Fuuuuck.

according to the OP it might only be 1 - 5 grams if the water's cold. still, i'd go to a doc and get my liver checked

Well, I threw this batch out, for sure. I feel fine, but probably better go get a checkup at some point. This is why drugs should be legal. If I could just go to the chemist and buy some freaking codeine otc, this wouldn't be an issue. Just because the doc can't find the problem with my spine doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like hell all the time.

Did my 1st CWE with 9 5/500 Vics. I didn't measure the H20, but used enough to cover the pills when dissolving them plus a wee bit more. It only took about 40 min for the product to totally filter thru a coffee filter, altho, I DID change out filters about halfway thru as it hardly was filtering at all at that point (poured the contents of the 1st filter into the 2nd, clean filter...worked fine).

The end product was about 100-150cc of a milky liquid, almost clear. I put about 1/2 of one of those kool-aid type packs you use for a bottle of H20 in the fluid and chugged. It wasn't as bad (taste wise) as people make it out to be. I think cuz I chugged it fast, I hardly noticed a bad taste. I also chased it with some soda. Slight bitter aftertaste with a hint of the soda taste. Thought about plugging it, but it was just too easy to swallow it at that point...lol.

So, now I wait. I ingested it about 15-20min ago. I'm anxious to see if this works as well as some say. The other reason (besides HR) it would be great is that when you DO try to ingest more than just 2+ pills, I dunno bout others, but I get VERY nauseated. ICK.

Thanks a million for the info....for anyone wanting to try it...it IS a very easy process, it does require a bit of patience....luckily for me...I didn't mind the wait. Great thing to do while waiting....play on BL! :0)

Thanks again, you brains! :0)

Afterthought...as I went back to proofread and edit my post a bit for spelling, etc...I'm already noticing a bit of the opiate sensation. Yippee. Now, with a moderate tolerance, that amt won't send me to the moon, but it will make me mellow a bit.

Yeah man, acetaminophen is soluble at around 10-14mg/mL in cold water. Pretty low solubility but when you multiply it against a ton of water it really adds up. That's 10-14g in 1000mL of water.

Sorbitol is not removed by a CWE. It is freely soluble in water. There's no method I'm aware of to remove it.

That's unfortunate, Solpadeine and other OTC products are full of it. I guess it's lucky codeine is an antidiarrheal. :\

hey guys i didn't read anything above this post however i've done a CWE once before only because i rarely take vic's as my opiate of choice. today i orally consumed 4g of apap in my vics, and have a decent tolerance so later decided i wanted more. this time i did another CWE but based my process of the archived thread called CWE made simple(r).

in this process it leaves out the whole freezer step, just crush pills, disolve in cold water, then filter and squeeze. i did this twice to get any left over hydro i may have missed.

question is.... i thought the liquid you consume should be mostly clear? mine was about half clear half milky. i'm assuming i let some apap into my drink, but even if i did it's still going to be less in my solution than if i had taken them orally correct?

Last edited:
^ Binders and fillers probably. My CWEs are always murky and I don't do the whole freezer process and my liver is fine.

Put 3-4 tablets of paracetamol tablets in the same amount of water as you've used to extract the codeine, and compare the clarity of the two solutions. If the liquid with paracetamol only is more 'cloudy' than liquid with codeine, it means you have less paracetamol in the codeine liquid than in the tablets you've just dissolved. Remember that codeine solution also includes binders, fillers and other substances used in manufacture of the tablets thus the codeine liquid will always be more 'cloudy'.
This is quoted from http://codeinepub.tripod.com/
Does anyone know if this simple test works?
My solution is never more cloudy than stiring a 3-4 pills in the same amount of water so I guess i've never had a high dose of apap

My solution is never more cloudy than stiring a 3-4 pills in the same amount of water so I guess i've never had a high dose of apap

It isn't really a good diagnostic in theory simply because your extraction could simply be good at getting binders/fillers out than acetaminophen. It may not be the case, but it's impossible to know.

I tried cwe for the first time today. I used the blue 10 mg lorcets. My question is: is the water supposed to be blue? everything i read on here says it should be clear like water, but maybe that is for the white pills. I apologize if this has been answered already.

Liver damage from apap?

Soo, for the past year (exactly actually) I've been on an off, mostly on, with any pain pill I can find. The euphoric/numb feeling I get helps me cope with a lot of bullshit that goes on in my life. Anyway, I've had a couple withdrawals here and there.. & that's whatever. I'm cool with it.. but I'm nervous about my liver. I know it'll be some time before I actually stop, but maybe there's like a time-span before it actually deteriorates your liver? No one knows my little habit.. so I don't really have anyone else to ask/talk to about this.

PS; I have no idea what any of these nicknames are lol. I'm totally new to this.

Wow, thanks for that. Dokomo is right, but it never occured to me to try this. I guess either way it's better than having no idea how much apap is left in the extraction, right?

I tried weighing the accumulated 'gunk' left in the filters after my last cwe and it came to 56g. I'd used 64 tablets, so that should be 32g of apap. I wouldn't have thought there would be 26g of fillers? I don't know. I'm just talking shit here. Either way, the weight surprised me, for some reason.

Last edited:
If you are taking large quantities of Hydrocodone/Oxycodone preparations which contain Acetaminophen, then it's definitely good to be aware of the effects it can have on your liver and kidneys. However, unless you are taking/have been taking thousands of milligrams per day every day, you probably don't have much to worry about.

If the painkillers you are taking don't contain Acetaminophen, then there's no need to worry at all about your liver.

Nicknames? Do you mean our screen names? Most of us just came up with some bullshit when we signed up here.

To echo what my astute peer above me was asking, are you using combination products that contain acetaminophen (vicodin, norco, percocet, etc)?

The opioids themselves are not really damaging to the liver say how alcohol is. The real problem is when people chronically consume products that contain acetaminophen in doses surpassing 4 grams a day.

If you have been doing this, I have 2 suggestions. First, start doing a Cold Water Extraction to separate out the APAP (acetaminophen) so you aren't consuming gratuitous APAP. Next, if you are concerned then see a doctor and get some liver function tests such as checking ALT and AST levels.

If you'd like information on kicking, we have lots of great info in here and for support, The Dark Side forum can't be beat.

If you are taking large quantities of Hydrocodone/Oxycodone preparations which contain Acetaminophen, then it's definitely good to be aware of the effects it can have on your liver and kidneys. However, unless you are taking/have been taking thousands of milligrams per day every day, you probably don't have much to worry about.

If the painkillers you are taking don't contain Acetaminophen, then there's no need to worry at all about your liver.

Nicknames? Do you mean our screen names? Most of us just came up with some bullshit when we signed up here.

Heh, no I mean benzos & such. I know it can damage my liver, but I knew nothing about my kidneys. I usually take 4, 750 es Watson Vics daily for a bit.. then I'll stop and take Klonopin (which I use for anti anxiety) for my withdrawals.

Last edited:
If you have been doing this, I have 2 suggestions. First, start doing a Cold Water Extraction to separate out the APAP (acetaminophen) so you aren't consuming gratuitous APAP. Next, if you are concerned then see a doctor and get some liver function tests such as checking ALT and AST levels.

If you'd like information on kicking, we have lots of great info in here and for support, The Dark Side forum can't be beat.

Eventually, I'd like to kick the habit.
Erm, how do I do a Cold Water Extraction?

Edit; Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the help/replies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.