• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i know i dont want the apap to go int here - i have done cold water extraction before and i used coffee filters - will prob need , to get some more

i was hoping i could do it with muslin but - the gaps are probably to big in it - its fine for kava - but with apap obv i have to be safe -

yeah the apap is a lot smaller than kava lol.. you dont have any coffee filters? ill mail you some if you want lol

To be honest, anything will work well enough. Your CWE would have to be fucking massive to even approach overdose potential if you're being sensible with the amount and temperature of the water.

Seconded T-shirt suggestion. Cut a square out of one you don't mind wrecking.

I'd just like to say that after you've used a square of T-Shirt cloth, make sure you wash it thoroughly!
If you don't it'll start to gain a lot of bacteria and will likely cause you a great deal of stomach pain and possibly make you very ill.

I'd just like to say that after you've used a square of T-Shirt cloth, make sure you wash it thoroughly!
If you don't it'll start to gain a lot of bacteria and will likely cause you a great deal of stomach pain and possibly make you very ill.

Yeah, I should probably do that.. But real men laugh in the face of danger ;)

Ok hang on a minute guys , need to share this with all of you

i did a CWE last night with a T shirt like was suggested by many on hear

i used 15 co-dydramol tablets (10mg dihydrocodeine and 500mg of paracetamol [apap] )

i used very cold (its freezing out there) tap water about - one mugs worth.

i crunched the tablets up, and mixed them in to the cup of cold tap water - and i poured the soloution through a square of t shirt (normal t shirt - the weave of the t shirt was close and tight) it filtered quickly and it didnt seem to leave much paracetamol behind which was a bit worrying - but it left a fair bit and i thought well it has been extracted so its not gonna look like as much but i though oh well im sure the blue lighters know what they are talking about.

and i drank it. (i should note at this point that i have done CWE before i once did about 30 8/500 co-codamols. (8mg codeine 500 paracetamol). and i did it with a coffee filter - which was so much more effective at removing the APAP. i

it worked and it was great but after 4 hrs my liver hurt a lot ..... i was fucking scared and i felt like i had been very stupid. i couldnt sleep (it was 2am) and i could feel my body going through some strange sensations. i thought i might have to call the ambulance.

now a lot of this was probably just me panicking - and i wasnt in agony by any means - but my liver did hurt - for real ... i could tell i had damaged myself - and i was genuinely scared.

so please guys.. for what its worth - this Free Man wont be doing it with a mother fucking T shirt again... sure it filters quicker - but it doesnt remove enough apap.

i wanna be a free man - not a dead man

peace out

I've just started my first CWE. Upto now I have successfully: -

1) Crushed pills containing APAP/Dihydrocodeine giving a total amount of DHC of ~300mgs (SWIM usual dose).

2)Mixed solution with warmish water intil mixed in properly. SWIM used 2ml water per tablet.

3) Placed solution to cool in freezer for 20-25 mins and took out when container felt very cold.

4) Attached 2 pre-moistened coffee filters to a large tumber fastened with elastic band.

5) Took out cold solution from freezer and began to pour nto glass thru filters.

This where things seem to have gone wrong.

When I poured solution into the 2 coffee filters a lot of it poured thru straight away. It is now just dripping. HOWEVER, the solution is a VERY milky colour and cloudy, not clear like water.

When I had emptied the glass containing the cooled solution into the filtered glass there was A LOT of white sludge left at the bottom of the glass.

What should I do with this? Upto know I have mixed it up again with very cold water and put bag in fridge and was thinking of refiltering this again later on incase any DHC is caught up in the white sludge? Could it be?

What do other people with experience in this field think about this? Any help or advice? I am particularly concerned about the cloudiness/milky colour of the solution after the first filter thru 2 coffee filters!!!

Please help!!! Any advice etc greatly appreciated. I don't want to end up in A&E with APAP poisoning!! (Not that I would drink it if I did'nt think it was safe!!)

Could anyone tell me the issues/problems/dangers of using too much water in a CWE?

One of my filters broke then and I have had to conbine the two seperate filtering glasses into a jug to back into the freezer to cool again before doing another filter using coffee filters to make sure there isn't too much APAP in the final solution.

When I stuck int all nack in the jug the solution measured around 200mls. Is this bad? Should I throw it away?

I stared with a total of 37 pills that totalled 18.5 g's of APAP and around 300mg's of Dihydrocodeine (my usual dose. I am a noob at CWE's and I think am making a right mess of it and I'm worried I'm going to poison myself with APAP!

dude i just pm'd you

i was wondering if the filter broke - 200ml is fine i think for that many tablets - should be safe - but you are probably pouring too much water into the filter at once

did ur pour the whole 200ml in there ???

No a bit at a time. One of the filters did break and I had two filters going at once so I mixed them back up, put them back in the freezer until very cold, and now have 2 more filters thru coffee filters going on as we speak.

Its annoying though coz the liquid has no solids but still very milky and cloudy. The best description would be like watered down milk or very very thin Skimmed milk.

Free Man, I am not allowed to PM (Noob??) so here is my reply: -

The "sludge" was at the bottom of the glass when I had poured out the liquid that had been sitting in the freezer into the filter. I am guessing this is the insoluable APAP?

After the first filter there was a lot of sludge in the coffee filter and that was binned.

I hope this is safe practice and thanks for your help and concern.

Free Man, I am not allowed to PM (Noob??) so here is my reply: -

The "sludge" was at the bottom of the glass when I had poured out the liquid that had been sitting in the freezer into the filter. I am guessing this is the insoluable APAP?

yes thats exactly what it is and other fillers and crap that they put in pills .... its anything that wont dissolve ...

After the first filter there was a lot of sludge in the coffee filter and that was binned.

good throw the sludge away - thats the stuff that will kill your ass

I hope this is safe practice and thanks for your help and concern.

yes it sounds like your doing it right. and your welcome.

you have used a shit ton of pills for your first go at this tho - 300mgs is a lot of DHC as well but it sounds like you have high tolerance so that should be cool - personally i never needed more than 150mg of that stuff per hit. i too had the pure 30mg dhc tabs - they were so much fun - then i got addicted - ouch

u mentioned earlier that the soloution just went "straight through" the filter - this does not sound right at all.. did the filter break again ?

dont pour the whole 200mls of water onto the filter at the same time - thats prob why the filter broke ?

thinking about it will filter through quite quickly the first time - because the apap hasnt managed to clog up the the tiny tiny wholes in the filter yet...

just keep filtering it until the water is reasonably pure and clear -

should be ok

PS 200 ML of water is fine - no more than this though yeah

I do have tolerance I usually take 300-330 mg's of pure DHC in 30 mg's tabs but was left short by being a bit over generous at Xmas. My script isn't due until another week or so but I had some Paramol and Co-dydramol lying around (containing 7.5 mg's and 10 mg's of DHC respectively) so thought I would have a go at this CWE malarchy.

When it went straight thru was the very first filter and when the mixture was fresh straight out of the freezer. All the APAP was left as sludge at the bottoms of the glass I repeated the cooling and filtering process with this "sludge" that was left at the bottom of the glass to try and get the remaining DHC out of it.

I am left with two glass that are slowly filtering with the coffee filters now. They aren't both "clear" though, I wouldn't say "milky" either. I would say in between. "Light Grey" would be a good description of it presently.The remaining APAP is clogging up the filters and really slowing the process down a lot!!

Thank you for all your help!!!!

Sorry for all the noob questions but this is my 1st time.

I am looking at them now and there is still liquid in the filters but the water is hardly dripping thru it down into the glass. Could the remaining APAP totally clog up the filter preventing the remaining water dripping thru to the glass below?

If yes is there anything that can be done about this?

I do have tolerance I usually take 300-330 mg's of pure DHC in 30 mg's tabs but was left short by being a bit over generous at Xmas. My script isn't due until another week or so but I had some Paramol and Co-dydramol lying around (containing 7.5 mg's and 10 mg's of DHC respectively) so thought I would have a go at this CWE malarchy.

When it went straight thru was the very first filter and when the mixture was fresh straight out of the freezer. All the APAP was left as sludge at the bottoms of the glass I repeated the cooling and filtering process with this "sludge" that was left at the bottom of the glass to try and get the remaining DHC out of it.

I am left with two glass that are slowly filtering with the coffee filters now. They aren't both "clear" though, I wouldn't say "milky" either. I would say in between. "Light Grey" would be a good description of it presently.The remaining APAP is clogging up the filters and really slowing the process down a lot!!

Thank you for all your help!!!!

hey toela no problem man , i have co-dydramol too , and ive taken paramol before - i live in england

after this filter u should be good to go

just make sure of the following

1. check that the filter has not broken at all remove it from the glass and hold it over the bin - and just check the underside of it and make sure no sludge has come out

2. check the liquid and make sure that u dont have sludge in there. it wont be crystal clear - it will be a little bit murky - ur not making fucking mineral water here after all! ;)

3. its gonna taste like shit - just a warning - u might wanna chuck a little bit of ribena or something in there with it.

4. it will prob hit you faster than taking tabs orally - because u have already disolved the shit into water - (youve done the first part of the digestion process for your stomach) - expect to start to feel high after 10-15 mins

5. do it on an empty stomach - u can eat later if you are hungry (unlikely)

6. enjoy

:)

Sorry for all the noob questions but this is my 1st time.

I am looking at them now and there is still liquid in the filters but the water is hardly dripping thru it down into the glass. Could the remaining APAP totally clog up the filter preventing the remaining water dripping thru to the glass below?

If yes is there anything that can be done about this?

it will take a while now - cause you have used a lot of tablets - (as i said earlier)

the apap sludge has clogged the filter up good and proper - best to just leave it tho man - dont go poking around in there just be patient - and let it drip slowly.

Thanks Free for all your help you've made this a lot easier to a Noob!!

I'm doubtful but hopeful that I'll feel anything as I have broke filters and farted around that much I wouldn't be surprised is there was only half the DHC in there as when I started lol!!

I have heard about the taste so Im thinking a splash of Ribena and a little sugar. I take Kratom a lot so I believe if you can take that orally you can take anything haha!!

I'm in the UK too. Scripted Co-dydramol and pure DHC for Sciatica (not allowed NSAIDs - Thank god!!). Pisses me off because DHC is a bit shit once you form ANY form of tolerance!!

Its annoying as if I had the EXACT same ailment in the US I'd be something that was decent recreationally but bloody got rid of the pain. I'd be on at least Vicodin (Hydrocodone) from what some of our US cousins have told me!!

Any rant over and thanks for the help!!

I take it once it stops dripping I'm good to go?

Thanks Free for all your help you've made this a lot easier to a Noob!!

I'm doubtful but hopeful that I'll feel anything as I have broke filters and farted around that much I wouldn't be surprised is there was only half the DHC in there as when I started lol!!

I have heard about the taste so Im thinking a splash of Ribena and a little sugar. I take Kratom a lot so I believe if you can take that orally you can take anything haha!!

I'm in the UK too. Scripted Co-dydramol and pure DHC for Sciatica (not allowed NSAIDs - Thank god!!). Pisses me off because DHC is a bit shit once you form ANY form of tolerance!!

Its annoying as if I had the EXACT same ailment in the US I'd be something that was decent recreationally but bloody got rid of the pain. I'd be on at least Vicodin (Hydrocodone) from what some of our US cousins have told me!!

Any rant over and thanks for the help!!

I take it once it stops dripping I'm good to go?

lol , yeah i have sciatica too - but i abused my dhc so much that my doc got wise - and now im only aloud co-dydramol .... oh well its actually a much longer story than that - but thats the short version lol

hey again your welcome :) im glad to help - most of us on here will help out with advice - its what we do - we try and keep each other alive! ;)

donk knock the dhc too much - i found it to be great - sure maybe not as good as hydro-codone (i know ALL about opiates btw) but its still pretty good - i think im lucky cause everyone varies with DHC for some people its almost the same as codeine - but for me its stronger. not quite twice as strong but almost. (its to do with individual metabolism as you may already know ?)

ok so yeah dont worry about it not being the full 300mgsu will never extract the full ammountof codeine or dhc anyway - some always gets stuck to the filter or left over from where u crushed the tablets etc etc

tell me though when the filter broke - what happend ? did any of the sluge from the broken filter go into the soloution ?

and then u filtered it again ?

Yes it did hence the regathering of the seperate filters, cooling and re-filtering.

Its a good job I did this as the filter that was filled second (so got what was at the bottom of the glass) has just finished and when I rtemoved the filter, gave it a squeeze for the last dregs of water, and then opened it up, there was HUGE clump of APAP in there which is now in the bin.

Thats about a ping-pong balls size of APAP I have threw in the bin throughout this process!!

Status
Not open for further replies.