• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

neurontin ?

sure

bandito said:
Bianca, would you take 900mg and not at bedtime, say a good few hours before bedtime and report the effects please? :)

why though???

oh!!!!!!!

never mind just read your previous thread, suppose to be a good kick in the ass eh?? I will let u know=D

dubmachine said:
I take 60mg d-amp, 100-200mg lamictal and 600-1200mgNeurontin for ADHD & bipolar. Great combo. lamictal keeps me from hitting rock bottom, and the Neuros elevate my mood a bit and give me energy, since dex doesn't. I also think they help take the edge off of just about anything from headaches to (really)light opiate wd's.

The more you use it though, the less you feel it. take a week off and you're back to square 1 and it feels nice. It has a nice disinhibiting effect when used w/ alcohol.

I think it's useful for rec and therap. applications, but I haven't tried Lyrica yet though.

thanks...interesting that it gives you energy. 60 mg of dex is a lot! i am prescribed to adderall 25 mg as well as the lamictal, but i rarely take the adderall. i'm not sure if i want to 'feel' my mood stabilizer. i actually want to get off the lamictal but my doctor keeps saying 'fine but you have to switch to something else'...hence my question about neurontin, which is something she suggested.

bianca, what's PAD?

jasoncrest said:
Man, everytime I take Neurontin (about once every 2 months) I always take 4800mg.
So I don't think that it is because of the dosage that I don't feel much from it...

And many other bluelighters have also taken 4800mg Neurontin with not much effect...

neurontin has to be taken daily for two weeks in order to achieve the desired effect. and no. neurontin has no recreational value..

Well last night I decided to test out Lyrica as a recreational drug. I am Rx'd 300mg/day in divided doses (BID).

Yesterday I took 375mg of Lyrica at once with 30mg codeine and I have to say I did get a buzz from it. Hard to describe. Relaxation, mild muscle incoordination, little euphoria, pain relief from various nerve injuries I've acquired over the years, and sleepy towards the end. It was very pleasant but unlike anything I've tried before. Sort of benzoish or GHBish...like a combo of the two sort of. Had the best nights sleep I've had in a long time as well. I also find that it seems to promote deep sleep, where benzos screw up your sleep cycle.

I still felt it this morning when I woke up. I took my usual preworkout 'arousal agents' then took 150mg Lyrica and 30mg Codeine afterwords. Smoking bud throughout (but not tons...I don't smoke that much). I took another 375mg a while ago and so far I'm feeling OK but not quite as messed up as yesterday. Guess the tolerance thing happens rapidly. Nice to know that I can get buzzed on it periodically.

I have been sort of alternating them with benzos. It also seems to synergize nicely with opiates.

well here we go again , people . different drugs affect different people in different ways.

let THAT be the only blanket statemnet on this thread PLEEZ.

I have piles and piles of bottles of both lyrica and neurontin now.

guess which one has tunned outto be better for me pain, my thinking , my happiness, my NONdrowsiness, and my occasional ( if I get lucky ) profound trippyness ?

answer : neurontin gabapentin is the winner

with only one thing about lyrica winning the tests :

with lyrica I didnt have insomnia for two weeks .

i didnt need any lunesta even though my job was stressful. however

during the day at work Lyrica didnt succeed in covering anxiety at any dose.

everyone is different lets face it . I have freinds who cant trip even 1 % off DXM or shrooms. there ya go.

tomeyto said:
neurontin has no recreational value..

Says you... 8) I have a relative who is prescribed Gabapentin for nerve pain, i've had plenty access to em, and let me assure you once and for all. They do have recreational value... At least for me and about 30 other people i know in person who've tried em.

yep ...to top it off . I had kensho/satori my first day on neuronin - oct 11 2003. it was the greatest day of my life . like eating a kilo of MDMA but . wellll, better. wish THAT would happen agin but it aint likely.

soon I will try x while on neurontin and hope it goes pretty well too.

Is nerontin harful in these higher than therapeutic doses? I've got some sitting in me medicine closet.

bandito said:
Says you... 8) I have a relative who is prescribed Gabapentin for nerve pain, i've had plenty access to em, and let me assure you once and for all. They do have recreational value... At least for me and about 30 other people i know in person who've tried em.

ask these 30 people about their second or third experiences..

edit: it's not a controlled substance. so what's the point in stating that you have plenty access?

Last edited:
stillbeing said:
well here we go again , people . different drugs affect different people in different ways.

let THAT be the only blanket statemnet on this thread PLEEZ.

I have piles and piles of bottles of both lyrica and neurontin now.

guess which one has tunned outto be better for me pain, my thinking , my happiness, my NONdrowsiness, and my occasional ( if I get lucky ) profound trippyness ?

answer : neurontin gabapentin is the winner

with only one thing about lyrica winning the tests :

with lyrica I didnt have insomnia for two weeks .

i didnt need any lunesta even though my job was stressful. however

during the day at work Lyrica didnt succeed in covering anxiety at any dose.

everyone is different lets face it . I have freinds who cant trip even 1 % off DXM or shrooms. there ya go.

lyrica is pregabalin not gabapentin..

neurontin ( gabapentin ) is the superior drug for me in nearly every way with the exception of Lyrica ( pregabalin ) acting as a late in the day / evening anxity reducer, helping sleep. thats all I was saying .

just read on wiki that Naproxen can increase bioavailability by around 17% (of neurontin, just thought that was interesting) and eating food increases bioavailablity by 13%!

Gabapentin is the devil in pill form. Keeps me from sleeping, and makes me very ill. FUCK NEURONTIN!!

bandito said:

Isn't placebo fun;)

egor said:
Isn't placebo fun;)
i admit that it gives a little euphoria during the first experience otherwise, i agree that it is a placebo regarding its recreational value. but still it is considered as a potent medicine regarding the treatment of multiple-sclerosis..

it is no way a placebo. no no no way.
Those who doubt : get a bunch of lab rats , stuff em with gabapentin and watch some SOME of them ...smile ( !! ) ie: it doesnt work on everyone as a pleasure inducer but it does work on others ( in a non placebo way ) I hav PROVED this for myself ( not with rats of course )