• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football ver 2009-2010

wow, I wish I would have waited after that Ole Miss game where Sneed self-destructed, to make that post.

I knew there was a reason I hesitated in gloating on having 3 of the top 4 in one conference ;) And, for the very same reason I will hesitate further on 'king of each conference' projections until after some more in-conference games have been played for everyone. Though, I'll also state that I probably won't play much attention to the Big Easy, no matter what. :|

I will say that I like Miami, but there is a voice in my head saying a) they are getting the hype because they are getting the TV time; and b ) they are getting the hype based on beating ranked teams....when the rankings are showing more than ever to be bullshit at this point in the season. Still, I do like them being at or near the top of the ACC (yes, projection, despite my saying I won't).

I'm imagining PSU riding to the top of the Big10+1, but not expecting it. Too many chances for upsets, for them to be exposed, for them to look past a game. They aren't so utterly unbeatable that they can put on jerseys, and win without leaving the locker room. Same goes for TEX in the Big12, though there is more of a chance for them to make it through, IMO - in part because of the chip on their shoulder, in part because the rest of the conferece feels themselves inferior, whether they are or not. And like FL, TX is getting so much (bullshit) poll hype, it will keep them up there even if they trip on a game. Which brings me to FL....and as much as I love my team, and will accept the reasons-excuses about illness and a lack of depth at WR....I am not sure they'll make the SECCG, much less the NC. I'd lean to AL at this point in the SEC, but given USCe (Gamecocks, as opposed to USCw Trojans) upsetting Ole Miss (overranked)....I want to see more conference games before really picking a favorite. PAC10, I'm liking CAL with Best, and would be tickled pink for them to beat USCw. I'd be a little more ecstatic if any other team also beat USCw this season. :D

Lol at the gator haters. We won't win cause Harvin isn't here? Demps is faster than harvin, Rainey is the same, oh and we have like the best third down back inthe country: Moody. I will admit the receiving took a hit but still our D is still solid and we aren't pushovers.

Lol at the gator haters. We won't win cause Harvin isn't here? Demps is faster than harvin, Rainey is the same, oh and we have like the best third down back inthe country: Moody. I will admit the receiving took a hit but still our D is still solid and we aren't pushovers.

I hate the Gators, don't get me wrong. You guys are pussies who refuse to play us every year because you get all whiny about your SEC schedule. To that, I say, if you want to be the champs you got to beat the champs. Especially if those champs are in your own state.

However, I will not shit on your talent this year. You guys are great. I just think that without Harvin and with the emergence of other programs, you are not the best anymore. You have a monster defense and a great QB, but Rainey and Demps are nowhere near as good as Harvin. It's an insult to one of the most dynamic playmakers of all time to compare him to them. They are as fast, but not nearly as shifty and reliable. Moody as the best third down back in the country is a joke.

So to summarize my point, the Gators are a great, top 5 team, but I doubt they make it to the NC this year with Alabama in the conference.

Who is us? Dude Alabama won't make it past lsu soooo yeah.... BTW we are missing Murphy more than harvin. Don't attack our run game, I already pointed out why. Our receivers are the Achilles heel this year.

Who is us? Dude Alabama won't make it past lsu soooo yeah.... BTW we are missing Murphy more than harvin. Don't attack our run game, I already pointed out why. Our receivers are the Achilles heel this year.

Miami bitch. And LSU is not going to beat Alabama (although I would like for that to happen). And I already attacked your run game, saying that it's pretty good but not the best in the nation.

Miami lol. This ain't the 80s. They might lose today, and the ACC is so weak even if they went tithe NC they would lose as they aren't tested enough. Kinda like a PAC 10 team other than USC. I will say though I really like your QB and recievers. Just saw a stat that 10 players have over 10 YPC. That's damn good man.

Miami lol. This ain't the 80s. They might lose today, and the ACC is so weak even if they went tithe NC they would lose as they aren't tested enough. Kinda like a PAC 10 team other than USC. I will say though I really like your QB and recievers. Just saw a stat that 10 players have over 10 YPC. That's damn good man.

It ain't the 80's but guess what? We've won NC's in the 90's and 2000's as well. The ACC is also a tougher conference than the media would have you believe, especially with the resurgence of FSU and the emergence of Georgia Tech and North Carolina. And what planet are you coming from "the Canes won't be tested"? We beat two ranked teams and are about to take on Virginia Tech today and Oklahoma next week. If we win those two games, which I think we will, there is nobody in the country who can beat us. Not even Florida.

Oh, I heard Tebow has the swine flu by the way. I send my regards.

Major Wright and Tebow have a respiratory illness and travelled separately. Hopefully UK can get some kind of advantage and win this thing. I doubt it though.

It's funny how fans of losing teams hope for tebow to have swine flu. Says alot about your teams. And SW why can't we just get along ;).

How'd MJ do that time he played with the flu? Oh yeah, he went on to win the NBA championship (again).

Be careful what you wish for guys, that super-mutant influenza won't stop Tebow, just make him stronger...

It ain't the 80's but guess what? We've won NC's in the 90's and 2000's as well. The ACC is also a tougher conference than the media would have you believe, especially with the resurgence of FSU and the emergence of Georgia Tech and North Carolina. And what planet are you coming from "the Canes won't be tested"? We beat two ranked teams and are about to take on Virginia Tech today and Oklahoma next week. If we win those two games, which I think we will, there is nobody in the country who can beat us. Not even Florida.

Oh, I heard Tebow has the swine flu by the way. I send my regards.

Dude its not even the end of the first quarter and your down 14. Come back and hate on the gators after your team is more than just hype. :)

I hate the Gators, don't get me wrong. You guys are pussies who refuse to play us every year because you get all whiny about your SEC schedule. To that, I say, if you want to be the champs you got to beat the champs. Especially if those champs are in your own state.

Miami bitch.

Beat the champ to be the champ? Let's see....2008, 2006, 1996....and your last championship was....? Oh yeah, 2001 ...and before that was 1991. You may have 5 to our 3, but who has most recently been the champ? That would make us the one you gotta beat to be the champ, I believe. Hence your whining about not getting to play us, I suppose.

But wait! What do I see? Sept 26, 2008 .... MIA 3 - UF 26 ... and your bitch of a coach pissing about a field goal?

Tying to beat you to your response - the last time MIA beat UF was 2003 with a much closer score of 33-38 but MIA coming out the winner. What can I say, we were Zooked, and we shouldn't have even been that close. We're Meyered now, better watch out, he knows how to win. ;)

Dude its not even the end of the first quarter and your down 14. Come back and hate on the gators after your team is more than just hype. :)

new5_muttley.gif

Nice troll by the way ;) One thing you didn't bring up to tmd which I will - Moody as a 3rd down back is NOT the best in the nation, unless you consider number of fumbles an positive characteristic :| You're on the mark though with our other backs being faster, but not in the same class as a 'player' with Harvin :\

as much as it pains me to say this, deep down, I knew that cal was overrated. :'(

I can't believe ASU choked so badly against Georgia...damn you Dennis Erickson.

a lot of football was played this weekend! looks like the Hurricanes hit a brick wall in Virginia Tech's staunch defense, and most importantly, a very great coach in Frank Beamer. I believe on the collegiate level, that the coaching staff can supercede the players (most of the time) in importance. have I overhyped Miami? perhaps. they beat two teams in Georgia Tech and Florida State that were supossed to have good years but have kind of stumbled. we will see next week when the Boomer Sooners play the U.

lots of top 10 teams faltered yesterday, where the Top 3 perpetually took care of business. Alabama, Florida, and Texas are playing football unequal to the rest of the country. it was sad to see Cal and Jahvid Best go down, and it is sad to see the Pac-10 implode on itself. however, we all knew Cal wasn't that good because they went toe-to-toe with a very mediocre Minnesota Golden Gopher team. heh, I just wish Ohio State could play USC now.

it's great to be an Ohio State fan, finally a contrast of two weeks ago. the Buckeyes haven't been scored on for 8 quarters. even though the first 4 of those quarters come from Toledo, they were averaging 42 ppg prior to this, and Illinois is not so good but we all know that they can and should score. I am a believer that whenever your team pitches a shut-out, it is a very very good thing. Ohio State has come together defensively. the offense needs a little bit more work, and it would be real nice to see Terrelle Pryor develop more in his sophomore season a la Troy Smith and the way he took care of business.

Penn State, a team like the entirity of the SEC who plays cupcakes in out of conference matches, got sidelined by an Iowa Hawkeyes team that shouldn't be good at all, sans the great Shonn Greene. I was also rooting for Miss State to best the impressive Jefferson-led Louisiana State Tigers, but LSU is too good to be losing like that.

it will be impressive to see the top 10 come out today. surely, Ohio State is in and Penn State is out. do you all think it's possible for Boise State to leapfrog LSU? what team will fill the gap that Ole Miss has left behind?

that's where I disagree. pro football is my most favorite display of sports in any of its form. the NFL has such great athletes, that they game is so pure, powerful, and not to mention fast. everything moves so fast. the parity of the NFL is a beautiful thing as well, in the first two or three weeks of the season - most of the teams are so evenly matched it makes for a great watching experience.

one thing I love about college football is the passion. while some professional teams have that type of passion (thankfully my Steelers do), almost all of the college football teams have passionate fans. I can go in a bar anywhere in the country and argue with that country's college football team's fan for hours. also, I like riots and lighting things on fire. while OSU hasn't had one of those for about four years, I believe our day will come.

nothing beats the NFL. it's just so beautiful to watch.

It's all about the maize & blue. Michigan baby, 4 and 0... we're baaaaaaaaack! The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Forcier and the running backs are pretty keen too. However, with all that being said, the less that is said about the defense, particularly against the run, the better.

I don't have much to say about Georgia after last night's game. ASU's defense looked pretty stout, esp. that Burfict guy. If the dawgs continue with the turnovers, we will be lucky if we're 7-5. LSU looks very beatable and we will know a lot more about both Georgia and LSU after next week. I'm glad LSU didn't lose because I don't want an angry LSU to show up next week. Demoralized, yes. Angry, no. Dawgs D made some pretty good plays, but I still see a serious lack of coaching and experience which will hopefully resolve itself later on in the year. Since it was raining, I'll excuse some of the sloppy play. I don't like winning in the last 2 seconds with a FG but I'll take the win. Florida looked very good against an anemic Kentucky team and we'll have to see how Tebow heals after that really nasty hit(s). You never want to see a player with that dazed look in his eyes. It may take a couple of weeks for Tebow to get over that one. Lucky for them, they have a bye next week. He'll probably be good for LSU on Oct. 10. GOOO DAWGS! Focus: Louisiana State.