• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football ver 2009-2010

Axl but they play for money not school pride. You often times see peple not giving 100%. Yes they are better athletes but are they are motivated and filled with pride week in and weeek out? Also in college there is a better chance you could get replaced than in the pros. Many players never have to worry about their spot.

It ain't the 80's but guess what? We've won NC's in the 90's and 2000's as well. The ACC is also a tougher conference than the media would have you believe, especially with the resurgence of FSU and the emergence of Georgia Tech and North Carolina. And what planet are you coming from "the Canes won't be tested"? We beat two ranked teams and are about to take on Virginia Tech today and Oklahoma next week. If we win those two games, which I think we will, there is nobody in the country who can beat us. Not even Florida.

Oh, I heard Tebow has the swine flu by the way. I send my regards.

Fucking L-O-L

God, what a difference a saturday makes, no? I don't know what blogs this guy is reading, but the ACC is still a very weak conference.

To correct some of the talk: Florida still has an easy walk to the NC. Alabama isn't as good as they are, and gawd, Alabama isn't going to lose to LSU this year-- not without some help from God, anyway.

I have Florida on upset alert for this Saturday. as much as I don't want to see players hurt, even someone of the likes of Tim Tebow, he got his bell run. I believe they are playing the game at LSU. I wouldn't say Florida has an "easy walk," they have to get through LSU and then probably Alabama in the SEC West. as a whole, I would say that Florida's SEC East is having a down year. they should blow by all the teams because the Cocktail Party game shouldn't be that strong of a match-up with UGA probably not breaching the Top 10.

as a former player, I know that concussions can mess up your whole mentality. he might play cautious, specially because he is the type of college player that uses his whole body to insert his will on opposing defenses. Tebow has been the paradigm of perfection for the last couple years, of course, so he could overcome this. however, he could not - and a game at LSU is a perfect game to lose.

UGA plays LSU this coming saturday, not UF.

And frankly, I like the Dawgs' chances against the tigers, so naturally i think they're a real mismatch against the gators. We will see, though. That is after all, as crusty old lou says, why they play the games.

Anybody else really disappointed that Cal went down so hard against the Ducks? They looked really one dimensional and all the week before, with Best running through holes when he got blocks, but then just running around them when blocks didn;t appear. I guess Oregon just practiced for it, because I don't see their run D as that powerful.

As for Ole miss-- you blow your first big game, and really blow your ranking, but they have lots of ranked conference opponents to build it back up if they are the real deal. IMO they only a little better than UGA, though.

Last edited:
Yes, UF has 2 weeks to prepare for LSU.....to get healthy, recover from concussions and shake out the cobwebs, etc. Watching UGA-LSU this weekend will be like a box of chocolates....on both sidelines.

I am very disappointed with CAL. :\ But I'm still hoping they can take down USC.

Ole Miss? More chocolates.... :|

7167713_gal.jpg

I'm super, thanks for asking. :D

According to his coach, "Tim is fine." That's all the professional medical information I need.

EDIT - went and checked my homer web site, and there IS an update:

Meyer on Tebow: 'He's doing good'

bilde

Last edited:
Anybody else really disappointed that Cal went down so hard against the Ducks? They looked really one dimensional and all the week before, with Best running through holes when he got blocks, but then just running around them when blocks didn;t appear. I guess Oregon just practiced for it, because I don't see their run D as that powerful.

meh, like I said - they barely beat the Minnesota Golden Gophers, dontcha know? although the Gophers are on the up and up with a slick new coach, they are nowhere near a good football team yet. however, with USC's inability to play inferior in-conference opponents, I am pretty sure that Cal will beat the Trojans this year.

damn, looks like I was off on the LSU/FL game. sometimes I get too excited about things, as I'm sure you all know.

LSU VS UGA should be a good game, but I see UGA's defense having a hard time keeping up with the better than average Jefferson.

Ohio State is away at Indiana this week. snoooooooze. I wish the ball was on the court this week, so maybe it would be good watchin'.

what are the other games ya'll are looking forward to watching this week?

LOL UCLA is the lone unbeaten in the Pac-10. Tough game @ the Farm against Stanford. Please don't suck Kevin Craft.

I smell some upsets today, ranging from the probable to just maybe.

Michigan St over Michigan - UM's undefeated record has forced them into the Top 25, but while this program is better, it most certainly isn't "back" yet. the Big Blue's much heralded win over Notre Dame looks worst every week.

Illinois over Penn State - could happen, and here's why. Penn State hasn't proved to be very good on offense this year, and Ron Zook should be in desperate mode after losing this many games with what should have been a very complete team.

Cal over USC - Cal plays the best at home, and USC's offense looks impotent.

Vandy over Ole Miss - don't dismiss this just yet. anything can happen when your QB performs as poorly as Jevon Sneed.

what ya think?

some people said Kentucky over Alabama, but I didn't buy it. at the end of the first quarter it's 7-6 Bama. would be most interesting in the SEC if Kentucky won.

Well you got one of them. LOL @ Cal though. Man the wheels are coming off now. They may find some real trouble ahead in the Pac.

Tough game for the Bruins @ the Farm. Stanford played a solid game throughout and the UCLA defense shot themselves in the foot a couple of times which cost them dearly. Kevin Craft didn't play too poorly but it was obvious his inability to throw a pass past 10 yards limited the offense. TOP hurt the most with the Cardinal holding the ball essentially 2 to 1 through 3 quarters.

I'm not too bummed about it though. Playing with the backup QB was a problem to start and luckily Craft didn't make many mistakes. Hopefully Prince will be back for a huge game at home against Oregon. After that they have Cal at home which I like UCLA's chances in too. Tedford's struggled @ the Rose Bowl over the years.

Ohhhh Shit. The Canes are back, despite beating themselves against Virginia Tech last week. Still, 11-1 is not bad and better than we've been in a long time. Still not good enough for the Canes, but good. And lol at all the people hating throughout this week. Only one of my several predictions didn't come through and everybody jumps on it.

Florida still will not play in the NC game. Too many teams are better than them now. Including the Canes. Alabama will go far (even though I hate them). Virginia Tech will lose a couple of times, and our 31-7 loss to them will be a head-scratcher by seasons end, seeing as how we could still play in the NC with a little bit of luck.

LSU v UGA
What can I say? Actually that should have read UGA vs Referees. Defensive struggle until about 2 minutes on the clock. You automatically get penalized if you are caught looking up at the student section after a touchdown. In fact, the SEC Rulebook says if you look up at the crowd, you forfeit the game.
Granted, we shouldn't have been in that position to start with, but the refs really need to do a double take before they throw a flag on a "penalty" that is kind of a judgement call, especially when that penalty can dictate the final score. If we had not been penalized, we could have kicked off (not 15 yards farther down the field) and possibly, just possibly, pinned them in around the 20-25 yard line. You give us the 15 yard penalty, they automatically get the ball in our territory, right near field goal distance to win the game with a minute or so left in the game. I hope there will be disciplinary action against these SEC officials. They certainly released a statement on the game more quickly than I have ever witnessed in all of football. They know it was Bullshit. We got cheated out of an AJ Green touchdown last week, when his foot was obviously in bounds and an "illegal hit" by Reshad Jones in the OK.St. game, which was a clean hit, allowed them to score 7 points, thus changing the game around and Oklahoma St. wins. I don't think there out to get us, but it does show a general lack of quality officials in the Southeastern Conference. Fire them.

Florida still will not play in the NC game. Too many teams are better than them now. Including the Canes. Alabama will go far (even though I hate them). Virginia Tech will lose a couple of times, and our 31-7 loss to them will be a head-scratcher by seasons end, seeing as how we could still play in the NC with a little bit of luck.

as much as I despise Florida it is useless to argue that they are not the best team in the country right now. Miami has been a desperate program ever since Larry Coker got fired. although I enjoy watching the Canes play, I think you may have drank the kool-aid rather impulsively and suddenly.

Miami is playing nowhere near the caliber of football as Texas, Florida, or Alabama. I don't think they are quite at the level of the rest of the top 10 (as in schools like USC and OSU). Oklahoma isn't the team it was last season, but still, congrats on the win. like I said Jacory Harris is a straight baller.

I like Alabama a lot. They have a straight up pro style offense and incredible players in Defense. In fact, I think I'd put them up as #1 if FU wasn't reigning National Champs. Texas looks pretty good too, but I'd like to see them up against Bama's D and then we'll see how good they really are. LSU will get knocked off by FU next week, Tebow or no Tebow. Brantley will do just fine in dispatching LSU (that is, unless they carry the same officiating crew they had this week against UGA) if need be. IMO, UGA loses at least two more this year unless some changes are made on our D.

I justthink they need to utilize AJ Green more SW. Such a weapon and he was underutilized last game imho.

the LSU/UGA game was ridiculous.

i really hope that LSU at least shakes up Florida. I'm not sure if they can beat them, I know they won't get slaughtered if they don't.

I don't know who said it, but SEC is the best conference out there. SEC teams hold 3 of the top 4 spots atm. and what's with rivals beating uber rivals? i was talking with a crazy Ohio State fan, and he was talking about how awful/awesome it was to see Michigan beat...USC? two years ago or whatever that was, and I was saying how awful/awesome it was to see Ole Miss beat Florida.

lol Florida won't e beat by Florida, they have way too many holes. Next year maybe but this year we returned basically both sides intact. Next year they will all leave so gator haters wait till next year to hate, otherwise you will be looking silly alot this year with bad predictions. Why is it so hard to admit a team is good? I didn't hate on LSU when they won, they were absurd and fun to watch.

...i didn't say anything about Florida not being a good team.

sucks, most of the champ players from the game vs. ohio came back and they are still not on it. i don't know why they are so slippery this year.