• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football ver 2009-2010

I got home and turned on the TV with 3 seconds left in the game when uconn missed the FG. with both teams now tied at 27, this has to be the most exciting game I've seen in a long time!

Alabama had 5 rushers with over 60 yards rushing today... Mark Ingram looked especially good, breaking tackles and draggin' folks as usual!

some Ohio State fans say that the Michigan/OSU rivalry ain't what it used to be because they have hardly beaten us this decade... and therefore The Game is less fun. no way! I love pounding Michigan year after year and proving that Ann Arbor is a whore. sure, I miss the days when Llyod Carr would, at the very least, field a competitive team (the year when they beat the Gators was especially entertaining) but I remember growing up how many National Championship level Buckeyes got tarnished by the Wolverines (the Nadir of the 90s).

the SEC is a great conference, and not many teams can compete against Bama and Florida. however, conference play overall has seriously dwindled this year. the SEC has two elite teams, but not much else. there is a major dropoff there (LSU is not an elite team thanks to Ole Miss).

the Pac 10 is making a run for the best conference in college football. with two big close games tonight in Stanford VS Cal and Oregon VS Arizona, there is an immense level of talent. sure, they don't really have en elite team (perhaps Oregon?), yet they are a great conference to watch for many reasons other than parity. the level of coaching is almost to the banal, with talents like Brian Kelly, Jim Harbaugh, Mike Stoops, and Pete Carrol all providing support for my case. any conference where USC is about the 5th best team should really prove my point enough.

GO Bucks! Michigan is our Bitchigan!

FUCK YOU LES MILES

god fucking damnit

I'm sorry, boys

~kenickiekissforherbayoubengals~

^^

Yea Les Miles is an idiot....Horrible game manager....Ive actually said it before in this same thread....

This puts it perfectly...

1) Les Miles. Game management. The two will never get along.

How much more evidence do LSU fans need before they realize (the ones with their blinders on, anyway; some have seen the light ever since that Monday night game against Tennessee in 2005…) that their coach should hire somebody to handle the last two minutes of regulation time? Let it be said once more: Miles is really, really good in most aspects of coaching: Recruiting, motivation, public relations, leadership, off-field mentoring, hiring good assistants, and more. But as a game manager, Miles is THE WORST of the nation’s FBS coaches, and it’s not even close.

In light of today’s events, can we now agree that Miles stumbled upon blind and dumb luck against Auburn two years ago? Anyone who still thinks The Hat was “brilliantly bold” or “shrewdly aggressive” in that game can no longer stand on solid intellectual ground. Miles – a good man and a fine coach – has outed himself (again) as college football’s most abysmal game manager.

2) If you want to make a joke about this game – and it was indeed high comedy in the final minutes – don’t you dare make a joke about Bill Belichick. The New England Patriot boss made a calculation (and moreover, one that emergent football analysts have backed up with probability assessments and incisive thinking), but even if you disagree with the decision, it was thought-out and carefully considered.

Did anyone else read in ESPN the mag sometime earlier this year that Alabama is going to play Alabama State next year, a team who will be playing it's first year of football, ever.

That is following a year in which the play Chattonooga, a team that won one whopping game last year, in Div 2 (or fcs).

powerhouse SEC teams scheduling out-of-conference cupcakes should be nothing new to us.

Alabama's schedule for next year... (maybe you meant Georgia State...?)

Sat. 09/04/10, San Jose State
Sat. 09/11/10, Penn State
Sat. 09/18/10, @ Duke
Sat. 09/25/10, @ Arkansas
Sat. 10/02/10, Florida
Sat. 10/09/10, @ South Carolina
Sat. 10/16/10, Ole Miss
Sat. 10/23/10, @ Tennessee
Sat. 10/30/10, Open Date
Sat. 11/06/10, @ LSU
Sat. 11/13/10, Mississippi State
Sat. 11/20/10, Georgia State
Fri. 11/26/10, Auburn

The way I see it, around half of those teams have potential to finish in the Top 25...

we're talking out-of-conference. San Jose State is a very bad football team, but 98 percent of FBS schools schedule somebody like that for their first game. Penn State, while usually a Top 25 team, is going to be unexceptionally weak due to losing their QB and some other offensive talent.

however, in BAMA's defense, these schedules are picked years in advance. it was just like this when OSU scheduled Washington - then BAM. all of a sudden the state of Washington housed the two worst teams in FBS history, perhaps (Wash and Wash State).

Duke? well, this ain't college basketball. I don't even know who Georgia State is so I can't say anything about them.

the only Top 25 teams I most unprofessionally estimate are going to be Tennessee and LSU. maybe Florida will be on the edge.

Axl, look up Georgia State's football team, you'll see why it's kinda a joke.

the only Top 25 teams I most unprofessionally estimate are going to be Tennessee and LSU. maybe Florida will be on the edge.

Yeah, I don't think there will actually be that many teams in the Top 25, I just estimated that there are a good few that could potentially do it. I don't expect all the teams that could possibly do it to actually do it...

best sports news article of the year. stay classy, Notre Dame. this NCAA football season has been wrought with punches in the fase.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4684326

Source: Clausen punched by irate fan
By Joe Schad
ESPN.com

Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen was punched in the face by an irate fan outside a South Bend restaurant early Sunday morning and has a swollen eye, a person briefed on the incident said on Monday.

That person said Clausen was "sucker-punched" by a fan as he left an establishment after having dinner with his parents.

The fan allegedly said something to Clausen and/or a female acquaintance.

A South Bend police spokesman said that no police reports were filed over the weekend involving Clausen, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The newspaper also reported that the name of the bar was CJ's and that a bartender at the establishment said that Clausen had been there with family members and other Irish upperclassmen after Notre Dame's loss to Connecticut on Senior Day.

The source told ESPN.com that the injury is not expected to keep Clausen from playing this weekend against Stanford.

Anybody think Meyer leaves for Notre Dame this offseason?

I'm not counting on it, but I would imagine that if they offer him enough money he is gone. Meyer's not a retard. No doubt Florida offers the best chance of winning, but when is the last time you heard a coach turn down an extra couple million a year to stay put?

I think UF will be able to match ND's offer, if they even offer. Doesn't UF get 20% of gatorade's profits? How could they not afford him?

Besides, more than likely ND will get UC coach Brian Kelly.

^^I agree, Kelly is more likely candidate. ND would love to have Meyer, but he won't go. And I'll keep telling myself as long as it happens. But I know what coaches like Saban, Rich Rod, and even Meyer have done...what they have to do....toe the line up to the last point and then make the announcement after your last game. It's what Meyer did to BGSU when he went to UT, and what he did to UT when he came to UF. I can raise a lot of reasons why he should stay, but who knows what's in his heart. I'll believe it when he's here next year.

That said, it will be interesting if ND limps along for another year with Wies (after losing to Stanford ;) ). Or do they cut and run with a huge payout? If they do change now, who DO they get if not Meyer? I'd see Brian Kelley, because it gives him a stage to step up to (sorry Cinci). Who else? Who else is winning? I could see Chip Kelly from Oregon perhaps, but I think he's a home grown kinda guy and wouldn't jump to ND...even for the money (no money can match the headache of Irish expectations). Hehehe....perhaps Les Miles now that he has to compete against Saban AND Meyer every year ;) not that the Irish would take him. I simply am drawing a blank on coaches from Big10+1, ACC, BigEasy, or PAC10 that would be winning enough to be considered, but be willing to make the jump. Hey, maybe they bring back Lou Holtz? :=D

Only person ACC will offer up is Bowden, who nobody would take. BigEasy simply doesn't have a quality coach to offer. PAC10 teams are salivating over USC being down and everyone else 'having a chance'. Big12 is probably counting down the days of Mack Brown in TX, whilst reveling in Boobie Stoopid's powerhouse tailspin. SEC...the 'good coaches' wouldn't leave (except maybe Meyer), and the bad coaches wouldn't be wanted (except maybe Petrino).

In general, I hear the tolling of another bell to ND's fall from favor, in that people now see the outpouring of $$$ to chase a winning coach, but the expectations are too high for who they really are. Reality bites, don't it, Irish? ;)

Because we have a short week here:

Thursday:
8:00 PM ET No. 3 Texas at Texas A&M (+21) - TX covers, and then some.

Friday:
2:30 PM ET No. 2 Alabama at Auburn (+10.5) - Iron Bowl, AU steps up, then AL pulls away late
7:00 PM ET No. 9 Pittsburgh at West Virginia (-1.5) - meh...

Saturday:
12:00 PM ET No. 18 Clemson at South Carolina (+3) - Palmetto State...Go Cocks.
12:21 PM ET No. 25 Mississippi at Mississippi State (+8) - Egg Bowl, MSU pulls a no show :\
12:30 PM ET No. 12 Oklahoma State at Oklahoma (-8.5) - Kick 'em, kick'em when they are down.
3:30 PM ET Florida State at No. 1 Florida (-24.5) - Given the FSU defense, we should beat the spread, but given our offense, we might not. Still, be nice to stomp them once again. They might have some fight in them, but they can't compete.
3:30 PM ET No. 17 Miami (FL) at South Florida (even) - um....Go Bulls?
5:00 PM ET No. 21 Utah at No. 19 Brigham Young (-7.5) - one of the few ranked matchups....yawn
7:00 PM ET Arkansas at No. 15 LSU (-3.5) - Les Miles wins one barely, or loses badly...
7:00 PM ET Tennessee at Kentucky (+3) - close line, but UT has 24 straight wins in this one. Go Blue.
8:00 PM ET Georgia at No. 7 Georgia Tech (-7.5) - UGA won't cover. I'm seeing something like 31 - 7. It's going to be U-G-L-Y.
8:00 PM ET Notre Dame at Stanford (-8) - Stanford's running back is a beast, and he'll score plenty against ND. Stanford wins 35 - 13
10:00 PM ET UCLA at No. 20 USC (-13) - Please, please, please....knock USC out of the rankings. Pretty Please.

GSU has a football team?? This is news to me. I don't even know where they play their games, and I live about 5 minutes from the campus

BigEasy simply doesn't have a quality coach to offer.

I strongly disagree here. the Big Easy has one great coach, and that is Cinci's Brian Kelly.

I thought Urban Meyer put to rest rumors, lately, in the media when he announced that he will stay with Florida for "as long as they'll have [him]."