• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football ver 2009-2010

Sorry, burying this here for later reference. If you are an UGA fan, consider it NSFAnytime. For Gators, it's fine :D

NSFW:

whippedpuppy1002gi9.png

whippedpuppy1102jx2.png

wp03001av5.jpg

wpip3.jpg

2008 Issue
28s51dx.jpg

2009 Issue
whippedpuppy091.gif

Have to say I am literally and legitimately nervous about the Bama-LSU game today.
Naturally, I have to work this weekend. I'm pissed about it. We never work weekends but got behind this week so, it is what it is. Even worse, my boss is not a football fan at all.

I WILL find a way to listen to Mr. Eli Gold announce this game.

Please God be on our side today. LSU always plays us tough. This is the only game for the rest of the season I am concerned about. Besides a bowl game.

Roll Tide.

What a crazy week so far...

I'm sure glad I didn't place any bets this week because I'd have taken Oregon with the spread as a pretty strong pick...

By the way, TLB, nice prediction for LSU vs. Bama!

Wow. I got home from work in time to see the last 5 minutes. Roll Tide!

What the hell happened today? How many teams lost that shouldn't have? I mean shit.

Bandit? Tell me what is going on now.

Damn, that Jahvid Best injury looks potentially pretty bad... He had a bit of momentum going into that, too...

can we just not dish out the Heisman this year? compared to the years past of glorious contenders, these competitors pale in comparison. for what it's worth - I would give it to BAMA RB Mark Ingram.

well, looks like the football gods have smiled upon the Ohio State University. Pryor gives us his first true signature win, and he is reminded me a lot of Troy Smith in his sophomore season. in what was the nadir of OSU fans' hearts nationwide, Troy Smith lost us a couple games under center. however, he cleaned up in the second half of his sophomore season and led the Buckeyes to beat Michigan and win in the bowl game - both when they were underdogs.

looks like OSU will handle Iowa this Saturday. the Hawkeyes have only beat the Bucks there once or twice in my past, vivid memory. the Hawkeyes are sans Ricky Stanzi. Michigan looked to be the darlings of the NCAA at the beginning, but now they are back to being Big-10 celler dwellars.

looks like OSU will make it to the Rose Bowl and play Oregon. you really can't complain about a two-loss season. I think that the Bucks can easily beat Oregon, as long as they don't play as inspired as they did against USC.

If anybody deserves the Heisman this year it is CJ Spiller out of Clemson. He has been unreal the past several weeks.

...Whereas Ingram has been a bull all season long? Sorry, not to be an SEC homer, but I'd still vote for Ingram.

Okay, Friday funtime:
8:00 PM ET No. 25 West Virginia at No. 5 Cincinnati (-9.5) - I'm going with Cinci on this (oohhh, daring), but I think they'll win by 10-14 pts.

Saturday:
12:00 PM ET Michigan at No. 20 Wisconsin (-9) - I dunno, I really can't tell on this one what kind of performance we'll get out of MICH. I want to go with WIS out of spite against MICH, then again I want MICH to knock WIS out of the polls out of spite for the conference. Hmmm....I'll go with WIS.

12:00 PM ET Florida State at Wake Forest (-5) - FSU needs to win 2 of the last 3 in order to be bowl eligible. This will be their first loss in that stretch. And while I wish they'd win this and the next to boost UF's SOS, or at least win one of them so we can be the ones to nail the coffin on their longest streak of consecutive bowl seasons, I tink they'll lose this week and next and come limping in to the UF game already out of it. WF by more than 5, probably more than 14.

3:30 PM ET No. 1 Florida at South Carolina (+17.5) - I do not think USCe will get a touchdown unless there is a gross mistake in the defense (ie, someone falls down). Do I think UF will cover? Yeah, probably....maybe? UF 31 - USCe 3

3:30 PM ET Idaho at No. 6 Boise State (-31.5) - I really wish Idaho had held up longer, as this is probably the only chance that state will get to host game day, and I'd like that for them. That said, BSU rolls large, IMO. They won't ease up, either, in going for style points in the BCS, so yeah, I see BSU scoring over 50, maybe allowing 14-28 by Idaho.

3:30 PM ET Stanford at No. 9 USC (-10.5) - Upset? Again? By Stanford? No. Stanford 10 - USCw 24.

3:30 PM ET No. 10 Iowa at No. 11 Ohio State (-17) - Ahh, the Big10+1 championship. /flip channel ;) Seriously, though, I'm thoroughly dismayed to see Iowa lose their QB and their stake at the top. The betting line reflects my confidence in them to win this game as well :\ All of us tOSU haters are going to have to swallow another BCS game with them in it. At least it won't be the NC this time. Hell, maybe they can rematch USCw in the Rose Bowl. I'd take USCw in that one again.

7:00 PM ET No. 2 Alabama at Mississippi State (+12.5) - The byline here is MSU coach Dan Mullen came from the UF offense that beat Alabama last year. This year? He doesn't have the talent, not to match up with AL. Tide rolls 34 - 10. And that's giving MSU a touchdown on a special teams play, not against that AL defense.

7:30 PM ET No. 16 Utah at No. 4 TCU (-19.5) - Could be an upset, but I don't think so. I'm not even sure they can hold the line shown. Meh, TCU by 24-28 pts over Utah.

8:00 PM ET Notre Dame at No. 12 Pittsburgh (-7) - Lose another one for the gipper, wouldya? Go Pitt, win by as many as you can.

8:00 PM ET Texas Tech at No. 19 Oklahoma State (-4.5) - I still enjoy the concept of TT's "don't care, let's fling it all over the place" approach. Can they upset OSU? IMO, YES. TT by 3-7 pts.

Jeez, first Florida University has one of their players trying to GOUGE SOMEONE's EYES Out, which would be attempted assault (which would be a felony) and then Tennessee has three accused of ARMED ROBBERY!

What is wrong with the S.E.C?

There might be debate as to who might have the best conference in football, but there is no question as to who has the most criminals, the S.E.C.

The SEC should officially be called the Sick Evil Criminals!!!!! What class that conference has.

here's my smotpoker impression.

shelbyvillian 1: Sounds like Springfield's got a discipline problem.

shelbyvillian 2: Maybe that why we beat them at football nearly half the time, huh?

Have you checked the (aptly named) Fulmer Cup? Last update was Sep 1, so it misses these recent fabulous acts of brotherly love. But heading into the season, only one SEC team on it (USCw), though you find two Big10+1 teams (Iowa & ILL) :).

fulmercup.jpg

Heh, history backs up smotpoker, however - 2008 had AL 1, ARK 6, UGA 7, TN 10 (tie); but only PSU 8 and ILL 10(tie). 2007 had FL 3, UGA & LSU 9; but IL 1, PSU 2, and MICH 5 (Iowa was 11). 2006 was TN 5, FL & Miss St 6, UGA 9; with PUR 2, WIS 3, Iowa 8, IND 9. Hmmm....maybe Big10+1 does recruit more thugs than the SEC? Special points still must be granted to UGA for remaining consistently in the top 10 for so long.

The cool thing, and I'm sure you'll appreciate it, is this - Ellis_T._Jones_III_Award which is
The Ellis T. Jones Award is the Heisman Trophy of the annual Fulmer Cup competition. The Jones award is given to the individual who singlehandedly accrues the most points for his university during the NCAA Football Offseason. The award is named after Ellis T. Jones, a San Jose St. player who ammassed an incredible 31 Fulmer Cup points by himself. Truly a legend in NCAA Thuggery.

2006: Ellis T. Jones himself, for 13 felony counts stemming from using Craigslist to meet robbery targets.
2007: Ronnie M. Wilson of Florida, for firing off a semi-automatic rifle during a road rage incident.
2008: Jimmy Johns of Alabama for some serious cocaine distribution
2009: Trent Pupello of South Florida for a pistol whipping spree. <<--- read this on him:
Sluggish scoring was partially to blame, but the aberration of USF’s title really comes as a tribute to the Ellis T. Jones Winner this year, Trent Pupello, the man who singlehandedly pistol-whipped USF into contention one fateful night in a parking lot. You can always blame Florida for the dubious honor of the crown, as Pupello was a transfer from Florida.

Highlighted that bit for ya ;) Looks like SEC has half the winners for biggest loser awards, and wants credit for part of the recent winner as well.

Meh, I'm not going to get into arguments on the attempted eye gouge, I don't think it is defensible. The armed robbery? I think that's awesome - if only for the fact that it hurts Kiffin. Still, if your from Ohio State, I don't think you have room to talk about anyone else ever being thuggish. *cough*Maurice Clarett*cough*

Ha, you are talking a guy who played for OSU over 7 years ago dude, and when he did bad, OSU kicked him off the team.

What does florida do when one of theirs tries to take someones eyes out (which btw is even illegal in pro wrestling)? They "punish" him by suspending him half a game. And then Spikes comes out and "suspends" himself for the other half....against vandy...again...for trying to blind somebody.

So trying to compare someone from OSU's team whom like I said before was kicked off the team to some one who gets a measly game suspension for trying to blind someone is ridiculous.

The SEC is the best football conference this year, but you can't deny alot of their acts this year have been in bad taste.

Even when it comes to recruiting, wasn't there something at the beginning of the year about Kiffin offering more scholarships than Tenn had? And when he had a full team, he took some of the scholarships away?
Maybe it's unfair to pin it all on the SEC, when it seems to be florida and tennessee doing the dirty deeds, but it reflects bad on the whole conference.

Well not too many surprises today. Miami and Stanford were the surprise teams for me today...

ole miss and UGA winning were both pleasant surprises. game day got em wrong, across the board. :)

USC blows officially, Go Ducks! And my gators are still on top, could this season get any better???

looks like Ohio State has won the Big Ten... again. can't say I am too excited because it happens so often. the team just needs a big bowl win, because we have been without for a couple years - and that's what really got Tressel's popularity started - his ability to win bowl/big games.

looks like the Bucks will play Oregon, one of my other favorite NCAA football teams. you gotta love the Nike lab rats.

the SEC Championship game will be all sorts of epic. I'm taking Bama.

Stanford has a damn good frosh QB. it will be all sorts of fun to watch Luck/Barkley in the same conference for the next couple of years.

the oregon black jersies and helmets are so hard. Love em. Actually I liked a lot of the armed forces themes unis this week.