• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football ver 2009-2010

I see Oregon State over BYU by a decent amount tonight, but honestly, I just hope it's a good game.

I feel the Big East has a good chance to make statements in it's bowl games. Even assuming that Cinci loses to Florida, Pitt and WVU should both be able to pull off wins and give the Big East a 3-1 record. Cinci just simply hanging on against Florida will leave a good impression, although honestly, I think Cinci is a bit over-ranked and will get beat down.

As a Michigan fan this is the time of the year I start crying a lot, drinking heavily and rooting for whoever that school to the south is playing in their bowl (so all is not lost).

^^I wouldn't be so bold there axl, you might not beat them by double digits in one of the next several years :\

;)

if it's one thing I learned it's that in college football is that you gotta beat your chest when everything is going your way. the football gods are cruel and vicious. The Chef seems like a very knowledgeable gentleman, and I am happy to have him on my favorite section of Bluelight.

however, Dick Rod sucks, Ann Arbor is a whore, and the best band in the world is called the Dead Schembechlers.

you can't undo years of doing.

merry X-mas TLB :)

Just in time for UGA to be in a state of such complete disarray that we still wont win our jacksonville game. FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

I think its a shame-- but he's been coaching for long enough that I don't feel too terribly bad for him. Maybe he's giving it up so he can watch tebow wash that hard body full-time wherever he lands. ;)

lol, FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

espn is reporting that he's not retiring; he's just taking a temporary leave of absence.

Roll Tide Urban just couldnt stand the heat from Saban aka Satan. This changes everything in the recruiting game look for florida state and Miami to have huge recruiting years as they grab the kids Florida would have had first dibs on

well damn maybe I spoke a lil to soon AP is reporting that meyer will be back in 2010. (crawls back into woodwork)

Monday, December 28
5:00 PM ET Texas A&M vs. Georgia (-7)
ADVOCARE V100 INDEPENDENCE BOWL

Tuesday, December 29
4:30 PM ET UCLA vs. Temple (+4)
EagleBank BOWL
8:00 PM ET No. 15 Miami (FL) vs. No. 25 Wisconsin (+3.5)
CHAMPS SPORTS BOWL

Wednesday, December 30
4:30 PM ET Bowling Green vs. Idaho*
ROADY'S HUMANITARIAN BOWL
8:00 PM ET No. 20 Arizona vs. No. 22 Nebraska (Even)
PACIFIC LIFE HOLIDAY BOWL

Thursday, December 31
12:00 PM ET Houston vs. Air Force (+4.5)
BELL HELICOPTER ARMED FORCES BOWL
2:00 PM ET Oklahoma vs. No. 21 Stanford (+9.5)
BRUT SUN BOWL
3:30 PM ET Navy vs. Missouri (-6.5)
TEXAS BOWL
6:00 PM ET Minnesota vs. Iowa State (+2.5)
INSIGHT BOWL
7:30 PM ET No. 11 Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee (+6)
Chick-fil-A BOWL

Friday, January 1
11:00 AM ET Northwestern vs. Auburn (-7)
OUTBACK BOWL
1:00 PM ET No. 16 West Virginia vs. Florida State (+3)
KONICA MINOLTA GATOR BOWL
1:00 PM ET No. 13 Penn State vs. No. 12 LSU (+2.5)
CAPITAL ONE BOWL
4:30 PM ET No. 8 Ohio State vs. No. 7 Oregon (-4)
ROSE BOWL GAME PRESENTED BY CITI
8:30 PM ET No. 5 Florida vs. No. 3 Cincinnati (+12.5)
ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL

That's enough to bite off for now, I'll come back to look at the JAN2-7 games later. Here's my guesses for the coming days:

TxAM 24 - UGA 45

UCLA is only favored by 4? Over Temple? Take the bruins and run.

MIA favored by 3.5? Take Wisconsin for the win. Miami is either disappointed with the bowl they got, or excited to be in a bowl at all....and WISC is there for business as usual = prepared, focused, hungry. They will win over MIA by 10+

Unranked OU favored by more than a touchdown over STAN? I'm pretty sure STAN will win, but I am very, very confident they will at least cover. There's a chance they not only win, but blow OU out, considering how far OU has fallen and can't stop sucking wind after each beating :\

VT favored by 6 over TN? Actually, that's probably pretty accurate. I could see this being a 9-3 game, as I don't think TN can move the ball against VT, and I expect Monte Kiffin to have the defense fairly well prepared for Mr. Taylor and company (gotta love a kid named Tyrod). I predict neither team scores more than 20, and VT wins on the scoreboard while Lame Kitten claims another moral victory.

AU over NW by a touchdown, so they say.....NW is another Big10+1 team, and the conference typically knows to come down to Florida in DEC-JAN for unfinished business (I do respect Big10+1 teams in regular bowls in Florida, ya notice? That comes from getting our teeth kicked in my them, regularly :\ ). AU is still experimenting with it's play calling and figuring out what it can do, what it wants to do, and what really works. I suppose it could really go either way, but I'm going to stick with AU (not just SEC homerism, I *do* think they'll win).

WVU - FSU, the ...??? bowl? What do you call Bowden's last game? A loss ;) WVU stomps them by a lot more than 3, more like WVU 31 - FSU 6.

PSU - LSU, a field goal difference in the line, #12 vs #13, perhaps one of the best, most even and interesting matchups of this bowl season so far. Here I want to play SEC homer and go with LSU, but what it's going to come down to is Joe Pa putting too much conservatism in his gameplan (how much does he really call these days, anyhow?) and Miles putting too much risk in his gameplan (has he gotten burned enough to learn, or not?). Close game, one I look forward to watching, and I cannot honestly pick who I think will win. I want the SEC to win, though nothing against PSU other than needing another geriatric coach to get off the sidelines. Here's to a good game, may the best team win, despite their coaching ;)

tOSU - OU, by about a field goal as well. #7 vs #8, our first BCS bowl game, the grandaddy of them all, etc. I know I've made my bias clear for tOSU to lose, both by my liking of the Quack Attack and of my general distaste for all things buckeye. My lust wants tOSU 12 - OU 45, but my head says it'll be more like tOSU 6 - OU 27.

UF - Cinci, with a 12 point spread? Who knows wtf is going to happen here with coaches going every which way, emotions all over the place, CIN riding high for getting their conference championship, UF being low after losing theirs (badly). I would say this is the biggest point spread in a game that could go either way :\ The biggest two questions in my mind are if UF's defense can contain CIN's offense, and if the UF offense is going to show up at all. My money says our defense tries to keep us in it, but our offense kills us. Maybe special teams wins the game for us with field position, I dunno. I hope to win, I don't expect to win or lose....I'll wait and see how this one plays out.

good call on the LSU VS PSU game, should be a very entertaining match-up with two coaches who have completely different styles. it has worked well for them both, with Les Miles winning one National Championship, and I believe Joe Pa has what? three or so?

it will be classic Big 10 conservatism VS new age flash and going for it on 4th and 3rd in your own territory. LSU is obviously going through a down year so I am going to take PSU by a touchdown.

TxAM 24 - UGA 45

TL;DReed knows his stuff. I was really shocked to see so many amateur sports panels on youtube go unanimously for the aggies. I guess they forgot who we play. ;)

If anything, this should be one last warning for texas. The aggies gave them trouble, and uga wouldn't have been been much more than a speedbump if they played the tide this year.

also-- Mike leach gets suspended for the alamo bowl for keeping a player with a concussion in an electrical closet??

whats up with texas-- i though they loved their players there?

what's even more hilarious is that it was Craig James's son who was "mistreated," and Craig James was scheduled to call this upcoming game.

UGA is a very good team during bowl games. they finally were able to run the game against a weak defensive team. I like watching A&M QB play as well. I think he could have a future in the NFL; if he doesn't go the way of JaMarcus Russel.

Mike Leach is a genius, even if he has to lock up some players in closets or make them study on the 50 yard llne in the cold in their street clothes.

Mike Leach FTW. now it looks like Michigan State has a shot.

Last edited:
a great day of college football for the Big Ten. it was just so impressive to see a bunch of "slow" athletes finally compete against some of the nation's "fastest" athletes.

Wisco over Miami
LSU over PSU
Ohio State over Oregon

oh how I despised the "fast" remarks over the years. just because a team shows up flat for a season finale doesn't mean that they are a slow team - do people even ascertain how many Buckeyes are in the NFL? Santonio Holmes and Ted Ginn have smoked people on the professional stage the past few years.

although one bowl win doesn't erase the frustrations of the last few years for an Ohio State fan, it feels damn nice to win a huge game. props to Jim Tressel, someone to whom I am quick to criticize, for having the balls to open the playbook and TP up. Jim Heacock and the OSU defense also called/played respectively a helluva game. TP looked great, but the Oregon defense was really exposed to how shitty it was, so I am going to try not to get too excited.

looks like OSU has a very bright next couple years ahead of them. it wouldn't be absurd for us die-hards to think that a National Title or a Heisman Trophy can be at the end of the tunnel.

did anybody see the Central Michigan Chips game VS the Troy Trojans, on this night?

might have been the best bowl football game we've watched this year. double OT. Dan LeVour the QB of Central Michigan looks to have a pretty impressive pro-carreer at his fingertips.

Here are the updated bowl records, with Texas-Alabama the only game left:

Conference Record PCT Teams in AP Top 25
SEC 5-4 .556 3
BIG12 4-3 .571 3
ACC 3-4 .429 3
BIG10 4-3 .571 4
PAC10 2-5 .286 4
BIGEAST 4-2 .667 3
CONF.USA 2-4 .333 0
MAC 1-4 .200 1
MO.WEST 4-1 .800 3
WAC 2-2 .500 1
SUN BELT 1-1 .500 0
INDEP 1-0 1.000 0

(I'm not sure why it's pushing all the numbers and letters together, it's all spaced out nicely when I preview my post, but for some reason BL pushes all the letters and words together.)

And can I add as a Buckeye fan that tOSU beat 5 teams that finished with 10 wins or more. Not too shabby!

Last edited:
Perhaps this is the post to kick off next year's thread, but my Lord, how I'm giggling myself into a piss puddle over Lane Kiffin (and Papa Monte) going to USC.

I don't know which tickles me more:
- TN dropping even lower because how many recruits will still come? How many are there that will transfer?
- USC just took a huge step down and will no longer be the long standing champion of the Pac10. Get ready for some more 9-3 or 8-4 seasons. Yes, he inherits some talent, and will continue to recruit talent, but he will not be able to coach them to win. The PAC10 will smell even more blood and the 'also rans' will be paying back USC with interest.

I love this. <3 :D