• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football 2006 Thread

^^haha indeed. miami's football program is in shambles and it is not going to rebound untill someone gets control of these yahoos. hopefully their AD isnt as infuriatingly daft as the president of the university who REFUSES to watch video of the brawl because "she was there" un fucking real

most of my objection to his post was his outrageous claim about the osu michigan game. OSU is gonna win by 17 points?! michigan's defensive line is bar none the best in the country and OSU's o line will have faced nothing even remotely close to that type of pass rush all season. not to mention, they will have spent the last 4 weeks playing shite teams leading up to michigan. i still like osu in this game but it's gonna be a fucking brawl.

Last edited:
Ok we'll see after Novmeber 18th.
My bad Miami didn't plant the flag, I just wanted to see if anyone noticed...:)

Outrages statements? Ummm...look at my predictions so far this year, son. I have been pretty much right so far. I prolly watch more CF than anyone on this board. I barely even get on any more topics.

And I have caught just about every Michigan game this year. Pound for pound, they don't match up with OSU. You will see I'm right yet again.

Michigan 31 ND 30

Florida 21 Tennessee 13

USC 45 Nebraska 24

TCU 27 Texas Tech 20 (I really don't know anything about these 2 teams except that TCU is infamous for beating teams they shouldn't)

See what I mean?

Manningham doesn't have to be better than ginn or gonzo, he has to be better than your secondary, and he very well may be.

And he's proven this against whom?

Now, for some predictions for this week:

Nebraska 24 Texas 17

Michigan 31 Iowa 21

Georgia Tech 40 Clemson 38

Pitt 23 Rutgers 19

These looked like the toughest ones to call. I'd like to see everyone else's predictions and then we'll see who looks outrageous...

Maybe I get some stats wrong here and there and maybe I got the Miami foot stomping incident wrong, but I pick games and I don't miss. Not this year anyways.

smotpoker said:
Michigan 31 ND 30 actual score 47-21 michigan over nd

Florida 21 Tennessee 13 actual score 21-20 florida

USC 45 Nebraska 24 actual score 28-10 usc

TCU 27 Texas Tech 20 (I really don't know anything about these 2 teams except that TCU is infamous for beating teams they shouldn't)
actual score 12-3 tech

See what I mean?

yeah i think i do see what you mean. you pick the favorite and concoct some absurd score that seldom matches the actual outcome. infact your best pick seems to have been two teams that you knew nothing about.

if osu wins by 17 points i'll autoban my username

Umm...Notre Dame was the favorite, Tenn-Flo was a toss up, and TCU beat Tech, get your scores straight.

if osu wins by 17 points i'll autoban my username

I'll will remember that...

Which teams are that that I know nothing about? Don't even start to say Michigan...

Why don't you put up your predictions cravnbeats? You might have a clearer memory about the Miami incident, which IMO stomping and planting a flag are both no-no's, so what difference did it really make which one they did, but I bet when it comes down to knowing the strengths and flaws of a team I got you on that.

most of my objection to his post was his outrageous claim about the osu michigan game. OSU is gonna win by 17 points?! michigan's defensive line is bar none the best in the country and OSU's o line will have faced nothing even remotely close to that type of pass rush all season. not to mention, they will have spent the last 4 weeks playing shite teams leading up to michigan. i still like osu in this game but it's gonna be a fucking brawl.

Originally posted by cravebeet.

Dude, this is the same defense OSU took care of last year. Same secondary, same D line. Same guys.

Any team can lose on any given Saturday to a ranked team or an unranked team full of total jabronies. For example, remember a couple years ago when Michigan lost to Oregon, and half the country was left scratching their heads saying "Who? Orgeon?" So to start making calls and predictions for bowl games and the like so far down the road isn't fair really.

With that being said, if both teams meet and are undefeated, my bet is on the Buckeyes winning by no more than 7 points. But I think if either team chokes on a lesser opponent between now and November 18th, the hype will be cut significantly.

yeah you're right michigan was the dog in that game, my bad... the tcu tech score was obviously a typo.

Which teams are that that I know nothing about?

tcu and texas tech, you said that yourself 8)

i dont have a list of predictions. if i did, i'd be laying money down, not wasting my time responding to your absurd posts. although i did call the auburn florida upset and i predicted that cal would blow oregon out.

it's silly for me to argue with you because you're blinded by your rooting interest. you're the type of sports fan i cant stand. you're a fan of a team, not the sport in general. just my opinion. so continue you're cheerleading and i'll continue laughing at you

smotpoker, you clearly don't understand how good michigan is defensively. You thought that Iowa would score 21 points, and they scored 6. Not a single touchdown. You have to now apologize to Michigan's defense and admit that you didn't know what the hell you were talking about.

how many crazy ass finishes this weekend!

notredame over ucla
nebraska tanking to texas
washington taking cal to overtime
and michigan state running off the biggest comeback in 1-a history

i'd like to retract my previous disparaging comments about rutgers. they're not a bcs team yet, but they're definitely for real. the last few weeks of the big east schedule are gonna be great. cant wait to watch a bunch of undefeated teams blow each other up!

Bwahahaha!!! Nice to see that over-rated USC team take it on the chin from Oregon State (who?) It's about time they fell through the ice they've been skating on recently. But boy, what an ending! Smith is a phenom.

Good day for the Buckeyes, as usual. =D If there is any doubt Troy Smith is the front runner for Heisman - I don't know what it will take to convince them. Such a great day for college ball, now time to watch the rest of the GA vs. FL game.

What a crazy game. I still think USC won't lose again for the remainder of the year, but you can really see how their inexperience (and injuries) in the backfield are hamstringing the offense. How do you fumble when you're completely untouched? They need to beg Norm Chow to come back, because the offensive play-calling is weak. Jarrett and Smith are lethal though.

Boy did Ohio State take a dump on Minnesota's chest or what? Sports are the only thing saving me from insanity. Louisville and West Virginia's gonna be fun to watch next week.

it was only a matter of time for SC to lose, and they'll be losing more this season.

Unless they give Sanchez a shot, who might not even be better than booty, and get a new goddamn offensive coordinator.

But hey, how many other teams can only say they've lost 3 games in the last 3 years?

the irish have a damn good chance to put USC down at the end of the season. with a running game like that they're really putting a lot of booty (Sp?) and the air attack.

well i guess 3 teams are gonna beat usc this year... welcome to the the "december 19th bowl": sponsored by safeway trojans!

;)

seriously though that loss was three weeks in the making, it just happened to come against one of the pac 10s biggest underachievers.

ohio state is gonna have an actual test next week. illinois played wisconsin really tough and i'd consider wisconsin to be the 3rd best team in the conference. im sure they'll handle their business but i'll def be watching that game intently.

wvu v. louisville is going to be insane... can you imagine the scrubdown that stadium is going to require after those two groups of fans infiltrate? they ought to play in a vacant lot in east st louis, call it a "neutral site" and torch the place after the fans disembark *shudders*