• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football 2006 Thread

Yeah I figured that but he did say "a career ending injury". I was thinking ,how bad do you have to break your collarbone to not ever be able to play football again?lol I was impressed at the ass whipping Ohio State handed Michigan.I thought it'sd be closer than that.

Damn,did anyone else see that fight that broke out between Miami and some other little school out of Fla.?I don't think i've ever seen one like that in college football.

Last edited:
Kyle said:
crazy how that shitty Arkansas beat the crap out of them at home. damn crappy teams always kick your ass don't they

<--- will now bite tongue until SC get's it's offense and secondary together.

well it looks like you almost had a main course of CROW cooked medium-rare for dinner tonight ;) who knew Arizona State could push USC to the limit? I'm starting to think that Southern Cal isn't half as good as I thought before.

Michigan looked beastly tonight against PSU, especially on defense. however it was shockingly apparent that their defense is vulnerable to the "big play" (as demonstrated by Penn State's third string quarter back throwing a touchdown late in the 4th).

OSU VS Michigan is going to be #1 VS #2 - with the winner earning a BCS title bid!

Yes, Michigan showed their one weakness: their vulnerability to the big play on defense. When they sat back on their heals and assumed they had it won, PSU managed to get their first TD (with 2 minutes left in the game). But after they realized they had to keep playing, the game was clearly won. It will be #1A v #1B at Columbs on November 17.

Was at the Miami/FIU game. The fight was the highpoint of a crappy season. Everybody was involved. Meriweather stomping all over that one dude was priceless. Shit, even the injured dude on the FIU sideline got in on that shit, wacking people upside the head with his crutches.

What a buncha fuckin heathens. MI/FU should be banned from all collegiate events! ;)

And my buckeyes continue on down the road to the national championship.... nothing new to say!

the florida / Auburn game was as good watchin' for me as last years' irish / USC game.

I'll take a couple pages from the I <3 Ohio St. book

"a wins a win"

I'm tellin ya, it's like when teams play the lakers, they bring everything they've got and leave it all on the table. Teams can turn into different animals when they play the most winningest teams.

A QB who gave up 14 EASY points doesn't help either. I'd like to have SC blowout Oregon St. early so Sanchez can get some play. Booty is having some major difficulty throwing the ball, and doesn't seem to have any long range accuracy. The Off. Coord. is crap at best, I was telling the section we were in last night all the plays and sure as shit I was right about 90% of the time, even called the interception, they'd been reading that one all night, and thats the play they run over and over and over again.

I have a feeling were going to see a one loss team in the Title game, and we all know where that gets us. A bunch of pissed off people who all wanna cry when their team doesn't make it.

But this season is very entertaining to watch.

Can't wait to see Stanford's new stadium!

The bye came at a good time for the Trojans. Everyone is quick to bash them for squeaking out these wins against subpar teams, which is fine, but it's only fair to point out that their backfield and wide receiver cores were completely decimated by injuries within the first 2-3 weeks. Not only that, but young teams will make mental mistakes like letting up a bit when they get the opposing team down by 21 in the second quarter. Once this team grows up a little bit they are going to be a monster; expect at least 2 more years of total dominance from this program.

With a healthy Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith I think there is a 70-73 percent chance they will run the season undefeated. Booty's got a reliable arm and the long-ball will come when their top-tier receivers get healthy. I'm a UCLA alumni by the way.

There is definitely an element of unfairness for SEC teams; that conference is brutal, but those are the breaks. You gotta man-up I guess. Or something like that. Fun games to watch, although when they turn into defensive slugfests I start to snooze a bit.

With Peterson out for the year and Jarrett getting injured, I'd say Troy Smith is a lock for the Heisman.

Look for Michigan to upset Ohio State's undefeated season. Manningham's got mad skillz.

Notre Dame is so overrated. Charlie Weis is so monstrously fat that I bet a part of his dining table had to be cut out to enable him to reach his food.

Andy, you know you're my nigga, but you happen to be wrong and Winston Churchill agrees. ;)

Whoever said Michigan will upset OSU needs to get their head checked. Manningham is good, but he doesn't have the speed of Ginn, and well, he might have the hands of Gonzo. Henne can't beat OSU, Smith can't lose to them. It's in the Shoe. The Buckeyes D is too fast, to strong, their Defense, who was suppose to be in a rebuilding year, is better than last years. They haven't given up more than 17 points in a game all year, and that was only once. The Buckeyes have 3 good running backs, 2 excellent running backs. Smith is the most efficient passer in the country, he simply doesn't fuck up.

I could go on and on about why Ohio State will beat Michigan by two TD's and a FG, but I have to get back to work.

cravNbeets said:
who resigns or gets fired first, john l smith or larry coker?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f4umT51TUaI

are you fucking kidding me

Coker most probably....

I've always hated Miami but its a shame to see how a consistently dominant program has gone down the shitter ever since the ass raping LSU put on them in the Peach Bowl....Prior to that loss against Georgia Tech last year....Miami was the shoe in for the National Cahmpionships had USC or Texas lost....

But that was the most disgusting display of unsportsmanship since the Pistons - Pacers brawl a few years back....

FIU kicked a few people off of their team but Miami only suspended 12 players for only 1 game (gee, it just so happens to be the weakest opponent in Duke)

Yea Reddick got an indefinent suspension (is that for the season?) but the rest fo the team got off easy....You would think college FB's most successful team over the last 20 yrs would have to set an example....

I see this incident critically damaging the program in terms of recruiting....

Miami sure doesn't help their thugish image when they act like, well, thugs.

I'd like to start a list of thug-like events that Miami has pulled this year. Add to it if you like.

1. Planting a Miami flag on Louisville's field. Only funny cause Miami got their asses whooped by a bunch of rednecks from Kentucky. And I thought Miami was supposed to be hard.

2. Picking a fight with a very inferior team in FIU. A team that remember has only been in Division 1 football for either 2 or 3 years.

OK I know there have to be more incidents, it seems like I hear about at least three every year. Anyone else know of any?

Oh and don't you just love Miami's loyal fans? In a year where they still have a winning record even through all the troubles they've had they still don't even come close to selling out their stadium. Why? Do people down there only come out to games when they are in the NC hunt?

I think they're still pissed about losing the championship game to the buckeyes a few years ago. ;)

smotpoker, you obviously haven't been watching Michigan play. Michigan's defense has 24 sacks this year. TWENTY FOUR. We have the best rush defense in the country, allowing about 35 rushing yards per game. Our front four can stop any running back, allowing us to leave the rest of our defensive squad to guard your Ginn and Gonzo. Oh and PS, Manningham doesn't have to be better than ginn or gonzo, he has to be better than your secondary, and he very well may be.

Mike Hart is unstoppable. He is a workhorse who WILL get 120 yards against you. That will open up the secondary for Manningham (deep ball) and Breaston (short ball), and maybe a couple key plays for Arrington.

And as far as your defense goes, they may have only allowed 17 points or less per game, but as far as total yards allowed, they are around 45th in the nation.

I'm not saying Michigan will definitely get the w, but I'm saying if you think it is for sure OSU, you don't know what you're talking about.

smotpoker~ i dont have time to take issue with all of your absurd statements so i'll just correct one of the most glaring inaccuracies. miami didnt plant their flag at midfield against louisville, they stomped on the cardinal logo.... im pretty sure louisville plays on artificial turf

more to come

smotpoker usually waxes outrageous, outlandish, and often statistically incorrect statements - but this time he does have a point with Miami not helping out their "thug" image much.