• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

NBOMe induced seizure, ten minutes after dosing

Once again, how much on your micropipette did you dose????? I think along with evaporation you also must have taken far too much.

Refer to his second to last post (the one I quoted)...he miscalculated the dilution by a factor of 10 and accidentally dosed 4.5 mg instead of 0.45 mg. Evaporation had nothing to do with it.

Watch your decimals people!

p.s. Jasper, sounds fascinating...post a report if you feel up to it. It's not going to be helpful in the same sense that telling us 4.5 mg resulted in a seizure, but I'd be interested to read it nonetheless. Might be cathartic to get it out on paper...

Last edited:
Remember kids, this is why it is a good idea to listen in math class. Always double check your decimals when doing stuff like this.

We are going to see a lot of these kind of incidents in the future, until the NBOMe's are all banned.

until the NBOMe's are all banned.

Because prohibition of, rather than education on the safety in use of a substance is obviously the way to prevent harm.

Thanks by the way Jasper for sharing your experience. Being anything with "naut" at the end of it is full of risks thanks to sailing into unknown waters :/

How is your situation on the friends/family/legal side of things by the way. Your health is seemingly stabilized, and you've been pretty detailed about the ramifications there. Are you willing to share how this has affected those other aspects of your life?

Last edited:
The problem is people will sell this as LSD blotter/tabs, and if some people react that way off 4.5mg, which is theoretically only 9 tabs of LSD (if each tab is 500ug)... There will be more psychotic near death seizures like this. Is doing 8 tabs unheard of? Then again one would suspect one who does 8 or more tabs would be able to discern between LSD and NBOME.

Somehow I don't believe 4.5mg was the total that was dosed. Must have been higher, if there's to be any hope in NBOME bring a safe psychedelic.

The problem is people will sell this as LSD blotter/tabs, and if some people react that way off 4.5mg, which is theoretically only 9 tabs of LSD (if each tab is 500ug)... There will be more psychotic near death seizures like this. Is doing 8 tabs unheard of? Then again one would suspect one who does 8 or more tabs would be able to discern between LSD and NBOME.

Somehow I don't believe 4.5mg was the total that was dosed. Must have been higher, if there's to be any hope in NBOME bring a safe psychedelic.

I agree, I think it was higher.
4.5mg really isn't all that much.
I'm guessing it was a significant amount higher, I think I read somewhere I guy did 10mg and went insanely high but made it through with benzos, fine in the end. I think I read it in the 25i-NBOMe big and dandy.

This doesn't add up compared to other people, it has to be higher than 4.5mg, that's really just a normal very high dose which quite a lot of others have done fine.
I'd say it'd be over 10mg minimum, based on the effects compared to other people's high doses.

I agree, I think it was higher.
4.5mg really isn't all that much.
I'm guessing it was a significant amount higher, I think I read somewhere I guy did 10mg and went insanely high but made it through with benzos, fine in the end. I think I read it in the 25i-NBOMe big and dandy.

This doesn't add up compared to other people, it has to be higher than 4.5mg, that's really just a normal very high dose which quite a lot of others have done fine.
I'd say it'd be over 10mg minimum, based on the effects compared to other people's high doses.

Not everyone reacts to drugs in the same way. I don't think that it's that crazy to think that accidentally taking 10 times the dose of a potent psychedelic could cause problems. Like, for example, I know of someone that drank enough alcohol to blow a .65 and lived, where as most people would be dead long before that. The NBOMe drugs are essentially unstudied. There are anecdotal reports of people with liver damage from semi-frequent usage. There are so many horror stories with these compounds that they are one of the few RC's that I won't try, and I'm down to try almost anything. People are reluctant to believe all the bad NBOMe stories, but they just keep on coming.

It's also a possibility that he messed it up two decimal places instead of one. However, we can't just assume that because someone else did what he did and made it through.

My second friend who dosed was spared an ICU visit by a Xanax I brought him as a gift that day.

Us other two took nothing besides NBOMe,

I was said to have been the highest (paramedics recount) I'd say because my body is weakened from all the DPH and DMH I generally do; it along with DXM tend to linger in my body and violently affect other trips.

If you think i'm lying about the 4.5mg, try it for yourself, I don't really have much to say for someone who is doubting the warning I took the time to provide. If it was a troll, it's a boring as fuck humorless one.

JasperTheReckless said:
900mg in 20ml of water + 10ml of alcohol

I just realized you'd said 20 mL water + 10 mL alcohol...so 900 mg in 30 mL total --> 3 mg/100 μL (not 4.5). Still, that's a massive overdose for nasal admin.

dextrous said:

First of all, we know next to nothing about the effects of these compounds in humans...there's no established safety profile for ultrapotent 5-HT2A agonists. It seems likely based on reports that they do in fact have a lower thearpeutic index compared with other psychedelics. Secondly, in my experience, nasal administration is associated with roughly doubled potency compared with sublingual or buccal (at least with 25C-NBOMe) so I don't find it so unbelievable that the dose reported was relatively accurate. And third, there is significant interindividual variation in seizure thresholds, so it's possible that Jasper is on the more sensitive end.

One last thing...the drop method from a micropipette (not sure what type Jasper was using) is imperfect unless a calibrated scientific pipette is used like the one below.

volumeter.jpg

We used a very similar one, it was red, a different plastic, but basically the same. It looked very trustworthy, though if we mis-mixed it, it's hardly relevant eh?

I have texts saying 10ml water, and another saying 20ml. It's one of them. Sorry for the gap, we're still fried.

Not everyone reacts to drugs in the same way. I don't think that it's that crazy to think that accidentally taking 10 times the dose of a potent psychedelic could cause problems. Like, for example, I know of someone that drank enough alcohol to blow a .65 and lived, where as most people would be dead long before that. The NBOMe drugs are essentially unstudied. There are anecdotal reports of people with liver damage from semi-frequent usage. There are so many horror stories with these compounds that they are one of the few RC's that I won't try, and I'm down to try almost anything. People are reluctant to believe all the bad NBOMe stories, but they just keep on coming.

It's also a possibility that he messed it up two decimal places instead of one. However, we can't just assume that because someone else did what he did and made it through.

The problem with that statement is, in this case, everyone did react the same way. It wasn't only 1 person who was sent to the ER. It was him and his friend, and possibly a third friend but he just scraped through with some benzos to calm him down. Three people coincidentally overdosing on 4.5mg is quite ridiculously coincidental. Mixed in with a horribly inaccurate method of dosing and it's a recipe from disaster from the get-go, most likely nothing to do with the compound itself.

I'm only saying this for the sake of being factual, I wouldn't recommend anyone do a dose as high as 4.5mg, as it's not entirely impossible that I am wrong.

The amount of people giving the original poster shit in this thread is rediculous.

OP, sorry to hear your experience. I have only tried 25i-nbome once, at between 2-3mg insufflated, and it lasted well over 48 hours and was really intense. I did not have a seizure or any serious side effects, thankfully.

However I believe this substance is too potent and too dangerous to be available on the market. I'm sorry, but certain chemicals are just too dangerous to research. Haven't we learned from bromo-dragonfly?

Just take a bunch of LSD or DOC or mescaline if you want to trip safely for an extended duration. This stuff is proving to be too dangerous and too unpredictable. What might be okay for one person could give another person seizures, or worse.

This violent reaction could also be the result of a drug-drug interaction that exacerbated things.

i had a seizure on a mix of 25C-nBOME, 2C-P and MXE... granted they were STUPID doses, i am a lot more cautious now, but its not the first time i've read about someone having a seizure... there was an artile in DiTM which cited one such event on 25I

I'm sorry, but certain chemicals are just too dangerous to research. Haven't we learned from bromo-dragonfly?
I'm quoting this for posterity, yet, I'll add that this is true (if not quite in the same way) for LSD as well -- with all of its profundity and promise established. Now, what is it that's to be learned going forward?

25i is most likely WAY more benign than Bromodragonfly. Another thing about 25i is that if you dose it orally it should turn into 2c-i in the stomach making overdoses of this nature a lot less likely.

Wait, what? Are you serious? Ingesting 25i will make it turn into 2c-i? Link me up! :D