• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

NBOMe induced seizure, ten minutes after dosing

I'm almost certain that 25I's popularity has to do with the effects themselves, not the ease of manufacture. 25C and 25I seem to be equally available and cheap, but 25I's trip is decidedly more interesting IME.

I don't want to definitively say "you're wrong and I'm right" but I have a lot of experience with the RC scene and I can DEFINITIVELY say that 25i is much, much cheaper than 25c. In the beginning 25c was more available, but for whatever reason 25i got more demand and as a result a lot of cheap freebase 25i hit the market. 25c, by comparison, is quite rarer on the market.

the HCl is not hard to dissolve in 40% alcohol and is moderately soluble in water as well... I can't compare to 25c though, I will be getting 500mg of it soon though so I will post back in this thread comparing solubilities.

I hope you get all better OP! I would also be interested to know about dosage, preparation, possibility of evaporation, etc. In addition any info you can give on the hospital reporting or recordings of your vital statistics, and any physical dangers that may have arisen would also be very interesting and helpful to the community. I read about the overdoses in Chesterfield PA a few months back and they reported that one of the people in the hospital had evidence of brain bleeding - did you have anything like this? How many people went to the hospital? Again, sending you my wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!

Also thanks for posting as information like this can lead to more careful consideration for others in the future.

dwpineal said:
I read about the overdoses in Chesterfield PA a few months back and they reported that one of the people in the hospital had evidence of brain bleeding - did you have anything like this?

^ i doubt that anyone involved in the chesterfield incident experienced an intracranial hemorrhage. if they had it would have been reported as such.

some dodgey-as-fuck local news station reporting that an unnamed EMT said "brain bleeding" = absolutely fucking nothing.
also, how could the EMT know anyway? do the ambulances in PA have MRI machines in them?

I have to say it looks like an incredible overdose or a very very adverse reaction in all three of you / bad batch. Or what I guessed might happen were some weird and unusual responses and side effects from 25I-NBOMe.

^ i doubt that anyone involved in the chesterfield incident experienced an intracranial hemorrhage. if they had it would have been reported as such.

some dodgey-as-fuck local news station reporting that an unnamed EMT said "brain bleeding" = absolutely fucking nothing.
also, how could the EMT know anyway? do the ambulances in PA have MRI machines in them?

I wasn't saying it was credible, but they did show a brain scan image (who knows if it was truly that kids brain or not...) Where would it have been reported as such, since I would be interested to know...

Actually, just for the sake of correct fact.. 25i is more expensive to produce than 25c. Many vendors have told me this.

Its always easier to make the iodide, Cl2 is a toxic gas and Br2 is nasty liquid that will burn you. I2 is a nice solid, easy to work with. You need to use copper dichloride as a lewis acid for I2, whereas you can use the cheaper iron (III) halides for Cl2 and Br2 -- but the ease of working with I2 more than makes up for this.

Vendors aren't credible sources of information.

Its always easier to make the iodide, Cl2 is a toxic gas and Br2 is nasty liquid that will burn you. I2 is a nice solid, easy to work with. You need to use copper dichloride as a lewis acid for I2, whereas you can use the cheaper iron (III) halides for Cl2 and Br2 -- but the ease of working with I2 more than makes up for this.

Vendors aren't credible sources of information.

Ohh okay I get ya. 25i is easier to produce but reagents are more expensive.

Update: sorry for slacking on the math and stuff, I have alot of tests and stuff going on, bloodwork and xrays (my dumbass broke BOTH my arms (left wrist, right arm) in seizures that night -_- )

We miscalculated the speed at which Everclear Evaporates <-- main culprit

I don't see how the speed of evaporation was the main factor in your overdose.. The process must have been flawed from the beginning.. Nobody will ever know I guess because you seem like you don't have any idea.

Man I can't imagine how spastic you were going if you broke both your arms during your seizures. Glad you're a-ok.

Update: sorry for slacking on the math and stuff, I have alot of tests and stuff going on,

bloodwork and xrays (my dumbass broke BOTH my arms (left wrist, right arm) in seizures that night -_- )

We miscalculated the speed at which Everclear Evaporates <-- main culprit

How much did you originally dilute down into the mixture for dosing?

I think this is a very strong reason that when experimenting with chemicals with a dosage ranges under 5mg, to never dilute down into one container more than is safe to accidentally consume and strongly consider (if solvent is safe enough) using larger than 0.02 milliliter per dose, like in safe for consumption alcohol solvents.

Sure may taste nasty having to take a half milliliter drop of alcohol for a dose, but that reduces the variance due to evaporation.

If a substance has a per dose of 100 μg, and a toxic level of 2mg, then weigh out using a milligram scale 10mg, dilute it down to 100 μg per X milliliters, and then immediately separate the mixture into separate containers containing no more than 1mg (10 doses) per container.

This would prevent the possibility of a toxic dose even if you accidently consume the contents of the entire container, regardless of evaporation.

So, the formulas are along the lines of:

(Disclaimer: I am not a mathematician, I'm a software developer, if this looks like an amateur did it, it's because I am, just putting out my ideas and it was fun as hell to figure out all this, and how to write it in a way that at least appears professional to the untrained eye. Corrections, suggestions or criticisms of the following are welcome and desired... but please don't insult.)

Dr = amount of solvent containing enough of the diluted chemical to consist of one dropped dose, at a low enough quanitity to prevent solvent toxicity and high enough to prevent dose variance due to evaporation.
Do = size of one dose in mg.
T = Toxic level of chemical in mg.
TDo = Amount of doses when if consumed reaches toxic level specified by T
C = Containers to separate out the resulting mixture for safe storage
Q = Quantity of chemical to dilute
So = Amount of solvent required
CSo = Amount of solvent per container

Number of doses with a toxic dose in it:
TDo = (T / Do)

Largest safe dose (number per container):
.........{ |_ TDo / 2 _|, if T / 2 > Do
SDo = { 1

Number of doses created:
N = (Q / Do)

Number of containers to employ:
C = N / SDo

Amount of solvent to use:
S = Dr * N

Amount of solvent per container:
CSo = Dr * SDo

Using above formulas with the above example:

We have 10mg of substance Z, dose is .1mg and toxic dose is 2mg, we intend to use .1 milliliters of solvent per dose.

Do = .1mg
Q = 10mg
T = 2mg
Dr = .1 milliliter

Number of doses for toxic levels:
TDo = 2mg / .1mg
TDo = 20

Maximum number of doses per container:
2mg / 2 > .1mg so we will use floor(TDo / 2)
SDo = 20 / 2
SDo = 10

Number of doses created:
N = 10mg / .1mg
N = 100

Number of containers to employ:
C = 100 / 10
C = 10

Amount of solvent to use:
S = .1ml * 100
S = 10ml

Amount of solvent per container
CSo = .1ml * 10
CSo = 1ml

Last edited:
It's the main culprit i'd say, because we waited a little over an hour between prep and dosing. I highly doubt we mis-weighed it, as my friend checked and rechecked it three times to be sure.

900mg in 20ml of water + 10ml of alcohol

Complexed with HPBCD

100ul micropipette was used for dosing.

Raped via decimal place it seems.

Something like 4.5mg a person 8(

Last edited:
Ah, evaporation may have had something to do with it. The problem was that you had 30mg per 1mL or water.

How the fuuck can you accurately even dose that?

God..

For a 1mg dose you'd need to measure 0.03mL. That's 30 microlitres.

If evaporation took place on such an amount.. you can only imagine.

How much finished liquid did you dose?

900mg in 20ml of water + 10ml of alcohol

Complexed with HPBCD

100ul micropipette was used for dosing.

Raped via decimal place it seems.

Something like 4.5mg a person

Ouch!

Sorry you had to suffer, but thanks for sharing your experience. Reports like this are essential for the purposes of harm reduction.

I suppose we have an important data point to corroborate Erny's claims:

Erny said:
Doses of more than three milligrams may produce seizures and doses of less than ten milligrams may be fatal. Reality is a little more complicated of course. One of the reports on worryfying overdoses I was able to find was about a man who took 1 mg of NBOMe-2C-I by insufflation. He literally fell as if shot five minutes later, lost consciousness and had seizures.

Hopefully this report will encourage others be more careful in dealing with these ultrapotent chemicals.

I think insufflating would hit you harder than sublingual/buccal/rectal admin too.

I was easily higher than i've ever been, two minutes in. Three minutes, I lost my ability to make decisions, four, I hallucinated me dying, five, I saw myself die in the arms of my best friend. Easily some of the most complex detailed hallucinations i've experienced, the only thing differentiating them from my favored substance, was the psychedelic nature; it felt more like a vision than a hallucination, I'm sorry I don't have a better way to put it.

Woke up in the ICU tubed the next night.
Fried my muscles seizing, CK levels in excess of 18,000
Broken wrist, and fractured arm (from handcuffs, the EMT's and police couldn't hold me still enough)
Twisted ankle (handcuffed)
raped my throat freaking out when I woke, and ripped out my breathing tube
Catheters are just bad in general
getting visuals and twitches in my peripherals while sober, getting worse with passing days.

Is it possible for this event to have kicked in HPPD a nother notch? I had it a tad before, from DMH and DPH, as well as DXM. But this, this is different. much.

Would it be of value to you guys for me to try to put as much of my trip as I can remember before the seizure into a report? I think it's pretty amazing, I just might need some help finding good wording; i've never been so psyfried so fast in my life.

I was easily higher than i've ever been, two minutes in. Three minutes, I lost my ability to make decisions, four, I hallucinated me dying, five, I saw myself die in the arms of my best friend. Easily some of the most complex detailed hallucinations i've experienced, the only thing differentiating them from my favored substance, was the psychedelic nature; it felt more like a vision than a hallucination, I'm sorry I don't have a better way to put it.

Woke up in the ICU tubed the next night.
Fried my muscles seizing, CK levels in excess of 18,000
Broken wrist, and fractured arm (from handcuffs, the EMT's and police couldn't hold me still enough)
Twisted ankle (handcuffed)
raped my throat freaking out when I woke, and ripped out my breathing tube
Catheters are just bad in general
getting visuals and twitches in my peripherals while sober, getting worse with passing days.

Is it possible for this event to have kicked in HPPD a nother notch? I had it a tad before, from DMH and DPH, as well as DXM. But this, this is different. much.

Would it be of value to you guys for me to try to put as much of my trip as I can remember before the seizure into a report? I think it's pretty amazing, I just might need some help finding good wording; i've never been so psyfried so fast in my life.

I'd say it's very possible to have some severe HPPD.. Once again, how much on your micropipette did you dose????? I think along with evaporation you also must have taken far too much.