• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

NBOMbing

holy shit man, 9.5 mg, it is a miracle that you have survived, if you are not religious you should start because God has blessed you
Really, I do not feel lucky at all, I had no problem whatsoever that night. tripped, danced, stayed with my friends, no stupid behaviour, able to go back home no problems and slept well and was just tired next day.
Honestly I am convinced that it is not just the NBOMes series drugs that are behind the deaths and other incidents.
Between what I took myself and what I have laid as snuff and given I have seen several hundreds of doses go, and not even one person one time had any hint of vasoconstriction that went beyond the skin feeling a bit cold. No blue knees or any shit like that, ever.

My theory is that the deaths were either a combo with something else or episodes of extreme overdoses (due to uneven distribution of active compound in the medium) and users with no tolerance...
Here's a report of a guy that accidentally snorted 28mg of 25i NBOMe thinking it was a crushed pain pill and lived to tell the tale:
I Realized That I Was Going to Die
I realise that one instance does not mean much by itself, but the OD is so extreme in this case that it can be taken as a strong hint that it's not just randomly lethal in dosages that have been taken with no issues in other occasions.... It seems very likely to me that there is another element that is needed for the accident to happen.

Really, I do not feel lucky at all, I had no problem whatsoever that night. tripped, danced, stayed with my friends, no stupid behaviour, able to go back home no problems and slept well and was just tired next day.
Honestly I am convinced that it is not just the NBOMes series drugs that are behind the deaths and other incidents.
Between what I took myself and what I have laid as snuff and given I have seen several hundreds of doses go, and not even one person one time had any hint of vasoconstriction that went beyond the skin feeling a bit cold. No blue knees or any shit like that, ever.

My theory is that the deaths were either a combo with something else or episodes of extreme overdoses (due to uneven distribution of active compound in the medium) and users with no tolerance...
Here's a report of a guy that accidentally snorted 28mg of 25i NBOMe thinking it was a crushed pain pill and lived to tell the tale:
I realise that one instance does not mean much by itself, but the OD is so extreme in this case that it can be taken as a strong hint that it's not just randomly lethal in dosages that have been taken with no issues in other occasions.... It seems very likely to me that there is another element that is needed for the accident to happen.
People could have preexisting hidden medical conditions complicated by effects of NBOMB. Though the nbomb deaths i have heard of have been either jumping from windows of high rise apartments due to psychotic breaks or shot to death by police due to psychotic breaks

I did hear about a few people that were believed to have died as a direct consequence of ingesting a bomamine, that is what I referred to.
I do imagine that it is far more likely that accidents like those you mentioned would cause death during an NBOMe trip than the drug itself.

As I have said in this thread, I haven't enjoyed my experiences with NBOMe, none of them. I cannot see any pleasure in the trip, it is not spiritual like psychedelics are and it is not giving vivid sensations like MDMA gives. Basically, it is not worth it. For instance, you have not had any complication from your 9.5 mg trip, but, biochemically, what were the damages caused by it? Were they significant in a long term? Have they contributed in some way for a future disease? Because these are questions without answers, I would choose a safer substance, namely a natural one. I have found NBOMe similar to a type of chemical intoxication.

As I have said in this thread, I haven't enjoyed my experiences with NBOMe, none of them. I cannot see any pleasure in the trip, it is not spiritual like psychedelics are and it is not giving vivid sensations like MDMA gives. Basically, it is not worth it. For instance, you have not had any complication from your 9.5 mg trip, but, biochemically, what were the damages caused by it? Were they significant in a long term? Have they contributed in some way for a future disease? Because these are questions without answers, I would choose a safer substance, namely a natural one. I have found NBOMe similar to a type of chemical intoxication.

Substances occurring in nature are not universally safer than NBOMes.
Some are, some are not.
I did not have any noticeable damages or any feeling of intoxication from that trip or the other hundreds.
We don't know if any psychedelic drug will cause diseases in the future, natural or not, quite simply because there is no study done on long term psychedelic drug use, natural or not.
Also, what is your experience with "chemical intoxications", that gives you a reference to which you can compare the feeling of a dose of 2c-X NBOMe?

I did hear about a few people that were believed to have died as a direct consequence of ingesting a bomamine, that is what I referred to.
I do imagine that it is far more likely that accidents like those you mentioned would cause death during an NBOMe trip than the drug itself.
I also heard years ago during the nbomb panic bromo dragon fly was been sold on blotters in australia my friend said the trip on bromo dragon fly is alot worse than a nbomb trip. Was most likely made in china and some asshole wanted to make quick money and laid a bunch of blotter with it at that point not bromo dragonfly was very unheard of it and probably just got slapped with the nbomb label. The last nbomb trip report from a mate didn't sound like nbomb at all mabye a dox compound but he said the trip started to get stronger after the 12 hour mark and lasted up to 30 hours. I think alot of people have assumed bitter taste on a tab = nbomb when it could be alot of other things aswell

Bomamines do not last 30 hours, no way.
25i is supposed to be the longest in duration and with epic doses you can go for 14-16 tops, and you hit the pic after 90 minutes snorted, and I would guess 120 minutes if eaten.
That timeline makes me think Bromo Dragonfly as well, only compound I know that has been actually produced and sold that lasts so long.
I heard about N Methylated DOx being in that ballpark but AFAIK they have been produced only in minuscule batches.

After having tested mostly all the shulgin available catalogue, I did a good amounts of 25C via snorted ad subligual and I deeply enjoyed everyone of my trips. Some friends that tried that too.

I didn´t ordered again due the associated risks but subjetively I found it fantastic compounds. Very recreative, visual and fun in small dosages. And risky too, for sure. You have to be an experienced psychonaut to deal with it, and even the most experienced ones mess it up sometimes, so, better dont risk it, but I loved the very nature of the compound

Substances occurring in nature are not universally safer than NBOMes.
Some are, some are not.
I did not have any noticeable damages or any feeling of intoxication from that trip or the other hundreds.
We don't know if any psychedelic drug will cause diseases in the future, natural or not, quite simply because there is no study done on long term psychedelic drug use, natural or not.
Also, what is your experience with "chemical intoxications", that gives you a reference to which you can compare the feeling of a dose of 2c-X NBOMe?

Yeah, i agree with you "Substances occurring in nature are not universally safer than NBOMes." but, using mushrooms and DMT as examples, they are relatively safe. They are known for a long time and well-studied. I've seen several studies and I don't think they are mutagenic or carcinogenic when used in ordinary doses and not daily. So I would not be worried about my health when using these drugs (in the circumstances that I've mentioned).

On the contrary, I don't know what will happen in a NBOMe trip, and, this may be personal, of course, I've found that this drug induces negative thoughts, which is exactly the contrary of mushrooms and DMT (disregarding the eventual bad trips). That's why I told 'chemical intoxication", it was in a figurative sense.

Again, this is only my opinion, I am not trying to say that this is a universal truth. They are not my kind of drug.

Last edited:
Yeah, i agree with you "Substances occurring in nature are not universally safer than NBOMes." but, using mushrooms and DMT as examples, they are relatively safe. They are known for a long time and well-studied. I've seen several studies and I don't think they are mutagenic or carcinogenic when used in ordinary doses and not daily. So I would not be worried about my health when using this drugs (in the circumstances that I've mentioned).
There is no research that shows whether DMT or mushrooms are mutagenic or carcinogenic or not.

Seeing as you have thoughts about the dangers of NBOMes when you trip on them, it is not a surprise that you have a very unpleasant experience.

I would advise anyone to not have the belief that it is possible to know what will happen, it will take from the experience, I think it's just best to be ready to observe whatever will be shown with an open mind.

And obviously, as everyone is different, you are absolutely the only judge of what is good for you.

"Seeing as you have thoughts about the dangers of NBOMes when you trip on them, it is not a surprise that you have a very unpleasant experience."

The fact that I don't like NBOMe does not mean that I had a bad trip because I was expecting shit from it, this conclusion is from your mind.

Mushrooms and DMT are being extensively researched by pharmaceutical industries and universities around the world, they are close to the point of being legalized and commercialized as therapeutic drugs. I am quite sure that there are studies about that.

Mushrooms and DMT cannot be patented, so it is extremely unlikely that they will be ever offered as medications. But maybe some analogues will be created and marketed.

As much as ofcourse I cannot be sure of things that are entirely inside your head, such as how you felt and why, when taking NBOMes, I can tell you that if you had only bad experiences with it, and at the same time you are convinced that naturally occurring psychedelics are better as they bring less risks, there is no way that that line of thought did not give a strong influence to the trip.
The fact is, that NBOMes do not MAKE you feel bad or have negative thoughts, they will just amplify them if you already have them inside of you, like most psychedelics.

Yeah man, but who said to you that my current opinion was the same opinion that I had at the time I took the drug?

My current opinion was based on my experiences. In my first NBOMe experiences I was not with this mindset, on the contrary, I was looking forward to taking it in a very optimistic way.

On the other hand, for sure, I was pissed off when they sold me NBOMe as LSD and I figured out only when it was too late to return from the unwanted trip

"The fact is, that NBOMes do not MAKE you feel bad or have negative thoughts, they will just amplify them if you already have them inside of you, like most psychedelics."

This is true for psychedelics, but would it be really true for NBOMe? I doubt. Some substances have an increased potential to generate paranoia and anxiety, others not, independently of the current mindset.

crack, cocaine, salvia divinorium (which i have taken) and I would include meth as well (but I have never take it), and why not NBOMe (perhaps to a lesser degree). These drugs are only for experienced people, not for beginners.

"Mushrooms and DMT cannot be patented, so it is extremely unlikely that they will be ever offered as medications. "

Yes, besides analogues, as you said, they can also sell assisted therapies with the substances, this is a profitable market as well.

All psychedelic trips depend on your mind set and setting. Never let the psychedelics take you. You are taking them and have to be in control of your own mind which requires preparation before the trip to make you sure you are feeling happy and are in a good place. I personally found NBOMB to have very beautiful visuals and pretty interesting and also spiritual. But i find everything to be spiritual because thats how i look at the world a magical place of unknowns.

This is true for psychedelics, but would it be really true for NBOMe? I doubt. Some substances have an increased potential to generate paranoia and anxiety, others not, independently of the current mindset.

Yes, it is true also for NBOMes, they act on the same receptors as all phenethylamine psychedelics do, and I have witnessed hundreds of high dose trips and tripped on them hundreds of times as well, and the incidence of bad trips has been lower than with traditional psychedelics, and in all cases where psychological support was provided, the person was able to reverse the anxiety or fear and go back to happy tripping.
What it is true though, is that some psychedelic do induce good feelings or reduce anxiety, and therefore someone might think that the ones that do not are anxiety inducing, while it is not the case.
Other than that, my first strong trip was a ++++ experience by snorting 1.5mg of 25i NBOMe, and did not have any problem even being absolutely inexperienced.

i've never snorted it, only blotters are available where I live. This can also generate different trips, for example, I don't like edibles and I love smoking weed.

Moreover, I am not sure about the purity of my NBOMes, i'd not vouch for them.

Mh, I understand, I guess by eating them you might get nausea maybe? If that's the case, I've seen it bother some people a lot, I mean with psychedelics in general.
And ofcourse purity issues make it impossible to be sure about anything really.