NASADD Social - so we all smoked outta a cucumber

Why can't wiggi figure out how to change the poll?

• Good Question

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Lefty, step away from the kangaroo and zip your pants up

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
HoL, that shit was crazy. It was when all my friends were starting to get strung out on opiates. No one had a scratch on them at all. Despite being outnumbered. I personally had never experienced that level of racism and figured that shit really didn't happen anymore. The mixed guy had to drive my vehicle out there to the party because everyone else was nodding out so hard that we couldn't drive. But when that fight happened, everyone sobered up immediately.

God had to have been looking out for us because I don't know how none of my friends didn't even get punched. We got the fuck out of that county ASAP when we found out that he was probably bringing his cop buddies out there.

I'm not racist even the slightest, but I know the KKK is alive and well not too far away from here. It's a different world here.

Jesus man, the KKK? That's something you only hear about or see on TV around here. There are racists everywhere you go, not just in the south but, I've never experienced a hate crime like that man.

Tommy that sucks about your dog man. I had a dog years ago that started having em when she was older and it's just a terrible feeling because there's nothing you can do to help them while it's happening.

Man i lived in the south all my life until last year, even prison in the south and i can say by far that Montana is more racist than anywhere ive lived in the south. Its insane lol. I dont think i've seen a black person up here in over a month.

^^thats kinda funny to me, montana being worse then arkansas

there is an old bridge around here where they used to hold klan meetings but b/c of urban sprawl of the metroplex n what not that shit stopped awhile ago when it started getting more populated, but thats prob the closest klan encounter ive ever had

i mean there are always the gunshows n flea markets n stuff that have vendors sellin klan related t-shirts but thats bout it

Last edited:
Need some advice. When you meet a nice girl, one who doesn't really party (but you see that as a good thing), how do you have "the talk" with her? And when? You know..."I have been addicted to heroin for years, though I am clean now. I have done some horrible things, been locked up and have a record, a lot of my life is still controlled by consequences of that, I suffer from trauma, etc...wanna come back to my place and watch a movie???"

But really, when do you guys say it? And how? I don't want to screw this up, but this type of thing rarely seems to go well. She thinks I am "a great guy," and I honestly feel like this is gonna hurt her...

Need some advice. When you meet a nice girl, one who doesn't really party (but you see that as a good thing), how do you have "the talk" with her? And when? You know..."I have been addicted to heroin for years, though I am clean now. I have done some horrible things, been locked up and have a record, a lot of my life is still controlled by consequences of that, I suffer from trauma, etc...wanna come back to my place and watch a movie???"

But really, when do you guys say it? And how? I don't want to screw this up, but this type of thing rarely seems to go well. She thinks I am "a great guy," and I honestly feel like this is gonna hurt her...

^ probably if she asks you if you're into drugs, or if she brings it up or if it comes up in conversation at all. It's a good question to ask.

great question, have been wondering this myself, will look forward to peoples replies as well

one thing I heard yesterday in class tho, teacher said something to the effect of once you've been through addiction it sometimes helps to tell people/be honest/get it off your chest, but his recommendation was to tell 3 people n then move on, never again. he said something to the effect of our minds building our own realities n when you constantly continue your story of being n addict it does more to control you/your life/who you are then if you were to just get it off your chest n then not really mention it n try to get past it, I dunno if this is great advice or not but to a degree it made sense to me n obviously he said it more eloquently then I just did

Man i know what you mean bro. I have the same problems record, locked up, still dealing with parole, Heroin before all that and now clean. I know for me i put some of it out there at the very beginning. I dont want to get attached on to some girl based on false pretenses. And i dont want her to be attached to me because she doesnt know the truth. I've found most girls can't even relate to half of the shit that ive been through and i can tell that within a few minutes of talking to them. If i feel like they can handle it and not be judgmental i tell em. Its really all about how the girl is man. I have straight up left girls on dates because i knew they were way too innocent for me to be telling them my past. Its like they can't even comprehend some of the shit ive gone through.

Just get a good read on her before you tell her these things if you really like her and have really changed your ways and want that kind of girl in your life. Good luck

I would probably wait till the relationship started getting a little serious, at least exclusive so there is no dating other people. Your actions at this point should tell her what kind of person you are. Maybe it will be no big deal she might have already figured some of it out on her own. I believe people can change I have seen it in one of my good buddies.

You've never ever been in a fight? Not even on the schoolyard as a boy? I don't condone violence but, it has it's merits. Some of my most trusted friends came out of fighting. It's a mutual respect that is hard to describe. Not that I'd be quick to hit someone at my age but, I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself or someone else. It's always gonna be best to just get out of the situation but, sometimes you can't.

for me, fighting is something that i last resort and most often its a thing about respect. im not going to let you continue to do something when i ask/tell you not to. if you continue to do it physical confrontation will usually end it. its supposed to be the last and final option to settle something.

there was a time when i went out looking for fights but having a friend get shot because he beat the shit out of someone who couldnt take the embarrassment changed my mind really quick.

im not going to say im never going to get into a fight again but these days i will never be the one to throw th first punch, however, if you decide to put your hands on me you best bet i can take care of myself if im pushed to it.

my temper gets really bad and short when im in pain and i know its stupid but i am most likely to get physical when im in pain.

Jesus man, the KKK? That's something you only hear about or see on TV around here. There are racists everywhere you go, not just in the south but, I've never experienced a hate crime like that man.

Tommy that sucks about your dog man. I had a dog years ago that started having em when she was older and it's just a terrible feeling because there's nothing you can do to help them while it's happening.

i think i have told you guys the story of when i went down to ole miss for a party after i graduated high school and this guy came up and introduced himself to me as "nigga fag"....he was a gay black guy, the only black guy at the party.....he didnt last long at that party. there is always 1 or 2 real fucking morons that will turn a situation like that into something no one wants to be a part of.

dude, i am faced with this dilemma every fucking time i meet a girl. i have made the decision to always tell the girl (at the right time) if i have feeling for her and want it to go somewhere...you never want to get close to a girl and then have them hear it from someone else. i have a douchebag cousin who would gladly tell any girl i bring around the family ANYTHING about my past....just because he is a peice of shit....this is the same cousin who saw my brother at a bar the other night and proceeded to tell him that he was on the phone with me like a week ago and i told him i had to go because i was going to get heroin....i did tell my other buddy (who was with him) that i was on my way back from getting morphine for my back pain (this was a week before my nerve block) and i made a comment about my cousins drinking problem and he got all butt hurt and decided to get back at me by telling my brother that shit. thats just petty pussy shit imo you dont put anyones business out like that no matter what the situation....but he is just that type of guy.

but thats a big reason why i always have "the discussion" before things get serious.

Oh ya, and a lot of people are just like "just find a girl who is into that stuff to, problem solved!" They don't know what they are even saying. Maybe a girl with some clean time under her belt and a good life, but where are those girls? Any girl with clean time like my length and a life mess like mine, well give it a week until we are getting high. And then it only gets worse. I need a good girl to hold me accountable.

It is a catch-22. Need the good girl to pull off the good, clean life. Need a good, clean life to pull the good girl.

HoL: That guy would not so well at AA meetings! But it is an interesting POV. I feel like I gotta tell any chick, though. I can't stand the feeling that a girl id dating a character you play, and not the real you (who she would leave if she met). Sleeping with a girl like that feels very creepy. Call me emotional, but it is a huge fear of mine that I won't ever find someone who accepts my entire past. Saying I used to do h is bad enough to scare most girls away. But that is just the pinprick, and there is a whole plunger of shit that also has to come out.

She asked me why I wasn't working a job with my degree, and I made up some bullshit about liking the journey more than the destination. But ya, this is gonna suck. Three cocktails and a drunk dial is her idea of crazy. I wish she could understand that still underneath all of this insanity, I really am more like her than I am like anyone who should scare her.

Fanatical conservative parents who tell her being vegan is morally wrong. Icing on the cake.

fuck no, im not getting involved with a girl who does any hard drugs, that includes xanax. i prefer a female who doesnt do drugs at all, i do enough for both of us, but it is difficult to find a girl who doesnt do drugs but will lay down with a dude who does.

Oh ya, and a lot of people are just like "just find a girl who is into that stuff to, problem solved!" They don't know what they are even saying. Maybe a girl with some clean time under her belt and a good life, but where are those girls? Any girl with clean time like my length and a life mess like mine, well give it a week until we are getting high. And then it only gets worse. I need a good girl to hold me accountable.

It is a catch-22. Need the good girl to pull off the good, clean life. Need a good, clean life to pull the good girl.

HoL: That guy would not so well at AA meetings! But it is an interesting POV. I feel like I gotta tell any chick, though. I can't stand the feeling that a girl id dating a character you play, and not the real you (who she would leave if she met). Sleeping with a girl like that feels very creepy. Call me emotional, but it is a huge fear of mine that I won't ever find someone who accepts my entire past. Saying I used to do h is bad enough to scare most girls away. But that is just the pinprick, and there is a whole plunger of shit that also has to come out.

She asked me why I wasn't working a job with my degree, and I made up some bullshit about liking the journey more than the destination. But ya, this is gonna suck. Three cocktails and a drunk dial is her idea of crazy. I wish she could understand that still underneath all of this insanity, I really am more like her than I am like anyone who should scare her.

Fanatical conservative parents who tell her being vegan is morally wrong. Icing on the cake.

you dont have to tell her EVERYTHING about your past, just tell her you were into some shit and in turn you were involved in some grimy shit but thats in the past....you can get into the good stories once you guys have been together for awhile

Those girls are out there. My buddy has a pretty dark past and he has a good girl that keeps him accountable. They have 3 kids and just got married a few months ago

fuck no, im not getting involved with a girl who does any hard drugs, that includes xanax. i prefer a female who doesnt do drugs at all, i do enough for both of us, but it is difficult to find a girl who doesnt do drugs but will lay down with a dude who does.

I'm with you on that. I need a girl that's a positive influence on me, not one that might drag me down. I was just with my boy who has a junkie girlfriend and it's such as drag. She wants him to split everything with her, even if she has nothing to do with the deal. Like today I went with him out to Brooklyn, and I just paid for gas and broke him off with a small amount since he gave it to me at cost and it's his connect. It wasn't a big order so he was only getting 2 bags worth out of it, and she was bitching at him since he told her he couldn't give her half since he was barely getting any himself. This led to her flipping out saying she was going to leave him.

She has been high all morning while he ran around getting things done, and she woke up / came out of her nod and wanted to get high again so threw a fit when my boy told her he wasn't splitting his stuff with her. They also owe the connect I gave them $100 which really would have been 50 or nothing at all since she wanted to get high with the dope they were supposed to sell for the dealer, so they ended up doing it and not getting any money for it to pay the dealer with. I'm sure my boy could have sold the bags but his girl was probably crying saying she was sick and to just break open the bag, so he probably gave in and got high with her instead of selling the dope like they were supposed to. So he either would have done nothing and just sold it, or done half the amount since he would have gotten high off that himself, but since he's supporting 2 habits he's in the hole with my dealer and now I have to hear about it from both of them, when really it was probably his girl that caused the whole thing.

Tommyboy your friend needs to learn to not tell his girl everything, or just stretch the truth a little bit. Any time I had anything to sell I never sold as much as I should have. Either I broke down and wanted to get high or she did. Either way once one of us started doing some the other one would do it too. Then next thing you know twice as much is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.