• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

My nanna can't tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine!

It would be correct to assume that most commonly used cuts in methamphetamine sold as "base" in Australia are also more readily soluble in hot water?

Glucodin for example.

Also, on that note.. how many IV users of meth have still encountered solids after applying heat to the solution to promote solubility of the "powder"?

Ashley.

It would be correct to assume that most commonly used cuts in methamphetamine sold as "base" in Australia are also more readily soluble in hot water?

Glucodin for example.

I would think so, as I'd expect users would certainly complain otherwise. However, there's no telling what some producers might add, and left over solvents are usually, at least in part responsible for less pure "base" forms.

Whilst on the topic of commonly used cuts and their respective solubility.. In the instance of a long term IV user of "base" methamphetamine, which is more harmful to the body over time, glucose/sucrose or epsom salts?

I have always wanted to inject a small amount (initially) of pseudoephedrine on it's own, to see if there is any distinguishable effects that some users may associate with the quality of their meth. If that makes sense? :)

Is there much information on the potential damage caused to the body by delivering glucose/sucrose, epsom salts, pseudoephedrine, etc. directly into the bloodstream by means of intravenous injection? Both long term and short term.

I am hellbent on getting some decent harm reduction information out to the public about methamphetamine in Australia. Most of the users in the meth scene that I have talked to and shot up with have been greatly miseducated about what they're putting into their bodies.

..and nine times out of ten they're opposed to someone trying to re-educate them with the correct information.

P.S - I know I'm raving on and on about IV use of meth, however these questions can also be applied to other methods of administration. For example, which is a more damaging cut to the nasal passage in the case of snorted gear? Glucodin? Epsom salts?

Food for thought. :)

Ashley.

From my understanding, magnesium sulphate (epsom salts) is often added with glucose to cut meth etc. When the cut becomes a large percentage of the gear, a very small amount of magnesium sulphate would add bitterness to an otherwise very sweet product.

I'm not sure about IVing magnesium salts, although I'd say chronic exposure could be very bad for the kidneys /renal system. Someone with renal insufficiency could even be prone to magnesium intoxication (not pleasant). But compared to orally administered magnesium sulphate which would have a far less degree of absorption, I imagine IV could be quite damaging.

Providing a person didn't have diabetes, the glucose should do little damage.

Please note that these comments are my opinion only. There may in fact be other predispositions/ contraindications/ dangers associated with the use of epsom salts and glucose in IV drug use.

phase_dancer said:
Providing a person didn't have diabetes, the glucose should do little damage.

Please note that these comments are my opinion only. There may in fact be other predispositions/ contraindications/ dangers associated with the use of epsom salts and glucose in IV drug use.

I understand and respect this is only your opinion and am greatful for your input. Clandestine drug manufacture and it's correlation with the health of long term drug addicts is a great interest of mine and it remains a topic that is very hard to gather information about.

Ashley.

my dad takes my adderalls, and he is religious, so he would never snort or smoke ANY drug, let alone meth.

one time, I ran outta adderalls and he said he really needed some for an important buisness conference, he said he just need like 5 or 10 pills. So I got some good meth and eyeballed out "oral" doses and put them in some empty prescription capsules.

I then tested the "dexedrine" (as I called the methamphetamine capsules) on myself.

handed them over to him.

and he said he "liked them, maybe not as much as adderall"

but overall, he couldn't really tell too much of a difference.

"My nanna can't tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine!"

Whats with the title of this thread. Nanna? "An" Amphetamine?? 8( :D

apollo said:
I made a mistake - The differences between amphetamine and methamphetamine are not chemically comparable to cocaine/crack. Sorry.

I know this is an old thread, but I have allways thought an analogy would be Methamphetamine is to Amphetamine what Metholated Spirits is to Vodka.

Extra methyl groups can make things a whole lot more toxic, oil soluble (thus they penetrate nerve tissue more easily), and difficult for the body to break down. Or so I have come to understand.

More basic Amphetamine is comparatively harmless, decades ago they used to dish out free samples of it to Med students to help them study.

However, Caffiene has two Methyl groups, and isn't very toxic.

I know this is an old thread, but I have allways thought an analogy would be Methamphetamine is to Amphetamine what Metholated Spirits is to Vodka.

Mmm... but methylamphetamine can be used safely; can you say the same abuot methylated spirits (ethanol mixed with ethanol)?

Which reminds me, I once read that hobos will pour methylated spirits through bread to get rid of the methanol; does that work? =D

Mr Blonde said:
Mmm... but methylamphetamine can be used safely; can you say the same abuot methylated spirits (ethanol mixed with ethanol)?

Which reminds me, I once read that hobos will pour methylated spirits through bread to get rid of the methanol; does that work? =D

No shit I was out and about today and a guy came into the public place where I was chroming out of what appeared to be a can of spray adhesive and drinking out of a bottle of Cole's brand metho: then he took a rat out of his pocket and let it run around the place, then they called the police. I'm guessing no, methyl alcohol cannot be used safely - and I'm sorry to say I question whether meth really can either, not to make an argument of it though.

My understanding is that because people do drink metho, the methanol is no longer added. Instead substances such as pyridine and denatonium benzoate are used, both of which taste horrible.

In Australia I think all speed and base and shit is a type of methylamphetamine we don't seem to have just plain amphetamines like over in America and Europe.

We have some of the best speed in the world I think, Ice is just a purer form of these and has a different synthesis to create shards.

No shit I was out and about today and a guy came into the public place where I was chroming out of what appeared to be a can of spray adhesive and drinking out of a bottle of Cole's brand metho: then he took a rat out of his pocket and let it run around the place, then they called the police. I'm guessing no, methyl alcohol cannot be used safely - and I'm sorry to say I question whether meth really can either, not to make an argument of it though.

Dude that's sort of funny but fucked up at the same time... Which state are you in?

mushi mushi 88 said:
Dude that's sort of funny but fucked up at the same time... Which state are you in?

I'm in Victoria, and it was in a building belonging to an organisation strongly affiliated with the Governement, which made it funnier. However the guy was actually really polite and friendly, just absolutely out of it.

I'm not sure whether Metho still contains methanol, but there is a whole family of alcohol compounds, and even fennel alcohols seem to have unpleasant effects - I think there is plently of them in red wine and dark spirits but I would have to check to be sure. I believe this is why I get headspins and a strange sensation of perpetually moving vision from drinking bourbon whilst no matter how much beer I drink I don't get this exact effect.

I'm not sure whether Metho still contains methanol, but there is a whole family of alcohol compounds, and even fennel alcohols seem to have unpleasant effects - I think there is plently of them in red wine and dark spirits but I would have to check to be sure. I believe this is why I get headspins and a strange sensation of perpetually moving vision from drinking bourbon whilst no matter how much beer I drink I don't get this exact effect.

An alcohol is simply defined as an organic molecule with an OH group. Methanol is the simplest alcohol (CH3-OH) where as ethanol has an extra carbon in the chain (CH3-CH2-OH). While many higher alcohols, including those found in red wine can produce additional or unpleasant side effects, the reason methanol is so much more toxic has to do with it's metabolic product. When ethanol is metabolised, it is first oxidised to acetaldehyde, which, while toxic, is far less so than the corresponding oxidation product of methanol - formaldehyde.

Formaldehyde is far more reactive than acetaldehyde. Acute intoxication can affect most organs but the eyes are particularly susceptible. Some other alcohols are also toxic, but those occurring in wine and other consumables are far less toxic than methanol, and are usually only present in fairly low levels.

It might seem interesting that the antidote for methanol poisoning is actually ethanol. This is because ethanol preferentially binds with oxidative enzymes, leaving the methanol to be excreted unchanged. The majority of problems occurring when liquor etc that contains small amounts of methanol is consumed, has to do with prolonged use, where organ damage may be extensive and blindness often results.

mushi mushi 88 said:
We have some of the best speed in the world I think, Ice is just a purer form of these and has a different synthesis to create shards.

You really think so? I've always thought we had some of the worst 'speed', comes down to who you know though.

General Amphetamine Question

Hi guys,

I havent been using anything for about 5 years now. Before , back in Germany, when I was younger ;-) I used to go out and party alot. Never that much that I lost control over it though. I tried the ocasional XTC pill but never really liked how it makes me feel all lovey dovey if you know what I mean. Just a personaal preference I guess. So I mostly resorted to speed and I really liked the „pick-me-up“ effect it gave me when going out.

Now I read a little bit here and there about Tina or crystal meth. I haven’t tried it yet (not knowingly anyway). Appart from the fact that speed for me is really hard to come by and the price I wonder if those two compare in terms of the „pick-me-up“ effect I mentioned ealier. And what other drug you’ve tried gave you this effect?

Looking forward to your answers

so if speed is methampetamine here, then base is uncut methampetamine and therefore pure? ie ice?

also just a little question on dosage for a first timer, 50mg is adequate right? 100mg would probably be a bit too much for first time/dose, right?

cheers.

'base' is a slang term that generally refers to less pure methamphetamine that comes in either a paste or a soggy crystalline form. Generally not the best for smoking and tends towards lower purity, though that isn't always the case.

Not to be confused with 'freebase' methamphetamine, which is an oily liquid you'll almost certainly never encounter outside a meth lab.