• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

My nanna can't tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine!

Aussies call cut/uncleaned meth "base"
ergerq.jpg

Pure meth is ice which is clear crystals.
dhddr.jpg

Sydney area by the way. Very very nice i hear hehe

Europeans have amphetamine sulphate.
0811070114.jpg

Meth base is an oil and is very rare on the streets.

Last edited:
so if speed is methampetamine here, then base is uncut methampetamine and therefore pure? ie ice?

also just a little question on dosage for a first timer, 50mg is adequate right? 100mg would probably be a bit too much for first time/dose, right?

cheers.

Your 1st time dosage completely depends on the purity :p
50mg should be fine, just dont do it before work for your first time because working scattered is no good :!

mickeyone, yeah fine with the assumptions, but all are circumstancial and thus incorrect unless proven in a lab.

I'd say as a rule, yes. Generally, purity (and price) goes crystal > base > powder, but no guarantees.

it depends on the steps taken and when it came about. if no steps were left out to crystallize it, it will be pure..but it will crystallize within minutes/hrs of exposure to the elements

ime, it's slightly purer than crystal meth because it smokes easier. it's obviously less convenient tho since you can't measure out doses easily & it's a real bitch to try to get into a pipe

ps- people should stop calling amphetamine speed & base. it's incorrect & incredibly confusing for lay people

how no one could tell the difference between amp and meth is beyond me, especially if they've smoked either.. orally, there isn't as much of a difference, but there's still a huge difference in terms of effects & duration. me thinks a lot of people claiming to have done meth haven't or have only had crappy cut shit with amphetamine

me thinks a lot of people claiming to have done meth haven't or have only had crappy cut shit with amphetamine

For at least 20 years or more, methamphetamine has been far more common in Australia, for the simple fact it is so easily prepared from pseudo. The corresponding precursor for amphetamine; phenylpropanolamine is not sold in any pharmaceutical products here, leaving diverted dexamphetamine (from prescription) as the main source.

Have been around for quite some time and used to always get amphetamine sulphate.....which in my opinion used to give me a huge buzz and could feel a great high and at times slight euphoria (this is going back 10+ years ago) The last 7 or so years Australia has been flooded with methamphetamine which is not only cheaper to produce but can be on the streets within 8 hours as opposed to a couple of days as with amphetamine. I am no chemistry wizz but know this is the case as have several ##### in the know.. I would so love to have contact with amphet once again as I get the best high as opposed to Meth (which I have partaken in all forms of admistration and purity) which only give me the sense of being WIDE awake. However it is very rare and I don't have access anymore. This was also when I was in Adelaide.

Last edited:
hang on hang on hang on... I'm gonna sound like a n00b here.

But I always though methamphetamine was speed. Thats how I knew it.
Until recently my friend who knows way more about speed then me, told me that methamphetamines wasn't actually speed. Just thats what it's sold as in Australia.
But real speed is just amphetamines.

and now I hear...
"ps- people should stop calling amphetamine speed & base. it's incorrect & incredibly confusing for lay people"

So whats correct? I don't wanna go round saying the wrong thing. Also I was gonna check wiki but decided it wasn't a reliable source as this seems to be something their is alot of confusion about.

i thought methamphetamine was amphetamine...???

haha kidding
i haven't read the entire thread but im sure as we all know, they are completely different
i myself have never tried methamphetamine, only amphetamine in prescription & street form as rock, both very nice :)

i'm not sure how base compares, but a few of my mates rate it quite mediocre
although this could be related to area, demand & supply :\

thestudent14: as far as i know - speed, gas, goey & lpg is d-amphetamine
whilst d-meth is known as - ice, meth etc.
however, im not very big into that scene so don't quote me on that ;)
haha

apparently methamphetamine is very prevalent these days, so much "speed" is in fact meth
i guess one can never be sure with drugs these days...

i myself have adhd & have access to much dexamphetamine daily, however i realise the detrimental effects of habitual abuse & negative effects upon tolerance & my condition in general
so these days i tend to stay well away from recreational use :)

peace.
:)

^^^^ mostly every bit of speed in Aus is methamphetamine

Simple fact that it's easily manufactured from pseudo and the precursor for amphetamine aren't available

This has been stated countless times in this thread....

For at least 20 years or more, methamphetamine has been far more common in Australia, for the simple fact it is so easily prepared from pseudo. The corresponding precursor for amphetamine; phenylpropanolamine is not sold in any pharmaceutical products here, leaving diverted dexamphetamine (from prescription) as the main source.

For example...

It's all methylated.

Like MDMA for example.

Though the MDA - Amphetamine ratio is probably still slightly greater (in favour of the former).

I have doubts about the 'pure meth being an oil' theory (according to Sustanon) - ketone is an oil, granted, but pseudo.....? just thinking aloud here.

I have doubts about the 'pure meth being an oil' theory (according to Sustanon) - ketone is an oil, granted, but pseudo.....? just thinking aloud here.

The freebase form of meth is an oil (liquid); the HCl salt, a crystalline solid. Without getting into detail here, reduction of pseudo can be done in either base or acid conditions (although some methods wouldn't work for both). If basic conditions were used, the pseudo would normally first be converted (maybe insitu) to the freebase - a liquid.

I didn't see Sustanon's post, but to refer to pure meth as an oil, although true, in a sense is misleading, as Meth is normally produced, sold and used as the HCl salt, and pure Meth-HCl is a solid.

It seems you guys kind of missed what I meant by my question lol

I know that nearly all the speed in Aus is Methamphetamine, both Ice and cut down stuff aswell.

What I'm trying to find out is, suppose I was to get pure speed would that be methamphetamines or amphetamines? From a definitions perspective.

Or are they both considered to actually be speed.
Coz I for one, think different things should have different names.

^^^ They are both considered "speed". No matter how pure the stuff you find is chances are its methamphetamine.

As stated already...

Aussies call cut/uncleaned meth "base"
ergerq.jpg

Pure meth is ice which is clear crystals.
dhddr.jpg

Sydney area by the way. Very very nice i hear hehe

Europeans have amphetamine sulphate.
0811070114.jpg

Meth base is an oil and is very rare on the streets.

Thestudent: That was my post back a while ago, should give u an idea of what is what. To answer ur question. Speed can be any form of amphetamine whether its methamphetamine or amphetamine sulphate or even dexies. Its about the same when talking opiates. Whether ur talking bout Heroin, codeine or oxys etc etc etc they are all classified as opiates.

Cheers Sustanon,
You seemed to have properly understood what I was asking :p
Very appreciated

The freebase form of meth is an oil (liquid); the HCl salt, a crystalline solid. Without getting into detail here, reduction of pseudo can be done in either base or acid conditions (although some methods wouldn't work for both). If basic conditions were used, the pseudo would normally first be converted (maybe insitu) to the freebase - a liquid.

I didn't see Sustanon's post, but to refer to pure meth as an oil, although true, in a sense is misleading, as Meth is normally produced, sold and used as the HCl salt, and pure Meth-HCl is a solid.

thanks for this. you said it better than i could :)