• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

My experience with MDMA / Ecstasy !

How have you been affected from Ecstasy use/abuse?

• I feel Ecstasy has caused me mostly suffering.

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • I feel Ecstasy has brought me mostly joy.

Votes: 132 62.0%
  • Ecstasy has caused me suffering, but the benefits outweigh the risks.

Votes: 39 18.3%
  • It has caused me both joy and suffering, but the risk outweighs the reward.

Votes: 25 11.7%
  • I have made the decision to never take Ecstasy.

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
So it seems there are 45 people who think MDMA is good and 13 who think it is bad, so far. Interesting results :)

and again, this is on a drug board that is said to have a much higher amount of damaged users than in the real world!

Not a bad idea for a poll, but based on what I have quoted above, I'll have to agree with futura that your intentions are pretty damned transparent lol. This is particularly true when considering all the messages you have written complaining about the way MDMA is portrayed on this board (even though personal accounts of MDMA-related suffering seem to be genuine attempts to get advice about their problems, not attempts to ruin the appeal of MDMA). You have even argued for the grouping together of all threads related to long term comedowns.

We can't really infer anything about the real world from these results.

What the poll does show, however, is that MDMA has caused 36% of the people on this board some kind of suffering and just under a quarter of the people on this board have suffered more than they have gained from the drug.

The data you have collected here supports the fact that MDMA does cause problems, not because it is a demon drug, but because MDMA has to be used in a very specific way and most people don't know how. I think you will be hard-pressed to find another drug on bluelight with significantly more sufferers. This of course, is merely speculation based on an estimated ratio of negative threads to neutral/ positive threads in the various subforums.

There is 1 thing I think the evidence you have gathered incontrovertibly supports though: the idea that any sort of attempt to group together comedown threads would be plain silly. 36% of the board has suffered to some extent as a direct consequence of MDMA use/ abuse.... including you!

Last edited:
I feel the poll might not be totally correct for one reason. This is a drug users website meaning a lot of the current MDMA users will be biased towards it. It is in human nature to promote the thing you are doing or interested in so you can feel good about it your self. Obviously if someone is still using MDMA on a monthly basis they aren't going to say it is a total shit drug, with nasty side effects but i am still going to use it. They will probably boast about how good it is and all of that jazz. Anyone see where i'm coming from?

Anyways with that aside I have had my BEST nights on MDMA. No questions asked nothing compares to my nights when i was rolling at raves, chatting up everyone, giving/getting light shows and all of that. But i have had some terrible after affects to. I feel like my soul has been left at the rave, and nothing will ever even come close to making me that happy which is a bad feeling. I have suffered many psychological problems with pretty light-medium usage of MDMA. I just don't want to be messing with a chemical this powerful anymore, something that releases that much serotonin and dopamine in one go changes you as a person. Maybe somewhere far down in the future i will roll again, but for now i am staying far away from her.

The survey is fabricated with questions that will not produce accurate results. The survey is a stunt you have set up to prove to the forum that people who are suffering long term comedowns are in a minority and either mental idiots or bullshitters.

"mental idiots"? Is that what I'm trying to prove here.. interesting, that's news to me. Considering I would be one of those "bull shiters", you obviously don't know my intentions here.

I was extremely surprised by the results actually, yet quite pleased. You disagree with my methodology, but refuse to help make it more accurate. In that case I completely disagree with everything you say about my intentions, and if you are not willing to further the study then you have no room to be complaining about it. I set this up to the the most accurate as I possibly could, adding the last option so I could completely 100% cover the spectrum of users.

What the poll does show, however, is that MDMA has caused 36% of the people on this board some kind of suffering and just under a quarter of the people on this board have suffered more than they have gained from the drug.

This is a sensible argument based on the numbers provided, unlike futura who simply dismissed them all together.

Fuck yeah. Joy is killing it.

Even if the poll is a guise it is the only thing happy in ED.

Excellent Poll Folley............very interesting to say the least.

Could I ask that its link be added to those in the Directory for future use. Cheers.

The survey is fabricated with questions that will not produce accurate results. The survey is a stunt you have set up to prove to the forum that people who are suffering long term comedowns are in a minority and either mental idiots or bullshitters.

WTF............lol OMG take a chill pill FFS.

Its just a poll in a forum, its not some government thing which will determine future laws or practices etc.

Its interesting and thats about all.

If I can figure out right from left it should be merged into the "Your experiences with MDMA" Sticky :)

69 voters so far hehe.. I'll probably move it at 100

WTF............lol OMG take a chill pill FFS.

Its just a poll in a forum, its not some government thing which will determine future laws or practices etc.

Its interesting and thats about all.

Well well well, haven't seen you around for a while. I remember seeing your name around back in the day 08.

Dan practically built ED.. I'm just riding on his coat tails now :)

MDMA has affected me a lot, mostly for good but i've probably also done myself some long term damage with it (admittedly through overdoing it).

It would be interesting IMO to see a similar survey done solely on whether MDMA has brought you psychological benefits/harm as well as specifying whether the user was an introvert/extravert

If it were an option, I would have said that MDMA has not had a significant effect on my life. I would, however, say that the overall impact has been positive: several sessions of euphoria have been worth some annoyingly bad hangovers.

ebola

I don't know if I have any business posting in this thread, but the only "x" i've done is two doses of "Molly" (didnt actually know what was in the capsules). First time was amazing & tons of fun. Woke up feeling fine the next day.

I was at an EDM festival so I redosed next day, & of course fried my brain that night and instantly got depressed the next day. It's been 2 1/2 months & counting recovering from that second night. So I would safely say due to my carelessness, it has affected me negatively. However, I've been thinking of some positive outcomes that could come out of this experience.

100% positive. I've had very minor negative experiences and I can't see any reason to not adore it

I've been taking MDMA/Ecstasy for over a year now. To begin with my usage was quite regular and I really enjoyed it but I slowly felt myself growing out of it. Also I got extremely psychologically put off by the notion of come downs and the regulation of serotonin in my body - even though I physically didn't feel at all any strain, it was just reading the science about it that overtook my opinion of it. I only had one 'bad' come down but otherwise I lay off purely because after a short sabbatical I had built up the come downs and serotonin loss in my head. Anyway, I recently took two red defqon pills after taking acid and by God I was reminded of how wonderful it was and I didn't feel a a come down and felt great for the rest of the week. I was so glad that I'd gotten over the mental bridge and it was nice to be brought back to the wonderful pleasures.

I hope I didn't ramble too much, I think most of the posts seem to be based around peoples first experiences. All I remember of mine was wonderful feelings and loving my friends and feeling so content and proud of having them in my life plus obviously intensified the enjoyment of the club experience (which I don't rate too highly sober).

LMAO, the OP is right about Americans making up the "losing the magic" bullshit. I am an American, and most the clowns that do drugs her are so far gone into ridiculous "theories" about drugs that they spend most of their time "high" worried about them. I personally have never "lost the magic" and don't even see how that is possible. I could drop once a week and love it every time, if I didn't have to work 5 days a week lol. Fucking dumb Americans, lol; now I am in Latin America and people don't give a fuck.

I've merged the "How has MDMA affected you?" poll into this sticky :)