• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] High Dosage Trips

i ate about 1/4 of some potent azurescens and had a breakdown but still interesting mostly dont remember much though just the confusion and wanting to not exist but other than that vary different.

Seems the average so far is about a 1/4. Funny that it's exactly double the usual amount people take. Lucky number 7 has done some wonderful things to me on shrooms ;)

I've eaten 7g's twice, 5.2g once, 5.0g of all caps once (best exp on shrooms ever), 4.0g's once (with IV K - very intense trip), 3.5g's a handful of times. 1.75g's twice (once great trip, the other time I didn't get much out of it)

I've had several experiences at 10+ grams, mostly with cyans. This is done alone and each time I've had my ego dissolved and have communed with the All.

It's often a rough come-up, guys. And I'd suggest a sitter or at least someone to smooth the waves you can call if things get a bit choppy.

I've had several experiences at 10+ grams, mostly with cyans. This is done alone and each time I've had my ego dissolved and have communed with the All.

It's often a rough come-up, guys. And I'd suggest a sitter or at least someone to smooth the waves you can call if things get a bit choppy.

I agree. The come up is beautiful, though challenging. I actually prefer to be alone when I begin a high dose shroom trip. It only made me sad that I couldn't communicate with my friend who was talking to me and I had little/no idea how to respond. 4 hours later I could talk again. :D

The largest dose of mushrooms I've eaten was about 7 grams, this past summer on the very last night of Shambhala music festival in Canada.

I ate them in the form of chocolates I received there, so I'm not sure of the strain, but it was certainly the strongest mushroom trip I've had, and maybe even the strongest trip. It was incredibly spiritual, humanizing and heart warming. I was with a group of very close friends, and we sat beneath a big tree by the beach and talked and cuddled, and I did amazing yoga, which was so pleasurable it felt like a full-body orgasm the whole time. I finished that with a grand Oming sesh and howled at the moon. I then went back with my friends, and cried for all the pain in the world, and to finish off the trip I threw up a very small amount, which I'd call a purge. I was on my way down after the purge.

It was beeee-u-teeful!!

I had my largest dose ever last week which was 75g fresh of Psilocybe cubensis.
I am lucky enough to have them grow on our property in NSW AUS, but wow that was one hell of a trip i launched with one of my close like minded alien companions and it was very visually arousing, and like most of the times i've embarked upon hallucinogenic journeys I seem to learn lots of secrets about my surrounds which is what i love the most.
IMO these trips are best takin in comfy surronds and as VENRAK stated having someone with you that you trust is always great. BTW awsome forum,only my 3rd post but I love this site already.

My average dose of cubes is around 12-14 dried grams. I have gone as high as 19-21 dried grams but only for special occasions.

This is after taking them regularly for a long time - you do develop a tolerance.

^ Yeah, whatever.

As for me I usually take 2 - 3.5g, i'll probably never go higher simply because as little as 1g can create such a mental storm, fuck that on 4g+

4.2g is my highest. My normal used to be 3.5g. Now I'm around the 2g range.

Going by weight isn't the best way though. Its definitely all about getting potent mushrooms. Ive definitely had experiences on 1.75 that are comparable with 3.5.

I used to dose between 2.5-3.5 but after a notable 40 or so times eating mushrooms I can find myself eating a little more than 4 grams for a comfortable semi-social setting, maybe spent watching movies or standing in different places with friends making observations and jokes obscure or creating memes.

so to me a dignified certain HEAVY dose begins at 5+, I don't have a resistance, but I have a direct affinity towards mushrooms and LSD, mainly our topic at hand though.

my third trip was a 5 gram dose, with my first direct cognitive realization which involved seeing duality as just perspective rather than absolute reality, nothing was good or bad, and I was coming to terms with the fact was it all just "is". such impulses i've studied comprehensively since.

I've had a 4.5 gram dose i've considered fairly high with two strains mixed, I am not adept at identifying different strains as I just buy em and eat em. but was the most colorful open eyed visuals i've ever had with unheard of (for me) feelings of "holyness" or "divinity".

and *drumroll*... a 6.5 gram dose! in tea, well it's a vague estimation as I had been steeping 8 grams in a cup of water, drank the water and ate all but a small few sloppy, gag-inducing globs/stems. so I imagine it no less than 6.5 worth of dried mushrooms consumed. I had my first momentary phase out of proper consiousness of my own surroundings, I was walking a beach I am very familiar with and suddenly my walking slowed and all the normal people on the beach were all of a sudden tribal people with fires lit and dogs running around, people chasing one another, sticks being sharpened, etc. then a girl runs up to me and speaks (in a tounge I could not translate), my friend calls my name from 40 feet away and I snap back into it and walk back to my homestead.

before the short episode I was laying on the grass during the malaise stage with profound hard to ignore visuals of the clouds shifting and raising dimensions, becoming thinner/thicker, making personified gestures and faces. luckily I was with friends on step down doses (mine 6.5, A had 5, S had 2.5).

big hallucinations on big doses of mushrooms, LSD I almost have to invoke them at medium doses or lower but mushrooms, right to my eyelids!

well shit, last time I dosed shrooms, i met a most fascinating pinguin.

his waistcoat button was silver, and he guided me through alien landscapes - forcing me to come to grips with the fact I had died, and that the reality I had previously known was a cruel joke...

oh man, shrooms fucked my head in good

that was 6 months ago, I want to do that again!

How much did you take?

I took just over 4g for my first shroom trip, and havent pushed it any further yet (due to lack of mushrooms). It was much more intense emotionally than any of my previous trips on any psychedelic.

My girlfriend and I took a little over an ounce of dried boomers about a month ago. It probably goes without saying it was the most intense trip either one of us had ever been through. I put about 15g in tea, and 15g into chocolates. We took it all, and I soon found out just how hardcore an ego death can be. I was convinced I had AIDS, and all my girlfriend could say was "mommy" or "daddy" and she kept calling me pumba, which is her dog's name.

These are the things that happen when you start to grow em. So much fungus laying around we had to do something crazy

Been combining moclobemide with 20 to 25 dried grams of cubensis lately. Moclobemide alters the mushroom trip to be like a DMT trip. Definately worth experimenting with.

High doseages of mushrooms are somewhat counterproductive for me since the intensity during the comeup is such that I cannot relax I find myself "resisting" the trip to a degree, finding the best way to delve my deepest into mushrooms is that of a perfect "high-dose"

i've had 5-7 gram mushrooms trips that left me squirming and unable to get any meaning or depth in the trip because of fear or nausea, or general respect and reluctance to go as far as I was asking when I first contemplated eating 7 grams in a go.

however i've had dozens of 3-3.5 gram trips that left me wanting for more, lying watching visions of splendor but only for an hour or two and feeling completely ready for more tripping.

There is a sweet spot for everyone and I do suppose Mckennas 5 gram formula is pretty reliable for getting one to a "batty" place I find that chowing down 5 grams in under 15 minutes can even cause me to vomit the dose. I usually find the need to take it down slowly.

My best results for comfort/content have been about 4-4.5 grams, eaten over the course of 45-60 minutes. If I chow a large dose to fast that whole "what have I done to myself!?" mindset kicks in.

I'm gonna chew these fellers my whole life so my strategy and preferences will always vary. My deepest trips have been on modest doses, whereas my most uneventful trips have been from me resisting massive dosages. The rush just gets on top of me :p