• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] High Dosage Trips

^ I like to trip alone, because I don't like to be out in public and I have never had the urge to jump out of my window or kill myself or even go out in public, for that matter.

tripping alone would be just like doing anything alone: if something goes wrong, you have less chance to make it out scotch free

there is no cure all to a bad trip!!! going into an intense trip thinking some stupid little benzo is going to save you is exactly the opposite of what your mental set should be. they might help you on a weaker trip, but its not like you can pop some xannies and end your nightmare.

clear your mind young padewan

go into the trip thinking you are about to have the most humbling experience of your life, and that way if you do, you wont be surprised. save the benzos for when your girlfriend or mom wont stop bitching some night.

be ready for a "beyond comprehension and everything" experience :p

THE WOOD said:
there is no cure all to a bad trip!!! going into an intense trip thinking some stupid little benzo is going to save you is exactly the opposite of what your mental set should be. they might help you on a weaker trip, but its not like you can pop some xannies and end your nightmare.

Yeah, no kidding. That's one reason I didn't understand this reccomendation. I think psychedelics are better off done by themselves. I have never really had the desire to combine other drugs with them, and usually if it is a heavy dose (which is what we are discussing here) it will overpower most other drugs. If you're concerned enough about bad things happening with a heavy dose to take sedatives then that sounds like the wrong frame of mind to begin with, so maybe you shouldn't take a high dose.

High(er) dose mushroom trips?

Hey guys. I've been thinking lately about possibly taking a high dose of mushrooms later this year. Not astronomical, but higher than regular. While compared to people on this board I'm not neccesarily a "seasoned" tripper, I have eaten mushrooms more times than I can count (20+ probably) and dabbled in LSD.

I haven't tripped in a while, but when I was in my mushroom phase I was eating anywhere from 2 grams to a little less than a quarter. I got to the point that I wasn't really tripping as much as enjoying a nice body high. Anyway, to the point: I'd like some input on what a good dose would be to sort of take me to the next level with the mushroom. I'm kind of planning this as a sort of exit from my drug experimentation, so I want to at least once know what it's like to trip hard. I'm thinking perhaps somewhere around a quarter without a tolerance. For reference I'm a fairly big guy, about 6'2 190 pounds... in pretty decent shape. I'm looking for an experience that's intense but nothing that alters my ability to function for weeks on end, or anything like that.

I can handle my mushies pretty well so the thought of a bad trip doesn't really worry however I will ask -- is there a higher risk of an unpleasant experience with higher doses? Are there safety risks (beyond normal)? And what can you expect from larger quantities of the mush as I've never really known anyone to eat alot of them. Chances are I would be tripping with 2 buddies that would be taking a more normal dose, like 1/8. Is it longer? More lingering after-effects?

Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to offer insight into this. I really don't know too much about tripping on mushies with higher quantities. As I've said I ate 5 grams once and had a great time, wasn't unsettling at all BUT at the time I had a tolerance from that being my 3rd trip in less than 3 weeks.

I just had my first high-dose trip of 4.5 grams. Needless to say I was feeling it within 20 minutes and gone by 30. There wasn't even a chance to enjoy the body high or feel my ego slipping away.

I was tripping with a friend who took the same dose, but he puked it out. He started having an identity crisis and loops of nausea. My visuals were intense, everything just "looked" different even though I had no idea what exactly was different. It was confusing. I kept getting caught in the loop and wanted out to fix whatever mess we somehow made. I thought my friend had puked everywhere and we were in trouble. It didn't help that his brother came down and started video-recording us. I remember exploring my hair and mouth with my fingers and they felt incredibly different. My mouth felt like a massive cave.

Eventually, after losing my ego completely, "I" consciously "woke up" and entered a new phase in my life. I felt like everyone was a byproduct of my consciousness. At one point I thought I was my friend, because he kept repeating his name. But I concluded my brain was thinking everyone up, like a dream. During this time (t+2h) "I" was basically completely uninhibited and delusional as hell. At one point I yelled, gritted my teeth, and felt the last bit of sanity I had leave me. Sometime later, I peed all over myself....why?... because I could. Because I was now in piss-soaked shorts, I ended up stripping and walking around my friend's house naked, with his two older siblings (22 and 26) still around. I didn't feel bad at all, after all, I thought they weren't other people but in fact me. Plus I was crying a lot, right in front of my friend. A bit later I ate a little beetle that was crawling on the counter. 8o

Normally I'm a very calm and collected, shy nerd. This was very unusual behavior. Shrooms take the crown in my book for altering behavior, beating even alcohol. Theres a big difference though, you remember the trip, mostly.

Around 5AM - 5 hours later - I finally came out of the 'delusion'. It was about time too, because I thought I had left my old life behind and I wanted it back. I thought I would never see my girlfriend again. I was glad when I realized everyone was not me, and that they were in fact a little worried for me.

That was definately a side of me they've never seen.

Overall, it was really intense and interesting, but not exactly spiritual or profound. I'll stick to tripping alone, thank you.

Last edited:
Something to bear in mind that potency varies from mushroom to mushroom and batch to batch. I've eaten mushrooms countless times, and had only 1 bad trip on them. It wasn't a bad trip because of my mindset at the time, either. At this point, I'd taken up to 8g of high quality stuff and not wigged out. Anyway, I was took 3.75g and had one of the most intense psychedelic experiences I've ever had.

It blew me away, completely. Something ended up happening that freaked me out, and I snapped. I've described the trip a few times on here, so I won't go into it.

An associate of mine (somewhere between friend and drug-buddy), got a quarter of these from me. I had ~2.5g extra left over, and a "total mindfuck or nothing at all" attitude towards my dose sizes at the time, so I just gave him the leftover stuff. He ate the whole sack. I wouldn't have gien it to him had I known he was going to do that. He ended up doing a bunch of really fucked up stuff that could have gotten him into trouble.

He was laying down on his driveway and in the street smoking joints, which could have easily gotten him run over. Then he thought he was dying and brought all of his drug related possesions into the backyard, and set them ablaze so his family wouldn't find it with his body. He had conversations with people that weren't there (while walking around outside), decided to go swimming in someone else's pool, etc. Not that everyone does this sort of stuff, but I'm just trying to emphasize the need for a sitter at high doses.

The last time I took a large dose, I took a piece of chocolate with 6g in it. It took me a little while to eat it, and I was totally sober until a few minutes after finishing it. I completely forgot about the chocolate, or my intentions of eating the mushrooms.

The next thing I know, I burst into riotous laughter. My GF and one of my best friends were sitting on the couch watching cartoons. They stared at me like I was insane. I said "Why are you staring at me?", and they asked me what was so funny. I started to answer, but had no idea what to say. I didn't know what was funny. Nothing was funny. I didn't know what was going on, and I was starting to get confused. I started feeling a surge of energy through my body, and started losing fine motor control. I was having problems walking. The Fear was setting in. Then I collapsed on the couch and fried out until it was over. I don't think I could have moved if I wanted to. Its impossible to describe what went on, but it felt like I analyzed/relived every memory I had ever stored. Parts were scary, parts very unpleasnt, some fantastic.

Just make sure you know this is what you want to do.

If you have been taking monster doses with regularity and become tolerant, then take a break, then go back to big doses... they can catch you off guard and kick your ass.

I truly don't mean any disrespect, but some of the actions and reactions you both have described are hysterically funny. I imagine they must have been horrific at the time.

Eating beetles, thinking your mouth is a massive cave, inappropriate riotous laughter and setting drug paraphernalia ablaze. God what I wouldn't have given to be a hidden witness to any of those acts. I've never gone that far, but I have had to fight the urge to do some pretty bizarre things while tripping in public.

Agreed.

I remember running around (mushrooms) looking terrified, shouting "I don't know who I am!", and everyone thought I'd had some sort of re-evaluation of my life and lost my old self, but I really just couldn't remember who I was. I also remember the whole being sorry, wanting to fix the problem that didn't even exist, etc. things.

Then, I completely lost my mind, thought we were all that teh point of no return, and crazily (i can't really remember this, but I'm told by my sober at hte time girlfriend) proceeded to calmly inform the others that we were all now crazy, had transcended into another dimension, and there was no going back. I thought gravity had disappeared and we were just chilling on the walls and roof. Dangerous, considering I live on the fourth floor and had to be restrained from going out onto the balcony.

You really have no judgement as to how your actions may be perceived, or the possible consequences.

Golden rule: Hide all phones, car keys, breakable objects and lock your doors when taking silly doses.

I'd wait at least six weeks and have the shrroms with a nice cup of tea. The tannic acid and a dash of lemon make the good parts a lot more available to the neurons.

Golden rule: Hide all phones, car keys, breakable objects and lock your doors when taking silly doses.

Yes.

I' m constantly amazed by the doses of shrooms bLers are doing. Maybe I'm just used to potent ones or am very soft headed, but...

Also, if you're looking for the "next level" mushroom experience, consider experimenting with "shroom-huasca" combos (mushrooms + MAOI's like syrian rue). Not only boost the trip, but add a new flavor. Do your research on doses first though, you don't want to over do it!

When I first tried out some boomers I had the mindset of going all the way. I just really wanted to try em and figured I might as well go big..7.5 g's.

They started kicking in when I went on my buddys wood-grain porch. I knew I was tripping hard. The grain patterns looked like snakes slithering between each board.

I jumped off the deck puked in the grass layed there for 2 hrs in a complete psychotic trance. I guess you could say I underestimated how potent a trip can get.

Hell my whole trip was so fucked up...I could probably write a trip report about it.But I'm taking 3.5 g's this weekend. I'll see if it can top my first trip...i doubt it ;)

Lets appreciate high doses of shrooms :)

List your dose, what species and strain and how it was :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a pretty big fan of the classic "eighth" myself, never went higher yet either.

EDIT: Oh yeah, mostly just cubies.

I'm a pretty big fan of the classic "eighth" myself, never went higher yet either.

EDIT: Oh yeah, mostly just cubies.

1/4 oz aka "quad" of psyilocybe cyanesens. It was a terrifying yet magical journey. I watched the sunset, it was otherworldly. Then I listened to chick corea ultimate adventure, and stared at a million faces making faces at me in my mind!

idk man I took pretty close to a 1/4 of some gold caps one time and it was willlld... the only bad trip I've ever had and it was unbelievable. I ended up lying on a floor in a garage listening to some reeal trippy jamm that was goin on in the other room and everything was turning inside out in my vision and it was horrible! ha i ended up calling my stepdad and he calmed me down and helped me get back into the happy tripp...

all in all I'm never gonna take more than 1/8 from now on

yeh my quad was insane!! It got really scary!! Once i layed down and listened to some good jazz I felt sublime though!

I've never done more than 4 grams.. and I really don't plan on it.. I've had semi bad trips on as little as 2 grams of shrooms.. I can only imagine what kind mental shit storm might happen at 1/4 or something. fuck that
you guys are brave
:)

I ate about 8-9 grams once. Not sure of the strain but it was one hell of a ride. It was also the first time I had listened to The Beatles on vinyl. I felt like I was being transported to another space and time, literally not even part of the earth. Euphoria was like nothing i've ever experienced. All in all would do again.