Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] High Dosage Trips

Akoto

Bluelighter
Welcome to the Psilocybin Mushrooms subthread for High Dosage Trips

Back to the main Big & Dandy Mushrooms Thread

[original post:]

im looking to get a whole lota mushrooms, and eat 6-8 grams of the stuff

the most ive had b4 is arround 4 grams and that was very intence but i think i can handle more

i basicly want to trip mega balls and dont want it to be bad in any way (ive yet to have a bad experiance)

my question is: what sorts of preparations should i make? and is there anything i should know about eating this many? cause i know on eroid it sais 5+ gams is a "heavy" dose and ive heard storeys about how it can be the most intense thing

on the 4 g i took i had all the things i read about (time loss, ego loss (total), close and open eye visualisations, some sound distortion, stuff like that) but i missed out on the alien entitie thing ive read so much about and i really want to see what that is about. anyone know of the best way to encounter one of these? (other then eating tons of mushrooms)

Last edited by a moderator:
Try five grams first, before venturing above that... It should get you where you want to go, depends on the quality of the mushrooms though.

Yeah, jumping from 4 to 6 is a huge leap... 5g whipped my ass about 2 times harder than 4g. There is definitely a huge dose-response curve involved with higher doses.

and make sure to have some benzos with you. Even if your trip doesn't go bad and you don't use them, it's reassuring to have them available. Really helps if you start to worry about a bad trip.

If your shrooms are half decent then five grams will be a very intense experience. I would not eat more then five, it is a good introduction to the deep end of the mushroom experience. Make sure you are in a good setting and mentally in a good state. If things get too intense just lay down in a safe place and wait it out.

Yeah, jumping from 4 to 6 is a huge leap... 5g whipped my ass about 2 times harder than 4g. There is definitely a huge dose-response curve involved with higher doses.

huge? try exponential. has like n^3 order of growth. 4 grams can sometimes be 2x as potent as 3. 5 grams can sometimes be 2x as potent as 4. In any event, 7 grams is a heroic dose. ive only gone above that once, and its not something im likely to ever repeat (was not a bad trip, just so powerful it took weeks to really recover from it fully - took a 10 gram dose after being comfortable with 7g and well you can just imagine. allthough it did give me some inspiration for some groovy artwork).

Anything over 7 grams, and you are venturing into the darkest uncharted areas of the universe. Beforewarned, there are alleged entities and manifestations in that dimension of the mind that can turn your perception of the real world inside out. Just be very careful, and like said, work your way up! Dont jump from 4 grams to 8 grams thinking its going to be twice as strong, this isnt acid, and its likely to be about 15 times as strong. Not like you can actually measure mental effects or anything, but trust me, this is not to be done without a guardian angel and a trip sitter.

And yeah like siad, 5 grams is usually enough to induse an entire visual field filled with hallucinations and colorful patterns. If you can handle 5 in a good, safe environment, then move to 5.5. THen 6, then 6.5...

and make sure to have some benzos with you. Even if your trip doesn't go bad and you don't use them, it's reassuring to have them available. Really helps if you start to worry about a bad trip.

allthough better than nothing, sometimes a super-duper-giant sized mushroom dose superscedes the effect of benzos. while they may make a raging, knife wielding, froathy slobbering madman physically settle down, they may not cease the torment in his mind.

this is certainly not to say you will have an unpleasant trip! dont take my forewarnings as foreshadowings! but it is to say that you should be as careful as possible, and have someone who can handle things if it gets out of hand. dont think benzos will end your trip, they will just make you lay there and have a more fuzzy, physically relaxed super-duper-giant sized mushroom trip. so bottom line, dont go take a dose like that if you dont think you can handle it - work your way up. you can always take more, never can you take less.

If things get too intense just lay down in a safe place and wait it out.

easier said than done. remember when "waiting it out" a single second is going to feel like a millenium on that dose. time is meaningless at 6-8 grams, just throw your watch away (plus i doubt your eyes will even be able to read the time, let alone comprehend its passing). an hour will feel like the universe has condensed and re expanded many times and you have experienced the history of the world a thousand times over. "waiting it out" may take a while in mushroom headspace.

oh and its going to be intense, no argument there. i think he is implying intense in a bad way. most likely you are going to be awestruck with intensity, and when the trip is over, you will be smiling so hard your face hurts, just from the visions your mind has conjured up. but in case things do go bad, make sure u are in a safe place, where u can lie down, and have someone sober within voice's reach (who has access to phone, help, etc, JUST IN CASE!). see i dont like saying all this cuz i dont want to scare anyone - most likely you will have fun provided you are comfy with the dose and safe. but if it would go bad, it can get ugilier than oogly in a heartbeat.

shit, one time i wigged out just from the sound effects from that game halo, on like a 5 gram dose. my trip sitter thought it was cool to take 8 shots of rum, and diddnt notice me walking outside in a t shirt when it was 0 degrees outside. but damn those noises were fucking with my head!!!

Last edited:
I remember one time this guy showed up at a friend's house with a HUGE bag of these dried mushrooms that were so strong, they had black powder inside the stalks. These were some SERIOUS FUNGUS.

Anyway, we all ate an eighth and were off our heads for about 3-4 hours, then the comedown. We were all feeling crappy because of the comedown so one friend and I decided to eat another eighth. In total, we both ate seven grams.

That was probably a bad idea. I was so fucking gone I didn't know where I was. The universe was literally warping around me. Crazy shit, but definitely not a bad trip.

The second comedown was, needless to say, unpleasant.

I never got the 'alien entity thing', so I dunno about that.

My only advice is don't do it alone (duh). Have fun

Don't plan on going anywhere, remembering your name, being able to remove yourself from the floor/couch for an hour or two. Have a bucket handy as you might get sick.

The most I have had was a little over a half an ounce (about 6 or 7 grams). Ego loss is not something you can really "get" by reading accounts of the experience. If you must, have someone around that has not taken too many, and for god’s sake don’t go out into public and make an ass of your self. Good luck, hope you can find your brain the next day lol…..

jdude3 said:
The most I have had was a little over a half an ounce (about 6 or 7 grams).

An ounce is 28 grams, therefore half an ounce is 14 grams. What you took was a quarter of an ounce, or just under.

Yeah if I were you, I would stick to 5 grams, and then once your peak has come, take the rest of the mushrooms. It also depends on who you are tripping with, because ego games can play a HUGE role in where your trip will go. I once dosed 8 grams of mushies, and let me tell you, I did not expect the results. My conscience was everywhere around me except me. I was the walls, the ceiling, the tv, and everthing else. After that, I turned into god. I lost alot of friends that way, and they will probably never look at me the same.

Also, you don't want to risk having a bad trip, because then you will have to face your fears to a much greater extent the next time you want to dose with mushrooms. Unless you are experienced of course... Mushrooms are too good to fuck with!! I know people who say they will never touch mushrooms again because of their bad trip. Is that really something to risk?

DOH!!! Thanks Pingu.... yes... 6-7 grams (a 1/4) NOT a half.. we both split a half.. I need to drink more coffee before I post.

:)

what about eating like 3.5g then eating the rest later? or is it best to eat shrooms all at the same time

what about eating like 3.5g then eating the rest later? or is it best to eat shrooms all at the same time

Eating them all at the same time will probably make you trip harder, as the initial amount of psilocybin seems to be a major factor in the strength of the trip (in my experience, at least). Dosing more later will either just extend the duration of the trip, or, if you dose enough the second time, may increase the intensity. But probably not as much as taking them all at once..

Dan

as far as set and setting goes, itl most likely be the usual where im at my friends apartment with like 4-8 other people i know fairly well (its a good place), or with my best friend (just me and him) in his bacement, or by myself in my room.

i like the idea of changing setting after a while. perhaps ill go for a walk at some point or retire to my house.

what i find with shrooms tho is i tend to just space out and it doesnt matter too much whos in the room cause ill probably just be in my own world (especialy at 5+ grams)

anyone have anything to say about the forign entities thing? i read this one trip report on erowid that involved 7g, a quite room, and forign entities. also read my fave one called "blue by you", but thats a DMT one and i dont think im ready for that. and i plan on doing salvia some time soon

i used to swear by more is better but we live and learn ,good luck with your experimentation,too much of a good thing,heard that one before,not saying that 8gs is too much for you just that keeping increasing the dose all the time is a sure fire way to find your limit.

if you are going to redose,you should do so before you peak,as after this they will have little effect for a few days.i have found it best to redose about 2 hours after initial ingestion.50 grams of fresh shrooms has taken me to other dimensions of perception,but there were no entities,only what felt like my own spirit to converse with internally.

if you are looking for an alien entity, it may be best to trip alone, with someone maybe somewhere close but not in your immediate presence. When you're alone, you'll be albe to drive yourself deeper into the hallucinations and ego loss. I always find that I can get much much deeper into the trip alone in my room.

people say have benzos on hand. I would personally have opiates and benzos on hand. Opiates really knock out any "bad" feelings you might be having. It's hard to have a bad time on a high enough dose of opiates (unless of course you OD) combinging opiates + benzos (in respectable doses is the way to get out of intense situations) The opiates would REALLY clear up your mind . I remember being on miprocin full on seeing the craziest visual I ever had and 15minutes later that hydrocodone kicked in [12.5mg first time] and I was now in the opiate state instead of hallucinogenic but I was glad since I was tired of tripping for that long.

hopefully i'll try 7g as a reward if i do well at upcoming tests. I recon a 7+ gram trip shld get you a silver psychonaut badge.